• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mid August update (downtime *early* Wednesday night)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Mine is doing something funky now... it shows "current use year as 10/2018-9/2019 and 0 points on the "Benefits Summary" page.

When I use the drop down to select "future use year", and show my current UY of 10/2020-9/2021, it shows all points available.

On the "points summary" page, it looks correct.

Anyone else seeing that?

Mine did that from the outset. Hasn’t changed since the changes were rolled out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The rules are written down in plain English. The programming has to support those rules, not the other way around. The new rules as written for VIPs who own resale points are written for VIPs, not non-VIPs. The only written rule for non-VIPs hasn't changed. So they either need to rewrite the rules if that's what they intended to do, or fix the programming to support the rules.

Sorry poor choice of words. I meant the same logic must apply to all accounts - the rules as you said are clearly defined in the member directory. No word back yet on the reported issue.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I do not see RARP - my outrigger is still broken too. And they miscoded my accounts - so unlike a lucky resale owner here, I have fewer VIP points than I should have.
I think there are a lot of accounts that were never fully implemented properly and all the ‘updates’ are showing the problems now.

Agreed - the additional transparency is showing more data integrity issues without a doubt.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
It was never displayed anywhere before but it is something that others are seeing on the new Benefits Summary page. I have not used my RARPs before either, partly because you needed to call in to use them. But with these changes I'm wondering if they will work online. I'm also starting to think I should start using these RARP transactions.

You could use RARP online before - I did both last year and this year - you just cannot easily tell that you’re using RARP unless you know what you’re looking for specifically.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Understood. Susan in OC has opened a ticket.

If she gave you a trouble ticket number - feel free to PM me the ticket number and I can try to get someone to look at it sooner rather than later.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
It was never displayed anywhere before but it is something that others are seeing on the new Benefits Summary page. I have not used my RARPs before either, partly because you needed to call in to use them. But with these changes I'm wondering if they will work online. I'm also starting to think I should start using these RARP transactions.
As Eric and Hitchiker have said you could use RARP online before but you could not see how many were left. In fact you could accidentally use them by randomly making a reservation 11 months out .. inventory shows up as available and it doesnt tell you you are about to use it.

My RARP shows in Benefits Summary only in the1/2021 - 12/2021 use year. Doesn’t tell me I have 4 more for 2022 yet. And transaction history is incomplete in showing me where I used up all 4 of them (some uses and one credit do show up).

Weirdly, a RARP used this year for a reservation for 2022 shows up in the 2021 transaction history while the points used for that same reservation are of course in the 2022 trans history. So they tied the 4 RARP per year to the year the transactionis executed rather than the target year of your stay. That may be the way the rule is worded but it seems illogical and confusing to me.

its far better than the year Voyager first came out ..neither we nor owner care could use RARP at all ..service tickets were entered and pending and phone calls were made all the 11th month .. we were on pins and needles hoping our big Hawaiian extended family vaca could be booked. Finally when 10 month day arrived we were able to reserve what we needed in Standard Reservation Period afterall.

Last edited:

troy12n

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about what is obviously some sort of display error. On the main points page, my points are accurate, and my reservations are still there.

VacayKat

Reaction score
The one thing about RARP that made me nuts was how there wasn’t a list of resorts that you could use it at online, had to get out the directory to look it up.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
If she gave you a trouble ticket number - feel free to PM me the ticket number and I can try to get someone to look at it sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately I didn't think to ask for the number until after I had hung up...

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I did my own audit today of reservations after requesting an audit last Friday. I found 3 cases where the reservation shows resale while the underlying transactions show developer. I called back to the dedicated line and shared my findings. The OC took screen shots where she was seeing the exact things I saw. I’m guessing that I’m not the only Hybrid account with the Resale/Developer inconsistency. If I count those 3 reservations as Developer, my resale account balance looks correct.

Thanks for sharing this information. I need to do the same manual audit for my own account as I believe I've seen a few discrepancies when skimming my Tx history along this line. I'm assuming your steps are to view the details of the reservation and compared that against the Tx history entry yes?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Thanks for sharing this information. I need to do the same manual audit for my own account as I believe I've seen a few discrepancies when skimming my Tx history along this line. I'm assuming your steps are to view the details of the reservation and compared that against the Tx history entry yes?
I looked at the actual future reservations where it says developer or resale. I put points in the appropriate column (dev is always listed first) and found the totals for resale exceeded my annual allotment. I then went into transactions and reviewed the actual transactions. The transactions related to some of those noted as resale were actually showing as developer. OC saw the exact same discrepancy.

Once I saw the issue, I re-added the resale points based on transaction detail and everything balanced.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Once I saw the issue, I re-added the resale points based on transaction detail and everything balanced.

Does it balance correctly on your Benefits/Points summary as well? Or the reported balances that Wyndham is indicating were wrong? I'm asking because I need to determine how to phrase the reported issue for our tracking sheet.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
"YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from August 17 at 10 p.m. EST - August 18 at 6 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience."

