• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked Brian if we could have a thread to replace the Yahoo group "Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners" https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OPnewsgroup/info which will be shut down on 12/15. He said there was no problem with this.

The Yahoo group for OP owners has been a terrific opportunity to develop a sense of "community" amongst the owners. Here's hoping that community continues and grows from this thread. Therefore, this is the beginning of a new chapter for Owners and visitors to Ocean Pointe. As the Marriott forum here on TUG encompasses a wide range of topics, this particular thread may simply incorporate popular topics on the OPnewsgroup, i.e., hurricane/storm warnings and damage, COA issues, social gatherings, personnel changes, loans/exchange of beach chairs, etc.

TUG has so much more to offer the Owners at OP than we could provide on the Yahoo website. To copy off a MI grocer's motto, it's "one stop shopping".

So please welcome and take advantage of this new thread.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added this as a sticky to make it easier to find for folks coming over.

if the traffic/activity warrants, we can certainly consider a specific subforum for this group under the marriott forum.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Thank you Suzzanne and Brian!

As an Ocean Pointe owner and also member of the Yahoo OP newsgroup, I find the information shared there very valuable and often times a bit closer to the ground for local input, board information, etc.

Glad to see it finding a potential home on TUG! The value TUG can bring via additional function via forum posts (vs email) will be a nice add.

Long live Ocean Pointe!

Last edited:

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Thanks Suzanne for being so clever and thoughtful! Brian, thanks for allowing this to happen! I have been a tug member for more years than I can remember!
We are such a privileged group of OP owners to be able to share news, information etc!
Jeannine

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am an owner at Westin St a John and there is a loooooong thread on the Starwood/Westin forum. It’s nice to keep all the info together.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks you Quilter and TUGBRIAN for your cooperation on this agreement.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
This Ocean Pointe friend will be saying hello there on January 3rd. :cool:

DIB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Royal Palms
Hope most OPers are able to find their way here;)

David and Ann Brandwein
West Hartford, CT

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Welcome to the new TUGers by the way. :cheer:

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Good Morning,
Have a unit up for rent but received an email from VacationCandy. Anyone here have any experience with them? Actually kinda turned it down but now wondering if I should contact them.
Thanks

Toni Sprinkel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Pointe, Grande Vista, Newport Coast
I asked Brian if we could have a thread to replace the Yahoo group "Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners" https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OPnewsgroup/info which will be shut down on 12/15. He said there was no problem with this.

The Yahoo group for OP owners has been a terrific opportunity to develop a sense of "community" amongst the owners. Here's hoping that community continues and grows from this thread. Therefore, this is the beginning for a new chapter for Owners and visitors to Ocean Pointe. As the Marriott forum here on TUG encompasses a wide range of topics, this particular thread may simply incorporate popular topics on the OPnewsgroup, i.e., hurricane/storm warnings and damage, COA issues, social gatherings, personnel changes, loans/exchange of beach chairs, etc.

TUG has so much more to offer the Owners at OP than we could provide on the Yahoo website. To copy off a MI grocer's motto, it's "one stop shopping".

So please welcome and take advantage of this new thread.
Thank you, Brian and Suzzanne! I'm in!

mjkanter

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ocean Pointe, Canyon Villas
added this as a sticky to make it easier to find for folks coming over.

if the traffic/activity warrants, we can certainly consider a specific subforum for this group under the marriott forum.
Thanks Brian- Marty & Sue Kanter have joined

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Have a unit up for rent but received an email from VacationCandy. Anyone here have any experience with them? Actually kinda turned it down but now wondering if I should contact them.
Thanks

I have worked with them. Had a couple contracts with them when Covid broke out. I had already received 100% payment so it was up to me to contact them before the check-in date. All renters were give option of replacement vacation or 65% refund. All accepted 65% refund. Be sure you get 100% payment upon putting the renter's name on the reservation. Be sure your contract fully describes terms of cancellation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Double check Vacation Candy's policy on cancellations. I am sure they dealt with a lot of problems during COVID and may have been hit with a lot of chargebacks. Do they still pay 100% upfront to the owner?

freeport28

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe 2 weeks, Marriott Grande Ocean Hilton Head, Bouganville Barbados, Marriott Points
I think it's a good idea to be part of Tug. long time member myself.

byrne2310

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, Palm Beach Shores, Florida
Marriott Custom House, Boston, Mass
Disney Bay Lake Towers, Disneyworld, Orlando, Florida
Good Morning,
Thanks
The last time I bought new Marriott Vacation/Destination Points (Feb 2020) the Marriott agent indicated that he often uses VacationCandy for his own properties. I have not gone further than that, however. If you do check it out, please post your findings here!
Jim Byrne

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Welcome to the new TUGgers!

If you have any questions about TUG there are several links in the task bar on the top of every page to find help, learn the rules, and learn how to make the most of TUG. Feel free to ask anything - we're happy to help. :)

I do want to mention that the info you post to TUG can be scammed by bad actors who harvest bulletin board systems to target users for bad things (which in this forum usually means scam companies that take upfront fees and give false promises that they can get rid of your timeshare for you.) Harvesting doesn't happen here often and admin does what it can to prevent it, but you should know that it's not a requirement on TUG that you publish your names or other contact information in your posts. You're certainly welcome to do it but the warning is worth mentioning. :)

Last edited: