• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MARRIOTT / CORONAVIRUS [MERGED]

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I cancelled my June 8 week at the Aruba Ocean Club and was able to deposit the week in II. Use is good until June 2022.
Are you able to set up an ongoing search? Or only able to make reservations based on what is available.

Marco76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a very similar issue: My home resort is MVC Aruba Surf Club, and our family was due to fly on March 28. After the travel ban announcement from the Aruba government on March 12, I called the MVC customer service team on 3/14 and was told that since my trip was less than 14 days from check-in, my only alternative was to deposit my week with II. This is outrageous and I said this to the service rep as well as a manager, but to no avail, they simply quote policy! I simply want to keep my week at the Surf Club, at some later date, but MVC won't accommodate my request. Does anyone have any ideas?
I have a very similar issue: My home resort is MVC Aruba Surf Club, and our family was due to fly on March 28. After the travel ban announcement from the Aruba government on March 12, I called the MVC customer service team on 3/14 and was told that since my trip was less than 14 days from check-in, my only alternative was to deposit my week with II. This is outrageous and I said this to the service rep as well as a manager, but to no avail, they simply quote policy! I simply want to keep my week at the Surf Club, at some later date, but MVC won't accommodate my request. Does anyone have any ideas?
Keep posting to all social media.They are shafting all owners with lame excuses.With enough publicity they’ll never sell another time share..We should get our weeks back with no expiration.

Marco76

TUG Member
Reaction score
The following is a response from Marriott to an owner who questioned Marriott’s position on handling cancellations during this crisis. I have posted the letter to Marriott and then Marriott’s response (in bold) to him. This was shared on one of the Marriott Owner Facebook pages.

Dear Marriott Vacations Worldwide,

I have a question/recommendation?

In lieu of the #Covid19 virus break out, and the need to
#Flattenthecurve, not spreading the virus, stay at home.

We do not wish to spread the virus to the County of Maui, that being said we do not understand why MVC have not yet waved the reservation cancel re-depositing the Destination Points into a Holding Account less than 60 days Policy?

The hard cold facts are that we have had that happen in the past and it is horrible if not impossible to recover from.

Furthermore, if thousands, tens of thousands of Marriott vacation owners are going to be canceling and re-depositing their destination points, you’re talking about multiplying tens of thousands of people trying to rebook a vacation of days, week, and weeks inside of a future 120 day window, over the phone, That’s going to be ridiculous, if not impossible!

Can I really be the only person who can foresee this?

So in closing, we are looking for guidance and direction from one of if not the largest vacation owners organizations in the world to help us not spread this virus in a time of need in assisting us protecting future vacations and not tying up the phone lines in the future as they are currently being flooded with phone calls just to cancel and no one can get through for hours if not days when the automated system does not prompt you to be called back!

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and anticipated return correspondence.

Please have a blessed day, may you and yours be safe in this time of never before seen uncertainty.

... we’ll see what happens, everyone else stay safe & be Blessed ✌

Thank you for reaching out to our Customer Advocacy team.

I understand your concerns in traveling at this time. We are in no way advocating that you put yourself or your family at risk to travel for vacation.

Unlike a hotel or airline, Marriott Vacation Club does not own the inventory at our resorts. While we would very much like to give everyone who has been impacted by COVID 19 unrestricted points, it is simply not an option. In order for us to do so, we would have to reduce the available options for our owners next year. One, we can’t do that, and second, I don’t think there are any owners who would be willing to give up their time to compensate another owner’s cancellation. So we are offering the most flexible option with points returned to you in a holding account. This allows you to take advantage of unused inventory that we would normally list for rent. In other words, Marriott Vacation Club is giving back the money that we normally receive to offset the expense of alternative use options so you can plan another vacation and don’t lose your points.

Ensuring you have a safe vacation is, and always will be our primary objective.

Thank you for being a valued owner. We appreciate you being part of the Marriott Vacation Club family.

Sincerely,

Marriott Vacation Club
Customer Advocacy
Received the same ”canned”response.It demonstrates not only their inability to find a proper remedy e.g.compesation,points,deferral,think outside the box etc.but their disdain and their aloofness to existing owners who will have nothing but a lousy feeling toward Marriott and it’s upper levels of management.

