• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - View from the Balcony

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
HEY GUYS, WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN:

1. seeing a gorgeous "picture from the balcony" by any Tugger at any time (all are great, but for an example, see post #1126 above by "jont") ????
or
2. dining at a great restaurant from my Hilton Head restaurant list?

Easy answers..........
1. answer to question #1........It's "JUMPING INTO" that picture YOURSELF.
2. answer to question #2........It's dining at a great restaurant from my list ALONG WITH ANOTHER TUGGER!
.......(well then, try dining at THREE restaurants from my list with another Tugger)

Explanation & "the rest of the story":
TUG's "jont" was at Hilton Head's Grande Ocean this past week, and is still there, but he asked my wife and me
to join him and his wife Friday & Saturday nights, so we did. We drove over and spent two nights with them, and had three great meals
together----first evening at Santa Fe, breakfast the next morning at Kenny B's, and dinner that following evening at Ela's on the Water.
All three meals were outstanding. We're back home now, and "jont" continues to send me great pics from his culinary escapades
since he's still there. (He's a dear friend but he can be cruel!)

Re: question #1.
Below is a photo from that very same balcony, but taken with my camera after arriving.
I saw his photo two days prior.

1725226950924.png

Re question #2.
My dinner at Santa Fe.....the Cowboy Cut Ribeye, blackened.....(told it was 42 oz)
1725227051514.png

My breakfast at Kenny B's......the Eggs Benedict with breakfast potatoes & patty sausages.......
1725227284875.png

My dinner at Ela's on the Water....Salmon Rockefeller (spinach/crabmeat/asparagus/parmesan & bacon
over mashed potatoes)......and a Manhattan!..................
and a great view 👇 👇 👇
https://www.elasgrille.com/........................................................................
1725228535567.png
1725228915290.png

1725230521994.png

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highland Inn
DVC Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
View from our exchange into SurfWatch, last week of August (we checked out today). We were in an Oceanside villa, a very lucky room assignment.

IMG_7070.jpeg

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
Does anyone also have problem posting a picture from iPhone? Perhaps because of the file size?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone also have problem posting a picture from iPhone? Perhaps because of the file size?

Yes I typically have to email it to myself first so that it get resized to a smaller file and then I can upload it.

Reactions: jme

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Yes I typically have to email it to myself first so that it get resized to a smaller file and then I can upload it.
The system needs an upgrade then.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The system needs an upgrade then.
I think there is a 2MB limit to files attached to a post. I understand the need for a limit, but perhaps @TUGBrian could consider allowing for larger files given that phones are taking better photos these days.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think there is a 2MB limit to files attached to a post. I understand the need for a limit, but perhaps @TUGBrian could consider allowing for larger files given that phones are taking better photos these days.
current limit is 4mb...and that is an utterly gigantic file size for a photo in this day and age especially when the forum is going to visually shrink it down to about 25% of that actual resolution. a 4mb photo with a modern phone camera would be more than 2x the size of your desktop.

chances are its the dimension of the photo more than the physical size. believe that is set to 1200x1200

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
testing 2.5mb image upload (kids first day of school ice cream)
20240813_142202.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
testing 5mb upload (cape canaveral)

20240716_145600.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
same exact photo reduced to 30% of its resolution and uploaded, the file size is now 435k and its exactly the same size on the forum..
kidscape30%.jpg

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
“The uploaded file is too large” for the photo I took from IPhone 15 Pro, about 3MB in size.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
can you email the photo to me @ tugadmin@tug2.net ?
Oops I guess i find the issue. The file size indicated by iPhone is 3MB but if I actually sent it to myself, it is 5.4MB in JPEG. So likely you have to raise the limit even higher to accommodate new phones.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Ko Olina, Nai'a building 8th floor. Early morning and sunset.

View attachment 99220
You ended up with a great room assignment! @marmite

I “should” have been able to see the ocean looking sidewards from my unit right above the entrance by the gigantic tree but there was a solid “privacy screen” on my balcony between me and studio unit blocking the view.
Very disappointing as it was categorized as an ocean view.

So there is ocean view and OCEAN View!

Second picture is me hanging over the railing to see the water.
First is the solid screen that block my view while sitting on tbd balcony
IMG_6331.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

Last edited:

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
You ended up with a great room assignment! @marmite

I “should” have been able to see the ocean looking sidewards from my unit right above the entrance by the gigantic tree but there was a solid “privacy screen” on my balcony between me and studio unit blocking the view.
Very disappointing as it was categorized as an ocean view.

So there is ocean view and OCEAN View!
This location is great. The sunset picture is more accurate of how the room is oriented, ocean and some palm trees straight across from you so that's all you see from inside the unit at the dining table. The early morning picture is turned to the right and downward a bit to see the mountain and the pool fountains below me. I think all the 3BR LO units on the OV side would have the same view, because I think when I last saw the diagram they are all stacked on each other, near the center of the tower.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops I guess i find the issue. The file size indicated by iPhone is 3MB but if I actually sent it to myself, it is 5.4MB in JPEG. So likely you have to raise the limit even higher to accommodate new phones.
I take a screenshot of my photo then upload the screenshot after I edit out some of the extras from the phone screen. The resolution is fine for posting.