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
"YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from August 17 at 10 p.m. EST - August 18 at 6 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience."

That's a good thing - they've recognized there's quite a bit of cleanup and bug fixes that need to occur and are taking steps. Let's see what the result is on Friday morning. ;)

VacayKat

Reaction score
Lo
That's a good thing - they've recognized there's quite a bit of cleanup and bug fixes that need to occur and are taking steps. Let's see what the result is on Friday morning. ;)
Lol, hope we can see what the result is on Wednesday :)
This is par for the course - they do an update and then do 3-4 ‘maintenance’ downtimes to fix the upgrade. It’s the Wyndham way!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Lo

Lol, hope we can see what the result is on Wednesday :)
This is par for the course - they do an update and then do 3-4 ‘maintenance’ downtimes to fix the upgrade. It’s the Wyndham way!

Sorry - I'm all mixed up today and multi-tasking way too much. Tonight it is. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. ;)

VacayKat

Reaction score
Sorry - I'm all mixed up today and multi-tasking way too much. Tonight it is. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. ;)
All good - I am in Hawaii so I no longer have any sense of time.

One thing I was wondering about asking - since wyndham said all decisions are final AND they took all the reservation transactions for the resale points - any changes will result in fees. Can we ask Wyndham to return some of the transactions to folks as goodwill? Or extend free transactions through Sept when we know all their changes will be permanent? I for one am not making any changes until I hear from someone they won’t be poking around on the backend any more and things are actually final (because even though they said the changes were final, they made changes to them.)

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It says I have 0 resale points left to use. My concern was on cancels. If I cancel a reservation, where will the points go? They should follow the Tx history, but who knows what will happen. I’m sitting on the 3 suspect reservations since I have no immediate need to cancel. That said, one will be getting cancelled at some point.

VacayKat

Reaction score
New bug: attempted to make a reservation with developer points. At upgrade selected ‘no preference’ and the transaction hung. Finally realized that there were no larger suites and selected better view and the transaction completed. This needs to be fixed.

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
No points refunded for a cancellation. Today I cancelled a 200K point reservation that was categorized as "resale". After I cancelled the reservation neither my developer or resale point balances changed. I didn't ever get a house keeping credit back. I called Wyndham and after waiting on hold spoke to a representative that simply saw the same thing I did. A cancellation with no refund of the points. He put me on hold again to speak to a supervisor. I got my hopes up that would mean someone who could do more than just agree with me. Nope...the supervisor said maybe there is a delay in the system and I should call back tomorrow. Before I did the cancellation I also booked a room using developer points. Those points were taken out of my balance immediately. Anyone else having problems getting points refunded after doing a cancellation?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone else having problems getting points refunded after doing a cancellation?
I cancelled a reservation that was a Resale/Development combo and all points went to the correct buckets. Have not cancelled a total resale reservation, yet.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
No points refunded for a cancellation. Today I cancelled a 200K point reservation that was categorized as "resale". After I cancelled the reservation neither my developer or resale point balances changed. I didn't ever get a house keeping credit back. I called Wyndham and after waiting on hold spoke to a representative that simply saw the same thing I did. A cancellation with no refund of the points. He put me on hold again to speak to a supervisor. I got my hopes up that would mean someone who could do more than just agree with me. Nope...the supervisor said maybe there is a delay in the system and I should call back tomorrow. Before I did the cancellation I also booked a room using developer points. Those points were taken out of my balance immediately. Anyone else having problems getting points refunded after doing a cancellation?

Until you receive the confirmation email indicating the transaction has completed - the transaction actually hasn’t completed IME. I’ve occasionally seen delays between the online cancellation and the email confirmation before the points actually returned to my account. In a couple of cases it took several hours, not sure why.

VacayKat

Reaction score
I recommend everyone check their RCI accounts. Mine have been messed up and are only showing current use year wyndham points as available for all booking periods. In other words in 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 booking periods I only have the few points from 2021-2022 that I have not used as available, not the amount that is allotted for 2022-2023 that I have yet to use any of.
@HitchHiker71 can you add this to your list of questions/concerns to be addressed?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I recommend everyone check their RCI accounts. Mine have been messed up and are only showing current use year wyndham points as available for all booking periods. In other words in 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 booking periods I only have the few points from 2021-2022 that I have not used as available, not the amount that is allotted for 2022-2023 that I have yet to use any of.
@HitchHiker71 can you add this to your list of questions/concerns to be addressed?
What’s your use year? Points are only eligible to be deposited to RCI 10 months prior to the start of the use year, so if your use year is June, you wouldn't be able to deposit 2022-23 points to RCI until September 1.

VacayKat

Reaction score
What’s your use year? Points are only eligible to be deposited to RCI 10 months prior to the start of the use year, so if your use year is June, you wouldn't be able to deposit 2022-23 points to RCI until September 1.
It always shows up as available for booking - this is NOT a deposit situation. If it is correct then it is a change.