• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MARRIOTT / CORONAVIRUS [MERGED]

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili Villas 3 BR, Marriott Grande Vista 2 BR,
Veteran
Someone said in an earlier reply that we can still deposit with Interval if it’s at least 30 days prior to check-in. Tomorrow is my last day if this is true.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see Marriott's in Hawaii in May, but not June. Below are the AC restrictions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

All confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.

This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.

All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.

This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date DECEMBER 24, 2020.

Certificate not valid for 18DEC to 31DEC travel dates.

Certificate not valid for 01JAN to 06APR travel dates.

Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Florida, Fort Lauderdale Coast From:01MAY To:31DEC,Florida, Upper Keys,Florida, Lower Keys,Florida, Key West,Florida, Tampa Bay,California, Kirkwood,California, Southern Coast,California, Big Bear Lake,California, San Diego Area,California, Northern National Forests,California, Napa Valley,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Punta Mita,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,

This certificate has no cash value.

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
The MVCI website states that travel must be completed by Dec 14, 2021. That is not the same date as the one you are showing. Can anyone clarify this?

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
Thanks for clarifying. This is likely different than a new exchange deposit. I don’t see anything on Interval’s website saying they won’t accept my exchange deposit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for clarifying. This is likely different than a new exchange deposit. I don’t see anything on Interval’s website saying they won’t accept my exchange deposit.
The problem is that a regular deposit will give you an exchange week that is only good for exchanges within 59 days of travel where the special deposit certificate is good for exchanges within 120 days of travel. But likely with more restrictions.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MVCI website states that travel must be completed by Dec 14, 2021. That is not the same date as the one you are showing. Can anyone clarify this?

I think this expiration date is for an MVC owner’s week. And like tomvc said, the replacement AC is for a canceled Interval exchange and the AC expires December 2020.

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
The problem is that a regular deposit will give you an exchange week that is only good for exchanges within 59 days of travel where the special deposit certificate is good for exchanges within 120 days of travel. But likely with more restrictions.

I can live with the 59 day restriction, but not with limits on my preferred destinations. MVCI posts the 120 exchange window on their website which seems like a great benefit. But isn’t it interesting that they don’t provide a pop-up window with the restriction details. Is that such a hard thing to do?

I’ll bet a lot of owner’s will be shocked to find the destinations are restricted on the AC provided by Marriott. Do you think this is a good business practice by Marriott?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I can live with the 59 day restriction, but not with limits on my preferred destinations. MVCI posts the 120 exchange window on their website which seems like a great benefit. But isn’t it interesting that they don’t provide a pop-up window with the restriction details. Is that such a hard thing to do?

I’ll bet a lot of owner’s will be shocked to find the destinations are restricted on the AC provided by Marriott. Do you think this is a good business practice by Marriott?

Maybe not, but it is the responsibility of the purchaser to do their due diligence for themselves to read or have fine print read. That is their responsibility to themselves.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't think it's necessarily a MVC restriction but rather an II restriction. It might be affected by the MVC, II agreement which MVC would have participated in originally. This is c/w the usual restrictions II imposes for restricted deposits but there are more than one set of restrictions. I've never seen a composite of the different types of restrictions whether it be short notice deposits or accommodation certificates.

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
I completed the online form on MVC owner site 10 days ago. My check-in date was supposed to be today. Marriott Owner Services sent me an email on Saturday. (apologize if this is listed on thread elsewhere— I only read the last few posts)

Here’s what some of email says:

“ As a good will gesture, we would like to provide you an Interval International certificate valid until December 16, 2021 that allows you to check availability up to 120 days prior to your desired travel date. We have requested the certificate and it will be added to your Interval International account within 10 business days.

For additional information, or when you are ready to use the certificate please contact Marriott Owner Services directly by calling 800-845-4226. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you receive the certificate from Marriott yet? Are there any other restrictions? I am concerned they may be blocking certain dates or destinations.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you receive the certificate from Marriott yet? Are there any other restrictions? I am concerned they may be blocking certain dates or destinations.

just a couple of comments about II and your choice to deposit your week vs take the MVC deposit-

Late deposits on II have decreased trading power- so if you are thinking your week is more powerful than what mvc gives you that might not matter or matter much.

