• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mid August update (downtime *early* Wednesday night)

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this it? Wahoo!

YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from August 11 at 9 p.m. EST - August 12 at 6 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Is this it? Wahoo!

YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from August 11 at 9 p.m. EST - August 12 at 6 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience.

That’s a nine hour window - so it’s a good bet. I’ll validate with my Wyndham IT contacts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mega renters gonna be taking a quick vacay...
Mega renters will adapt to new policy and this will only shake out the weak hands. What will create the most availability is the elimination of resale points with VIP discounts.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham probably put a lot of time into this revision. I hope this launch goes smoothly. I'm looking forward to the new bells and whistles.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Team,

The feedback I received from the Wyndham DT team indicates tonight’s release will implement the rules enforcements for VIP/resale points usage, the details of which were sent in an email to the impacted ownership base as we all know. So it does appear tonight is the big night. What I don't know for certain is if tonight's changes also include the granting of complimentary points - I followed up with this ask subsequently but may not hear anything back as they are quite busy prepping for these rather significant changes and having to be up all night during the rollout process.

There are also a few other changes in scope in this sprint release as follows:
  1. Various improvements on the Explore Resorts page to improve search/filter efficiency.
  2. Resort phone numbers wiill be added to all resort detail pages.
  3. Cleaned up ADA (accessible rooms) booking inventory to be more accurate

There's an ask to provide feedback if we run into any snags once the site comes up tomorrow morning - both via the website feedback mechanism as usual - and anything we can share here that I can get right in front of the DT team directly provided it's something that has a broad impact to affected VIP owners.

Last edited:

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Team,

The feedback I received from the Wyndham DT team indicates tonight’s release will implement the rules enforcements for VIP/resale points usage, the details of which were sent in an email to the impacted ownership base as we all know. So it does appear tonight is the big night. What I don't know for certain is if tonight's changes also include the granting of complimentary points - I followed up with this ask subsequently but may not hear anything back as they are quite busy prepping for these rather significant changes and having to be up all night during the rollout process.

There are also a few other changes in scope in this sprint release as follows:
  1. Various improvements on the Explore Resorts page to improve search/filter efficiency.
  2. Resort phone numbers wiill be added to all resort detail pages.
  3. Cleaned up ADA (accessible rooms) booking inventory to be more accurate

There's an ask to provide feedback if we run into any snags once the site comes up tomorrow morning - both via the website feedback mechanism as usual - and anything we can share here that I can get right in front of the DT team directly provided it's something that has a broad impact to affected VIP owners.

Probably been explained well before.. but what is the complementary points?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I was just coming to post if anyone had an update on when, but I now see the warning on the website. Didn't notice it earlier in the day, but then again I didn't look at that screen very hard.

But screen shots of all ressies, and of all current point balances. See what happens tomorrow. Figures I am busy in the morning and going on vacation on Saturday. So it if is screwed up it will just have to wait.

Is the transaction history acting strange for people? I can't get my 2022 bookings to show correctly.

Last edited:

VacayKat

Reaction score
Thanks... I just don't know why they would need to give complimetary points? Maybe I am missing something...
Goodwill - they don’t have to, just know they are irritating folks who are collateral damage to their true intent.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Thanks... I just don't know why they would need to give complimetary points? Maybe I am missing something...

If you had already booked reservations that got VIP benefits but you used resale points, that would with the new system no longer actually qualify, I think they are using complimentary points for those adjustments, so that accounts have the same balance for EXISTING reservations, despite the rule change mid year. Going forward rules will apply but retro they might be willing to make some adjustments. That is just my guess.

VacayKat

Reaction score
If you had already booked reservations that got VIP benefits but you used resale points, that would with the new system no longer actually qualify, I think they are using complimentary points for those adjustments, so that accounts have the same balance for EXISTING reservations, despite the rule change mid year. Going forward rules will apply but retro they might be willing to make some adjustments. That is just my guess.
My understanding is the points will be in the following use year not the one they adjust. But as with all things Wyndham, nothing is as clear as it seems.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
My understanding is the points will be in the following use year not the one they adjust. But as with all things Wyndham, nothing is as clear as it seems.

