• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
RE: Vine

Check out Trip Advisor reviews on Vine. criticism of the restaurant results in some of the rudest comments I have ever read posted by the Chef/Owner. Simply unbelievable!

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Ela's?

I just saw something about a Sunday jazz brunch at Ela's and wondered if i should put this on our list for our visit to Hilton Head during Spring break....

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Truffles on Executive / Pope has closed. The Sea Pines location is still open.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
[Information updated; post deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
[Information updated; post deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I will be there after 4th of july!! can't wait. I have not been in the area for more than 10 years.

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tapas closed. Tried 3/5. Must have just happened; website still up.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if Hilton Head Brewing closes too. Was there in August and while One Hot Mama's was packed, it was empty. I should have taken that as a sign but we tried it anyway. It was absolutely disgusting and one of the worst meals we have ever had. I forgot to add that they are right next door and pretty much share an outdoor waiting area.

On the other hand, One Hot Mamas the next night was terrific.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were very disappointed by Hilton Head Brewing the last time we went several years ago, and haven't been back.

Just a quick note: I have taken my young daughter to both RedFish and Old Fort Pub. As long as your child has a more mature palate and knows how to behave in a restaurant, I wouldn't worry about bringing a child. Now, a group of young kids who only eat chicken nuggets---yes, not the place for them. (My daughter will destroy steak, mussels, lobster, salmon.....she is not a cheap date, even being under 10! LOL!)

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I echo the comments here about Flora's. It was maybe the best meal of the week. Actually all but one were good during our trip but Flora's was great. So glad for the recommendation. Thanks!

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a great thread for first time visitors to the island and old visitors. Thanks!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the best day's and times to go The Skull Creek Boathouse for dinner?

Thanks for your cooperation

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Skull Creek about 630 mid week. We only had to wait about 20 minutes but it was early March. I'm sure it is way different in season.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Skull Creek about 630 mid week. We only had to wait about 20 minutes but it was early March. I'm sure it is way different in season.

Thanks for your great suggestion.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
What is the best day's and times to go The Skull Creek Boathouse for dinner?

Thanks for your cooperation

Regardless of when you plan on going, please allow the Marriott concierge (if you're staying at a Marriott) to call and get you a "call-ahead" seating, or you may still face an hour or two wait. One of the longest waits we ever had was a Monday night last January. High-season or not, it is usually starting to get very busy even at 6-6:30. That 20-min wait was an exception, so do the easy thing and get call-ahead.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will ask concierge at Surf Watch to call for reservation.

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrived at the British Open Pub at about 5pm on Friday (3/6) and it was packed with a wait of about 45 minutes. We had forgotten about reservations, since it was a last minute decision.

So we just drove further north down the road and decided to stop at Nick's Steak and Seafood. Maybe just a mile down the road.

Very low key and not busy at all. But we had very good service and the food was good. I had a salmon filet with maple dressing and DH had a fried grouper. We both cleaned our plates and pricing was average $$. They were getting a good crowd by the time we left.

FYI...The owner is a big Pittsburg Steelers fan with memorabilia on the walls.

nkn :wave:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here are some photos of some dishes from The Skull Creek Boathouse when we were there in 2011. They may not even have these same dishes. Though they were pretty good. We went in April and I don't remember a long wait. Though, we went on a Tuesday around 7:00pm.

Hilton20Head20Vacation20046.jpg

Hilton20Head20Vacation20043.jpg

Hilton20Head20Vacation20044.jpg

Hilton20Head20Vacation20045.jpg

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I put a few notes in already of one that had closed, and how much we all loved Flora's. A few other comments.

We went into Lands End Tavern at South Beach for lunch. It was great. All of us were very pleased with our food. Huge portions. I didn't know anything about it before hand but we were there and hungry and had already done Salty Dog so we gave it a try. A good surprise.

Another day we stopped at Anglers Cafe for lunch. We were aiming for Daniels but they had a sign they were closed for a few days. I don't even know if Daniels is usually open for lunch but wanted to try it after the mention here. Ended up at Anglers. It was okay. The others at my table were happy enough; I thought it was not good so I will say okay.

Went to Poisideon for drinks and appetizers. We went upstairs and I loved it. Such a pretty view of the marsh. Very good food and a nice drink menu. Everyone has to be 21; even if accompanied by parents. It is a very hip spot. They likely were surprised to see such an unhip family show up. Some folks did come up, look around, then go back downstairs. I would absolutely go back to this one.

Skull Creek was good and I will go back again. Went to Crazy Crab near the outlet malls. If you have a food allergy, be careful. They brought me a dish of exactly what I told them I was allergic to. But otherwise the food was fine and everyone was happy with that one.

Truffles was good. Everyone liked that. It's a keeper on my list.

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sad about Tapas, it was one of our favorites. I just tried calling and their phone is disconnected. I called Daniel's and they are closed for maintenance until 3/13. At least they are still open.

Last edited:

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your great suggestion.
Skull Creek has an outdoor bar with high tops that you can seat yourself (though in crowded times I am sure it is full as well) They have the full menu, the hostess told me.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Skull Creek has an outdoor bar with high tops that you can seat yourself (though in crowded times I am sure it is full as well) They have the full menu, the hostess told me.

I am planning on arriving about 15 minutes before they open.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

As I've mentioned in my review for Skull Creek, if you somehow arrive without call-ahead seating (shame, shame) and have a 1-2 hour wait, you can use the high-tops outside on first come-first served basis.....and the best way to do that is to approach a table that appears almost finished, and ask if they will allow you to have their table when they're finished.......you may wish to buy them a drink or something for helping you (just a thought).

Arriving early will surely help, too, but we are way too busy during the day to alter our dinner plans to a 5 o'clock start. In the summer, it can be too hot outside for that. 30 minutes before sunset is my favorite time, or either anytime after 6:45 if you don't like sunsets, imho.

Again, please, avail yourself of the concierge's call-ahead seating...they do this for Marriott, and you'll only have a 10-15 min wait max. And when you are headed to your table and hear them tell everyone else "2-hr wait", you'll be happy. Call the concierge early in the day!!!!! There are only a few call-ahead seatings allotted!!!!

AND, use the valet parking, for 2 bucks you can drive right to the front door---it's worth it.