• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Data Suggest the Coronavirus Isn’t as Deadly as We Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
People are starting to protest against the SIP/SAH and shut downs. I read about one rally where the government response was “protesting is not an essential activity.” Very funny. LOL I am seeing more and more complaints about when will this end. I think in the first month, people were patient and it was all about staying home to save lives. Now going into month 2, people are exhausted and seeing the many ramifications on their own Iives and those of their children and family members. I keep hearing we could be living under some type of SIP/SAH order until there is a vaccine. That is mind boggling.
People waiting for a vaccine clearly have some other income stream

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
People are starting to protest against the SIP/SAH and shut downs. I read about one rally where the government response was “protesting is not an essential activity.” Very funny. LOL I am seeing more and more complaints about when will this end. I think in the first month, people were patient and it was all about staying home to save lives. Now going into month 2, people are exhausted and seeing the many ramifications on their own Iives and those of their children and family members. I keep hearing we could be living under some type of SIP/SAH order until there is a vaccine. That is mind boggling.

Agree that we cannot keep this going for more than a few months. We needed testing and PPE for more than hospital workers NOW so we can open up the economy granularly.

Why can't the Feds get more tests and PPE delivered? It has been two months. Perhaps we should put the Army Corps of Engineers and National Guard in charge of this process because they have their sh*t together and get results. Just look at how quickly they built those field hospitals. Very impressive.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
People waiting for a virus clearly have some other income stream
I think you have nailed it. When I look at the Phase 1/2/3 re-opening guidance, my husband and I will remain SIP because 1) We are retired and don't need work income 2) We are in the high risk category. If we still have a business to run we will look at how to re-open the business and get the young and healthy back to work while the folks who are vulnerable continue to SIP. Re-opening and SIP are not mutually exclusive.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I'm listening to POTUS's daily presser now. They are discussing phase 1 antibody testing. As far as I'm concerned this is a big YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

With the exception of hearing from the scientists, I find this a big waste of time. We need results - not blaming others and excuses. Results are all that matter right now.

Last edited:

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don’t work too hard. We had to furlough a group of our hourly employees on Friday. We told them we will pay for all of their benefits till we bring them back. So I’m feeling very sad that we had to furlough them but we have no raw materials left and we’ve filled our plant and warehouse fully with the parts they had been making. All of our customers have pushed their orders to us out 160 days. So all of our business has dropped to zero. I’m thankful that I’m still employed and the President (who I report to) said the BOD approved for me to get a small bonus since I’ve been working around the clock securing financing and loans. I’m so very thankful that I work for a company that is trying to ensure we come out of this mess still standing.
Thank you for your vital service to America. Stay healthy and safe. AL

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
People waiting for a vaccine clearly have some other income stream

Not even just income

My job has not been affected therefore other than places being closed my life has not changed
But it’s the closed part that’s the suckie part
Unless someone is a total introvert who in their right mind would want to stare out their windows like animals?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
They are working on a vaccine.
There is no certainty that it will be successful.

Many Treatments are being tested. So far none works for all nor proven to work.

There is no way to know how many people would have died if mitigation was not done. We will never know. As we open up the economy we will know if numbers go up.

Testing everyone for antibodies before opening up the economy cannot be done. The resources needed are not in place anywhere. There is also no certainty that if you have the antibodies you will not get it again.

Deadly as we thought? We still don’t really know. Everything is speculation, opinion, data projections, etc.

I would love to be able to wait this out. Logically that cannot happen. We need to adjust the best we can and move forward as best we can, as safe as we can.