Nsivertsen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are oceanfront 2bedroom owners at Marriott Grande Ocean in Hilton Head SC for over 15 years. We were scheduled to begin our week on April 26,2020. Our contract allows us to use our week up until June, however after all of our years going there we always went in May or June. This was the first year we were blocked out and had to pick this April date. You need to choose your date exactly at (9:00AM on a Wed morning one year to the date of choosing, which is what I did for weeks, and nothing was available. We were looking forward to arriving there, however due to the virus we were just notified that all activities, including pools, barbeque pits restaurants cleaning service was cancelled, however the rooms remained open. This was understandable. Marriott informed us that they could not give us another date and had to put us into Interval International(which we are members anyway) and would charge us $99.00 administrative fee. Now I find out that Marriott didn't put us into II exchange program where I can pick another place in the future which is usually good for 2 years, they are only giving us a certificate good until Dec. 2020.Anyone knows that these certificates aren't very good, there ok for "leftovers" and only what they offer. You cant choose or request anything. I pay over $1500. in Maintenance fees and am a platinum member in II. Marriott claims that the hotel is still open, but nothing else, so I could still have gone I am so disappointed in Marriott for not offering me another week in the future even next year. They claim they are all booked up for the rest of this year into next year. Even if they put me into the regular exchange program with Interval which would have given me two years to pick something. Very upset with Marriott especially since they became Bonvoy . They have totally forgotten how to treat their "older members"

jbeachlvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
The Suites at Eastern Slope Inn
Vistana Flex
We are oceanfront 2bedroom owners at Marriott Grande Ocean in Hilton Head SC for over 15 years. We were scheduled to begin our week on April 26,2020. Our contract allows us to use our week up until June, however after all of our years going there we always went in May or June. This was the first year we were blocked out and had to pick this April date. You need to choose your date exactly at (9:00AM on a Wed morning one year to the date of choosing, which is what I did for weeks, and nothing was available. We were looking forward to arriving there, however due to the virus we were just notified that all activities, including pools, barbeque pits restaurants cleaning service was cancelled, however the rooms remained open. This was understandable. Marriott informed us that they could not give us another date and had to put us into Interval International(which we are members anyway) and would charge us $99.00 administrative fee. Now I find out that Marriott didn't put us into II exchange program where I can pick another place in the future which is usually good for 2 years, they are only giving us a certificate good until Dec. 2020.Anyone knows that these certificates aren't very good, there ok for "leftovers" and only what they offer. You cant choose or request anything. I pay over $1500. in Maintenance fees and am a platinum member in II. Marriott claims that the hotel is still open, but nothing else, so I could still have gone I am so disappointed in Marriott for not offering me another week in the future even next year. They claim they are all booked up for the rest of this year into next year. Even if they put me into the regular exchange program with Interval which would have given me two years to pick something. Very upset with Marriott especially since they became Bonvoy . They have totally forgotten how to treat their "older members"

I too am getting the certificate deposited in II “as a goodwill gesture”, but my email from owner services says expiration to use by is 12/16/21.
Yesterday was the deadline for “it will be deposited in your II account within 10 business days”, yet no certificate is there. We are weeks owners in Platinum season at Aruba Surf Club, which ends April 30 each year. Maybe we can use it near Denver to visit our 2 yr old grandson. That would be worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too am getting the certificate deposited in II “as a goodwill gesture”, but my email from owner services says expiration to use by is 12/16/21.
Yesterday was the deadline for “it will be deposited in your II account within 10 business days”, yet no certificate is there. We are weeks owners in Platinum season at Aruba Surf Club, which ends April 30 each year. Maybe we can use it near Denver to visit our 2 yr old grandson. That would be worth it!!

Have you looked under exchange, my units and then over to the side there are Accomidations certificates?

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you looked under exchange, my units and then over to the side there are Accomidations certificates?

Our certificate has not been deposited, and it is well after the 10 business days. We do have 4 Accommodation certificates in our account, but they have been there for a while, and none of them have the 2021 expiration date. Guess a phone call will be on my list for tomorrow, just to follow up!

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay,

So after my very long posts about my dislike of how Marriott has handled the cancellations due to the pandemic and lack of options to use legacy weeks in the future, forcing us to pay to join II for a certificate (not at all familiar with II, never used it), plus another $99 when we are ready to use the certificate, and of course, after paying our dues in full for the year, we have decided to check with Marriott's exit program to find out what , if anything, is offered for exiting our Gold Season week in Hilton Head.

The answer is they will offer us nothing - zero - zilch - nada. They will pay the fees, but basically the week we paid $6000 for (we purchased direct resale through Marriott), is now, according to them - worthless. Worthless, of course, until they turn it around and either convert it into points or put it back on the direct resale list, I guess whichever makes them more money.