The statement on the webpage clearly says the complimentary points will be deposited in the future use year IIRC. The site is down now so I can’t check firsthand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It's up now; all my reservations survived. Points summary page reflects 10 GC for VIPG and 2 GC for resale, unlimited transactions for VIPG and 3 for resale, and unlimited housekeeping. The unlimited housekeeping without a breakout for resale is a bit unexpected, but seems to be limited to this year. Housekeeping seems to be broken out properly for future use years between unlimited VIP and by points as expected for my resale ownership.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
My benefits summary page shows nothing. Obviously it’s not critical (non-VIP, resale only), but how will I ever be able to track how many rental points I’ve used??

I’ll try on my laptop later when I’m able to. This was on my phone with Chrome and Safari.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I don't see any evidence that they've even tried to separate out resale/developer points used in my past transactions. I also did not get any complimentary points for the future use year. Might be that they haven't done the audit process yet.

One oddity, @HitchHiker71, is that the benefits summary page lists the limitations on housekeeping that would apply had I not been a VIP prior to last year's system update rather than unlimited. The points summary page for the future years shows unlimited for developer and the proper numbers I expected for resale. This leads me to question whether it is tracking the number of housekeeping credits used and would flag a need to buy additional ones if I exceed the allocation.

Second oddity is that it shows a limitation of rental points to the number of developer points I own rather than having a breakout that allows rental up to my owned resale points, which is how I would read the guidelines in the directory on page 249. Not a big deal for me because I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to do that, but it is implemented improperly - IMHO if you rent points to complete a VIP reservation they should come out of the developer rental allocation, for a reservation that includes any resale points, it should be possible to rent from the resale rental allocation first, then the developer rental allocation. This isn't directly addressed in the rulesets they provided, so is just my extrapolation of what the underlying policies seem to be.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My benefits summary page shows nothing. Obviously it’s not critical (non-VIP, resale only), but how will I ever be able to track how many rental points I’ve used??

I’ll try on my laptop later when I’m able to. This was on my phone with Chrome and Safari.

It took a while to load for me using Safari on my Mac. One other nit to report, the default display for the benefits summary page is the earliest use year (really an agglomeration of use years) in my account, labeled as the current use year with all the subsequent use years labeled as future use years, including the actual current use year.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One other comment - the points summary page reflects that I have 1 of 1 remaining resale housekeeping credit in my next use year (1/1/22-12/31/22) although I've used all of my resale points in a reservation. I had thought that the housekeeping credits were decremented during the reservation process for folks without unlimited housekeeping and had therefore expected it to show 0 of 1 remaining resale housekeeping credits for that year. That's part of why I said it doesn't appear that they've done any auditing and allocation of points used in existing reservations as developer/resale and are likely to leave them where they lie while applying the separation rules to future reservations, resulting in the housekeeping for the one reservation I had made using resale points for next year as covered by the unlimited housekeeping. That does make some sense based on what they said about leaving the application of VIP benefits that had already occurred. I don't think it will make any difference in my use for next year anyway.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

When you do get in and see your benefits summary, could you post whether or not it shows a rental point bucket? As I mentioned in my earlier post, the size of my rental point bucket matches the size of my developer bucket.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's up now; all my reservations survived. Points summary page reflects 10 GC for VIPG and 2 GC for resale, unlimited transactions for VIPG and 3 for resale, and unlimited housekeeping. The unlimited housekeeping without a breakout for resale is a bit unexpected, but seems to be limited to this year. Housekeeping seems to be broken out properly for future use years between unlimited VIP and by points as expected for my resale ownership.
At least the update didn't stop Wyndham EH from offering nonowner deals. Wonder why Wyndham doesn't allow a points rental/transfer between owners like Worldmark has?