• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Suzanne. I have figured out how to find the Marriott Ocean Pointe page. I am new to TUG so just feeling my way. Would we use this page to rent a week or would we pay the annual membership to become a TUG member and post the week on a rental and resort section?
Joan Muschiatti

rentals arent permitted on the forums other than in the last minute rental section (and certain limitations apply).

but yes, you can post rentals in the marketplace with a membership.

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks, Marriott Grande Ocean Hilton Head, Bouganville Barbados, Marriott Points
this is just a test to see if i’m in the group. moved from yahoo
will any of you be at OP in january/feb?
jeanette annunziata
Yes, My wife and I will be doing the two weeks split using one of our weeks.

TandKIsgro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Marriott Ocean Pointe x3, Platinum Marriott Grand Vista
We usually stay the month of February, but with my new position as “Nonni-Care” to our precious granddaughter, we will only be there for one week February 2021. Has to be a quick ‘thaw’ from the Northeast!

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
We have not received our annual meeting notification or vote proxy. Anyone else receive it yet? I looked to see if I could view it on the MVCI website but couldn’t find it. Maybe not out yet?

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
We got the one from Canyon Villas but not Ocean Pointe. Guess it'll come soon.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I received mine via email along with the proposed budget. The proposed budget is the fully funded version mandated by the state of Florida and not the final budget.

wt123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Pointe
Beachplace Towers
[MERGED]

Hey fellow OPers - Susan and I will arrive at OP in late January and will hang around until early April, and we will again "host" OP owners and guests at weekly no-host cocktail parties at the Kingfish. This will be our 6th year doing this, I believe, and we've had as many as 30 folks attend, so the more the merrier. We begin at 5 pm every Thursday. Everyone brings snacks that are shared with other attendees, and everyone brings their own drinks. The pool bar is usually open until 6 so you can get cups and ice there, and drinks/food as well, until they close. Of course the bar may not be open due to the COVID situation, so we'll play that by ear. Also, because of the virus, we'll have to adjust the seating to keep everyone safe. Hey, we'll give it a shot and see what happens. As always, we will provide name tags to protect the innocent. See you in January! And please stay safe! Will send additional reminders out as time goes by.

Last edited by a moderator:

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Have a unit up for rent but received an email from VacationCandy. Anyone here have any experience with them? Actually kinda turned it down but now wondering if I should contact them.
Thanks
I used them once for Crystal Shores. It was very smooth and easy. I too was skeptical at first but read some reviews and talked to the folks at Vacation Candy. They pretty much deal with Marriott and a few select other properties.

SKY

Reaction score
Good Morning,
Have a unit up for rent but received an email from VacationCandy. Anyone here have any experience with them? Actually kinda turned it down but now wondering if I should contact them.
Thanks
Hi I have rented many of my weeks with them and everything always went super well. So you can 100% trust them!!

DGregory87

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, OceanWatch (5) Monarch (2), SurfWatch (2), Shadow Ridge, Willow Ridge, Grande Vista, Canyon Villas, Spinnaker's Bluewater.
Good Morning,
Thanks
I have dealt with Vacation Candy with several rentals over the years, and they are very good and reliable.
Don

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the glowing reviews for Vacation Candy are coming from people that have registered yesterday and this is their first post? Hmmmmm...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone else notice that the glowing reviews for Vacation Candy are coming from people that have registered yesterday and this is their first post? Hmmmmm...
I think that is to be expected in this thread as this thread is mainly full of people moving over from an existing Yahoo group that is going away in December. I don't suspect any of them are shills.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just posting to see if I get an email when there are posts. Right now I'm not.

Be sure to click the "WATCH" box about one third of the way down from the very top of the page on the right hand side. ALSO, be sure you are logged in.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
We have received our Proxy form for Ocean Pointe and plan to reply via the internet.

Last edited:

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
We are coming down late Feb into early March. Will there be spacing at the pool areas to comply with COVID rules? Will there be a reduced number of units occupied for the same reason? I'm concerned that if we come down in prime season we won't have the same accommodations and space as in more "normal" times.

TandKIsgro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Marriott Ocean Pointe x3, Platinum Marriott Grand Vista
We are coming down late Feb into early March. Will there be spacing at the pool areas to comply with COVID rules? Will there be a reduced number of units occupied for the same reason? I'm concerned that if we come down in prime season we won't have the same accommodations and space as in more "normal" times.
We are reduced to only 1 week this year (instead of our 4-6), not because of covid, family dynamics... And we are just hoping for the best! Coming from New York, the thaw alone will be a blessing .

lindam913

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott ocean point
Testing. Just moved over

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
We are reduced to only 1 week this year (instead of our 4-6), not because of covid, family dynamics... And we are just hoping for the best! Coming from New York, the thaw alone will be a blessing .
We will drive down from Philly and stay at OP for 2 weeks. We, too, will be hoping for the best and better weather there than here. I guess we need to decide by mid December for sure taking into consideration the levels of COVID here and there.