• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to sell Timeshare in Las Vegss

stacimead8100

Reaction score
We have a bi-annual timeshare rental in Las Vegas, week 26. It’s paid off, and we need to sell just to be rid of the annual fees for something we do not use (4 children and 4 pets are just not conducive to travel). I am a new member, I just want some advise on where and how I can do this as painlessly as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The most painless way is to call the Resort or the Developer if it a Corporate operation like Marriott, HGVC or the like and see if they will take it back. Even if there is a small fee to do this, it is quick and certain. Sometimes you can get lucky and there is no harm in asking...

George

stacimead8100

Reaction score
I called the resort group a few years back and they would not discuss buying it back. They were very unhelpful with anything.

I’ve read the thread done some research on pricing and the week we have runs for about $330-$350 per night, so I thought about listing it at $1200 since it’s bi-annually. I’m more concerned about what I should have in order to list It. We have the title, the fees will be paid, it does not come with an RCI membership or anything. Should I be doing anything else before I list it?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a liability for you, and chances are pretty good that this week is worth little or nothing on the resale market.

With that said, do consider just giving it away to be done with it before you next maintenance fee is due; maybe January 1, 2021..?

TUG does have a section where you can give your week away should you decide to go that route.

Once you find a buyer, consider going to www.LTTransfers.com and let them handle the title transfer for you. LT Transfer is very well thought of here on TUG and they are good at what they do.

Best of luck!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I hate to tell you this, but especially in today's economy, your timeshare (like most timeshares) has zero reslae value. Las Vegas is way over-built with timeshares (over 50 in the area) so there is no market for re-sales. Your best bet is to give it away and even that may be difficult. Start Here: How can I give my timeshare away on TUG?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the resort group a few years back and they would not discuss buying it back. They were very unhelpful with anything.

A few years back is a long time ago. I suspect today's answer might be the same but you never know. I remember a number of years ago I owned a Week at a resort in Ruidoso, NM. Although I kept using it I would call every 2-3 months to see if they would do a Deed Back. This went on for 18, maybe 24 months. The answer was always "No" but eventually I got a "Yes". Who knows but maybe they had a buyer sitting in the wings. My point is that it is worth a phone call or two. You just never know...

George

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
What DeniseM says is true in almost all cases. There are some exceptions, notably Hilton or Marriott premier weeks, but that is going to be the rare situation.

Your best bet is to look at completed eBay sales for your exact timeshare. I think you might be surprised how low those sold prices are going to be. With some timeshares, the value is not only free but some require the seller to pay for closing and maybe even adding an additional perk, such as use of a free week or a gift card. Without knowing exactly what you own I would say that $1200 may not realistic. You could also search the giveaway forum here on TUG to see if your timeshare is listed and if so what prices.

Giving it away or “selling” it is easier than you may believe. Find a taker and have LT Transfers (just one recommended closing company on TUG) handle all the paperwork for a nominal fee.

Finally, you may see some timeshares listed on certain websites for thousands of dollars. These are unrealistic prices and these timeshares never sell.

Good luck!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
We have a bi-annual timeshare rental in Las Vegas, week 26. It’s paid off, and we need to sell just to be rid of the annual fees for something we do not use (4 children and 4 pets are just not conducive to travel). I am a new member, I just want some advise on where and how I can do this as painlessly as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to get some sort of idea of what it is worth I'd suggest checking the asking price on (1) ebay, (2) Tug2.com market place and (3) redweek.com. But disregard the higher prices because if a buyer has a choice they won't pick the higher priced one.

You may also want to share the name of resort group where you own. Perhaps some Tugger may have some ideas on deedbacks, non-judicial anti-deficiency states, etc.