• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
NEWEST UPDATE, 6/8/15 tweaks and additions

[Information updated; post deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
[Information updated; post deleted.]

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
what do you mean not for kids?

Hi,

We were at both NEO and Live Oak last August multiple times. We ate at Neo in April and August last year. NEO has a great lunch menu too. My boys 13 and 10 love the burgers. At Live Oak we went to the early bird a couple times in August. The kids menu, which mine rarely ever want to order from, they really enjoyed. The views are great. We took pictures and we used one of them in our annual family calendar which recaps the great things we did together the prior year and what trips we have coming up the current year to look forward too. Of course HHI makes it every year. We will be there the month of August and first week of September. I can't wait!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Hi,

We were at both NEO and Live Oak last August multiple times. We ate at Neo in April and August last year. NEO has a great lunch menu too. My boys 13 and 10 love the burgers. At Live Oak we went to the early bird a couple times in August. The kids menu, which mine rarely ever want to order from, they really enjoyed. The views are great. We took pictures and we used one of them in our annual family calendar which recaps the great things we did together the prior year and what trips we have coming up the current year to look forward too. Of course HHI makes it every year. We will be there the month of August and first week of September. I can't wait!

adjusted for your experience (I already had said Live Oak was "primarily adults, but OK for kids", but both might not exactly be "what a kid would ask for", even tho they have burgers, etc)....... "kids menu" needed to be added, tho. jmho.......thanks for input.

There's a scale for kid-friendly, and those might be slightly low as compared to some. I don't want people to load all the kids in the van and head to NEO for a blast of an evening, if you know what I mean....there are more fun places for kids. Glad to know of the kids menu. didn't notice. I'm trying.

Last edited:

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
understood and agree

There is a definite difference between those places and say wild wings for children. I reference this list all the time when we are looking for a new place and trying get out of the rut or tell people about HHI. Thanks for all your hard work!

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to One Hot Mama's in May....there were four of us. We all ordered the ribs. Three orders were good, but the ribs were somewhat overcharred. The fourth order was very fatty.... we should have sent it back.
As you said.... it is extremely casual.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We went to One Hot Mama's in May....there were four of us. We all ordered the ribs. Three orders were good, but the ribs were somewhat overcharred. The fourth order was very fatty.... we should have sent it back.
As you said.... it is extremely casual.

that place is so crazy busy, so popular, with such a huge and varied menu, that I sometimes wonder how they stay in business. I don't mean that in a bad way, but in that it has to be nearly impossible to serve that many people so quickly, day in & day out. Evening waits can be 1-2 hours.

We've eaten there many times, and we've never had anything approaching a bad meal, but I can see how stuff can get a bit overcooked or whatever. The cooks must be exhausted. That's the "problem" the owner is faced with----she happens to be quite a success story, if you've ever read about her....an amazing woman. Anyway, try them again sometime........it's not a gourmet restaurant or rated by Zagat, but it's really fun and has really good food. I have to be in the mood to have that much stimulation on occasion (it's a loud and fun crowd), but I like it a bunch. It's a sure change from my fine dining scene.

(P.S....now HERE'S a kid-friendly place!)

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
that place is so crazy busy, so popular, with such a huge and varied menu, that I sometimes wonder how they stay in business. I don't mean that in a bad way, but in that it has to be nearly impossible to serve that many people so quickly, day in & day out. Evening waits can be 1-2 hours.

We've eaten there many times, and we've never had anything approaching a bad meal, but I can see how stuff can get a bit overcooked or whatever. The cooks must be exhausted. That's the "problem" the owner is faced with----she happens to be quite a success story, if you've ever read about her....an amazing woman. Anyway, try them again sometime........it's not a gourmet restaurant or rated by Zagat, but it's really fun and has really good food. I have to be in the mood to have that much stimulation on occasion (it's a loud and fun crowd), but I like it a bunch. It's a sure change from my fine dining scene.

(P.S....now HERE'S a kid-friendly place!)

We were there fairly early.....around 5 pm on a weekday, so no wait. The bartender actually waited on us because they were short of help.
I have indeed read about Mama and that is one of the reasons I wanted to try her recipes. The BBQ sauce was very good, but I do think the kitchen was lacking in either help or training. She also had children helping to set the tables and hostessing.... I'm assuming it was family members. It was nice to see responsibilities being handed down. :)

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also ate at Annie O's, Low Country Backyard, Skull Creek Boathouse, Flora's, and the Sage Room - twice. All was good and the Sage Room exceptional.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We just spent two weeks on the island and didn't venture out to a single restaurant, so I'll throw in my recommendation for doing your own cooking at the resorts. :) It might sound strange but with our home lives so busy we don't often get to enjoy that leisurely experience, and vacation is the perfect time for us to do it.