Remember that what you want must be sitting there in inventory available in order for you to exchange into- you can’t request. So looking at the restrictions posted it would typically be difficult to get those anyway. The is not much Hawaii or keys sitting around - especially at 60 days- regardless of the trading power value of your week.

There was a report on II board about II not accepting individual’s marriott deposits for a certain amount of time- I’m sorry that I don’t remember the details- but you might want to check in with II to see if you even have that option.

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
just a couple of comments about II and your choice to deposit your week vs take the MVC deposit-

Late deposits on II have decreased trading power- so if you are thinking your week is more powerful than what mvc gives you that might not matter or matter much.

Remember that what you want must be sitting there in inventory available in order for you to exchange into- you can’t request. So looking at the restrictions posted it would typically be difficult to get those anyway. The is not much Hawaii or keys sitting around - especially at 60 days- regardless of the trading power value of your week.

There was a report on II board about II not accepting individual’s marriott deposits for a certain amount of time- I’m sorry that I don’t remember the details- but you might want to check in with II to see if you even have that option.

Here is the only COVID-19 Update I could find on Interval International's website. The Interval's agents I've spoken with the past week have indicated a "late deposit" can be made 14 - 59 days before scheduled check-in date. I spoke with a Marriott Vacation Club advisor this morning. She told me Intervals is accepting no owner deposits for check-in prior to May 15,2020. There is nothing in Interval's update regarding new restrictions on owner deposits. There is nothing I could find on MVC's website that gives details on blackouts or month/destination restrictions relating to the Certificate they are offering for owner cancellations.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
This is certainly a challenging time for all of us, and we are closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our affiliated resorts and your vacations. Because we’re all in this together, we have temporarily updated our cancellation policy below for exchanges and Getaways. We also want to keep you abreast of the latest information, so we have published a list of resorts that have closed to ensure the safety of their guests and employees. Additionally, some of our resort partners have shared important information on the operating status of their properties. We will continue to update these resources as we receive new information. We are thinking of you — please stay safe.

Updated Cancellation Policy (as of April 7, 2020)

If you purchased Trip Protection for your exchange or Getaway booking, you should contact Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-419-7642 to discuss your options. Please note, Allianz Global Assistance is experiencing extremely high call volume. Unless you are having a travel emergency, please wait to contact them if you are not traveling in the next 72 hours, so they can assist those in need of immediate assistance.

If you have not purchased travel insurance, or if your reason for cancellation is not covered by insurance, please read below for temporary adjustments that we have made to our cancellation policies to provide you with peace of mind during this unprecedented time. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any necessary changes based on the circumstances.

EXCHANGES:

• For all exchanges with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year.

• For all exchanges with a check-in date after May 31, 2020, our standard exchange cancellation policies apply. We commit that we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.

• Members who make exchanges between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, will have the option to retrade to another available destination and/or date if your plans change — without incurring an additional exchange fee.

GETAWAYS:

• For Getaways cancelled with check-in dates through May 31, 2020, you will have the option to apply the amount paid toward a future Getaway. If you are unable to identify your travel destination/date at the time of cancellation, you will be provided with a no-fee replacement-week certificate for which travel must be completed by December 24, 2020.

• For any cancellation of a Getaway that is booked between March 14, 2020, and May 31, 2020, you will have the option to apply the amount paid toward a future Getaway.

CRUISES:

• Members who book a cruise through Interval Travel will follow the policies of each individual cruise line. Please call Interval Travel, and we will inform you of your options and facilitate your cancellation for you.

We encourage you to visit Community to communicate with your fellow members and stay abreast of any future policy updates.

