• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mid August update (downtime *early* Wednesday night)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It always shows up as available for booking - this is NOT a deposit situation. If it is correct then it is a change.
If it’s a change, then it sounds like it’s a corrective change. My RCI account displays differently because non-VIPs in RCI can’t book first (we have to deposit first). But if RCI shows the Wyndham points in Wyndham you have available for booking in RCI at the current moment, then if you have a July use year the 2022-23 Wyndham points are not yet available for booking in RCI. (Although you never answered whether you have a July use year; if you don’t, my explanation doesn’t apply.)

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is NOT a deposit situation

I'm just guessing here - is it possible you are seeing a newly-implemented inability to do
"RCI Instant Search & Book" with resale Wyndham points? As @paxsarah said, non-VIP
owners have always had to deposit in advance of booking with RCI. So maybe the new
separation of resale&developer only allows "Instant" booking on the developer portion?

Some terms defined here:
https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/club-benefits/vip-by-wyndham

VacayKat

Reaction score
If it’s a change, then it sounds like it’s a corrective change. My RCI account displays differently because non-VIPs in RCI can’t book first (we have to deposit first). But if RCI shows the Wyndham points in Wyndham you have available for booking in RCI at the current moment, then if you have a July use year the 2022-23 Wyndham points are not yet available for booking in RCI. (Although you never answered whether you have a July use year; if you don’t, my explanation doesn’t apply.)
The way it used to show was for those years I would see the points associated with that year plus any deposits. Why show me future years all split out if they are all the same? Doesn’t make any sense. To be fair I’m not really worried about RCI because I think the fees to use are extremely high, but again - just not sure why they’d implement something so confusing without at least a video about the change.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's not wrong - it's just different.
It’s apparently wrong, based on tonight’s webinar (which was geared towards all owners other than VIP+resale). In addition to Vanity specifying that there would be no changes to the number of housekeeping credits or reservation transactions an owner would receive, it was also on screen.
4C87EA93-018B-4AC4-BF15-EC21DCCA92F6.png

It sounds like Wyndham never intended for any changes to affect non-VIP hybrid owners.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
So far I haven’t seen any evidence that Wyndham actually considers whether there could be unintentional consequences to the changes they make. They otherwise have a decent product.

VacayKat

Reaction score
It’s apparently wrong, based on tonight’s webinar (which was geared towards all owners other than VIP+resale). In addition to Vanity specifying that there would be no changes to the number of housekeeping credits or reservation transactions an owner would receive, it was also on screen.
View attachment 38926
It sounds like Wyndham never intended for any changes to affect non-VIP hybrid owners.
That worries me because for VIP, the underlying count of points for ownership should give the base # of HK and reservation transactions and then VIP would add on top the number associated with the vip level if not unlimited for the developer points. Basically Wyndham by splitting before doing those calculations has done what they say they did not intend to do. @HitchHiker71 can you bring the error to your contacts from this perspective?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
View attachment 38926
That is interesting to know. If they count up my RTs with the Developer points and resale point separated then I will loose 1 RT. Which it not a huge deal since it only costs $19.00. Much bigger deal for a small Non-VIP hybrid owner that goes from 3 to 2 HKs and has to purchase one for $159.00.

Edited to add: That person that reported calling owner care to report the loss of 1 HK and was told that’s the way the new system works should call back and ask again.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
@HitchHiker71 I think there may be a bug on non-calendar use years wrt VIP RARP. My UY is Oct-Sep and 100% retail. There is no line for VIP RARP even though I am temp VIPP, permanent VIPG (grandfathered).

Is this reported issue still occurring even after the outage window last week?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
FYI, cancelled a reservation to book another one, and the RT was free. We own all resale.

That is because online there are no RT fees for the remainder of August.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
One more item for your list, @HitchHiker71 - I tried to check out the functionality for the points deposit feature to see if the numbers there match what I believe mine should be for resale and developer and it shows 0 developer points available to deposit. I am VIPG with a January/December use year and have 93,322 points available, of which 26,623 should be developer points based on the allocations they are showing in the system. When I select resale points as the source it indicates that I cannot deposit because it's past the deadline despite the specific allowance for that for the remainder of the year. When I select "All Purchase Types" it spins for a little bit and kicks me back to the original page without doing anything.

Might be that the system isn't ready for prime time yet, though they indicated it was on line in their email. Or it might be a problem in the implementation. I had not intended to actually execute the deposit yet, but wanted to see what it thought my allocations were - I've got one of those weird display situations where it's showing current year in the points summary as being a bonus contract one that ran 10/1/2019-9/30/2021 and have been needing to rely on the display of current year points in the upper right hand corner and the dashboard to see what my remaining points for 1/1/2021-12/31/2021.