No easy answers because we have many questions still with no scientific answers.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
With the exception of hearing from the scientists, I find this a big waste of time. We need results - not blaming others and excuses. Results are all that matter right now.
This is what has been delivered thus far: 39.4 Million N95 Masks, 431 million hospital gloves, 10.2 million hospital Gowns, 57 million surgical masks and 500 million produced by end of April and 100 Million distributed, 10,000 ventilators to NY and others distributed to other hot spots, 3,7 million tests. Additional ventilators manufactured (NY delivering Federal ventilators to other states as they do not need them now...thank god). Forgot the ships delivered to each coast as well as in several cities the millitary has built hospital beds and 1,000 or so military healthcare workers to NY to help.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
This is what has been delivered thus far: 39.4 Million N95 Masks, 431 million hospital gloves, 10.2 million hospital Gowns, 57 million surgical masks and 500 million produced by end of April and 100 Million distributed, 10,000 ventilators to NY and others distributed to other hot spots, 3,7 million tests. Additional ventilators manufactured (NY delivering Federal ventilators to other states as they do not need them now...thank god). Forgot the ships delivered to each coast as well as in several cities the millitary has built hospital beds and 1,000 or so military healthcare workers to NY to help.

Enough to test about 1% of all Americans. A start, but we have a long way to go before we can safely re-open.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why can't the Feds get more tests and PPE delivered?
With the exception of hearing from the scientists, a big waste of time.

Get the answers to the first by listening to the second.

There are plenty of tests. That was made clear at the Friday presser. What I have been saying for some time. Most labs have PLENTY of capacity for more tests. In my area, anyone can get a test, just needs the Dr's order, and there still are no lines waiting for it. Only issue in some areas is the courier to take it to a lab that has the capacity. Also, testing swabs are hard to get in some places. Again, there are plenty, just get them to the areas which are short.

The feds do NOTHING but mess up the supply chain. There are only so many items that can come off an assembly line running 24/7. Hospitals have them on order themselves through their suppliers and also with their state. Then the FEDS mess it up by over-riding the schedule after some whiny person cries on TV saying 'please help us' and then saying 'you can't tell us what to do'.

Almost all hospitals have gone to single sources for their supplies. (Their choice, coming back to bite them)

No shortage of PPE's anywhere that I know of in the states surrounding me. Of course, they are on TV whining that they don't have enough, but when you drill down, you find they are purposefully conserving B/C they may only have three days worth left. The supply chain will get them there on time, if some nut at a higher level doesn't hijack the truck and send them days later to some place they have determined needs them more. (Again, usually not based on real need, just based on TV complaining)

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a long way to go before we can safely re-open

The economy was not closed B/C it wasn't safe. It was closed to 'flatten the curve' and keep our healthcare from being overwhelmed.

Mission accomplished. Now open things up. All those who feel unsafe can self isolate.

The states are moving quickly with the plans to open, because I think they know the jails can't hold all the American's who value their freedom, and will soon show it en masse.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Protesters in Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah, Wyoming, New York and Virginia.

This is just the beginning.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Enough to test about 1% of all Americans. A start, but we have a long way to go before we can safely re-open.
Depends on the area of the US in NY 29,000 tests per million population, over the entire US 11,000 per million (3,700,000) which is more than S.Korea that has been successful (10,500 per million people, 546,000 total tests) and Germany "opening up" on Monday (1,700,000 tests, 20,500 per million people).

Testing capacity is there to mitigate in most states but I do not have the same confidence about tracking and tracing everyone in the US. They did it in some countries like S.Korea which is how they were successful.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
People are not following the rules anyway

Drive by any Walmart. Packed
Home Depot. Packed

Person taking your money with gloves and a face filter touches everything. Including the face mask and then hands you your change

How is this social distancing?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Thank you for your vital service to America. Stay healthy and safe. AL
I really need to be thanking you. As an essential worker your on the front lines. Thank You so much. Me I’m just a gal working in the automotive sector for the past 33 years. I’m so thankful as I started my career at Ford when I graduated college (worst company I’ve ever worked for) and now after working for most of the big boys in the auto industry, I’m now working for the best company I’ve ever worked for. They pay for 89% of the premiums of our benefits. They treat me the best I’ve ever been treated as a female director in the automotive industry. I’m hoping like hell this company survives and I can work here till I retire.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