Result is we are going to hold it until at least next year, probably look to rent it out or give it to the kids to see if they want to use it. Unfortunate, but we made a bad decision and bought into a company that has proved to have no concern for its owners. Lesson learned, expensive lesson, but lesson learned. We'll stick with our DVC, at least Disney has a sense of decency towards it's members during a pandemic, but we're no longer faithful to the Marriott brand, timeshare, hotels or whatever.

Good luck with cancelling your plans out there, and stay healthy and safe.

Dee

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Okay,

So after my very long posts about my dislike of how Marriott has handled the cancellations due to the pandemic and lack of options to use legacy weeks in the future, forcing us to pay to join II for a certificate (not at all familiar with II, never used it), plus another $99 when we are ready to use the certificate, and of course, after paying our dues in full for the year, we have decided to check with Marriott's exit program to find out what , if anything, is offered for exiting our Gold Season week in Hilton Head.

The answer is they will offer us nothing - zero - zilch - nada. They will pay the fees, but basically the week we paid $6000 for (we purchased direct resale through Marriott), is now, according to them - worthless. Worthless, of course, until they turn it around and either convert it into points or put it back on the direct resale list, I guess whichever makes them more money.

Result is we are going to hold it until at least next year, probably look to rent it out or give it to the kids to see if they want to use it. Unfortunate, but we made a bad decision and bought into a company that has proved to have no concern for its owners. Lesson learned, expensive lesson, but lesson learned. We'll stick with our DVC, at least Disney has a sense of decency towards it's members during a pandemic, but we're no longer faithful to the Marriott brand, timeshare, hotels or whatever.

Dee
It sounds as if you’re doing what’s best for you and your family. I guess you can be grateful that you only invested $6000. Many others like myself have invested much more. However, I know for me personally, I enjoy my purchase and don’t feel as you about the manner in which Marriott has handled things. To each their own. Enjoy Disney!

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Okay,

Dee
Thank you...take care

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you’re doing what’s best for you and your family. I guess you can be grateful that you only invested $6000. Many others like myself have invested much more. However, I know for me personally, I enjoy my purchase and don’t feel as you about the manner in which Marriott has handled things. To each their own. Enjoy Disney!

Are you a points owner or a legacy week resale owner? I think I'm just used to the service of Disney. They returned all borrowed points into their original use year with no fees (borrowed points cannot be returned as a rule), and they extended anyone who had an annual pass during their time closed, by the amount of days they remain closed. My DH doesn't have an annual pass, I do. They continue to send emails with updates and, moreso, assurances to the owners that they will be there when this is all done, ready and willing to "welcome us home".

My interactions with Marriott have been as opposite as that as it can get. From being given misinformation - any time I spoke to someone I was given different information and it took a call to a senior manager in corporate to get a direct and correct answer. My II week is still not showing up, so there's another phone call to be made.

While we really really love Surfwatch, our distaste for Marriott is still too strong to think about checking into any Marriott property right now. Time will tell I suppose.

I am happy to hear that you are happy with your ownership and use of the program. It's what should be for owners and loyal guests. I hope you continue to enjoy it in health and safety. Take care

Dee

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question:

My week was supposed to be deposited into II by Marriott (according the the senior manager at Marriott corporate), and it's not showing as a deposited week in II.
It shows as available with a "deposit now" button. But I was told they were depositing it for me.

I have zero experience with II since we've never used it (and never intended to). Does anyone know what this means and what I'm supposed to do now? Other than call that manager back again, anyway?

Tia
Dee

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Question:

My week was supposed to be deposited into II by Marriott (according the the senior manager at Marriott corporate), and it's not showing as a deposited week in II.
It shows as available with a "deposit now" button. But I was told they were depositing it for me.

I have zero experience with II since we've never used it (and never intended to). Does anyone know what this means and what I'm supposed to do now? Other than call that manager back again, anyway?

Tia
Dee
So you have a "My Certificates" link on the right hand side? Is it possible that it is under there?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Are you a points owner or a legacy week resale owner? I think I'm just used to the service of Disney. They returned all borrowed points into their original use year with no fees (borrowed points cannot be returned as a rule), and they extended anyone who had an annual pass during their time closed, by the amount of days they remain closed. My DH doesn't have an annual pass, I do. They continue to send emails with updates and, moreso, assurances to the owners that they will be there when this is all done, ready and willing to "welcome us home".

