• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 27 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $15,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Pointe, Grande Vista, Surf Watch, Desert Springs 1, Trust Points
Glad to have just one place to check now that my OP Forum is part of TUG. We have used TUG fo 18+ years and often suggest to friends that they join.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new TUGgers!

If you have any questions about TUG there are several links in the task bar on the top of every page to find help, learn the rules, and learn how to make the most of TUG. Feel free to ask anything - we're happy to help. :)

I do want to mention that the info you post to TUG can be scammed by bad actors who harvest bulletin board systems to target users for bad things (which in this forum usually means scam companies that take upfront fees and give false promises that they can get rid of your timeshare for you.) Harvesting doesn't happen here often and admin does what it can to prevent it, but you should know that it's not a requirement on TUG that you publish your names or other contact information in your posts. You're certainly welcome to do it but the warning is worth mentioning. :)

Thank you Sue. I copied and forwarded this to the Group.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Have a unit up for rent but received an email from VacationCandy. Anyone here have any experience with them? Actually kinda turned it down but now wondering if I should contact them.
Thanks
The last time I bought new Marriott Vacation/Destination Points (Feb 2020) the Marriott agent indicated that he often uses VacationCandy for his own properties. I have not gone further than that, however. If you do check it out, please post your findings here!
Jim Byrne

February was early in US Covid history. Repercussions from cancelled rentals really hit the fan in March.

I did a quick search using just the words "vacation candy" and came up with a number of threads for more details.

tatmtr7, you can experiment with the "Search" feature in the top right of the page.

A2Holly

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe, Marriott's Beach Place Towers
I asked Brian if we could have a thread to replace the Yahoo group "Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners" https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OPnewsgroup/info which will be shut down on 12/15. He said there was no problem with this.

The Yahoo group for OP owners has been a terrific opportunity to develop a sense of "community" amongst the owners. Here's hoping that community continues and grows from this thread. Therefore, this is the beginning of a new chapter for Owners and visitors to Ocean Pointe. As the Marriott forum here on TUG encompasses a wide range of topics, this particular thread may simply incorporate popular topics on the OPnewsgroup, i.e., hurricane/storm warnings and damage, COA issues, social gatherings, personnel changes, loans/exchange of beach chairs, etc.

TUG has so much more to offer the Owners at OP than we could provide on the Yahoo website. To copy off a MI grocer's motto, it's "one stop shopping".

So please welcome and take advantage of this new thread.
Thank you for this Suzanne. I have registered and look forward to continuing with our newsgroup. Holly Seelig

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Point
I asked Brian if we could have a thread to replace the Yahoo group "Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners" https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OPnewsgroup/info which will be shut down on 12/15. He said there was no problem with this.

The Yahoo group for OP owners has been a terrific opportunity to develop a sense of "community" amongst the owners. Here's hoping that community continues and grows from this thread. Therefore, this is the beginning of a new chapter for Owners and visitors to Ocean Pointe. As the Marriott forum here on TUG encompasses a wide range of topics, this particular thread may simply incorporate popular topics on the OPnewsgroup, i.e., hurricane/storm warnings and damage, COA issues, social gatherings, personnel changes, loans/exchange of beach chairs, etc.

TUG has so much more to offer the Owners at OP than we could provide on the Yahoo website. To copy off a MI grocer's motto, it's "one stop shopping".

So please welcome and take advantage of this new thread.
sounds great, thank you !

Last edited by a moderator:

nannajay

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ocean pointe
this is just a test to see if i’m in the group. moved from yahoo
will any of you be at OP in january/feb?
jeanette annunziata

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surf Club, Ko Olina, Ocean Pointe
Long time TUGGER, but now watching this thread (moving over from Yahoo group).

popcorn

Reaction score
Thanks for setting this up. Hoping to see our beloved OP soon. I am trying to rent my units on Red Week but no luck so far. Our arrival is uncertain because of COVID. The Canadian border is still closed.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Harbour Lake
SVV - Bella
SVV - Key West
Thanks for setting this up. Hoping to see our beloved OP soon. I am trying to rent my units on Red Week but no luck so far. Our arrival is uncertain because of COVID. The Canadian border is still closed.
You can still fly. Only the land border is closed. However, the 14 day quarantine is probably problematic upon return.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Happy that Suzzanne got this group started. I hope it is as effective as the Yahoo group has been.
Florence Hoffritz
Malvern PA

janrow1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Pointe, Sabal Palms, Las Vegas
Thank you Brian & Suzzanne....I am in.