We value your membership and appreciate your patience and understanding. We are committed to supporting you in this time of uncertainty — and providing you with wonderful vacation memories in the future.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi dickgregory,
Yes that must be what I read that II is not accepting owner Marriott deposits before 5/15.
So if your check in is before 5/15 you will need to take the MVC deposit into II.
Seems like Marriott just wants to handle it that way rather than have owners deposit weeks into II that no one will use.

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
Hi dickgregory,
Yes that must be what I read that II is not accepting owner Marriott deposits before 5/15.
So if your check in is before 5/15 you will need to take the MVC deposit into II.

Interval's COVID-19 update makes no reference to "new" owner deposits. Their reference is to previous "exchanges" and what you can do with them.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval's COVID-19 update makes no reference to "new" owner deposits. Their reference is to previous "exchanges" and what you can do with them.
I’m losing track of what we are discussing here?
Are you saying you are unhappy that the II policy doesn’t specifically say you can’t do a late deposit of your MVC week if it takes place prior to 5/15? II deals will so many different brands and resorts and they all have their own rules. It’s not uncommon that they don’t detail the specifics of each one.
MVC resorts are not accepting new reservations right now so it makes sense that II doesn’t want you to deposit in a u it that won’t be used.
I’ll add again that I think MVC is offering a good deal- they are giving you a replacement for a week of yours that no one will use and they are doubling your booking period. Those with II exchange replacement weeks will be limited to 60 day advance so you will have an advantage booking at 120 days. I’m surprised the MVC advisor you spoke to this morning couldn’t tell you if there were restrictions on the deposit they will make for you.
Good luck, stay well.

Last edited:

dickgregory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Veteran
Are you saying you are unhappy that the II policy doesn’t specifically say you can’t do a late deposit of your MVC week if it takes place prior to 5/15? II deals will so many different brands and resorts and they all have their own rules. It’s not uncommon that they don’t detail the specifics of each one.
If I’m reading you right what you have right now is an owners reservation with MVC so MVC is who you need to deal with.
I’ll add again that I think MVC is offering a good deal- they are giving you a replacement for a week of yours that no one will use and they are doubling your booking period. Those with II exchange replacement weeks will be limited to 60 day advance so you will have an advantage booking at 120 days. I’m surprised the MVC advisor you spoke to this morning couldn’t tell you if there were restrictions on the deposit they will make for you.
Good luck, stay well.

Yes, I was not only surprised the agent could NOT tell me the restrictions on the MVC certificate but also that MVC does NOT show the restriction detail for the Certificate on their website. Most companies provide a pop-up icon you click on to show these kind of details. It's such a simple thing to do unless you don't want people to know the details. Working in the blind here!

A prior post on this thread said the Accommodation Certificate is restricted to exclude many popular destinations including Hawaii, much of Florida, California and other popular areas. The thread also indicated many blackout dates. If this is an accurate description of the new MVC certificate, I don't want it. If I could still make a new deposit into Interval it would not have this restriction on destinations and dates. The only restriction would be that it cannot be exchanged for check-in more than 59 days beyond the date of exchange. I thought I had up until 14 days prior to my currently scheduled check-in to do my due diligence to get all the facts straight. However, another posting on this thread stated Interval changed their requirement to 30 days from 14 days. I'm exactly 30 days away from check-in. Another option is to do nothing and hope Hawaii is open for travel on May 9th and that our Governor here in Washington doesn't extend his May 4th quarantine. If it's not safe to travel I'm okay staying home but just need good factual information on what I can and cannot do through MVC and Interval (owned by MVC).

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of confusion right now with MVC deposits and Interval exchanges. I don’t know anything about MVC deposits or owner weeks. But what I do know, from personal experience, is that when you are given an AC, yes there are restrictions on where you can trade into, but I could view all the way into December.

hulachic

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOC
Yes, I was not only surprised the agent could NOT tell me the restrictions on the MVC certificate but also that MVC does NOT show the restriction detail for the Certificate on their website. Most companies provide a pop-up icon you click on to show these kind of details. It's such a simple thing to do unless you don't want people to know the details. Working in the blind here!