My interactions with Marriott have been as opposite as that as it can get. From being given misinformation - any time I spoke to someone I was given different information and it took a call to a senior manager in corporate to get a direct and correct answer. My II week is still not showing up, so there's another phone call to be made.

While we really really love Surfwatch, our distaste for Marriott is still too strong to think about checking into any Marriott property right now. Time will tell I suppose.

I am happy to hear that you are happy with your ownership and use of the program. It's what should be for owners and loyal guests. I hope you continue to enjoy it in health and safety. Take care

Dee
As a DVC owner, it is not all that much better on the other side of the grass. I own both legacy weeks and dp points.

If you have a April UY and have used current or banked points for a trip in march 2020, you have lost all those points. No way to bank or use those points. If you have June UY you missed your banking deadline if you had a March reservation and now those points have to be used by end of May.

I would not say DVC has handled the loss of use better than MVC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a DVC owner, it is not all that much better on the other side of the grass. I own both legacy weeks and dp points.

If you have a April UY and have used current or banked points for a trip in march 2020, you have lost all those points. No way to bank or use those points. If you have June UY you missed your banking deadline if you had a March reservation and now those points have to be used by end of May.

I would not say DVC has handled the loss of use better than MVC.

Thanks, I was actually just on the DVC forums and caught up on that. I have never banked points in the 20 years we own, if anything, we borrow, so I didn't fall into this category and didn't even know it was happening. However, Marriott is costing me more than the dues on whatever hypothetically banked DVC points I would have had. With Marriott it's a FULL year of dues, on top of the cost of Interval membership on top of the cost of using the traded week in Interval, when and if we actually get to use it, as it only allows booking 120 days out and expires in a year. I think with DVC banked points, an owner would be losing use of that amount of points, and the prorated dues paid on that amount of points, am I correct? Either way, none of this is good.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold

Dee

i am a legacy weeks owner and my weeks are enrolled. I was fortunate enough to be able to make a cancellation last week before the 60 day cancellation deadline. I had turned weeks into points so I was able to retrieve all of my usage No doubt this was a downer because I was looking forward to Hilton Head. I was able to retrieve all of the points and have until July 2022 to use them. However, my thoughts are that these are unprecedented times and thus all businesses are adjusting to this situation. The rules are being made and adjusted seemingly by the day. I’m an educator and see it in my work.The ability to be flexible is paramount for everyone. Everyone will be making sacrifices both voluntarily and involuntarily. I have another timeshare with Diamond Resorts. It’s a points driven timeshare and they’ve been flexible to reservations made with points too. However, again there is less flexibility with weeks.

I have had many positive experiences with Marriott to allow a once in a lifetime situation change my entire outlook upon them...

jbeachlvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
The Suites at Eastern Slope Inn
Vistana Flex
Hi. I finally SEE the Certificate in my II account. Posted below are the “details” with it. Im not certain if someone else posted theirs as I didn’t scroll back. I had posted 2-3 times over course of this thread about my communications with or from MVC, Aruba Surf Club, and owner services. I own 2Bd lockoff, Platinum week ASC not currently enrolled in DC points.
Marriott deposited certificate:
1aa1840a0804eb58047d4c02055a6346.jpg

Thanks,
Jill

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
It has been years since I have used Interval, and this thread talk about points, weeks, Coronavirus certificates, and is pretty confusing.

My question is straightforward:
We own several Hawaii Marriott weeks (we are weeks owners).
We have reservations starting end of June through middle of July, so these are currently > 60 days out.
If I deposit these into Interval, will there be any restrictions on us, aside from the deposits having less trade power than a week that is 1 year out?
And me depositing myself into II is the proper technique, correct? I don't do it from Marriott side, correct? Again, I haven't used II in a very long time.

We feel like July is a gamble. My hunch is that states are going to relax orders a bit, followed by an increase of cases late May, followed by them immediately clamping them tightly again out of fear.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been years since I have used Interval, and this thread talk about points, weeks, Coronavirus certificates, and is pretty confusing.

We have reservations starting end of June through middle of July, so these are currently > 60 days out.
If I deposit these into Interval, will there be any restrictions on us, aside from the deposits having less trade power than a week that is 1 year out?
And me depositing myself into II is the proper technique, correct? I don't do it from Marriott side, correct? Again, I haven't used II in a very long time.