Pick up fantastic beef/chicken cuts with fresh veggies and prepared sides at Fresh Market (on the right as you're heading to Sea Pines on 278, across from the Leamington entrance on the left) and seafood at Barnacle Bill's (also in that 278 stretch.)

Two favorites not on Marty's list are the Sea Grass Grille for dinner and Harold's Diner for breakfast.

And a note about Poseidon - the place was jam-packed every night and we heard it mentioned several times while on the beach and while cooking at the grills. That alone would help it to make Marty's list but the added bonus is that the public park is now open right there with a gorgeous sunset view over Broad Creek. I'll put up a few pictures sometime next week but if you're there don't miss the park even if you don't go for dinner - they've done a wonderful job with removing the old Shelter Cove Mall and taking the space for public use. It's going to be fantastic when it's completely finished with a longer boardwalk along the creek. (See Shelter Cove Towne Centre.) Maybe skip the dinner and go for chocolates and ice cream at Kilwin's.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We just spent two weeks on the island and didn't venture out to a single restaurant, so I'll throw in my recommendation for doing your own cooking at the resorts. :) It might sound strange but with our home lives so busy we don't often get to enjoy that leisurely experience, and vacation is the perfect time for us to do it.

Pick up fantastic beef/chicken cuts with fresh veggies and prepared sides at Fresh Market (on the right as you're heading to Sea Pines on 278, across from the Leamington entrance on the left) and seafood at Barnacle Bill's (also in that 278 stretch.)

Two favorites not on Marty's list are the Sea Grass Grille for dinner and Harold's Diner for breakfast.

And a note about Poseidon - the place was jam-packed every night and we heard it mentioned several times while on the beach and while cooking at the grills. That alone would help it to make Marty's list but the added bonus is that the public park is now open right there with a gorgeous sunset view over Broad Creek. I'll put up a few pictures sometime next week but if you're there don't miss the park even if you don't go for dinner - they've done a wonderful job with removing the old Shelter Cove Mall and taking the space for public use. It's going to be fantastic when it's completely finished with a longer boardwalk along the creek. (See Shelter Cove Towne Centre.) Maybe skip the dinner and go for chocolates and ice cream at Kilwin's.

Sea Grass Grille SHOULD be on there.......I had it on a draft a good while back but apparently never followed through. Probably deleted it. It's very popular and has good seafood items. It will be added asap, and thanks for saying so, Susan. It's next door to Santa Fe, and if I'm ever there in that plaza, SORRY but I'm PROBABLY going into Santa Fe....I have to be talked OUT of going into Santa Fe. We have eaten at SGG though, very nice.

Strange because Alfred's is also adjacent and it's rated VERY highly with locals and with critics. Has a small but loyal clientele...mostly German food, but supposedly excellent. See my problem.....too many places that are out there. Some have an extremely small niche, and maybe I'm not attuned to those. Tapas was one of those, and it's now closed.

Funny but I just had added a note about Poseidon's ROOFTOP BAR a moment before I read your post. Poseidon is gaining popularity as I suspected it would, but initially it had a "growing pains" problem as is the case with any modern start-up which looks like it's "always been there", so to speak. One day it wasn't there, the next day they opened with full crew going great guns. BUT it had early service problems and also had to tweak items. I feel it's getting there, and being a SERG Group member, it WILL work or it's gone. I say it'll be there. What's not to like about a rooftop bar?

OK, I'm on it.....will tweak things again while the EDIT button is alive. This is a large, ever-changing monster....like a huge gooey creature with a mind of its own.
I won't arbitrarily add every restaurant that people want me to, but if I already know great things about it, and it's a place I personally like a whole bunch, I will. And if unsure, gee, I'll just go there and see for myself. Tough job.