A prior post on this thread said the Accommodation Certificate is restricted to exclude many popular destinations including Hawaii, much of Florida, California and other popular areas. The thread also indicated many blackout dates. If this is an accurate description of the new MVC certificate, I don't want it. If I could still make a new deposit into Interval it would not have this restriction on destinations and dates. The only restriction would be that it cannot be exchanged for check-in more than 59 days beyond the date of exchange. I thought I had up until 14 days prior to my currently scheduled check-in to do my due diligence to get all the facts straight. However, another posting on this thread stated Interval changed their requirement to 30 days from 14 days. I'm exactly 30 days away from check-in. Another option is to do nothing and hope Hawaii is open for travel on May 9th and that our Governor here in Washington doesn't extend his May 4th quarantine. If it's not safe to travel I'm okay staying home but just need good factual information on what I can and cannot do through MVC and Interval (owned by MVC).
We spoke to an II rep on Monday and she also couldn't say what if any restrictions come with the 120 day window deposit. She said she had "heard" MVC was offering a special deal to owners with certain check in dates but she didn't know any specifics at all. You would think reps would be given all the information needed to answer questions from MVC owners but apparently not. She said we would need to contact MVC when we are ready to cancel and they would take care of the II deposit. Our MOC owner week check in is just past where MVC is offering the 120 day window deposit. Also, we wanted to confirm exchange fee for the 59 day window deposit as MVC cancellation policy doesn't mention it ($154 Marriott to Marriott or $209 for outside Marriott).

When we spoke to MVC a week ago the rep also neglected to mention anything about restrictions. He suggested we wait until mid-month to see if they moved out the date to our week so we would get the better 120 day window deal [his opinion]. When I brought up that I'd heard there was restrictions with that he kind of skirted the issue. He kept saying we should wait and try to get the 120 day window because we get twice the window and only a $99 exchange fee which is way better. I never got him to confirm or deny the Hawaii, California and Florida restrictions, only that any restrictions there "might be" could change as the Covid-19 cancellation policy keeps adjusting to the conditions. I understand your frustration. We're right there with you as we too have been trying to get all the details that aren't listed in the policy with only limited success.

sportsfan1

TUG Member
Reaction score
MVC resorts are not accepting new reservations right now so it makes sense that II doesn’t want you to deposit in a u it that won’t be used.
Good luck, stay well.
So I was told by MVC to deposit my MGV early-April week to II just prior to them announcing that they will deposit with a 120-day window. So I only have 60-day visibility. I wonder if they will change that visibility for me given the policy change?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So I was told by MVC to deposit my MGV early-April week to II just prior to them announcing that they will deposit with a 120-day window. So I only have 60-day visibility. I wonder if they will change that visibility for me given the policy change?
Probably not. Usually whatever policy in effect when you make the decision to cancel is what applies. They don't very often make policies retroactive. Kinda like the coupon saying "not valid on prior purchases"

However, you could make a new trade in side of 60 days and then ask to have that cancelled. The new cancellation certificate should have the 120 rule. However, if your week isn't enrolled, you will incur a fee. If your week is enrolled, there is never a need to cancel, just keep retrading out further. Of course, now that you have cancelled, that no longer applies.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably not. Usually whatever policy in effect when you make the decision to cancel is what applies. They don't very often make policies retroactive. Kinda like the coupon saying "not valid on prior purchases"

However, you could make a new trade in side of 60 days and then ask to have that cancelled. The new cancellation certificate should have the 120 rule. However, if your week isn't enrolled, you will incur a fee. If your week is enrolled, there is never a need to cancel, just keep retrading out further. Of course, now that you have cancelled, that no longer applies.

If you make a reservation within 60 days out and cancel it, it will get 120 days, I did that and it worked. Dioxide45 is correct.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Where does the MVC COVID II certificate show up in our II account? Does it show just like a normal AC certificate? Or under our units linked to a deposit..or?

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what MVC will do for a weeks reservation, that MVC cancels?