How are we looking for the PDF functions at present? I see zero for either developer/resale for my current use year when selecting the PDF function - not sure if that's correct or not as I still have CUY developer points available - but they could be PIC points or previously forwarded points - difficult to tell really. Just bringing this back to current day to see if we still need to document a bug for this item or not.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
My point allocations were changed for existing reservations this afternoon as well. This effects a couple of reservations I'm very likely to cancel for this year due to travel conditions, resulting in a net of about 110K that will no longer return as developer points, but instead as resale points. This might all come out in the wash depending on how they allocate the complimentary VIP-eligible points for next use year, but it's fairly predictable that the folks they are doing this to are the types of folks that will check this things when they first get the chance to. I'm not planning on doing anything to the reservations I've got until things sort themselves out and will reserve judgement until the complimentary points show up, but must admit that I'm a bit annoyed with them right now. Given the functionality (or lack thereof) of the site, I don't believe I can get accurate information from it anyway since the transaction details in the benefits summary page do not match the transaction details in the points summary page - that would be another item for feedback, @HitchHiker71, those numbers should match if they are really drawing from the same underlying back end databases. It's a bit more annoying because I did what I could to figure out where things stood when the site came up initially, and the information on the two pages matched, but the latest changes have resulted in them not matching. It's not that I don't fundamentally trust them ( :rolleyes: ), but this whole bunch of shenanigans with the system and the poor communications on what the rules really are have resulted in serious straining of what little trust I had left. I still don't think it will change my usage in any major way in the long run, but they do give the impression that they really need to get their collective act together.

Are you still seeing discrepancies between the Tx history items between the Points Summary and the Benefits Summary? If so - could you please provide screenshots as an example?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
How are we looking for the PDF functions at present? I see zero for either developer/resale for my current use year when selecting the PDF function - not sure if that's correct or not as I still have CUY developer points available - but they could be PIC points or previously forwarded points - difficult to tell really. Just bringing this back to current day to see if we still need to document a bug for this item or not.

Bot sure; I got Owner Resolution to move the points for me and they had to work around the issue.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Item tracking sheet screenshots for reference to date. In some cases the submit date is not accurate since many issues were initially submitted directly via email and not via this sheet - simply in the interests of timing and convenience - the submit date is specific to when the item was recorded into the sheet itself. Please let me know if anyone has questions.

1629841163174.png

1629841203098.png

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you still seeing discrepancies between the Tx history items between the Points Summary and the Benefits Summary? If so - could you please provide screenshots as an example?

When I try to deposit points to next year it states my resale points are only allowed in the first three months... I thought it was allowed till the end of year... Will Owner care over ride this...

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding the blank screen on the benefits summary, are there any resale-only owners who don’t have a blank screen? Are there any developer owners who do have a blank screen?

I thought the pattern is it was resale-only owners.

EDIT: I double checked the thread and there were three of us reporting it, all resale-only (me, @Ty1on, and @scootr5).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
When I try to deposit points to next year it states my resale points are only allowed in the first three months... I thought it was allowed till the end of year... Will Owner care over ride this...

I would call into OC and have them process the points deposit - and specifically state that you attempted to use the website and it would not allow for PDF for resale points. Hopefully that might result in a freebie. ;)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Regarding the blank screen on the benefits summary, are there any resale-only owners who don’t have a blank screen? Are there any developer owners who do have a blank screen?

I thought the pattern is it was resale-only owners.

EDIT: I double checked the thread and there were three of us reporting it, all resale-only (me, @Ty1on, and @scootr5).
I realized I didn't tag @HitchHiker71 in this original post so he may have missed it. This is regarding the bug at item #8 on the spreadsheet.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I realized I didn't tag @HitchHiker71 in this original post so he may have missed it. This is regarding the bug at item #8 on the spreadsheet.

I will modify the description to indicate that the owners reporting this issue - to date and in our limited understanding - are resale only owners. We are referencing a specific IT trouble ticket number in that response - which is what Wyndham really needs to further troubleshoot the reported issue - the ticket number is blanked out in the screenshot to protect the original reporting owner reference.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Is this reported issue still occurring even after the outage window last week?

Yes, this is still an issue. I think this predates the recent changes and I believe it has something to do with a Use Year of Oct-Sep. I do not have any resale contracts. I have never been able to book at 11 month RARP without calling (and have never used the 11 month RARP therefor). The Benefits Summary page highlighted the issue for me as I expected to see VIP RARP on that page and did not. I do see a CWP RARP category but that is due to 1 of my contracts having RARP at The Avenue.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
All 3 of my accounts are resale and its a blank screen.
You mean like the expression on your face when you fart in an elevator?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yes, this is still an issue. I think this predates the recent changes and I believe it has something to do with a Use Year of Oct-Sep. I do not have any resale contracts. I have never been able to book at 11 month RARP without calling (and have never used the 11 month RARP therefor). The Benefits Summary page highlighted the issue for me as I expected to see VIP RARP on that page and did not. I do see a CWP RARP category but that is due to 1 of my contracts having RARP at The Avenue.

It does sound like you're not seeing what you would expect to see on the Benefits Summary page - so I'll still capture this issue into our current sheet since it is Benefits Summary related.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One thing that they said during the general webinar on the benefits summary (not geared toward the specific issues of hybrid VIPs, but the general population of owners), is that in the introduction, when she specified which two types of owners the webinar was geared toward, she said it was for owners who have only developer points, and non-VIP owners who have some developer points and some purchased from a friend (where “friend” is a euphemism for resale). One thing she specifically did not say was owners who own only resale. I understand they probably don’t want to acknowledge to the general owner population that there are owners who never purchased from Wyndham and only own resale, but it’s very interesting in light of the fact that resale owners now don’t seem to have access to the benefits summary. It’s probably a coincidence, but still kind of funny.