Last edited:

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We rode our bikes over to the park almost every day from Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe (spent a week at each in May). At the park, they did an exceptional job with a large picnic shelter and fountain overlooking the marsh. As I stated previously, Poseidon was busy every time we biked by and I understand they have country line dancing on Wednesdays, if anyone is so inclined. Kroger's is great for your groceries.... we found a lot of what we wanted was on special that week.
I can't imagine cooking every day while on vacation, but, like they say....different strokes. :)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We rode our bikes over to the park almost every day from Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe (spent a week at each in May). At the park, they did an exceptional job with a large picnic shelter and fountain overlooking the marsh. As I stated previously, Poseidon was busy every time we biked by and I understand they have country line dancing on Wednesdays, if anyone is so inclined. Kroger's is great for your groceries.... we found a lot of what we wanted was on special that week.
I can't imagine cooking every day while on vacation, but, like they say....different strokes. :)

FYI, Kroger has as good a wine department as I've ever run across in a grocery or retail wine shop, and the gentlemen who "work" in that department as advisors are phenomenal. Guy named Barry has lived in Europe and in California and has an extremely good knowledge of wines and the wine industry. Seems he and I tend to run to a lot of the same wines....wish I knew all he does.

Other guy is just as good. Both know their stuff! They have some really exceptional wines there for very good prices!!!!!----you won't see a collection or selection like this just anywhere. Basically if they don't have it, you don't want it.....well, inasmuch as a grocery superstore can do, anyway.......lots of really good wines in the $18-45 range, and some much more.....Caymus at $60 was awesome (for that special evening)

(Hey Ricci, I've got a couple of your ties! love em......LOL)

Last edited:

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, Kroger has the best wine department I've ever run across, and the gentlemen who "work' in that department as advisors are phenomenal. Guy named Barry has lived in Europe and in California and has an extremely good knowledge of wines and the wine industry. Seems he and I tend to run to a lot of the same wines....wish I knew all he does.

Other guy is just as good. Both know their stuff! They have some really exceptional wines there for good prices!!!!!----you won't find them just anywhere. Basically if they don't have it, you don't want it.....well, inasmuch as a grocery superstore can do, anyway.......lots of really good wines in the $18-45 range, and some much more.....Caymus at $60 was awesome (for that special evening)

(Hey Ricci, I've got a couple of your ties! love em......LOL)

Lol......I brought six bottles with me to HH and when I saw the Kroger selection, I purchased several more..... even a chocolate dessert wine. Their selection of merlots and reislings were fantastic!
By the way..... we didn't bring any home. :rolleyes: (Oh... we also bought two bottles at the Island Winery.)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Lol......I brought six bottles with me to HH and when I saw the Kroger selection, I purchased several more..... even a chocolate dessert wine. Their selection of merlots and reislings were fantastic!
By the way..... we didn't bring any home. :rolleyes: (Oh... we also bought two bottles at the Island Winery.)

a man who knows how to vacation..........

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
A new french bakery is just about ready for opening at the new Shelter Cove Towne Center, if anyone is there this summer and wants to comment about it? That's another food place we'll be more likely to frequent for take-home items rather than the typical restaurant experience.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carry-out Anyone?

As we plan for our first trip to Hilton Head in several years, this thread has been extremely helpful. Although we really enjoy eating out, as parents of the boomerang generation (adult children who keep coming back), our budgets are more limited. Since we are wine lovers, we also don't like paying $35 for a $6 bottle of wine at a restaurant, and don't want to get a DUI for splitting a bottle. Therefore, we often prefer to order carry-out from restaurants and eat our meals on our balconies overlooking great scenery. SueDonJ's suggestion regarding pre-prepared foods from Fresh Market is also very appealing.

Does anyone have suggestions for good carry-out options, especially for seafood or ethnic? Kroger's seems to be the place to buy our wine (JME and Ricci appear to be experts for this topic). We have found Bonefish to do a great job with carryout on Singer Island, so I assume they are one good for at least one night.

Note to JME and Ricci: Have you ever had wine from Ledson Vineyards in Sonoma? They only sell direct and have some excellent red wines and interesting varietals. We recently returned from Sonoma.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually the French bakery is a relocation; from Pineland over to Shelter Cove.

A new french bakery is just about ready for opening at the new Shelter Cove Towne Center, if anyone is there this summer and wants to comment about it? That's another food place we'll be more likely to frequent for take-home items rather than the typical restaurant experience.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are back from HHI, checked out Saturday from Barony - ate out for several meals.

Bullies BBQ: got takeout, reasonable price for family deal, pork and brisket we enjoyed most.

Marley's Island Grill: early bird special, we both enjoyed our meals. The pineapple upside down cake dessert was a little disappointing.

Red Fish: early bird special, including glass of wine. Good taste, though my salmon was slightly undercooked.

Skull Creek: Got there too late to get early bird special; fairly crowded and not as elegant atmosphere. Food just slightly better than average in my book.