Home Depot. Packed

Person taking your money with gloves and a face filter touches everything. Including the face mask and then hands you your change

This shows that people will do what they are allowed to do. All this talk about staying home to save lives feels self congratulatory to me. As soon as they find a loophole, people do it. However, I do think that most people are following the spirit of the SIP/SAH.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

Home Depot. Packed

Yeah... and rules like Gov Whitmer put in place in MI just funnel people into more tightly compact spaces within the stores. Nonsensical.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I think this is all just a big push to get people to wash their damn selves

How do we not know that those dying are palm lickers?
Or the ones you see using the restroom and going from the can to the trough without washing their hands?

I have made ZERO changes.
Still working. Travel all over the States for work and I’m not wearing a mask or gloves or not touching my face. Touch touch touch
But I do as I always have. I wash my hands and shower

I do however stay back from others. Partly out of respect and partly because I’ve always stayed back some. Many people are disgusting

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm not the expert, but tell me if this makes sense.

In the beginning, all we really knew were the vents and the deaths. those were hard numbers. Now as the testing (both kinds - infected/post) is ramping up we have a different set of numbers. Those numbers are increasing exponentially not specifically B/C of the virus increasing, but simply B/C we now have real testing/numbers we didn't have before. Therefore, the numbers people are still using the actual deaths as a yard stick to say things are better. The deaths are leveling off or decreasing even as the number of infected are increasing. IOW, the number of newly infected each week is probably leveling off or decreasing but B/C of the testing the numbers released show a huge increase.

Yes, thanks. It makes a lot of sense. :)

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
The link below is to an article on al.com, a website that focuses on news in the state of Alabama. It is basically the current iteration of what used to be the three largest largest newspapers in the state. The article is about the plan to reopen businesses and how some of the top restaurant owners in the state feel about having people in their restaurants again before testing and PPE’s are available to protect their employees and the public. To reiterate, this is in Alabama, one of, if not the most, conservative states in the country.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The economy was not closed B/C it wasn't safe. It was closed to 'flatten the curve' and keep our healthcare from being overwhelmed.

Mission accomplished. Now open things up. All those who feel unsafe can self isolate.

The states are moving quickly with the plans to open, because I think they know the jails can't hold all the American's who value their freedom, and will soon show it en masse.
Whereas I agree things need to start opening again we shouldn’t be naive to think just because the curve flattened it will stay that way. If the masses do not take precautions we will be right back where we started.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Whereas I agree things need to start opening again we shouldn’t be naive to think just because the curve flattened it will stay that way. If the masses do not take precautions we will be right back where we started.

I'd think even worse, since the virus is more widespread than it was a month ago. People congregating will bring it to the group from various locations. Those exposed will return to their homes and infect others there who weren't exposed previously. It doesn't bode well.

Dave

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Protesters in Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah, Wyoming, New York and Virginia.

This is just the beginning.
Civil unrest is a by product of the mitigation. Just imagine if many more had gotten sick and the medical system could not handle the virus or any other medical issues. The protests would be too.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The link below is to an article on al.com, a website that focuses on news in the state of Alabama. It is basically the current iteration of what used to be the three largest largest newspapers in the state. The article is about the plan to reopen businesses and how some of the top restaurant owners in the state feel about having people in their restaurants again before testing and PPE’s are available to protect their employees and the public. To reiterate, this is in Alabama, one of, if not the most, conservative states in the country.

Thanks for posting this article. I am with the restaurant owners. Even if the government said I could re-open my office, I would not do so. My employees are not comfortable working in the office. Some have kids and the kids can‘t go to school so they need to stay home with the kids. If an employee or client got sick due to covid, it would just mean we need to shut down again. I am someone who is in favor of re-opening the economy ASAP yet I would not re-open my office if it is allowed. I would be cautious myself and wait and see when it is safe to re-open. To me, this is just good business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.