We feel like July is a gamble. My hunch is that states are going to relax orders a bit, followed by an increase of cases late May, followed by them immediately clamping them tightly again out of fear.
Other than having minimally to modestly lower trade power compared to if they were deposited several months ago and 2 years from the date of the reservations deposited to travel, I can't think of any. That assumes the resorts are open and II accepts them which I think is safe at this point.

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

You can deposit it directly into II yourself but if you get too close to your 60 days, I would call Marriott. Every time I have deposited weeks with II, several days later Marriott confirms that I own that particular week and have deposited it into II. I just don't know when II actually counts the deposit. So why take chances. I also feel you have nothing to lose by trying to change your reservations with Marriott to later in the year. Your same options will still be available if HI doesn't open up. Just calendar when your 61 days time frame is and make the decision later this year.

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
We are legacy gold week owners and are also members of the Destinations Program and we understand the pros and cons of being a timeshare owner. Each owner has different experiences and thoughts when situations occur which are out of an owners control. In general, we’ve had good results using Interval for exchanges, with the most challenging exchanges being to the better-rated Caribbean resorts. In 2019, we had a situation with an MVC HHI reservation being cancelled due to a hurricane. II gave us an unrestricted Accommodation Certificate good for one year as a “replacement.” We fully understood that our reservation week could not simply be rebooked for later in the year or for the following year, as other owners already had confirmed reservations for those time periods. We also understood there is a limited supply of week intervals available to reschedule to or to exchange into. We looked at the situation for what it was and were satisfied with the “replacement” option made available to us. We didn’t stress about losing our week reservation, even though our maintenance fees had been paid. As members of the DC, we were able to trade to another Marriott resort within a year’s timeframe with no exchange fee (benefit of DC membership). We definitely would have liked being able to enter an ongoing exchange, but that was not an option. The pandemic has created a global situation for timeshare owners, much worse than our “regional” hurricane situation. It’s caused many more reservation cancellations resulting many more owners needing to decide how to best “weather the storm.” Again....every owner will have a different experience and thoughts given the current situation. This year, our April exchange week for Ko'Olina wasn't cancelled, but the 14-day HI imposed quarantine upon arrival caused us to cancel the trip. So, we now have a week that can be exchanged again, but we can only look out 60-days. We added the Flex-change option for $59, which will also allow us to look at non-MVC resorts.

As of now, we plan to take our June, July, September and October trips – two by driving and two by flying.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Okay,

Dee

Dee, you're one who's being unfortunately whacked by every single business decision that MVW has been forced to make - I don't blame you one bit for your negative reaction or for your desire to simply get out, and I wish you the best with that.

It's worth mentioning that in one of the corp statements/press releases that they issued in late March, they specifically mentioned that in addition to all the other things they were doing they'd be "suspending" all deed-back activity (whether they use it as DC Trust conveyance to fuel DC Points sales, or, as enticement with a Hybrid package.) Under normal circumstances it can't ever be absolutely expected that MVW will take any certain Weeks back anyway but generally, a Gold HHI Week is desirable to them for either of their purposes. Please remember that when things begin to get back to some semblance of normal, their decline of your Week now doesn't mean that they will always decline the same Week. Good luck going forward with however this all manages to work out.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I think with DVC banked points, an owner would be losing use of that amount of points, and the prorated dues paid on that amount of points, am I correct? Either way, none of this is good.

No, there is no proration of dues. Loss of those points and no accomodations for the money spent to purchase the points and maintenance fees paid.

Let us say I had a March 24, 2020 reservation for 300 points. I have a 100 point April Use Year contract. I banked 2018 points into 2019, used 2019 points and borrowed 2020 points for this reservation. Since WDW was closed, my reservation was cancelled. I lost my 2018 and 2019 points and got nothing for them. I did get the 2020 points returned to 2020.

With MVC at least I would have until the end of next year to use those points.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
No, there is no proration of dues. Loss of those points and no accomodations for the money spent to purchase the points and maintenance fees paid.

Let us say I had a March 24, 2020 reservation for 300 points. I have a 100 point April Use Year contract. I banked 2018 points into 2019, used 2019 points and borrowed 2020 points for this reservation. Since WDW was closed, my reservation was cancelled. I lost my 2018 and 2019 points and got nothing for them. I did get the 2020 points returned to 2020.

With MVC at least I would have until the end of next year to use those points.

The only thing I think DVC did that was super nice and only effect those that borrowed was to return your points to the original use year. But my guess, the accountants figured out how many were borrowed and how that would affect them in the long run. I don't think they made that decision as a way to be nice to us. LOL...