Giuseppi's: Ordered online, pizza and salad for carryout. Not as cheap as some other pizza options such as Papa John's, but fairly tasty.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As we plan for our first trip to Hilton Head in several years, this thread has been extremely helpful. Although we really enjoy eating out, as parents of the boomerang generation (adult children who keep coming back), our budgets are more limited. Since we are wine lovers, we also don't like paying $35 for a $6 bottle of wine at a restaurant, and don't want to get a DUI for splitting a bottle. Therefore, we often prefer to order carry-out from restaurants and eat our meals on our balconies overlooking great scenery. SueDonJ's suggestion regarding pre-prepared foods from Fresh Market is also very appealing.

Does anyone have suggestions for good carry-out options, especially for seafood or ethnic? Kroger's seems to be the place to buy our wine (JME and Ricci appear to be experts for this topic). We have found Bonefish to do a great job with carryout on Singer Island, so I assume they are one good for at least one night.

Note to JME and Ricci: Have you ever had wine from Ledson Vineyards in Sonoma? They only sell direct and have some excellent red wines and interesting varietals. We recently returned from Sonoma.

I've been to well over 200 wineries across the US and Canada but have not had wine from Ledson. I'll put it on my list. :)

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
Thank you for the wonderful list! I'm going to be in HH next March for my niece's wedding, and will definitely try some of your recommendations. I'll be sure to report back. I was on HH two and a half years ago, and agree with your comments re: the Sea Shack and Red Fish. My challenge is to find really good non-seafood offerings as I am allergic to seafood, plus I'm a picky and not overly adventurous lol.

Last edited:

elgabito

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious other's thoughts on Hudson's on the Docks? We thought it was pretty good (@HHI right now - doing timeshare research after kids are in bed).

Had One Hot Mama's twice today (to-go for dinner). Menu was varied enough that it felt like two different places. Pricey, but good. Texans may be disappointed. If you get wings, get grilled, not fried.

Giuseppi's pizza (NOT pizza & pasta, different place) was a great take-out dinner.

Love mellow mushroom, but we have that back home.

DannyMc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Royal Palms, Orlando; Marriott's Grande Ocean, HHI; Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI;
MVC Trust Points
Two more for your Italian list

jme, if you are not familiar with Pomodori and Pazzo, you need to check them out. I would highly suggest both for your list of Italian restaurants.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

CONTINUED due to length.....

LUNCH and/or DINNER:

A Low Country Backyard....One of my favorite spots, great "down home" Southern menu...
Awesome cafe, great service.
A top-rated spot on the island, well-deserved. Inside & outside dining.
http://www.hhbackyard.com/

Truffles......only 1 location now in Sea Pines (Pope Ave location closed). Cozy. Varied menu,
with made-from-scratch items, all wonderful, a locals' favorite.
Love the chicken pot pie, mango iced tea.
http://www.trufflescafe.com/

Main Street Cafe & Pub...very very popular cafe with locals,
great varied menu. also Sunday brunch. A must-try.
http://www.hiltonheadcafe.com/
menu....http://www.hiltonheadcafe.com/menu/

British Open Pub....lots of specialty items on menu ( some UK-inspired), all very good.
Small but fun and cozy.
http://www.britishopenpubhhi.com/

Harbour Town Bakery & Cafe (lunch only) Good sandwiches, salad,etc. in Harbour Town. Located on right upon entering Lighthouse parking area, just short of Marriott Harbour Club. Small cottage, inside or front porch.
https://www.seapines.com/dining/the-harbour-town-bakery.aspx

The Cottage Cafe, Bakery, & Tea Room......actually for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Located off the island a couple miles past the outlet malls in Old Town Bluffton. Amazing little restaurant, quaint and charming as "Grandma's cottage", with exceptional food and a most varied menu. A true locals' favorite, not touristy at all. Great gumbo, great wines, great desserts. A must! Probably best for adults, but kids can find something there too. Porch dining or inside, very romantic, especially at night. Browse adjacent shops and boutiques too. Charming town...see the historic church down the street, worth the visit.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-cottage-bluffton

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...iews-The_Cottage-Bluffton_South_Carolina.html

.................................................. .................................................. ....

