• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New interval international getaway confirmation without Marriott confirmation number [merged]

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Confirmations are not coming to me as PDF anymore. I am not booking getaways. They send it in an email. It's weird. But maybe it's temporary.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Confirmations are not coming to me as PDF anymore. I am not booking getaways. They send it in an email. It's weird. But maybe it's temporary.
No, this is the new format for confirmations.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So... what is the workaround to get Marriott's confirmation / reservation number?
You can email Mark and he should be able to send it to you. I've seen it on some confirmations and not on others.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Why do you think they changed this?
Not sure really. It could have something to do with the software required to generate the PDF files on their side and not wanting to pay licensing fees for it. That is just a guess, but I suspect the licensing isn't cheap as we use something similar in my line of work.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
So... what is the workaround to get Marriott's confirmation / reservation number?
I made a Newport Coast reservation in April and the confirm was of the earlier/original "vintage". A few days ago I had ii resend the confirm and it arrived as an email. There was the "confirmation number" (Interval's) and also buried a little deeper, a "reservation number" which is Marriott's. I suspect - - but don't know for certain - - that the new confirms show the Marriott res number.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I made a Newport Coast reservation in April and the confirm was of the earlier/original "vintage". A few days ago I had ii resend the confirm and it arrived as an email. There was the "confirmation number" (Interval's) and also buried a little deeper, a "reservation number" which is Marriott's. I suspect - - but don't know for certain - - that the new confirms show the Marriott res number.
Unless they are putting them in different place, I can confirm that not all confirmations include the reservation number. The first one below is for Canyon Villas and the second one for Frenchman's Cove. Both are exchanges and both were initially sent as PDFs but these screen shots are taken from the new email.

1720503267632.png

1720503398098.png

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unless they are putting them in different place, I can confirm that not all confirmations include the reservation number. The first one below is for Canyon Villas and the second one for Frenchman's Cove. Both are exchanges and both were initially sent as PDFs but these screen shots are taken from the new email.

View attachment 95953

View attachment 95955
Interesting... Thanks for responding Jeremy.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Before I travel to a Marriott I like to go to the Bonvoy CC site and make sure that my res and acct. number is in their system. That seems to help me get my points and night's credit. That means that I have to load that info and provide the res. number. That also means that I might have to call Interval to get all of those res numbers. That's going to be a royal PITA.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Before I travel to a Marriott I like to go to the Bonvoy CC site and make sure that my res and acct. number is in their system. That seems to help me get my points and night's credit. That means that I have to load that info and provide the res. number. That also means that I might have to call Interval to get all of those res numbers. That's going to be a royal PITA.
It has been reported that you can email Mark and he can send it. After a while I suspect he will get tired of doing that and perhaps expedite a fix.

Also, what is the Bonvoy CC site? Does CC stand for Credit Card?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It has been reported that you can email Mark and he can send it. After a while I suspect he will get tired of doing that and perhaps expedite a fix.

Also, what is the Bonvoy CC site? Does CC stand for Credit Card?
The Bonvoy credit card site is Marriott.com. I get points and night's credit for each timeshare stay as well as purchases. It is great for hotel stays on long drive-to vacations or for hotel stays where there aren't timeshares (e.g., Paso Robles, Ca.).

Before I retired, I was dealing with large system integration projects. If we had a software bug that we couldn't fix or which would be costly to fix, we called it a system FEATURE rather than a limitation or bug. ;)

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The Bonvoy credit card site is Marriott.com. I get points and night's credit for each timeshare stay as well as purchases. It is great for hotel stays on long drive-to vacations or for hotel stays where there aren't timeshares (e.g., Paso Robles, Ca.).

Before I retired, I was dealing with large system integration projects. If we had a software bug that we couldn't fix or which would be costly to fix, we called it a system FEATURE rather than a limitation or bug. ;)
Okay. I was just confused as I would consider the Bonvoy Credit Card site to be Chase.com or perhaps the Amex site. Marriott.com really doesn't have anything to do with the credit card.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Who is Mark?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Who is Mark?
Mark is II's social media liaison. He can be reached through the II TUG Members Mailbox. If Mark is out, someone else may monitor that mailbox.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I emailed Mark this morning. He responded saying that they are aware that the Marriott res # is missing on some confirmations and that they are working to fix it.

Yay Mark!!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay. I was just confused as I would consider the Bonvoy Credit Card site to be Chase.com or perhaps the Amex site. Marriott.com really doesn't have anything to do with the credit card.
When I log on to marriott.com, I log in using my Marriott Bonvoy ID but, you're right, the card is a Chase. But that is where I can check the number of points on my Bonvoy card and check to see if I've received credit for a recent stay.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
3 Resorts In Cocoa Beach, FL
Ok, so I booked a unit at Sheraton Vistana Villages on Saturday via II using an AC for next month. The entire confirmation form has been changed as of July 1, 2024. The first thing I noticed was no Marriott reservation number listed. I called Marriott to inquire as to why the reservation number was missing. This is the number given on all reservations so the units can be added to our Marriott accounts. After waiting for a while on hold, the agent finally gave me the reservation number. When II opened on Monday, I called to find out why the Marriott number was missing from the reservation. That call took over 30 minutes as I was changed to several other departments. No one could explain why the Marriott number was not included. The agent was unaware of the Marriott number and only had the exchange confirmation number. The last department I was transferred to finally stated that the exchange confirmation is now a new form and will no longer include the Marriott exchange numbers. This means that extra time will be wasted having to call II or Marriott to obtain the number so the reservation can be added to our accounts. The person also said the Marriott number would be added by the resort. I never wait until my arrival to request that the reservation number be added to my account. This all needs to be finalized when the unit is booked with II so we can see it in our accounts.

I am not happy with the change because of the amount of time it took just for me to get the correct information. On another note, the new confirmation page is easier to read, but it just needs the Marriott number to be added.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems to be varying with sometimes being provided and sometimes not. There is a new confirmation email and the info, when provided, is in a different place.
If you are able to link your II account to a Bonvoy number that is worth doing to see if that enables the reservation to be pulled through to Bonvoy.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
3 Resorts In Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks so much for sharing this link. Apparently, there's no glitch in the system. The II agent told me today that the Marriott reservation number is no longer being included. I simply dislike needing to call II just to get the reservation number. It's not on all forms. My reservation booked on Saturday does not include the Marriott number anywhere on the form. I'll save the information listed for Mark.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Marriott's IT system is so gorked it is comical if not scary. This time I got a win.

For the 3rd time, a week that was traded continued to remain in our names, leading to preference emails and concierge calls. I spoke to the update troll. I expressly told them we had traded the week for a week in France (as confirmed in both the MVC and II accounts as well as our stay in France), but they continued to call.

I recently got the "provide your comments about your stay" email and was curious. I checked my Bonvoy account and got a 500 pt welcome bonus and was credited for the 7 nights. I routinely get folios for weeks of other guests with all charges and names for weeks I have traded through II.

Last edited:

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing this link. Apparently, there's no glitch in the system.
I've seen posts from people showing the new format with a Bonvoy number on it.

Agreed, its annoying, the more Mark gets asked to provide the number the more likely they are to fix it.