ITALIAN:

Vine Bistro & Wine Bar***....need reservations way in advance (maybe before your trip).......
new hot spot, very fine dining, very expensive. Caters to locals & "regulars" (limits "tourist's" ability to make prime-time reservations---here's how > must call (863) 686-3900 and they return your call for reservations).....No official website. NOT for kids! Reports of a snobby attitude by owner and staff, can't confirm. Great food nonetheless.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/vine-hilton-head-island

Michael Anthony's Italian*...fine dining Italian... expensive, but excellent, see guide. Not for kids.
http://www.michael-anthonys.com/

Ombra Cucina Rustica*...fine dining Italian...sort of expensive, but excellent, see guide. Not for kids.
http://www.ombrahhi.com/

Giuseppi's..... SERG group. a long-standing favorite. casual, kid-friendly, great menu, great pizza....
try only the Shelter Cove location next to TJ Maxx.
(other location not owned by same people).
http://www.giuseppispizza.com/

Flora's Italian Cafe.....small family-owned Italian/European restaurant off Hwy 278, a favorite of locals, really good service, good food, reasonably priced. Cozy "Old-World" atmosphere, but casual.
Known for awesome desserts.
http://www.florasitaliancafe.com/

IL Carpaccio ..."Ristorante Italiano".
Moving to new location----look it up, good reviews.
http://www.ilcarpaccioofhiltonhead.com/

Carrabbas....one great franchise. OK for family. Consistently great, awesome menu. Located intersection of Hwy 278 & Mathews Drive at traffic light (between Port Royal and Surfwatch).
A chain while at the beach??? Well, yes, if you like good food.
https://www.carrabbas.com/menu/specials
.................................................. ..................................................

PIZZA:

Mellow Mushroom.....new building in renovated shopping plaza....next door to Marley's and
Harris Teeter Grocery Store, the most awesome fresh ingredient pizza, our personal favorite.
http://mellowmushroom.com/store/hilton-head

Giuseppi's at Shelter Cove (see above under "Italian")
next to TJ Maxx on Hwy 278, past new Kroger Town Center.

IL Carpaccio....Ristorante Italiano.Hwy 278, good reviews,
haven't tried yet.
http://www.ilcarpaccioofhiltonhead.com/

Fat Baby's Pizza and Subs.....on Arrow Rd, just past Target Rd intersection (within few blocks of 278/Palmetto BayRd/Greenwood/Pope traffic circle). highly rated. Haven't tried but good reviews.
http://www.fatbabyspizza.com/

Carrabbas (see above under "Italian")

New York City Pizza....popular, occasional mixed reviews but good, convenient location on Pope Avenue, a block from Coligny Traffic Circle. Quick but OK.
http://www.ilovenycp.com/
.................................................. .................................................. ...

BREAKFAST:

Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe...best by far, no comparison!!! Great menu, couple of daily specials.
Best service on island. Locals' favorite (and mine). This is how to run a restaurant!!!
Tables, 2 large booths, or counter. Inside/outside. Wait lines are common, but you move pretty fast.
http://palmettobaysunrisecafe.com/

Signe's....a locals' favorite, small cafe-like, not the usual "same-old" breakfast. Specialty dishes, delicious. On Arrow Road, approx midway from both ends, about where Archer Rd intersects.
https://www.signesbakery.com/Default.aspx

Southern Coney...typical non-fancy eat & run diner, but good/cheap/basic breakfast, good service. In shopping center of Wild Wing Cafe & Kenny B's, across from New York Pizza(Pope Ave)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/southern-con...on-head-island

Skillets...basic menu & breakfast, in Coligny Plaza...mediocre but OK.
http://www.skilletscafe.com/

Hilton Head Diner.......menus for all meals, but breakfast is best. Has large selection of breakfast items, all good...also good burgers. Open 24 hours. Anything and everything to eat.
http://www.hiltonheaddiner.com/

IHOP......(good ole "IHOP" chain, you know what you're getting here).....
hidden off corner of Mathews Drive & Hwy 278.
(note: Mathews Dr. hits Hwy 278 in two places -- the IHOP location is at the spot nearer the
off-island intersection, across from Steinmart, not the other intersection at Carrabbas)
.................................................. .................................................. ..............

for Ice Cream....take your pick from this long list:
http://happyboomernurse.hubpages.com/hub/Ice-Cream-Lovers-Guide-to-Hilton-Head-Island

but here are a few from that list:
1. back of Cinnamon Bear Country Store in Harbour Town, ice cream counter.....really good.
2. in South Beach at big seating area, great during evening outdoor entertainment.
3. Hilton Head Ice Cream, 55 New Orleans Road.
4. The Frozen Moo at Coligny Plaza
5. The Ice Cream Cone at Coligny Plaza...(nice booths and tables inside)

Thanks for updating and sharing this information.