• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introducing HGV Max — Our New Membership Program (Official announcement from HGVC)

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I took pics of the laminated HGV Max sales brochure. Attached below. I hope you can zoom and read. Some shots were in other threads.
Could you upload it as Imgur album and post a link here? This forum resizes the pictures and the text is very hard to read.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we have an estimate as to when HGVC will publish information about Max?

Right now we have a lot of information sourced from salesmen and we all know how potential true that can be. As long as HGVC haven’t published anything in writing they could potentially change how the system works.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I only own one resale legacy deed, if I had to turn it in to have the points become Max points the downside would be MFpp no? Mine are now 8 cents a point, Max are 22cents! Even if I buy pure Max points to get in my blended rate goes up.

I will be happy just to keep my legacy deed and stay at the legacy resort thank you very much, at my age I've got about 12 more years of travel then I'm selling.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

It appears that Max doesn't change any of this for you except a minor risk if you book a popular unit during club season and Max Elite 10 month requests take all the units (low probability for the next 5 - 15+ years). Why? Because:
  1. We know the number of Elite's is small
  2. The number of Max Elites will be even smaller (how many will pay $10k+ to buy in?)
  3. The odds of Max Elites using their limited loyalty requests
    1. For your exact unit (n out of n units need to be reserved via loyalty request e.g. 10 out of 10 units odds)
    2. On the same dates (1 out of 52 weeks odds)
is even smaller.

Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy your vacations!

If you want DRI access MAX is one avenue, but you have to evaluate if spending more to get it is worth it vs. renting or trading RCI. (probably not in your case).

Just to clarify, the MF is not .22 cents. You would be trading into a new retail deed with the MF attached to that. Eventually when they transition to a points trust program like MVC's the MF is expected to be .22 cents per point for new buyers at sales offices. The trust points program has not been announced. Deeds/resale are the most cost effective and safest way to go.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

Right now we have a lot of information sourced from salesmen and we all know how potential true that can be. As long as HGVC haven’t published anything in writing they could potentially change how the system works.

I’m not sure I’ve seen an estimate. About the only truth or fact is Hilton backing up the sales staff saying current new purchases will get MAX included. After that, it’s anyones guess what’s really real and what’s sales staff embellishment. After all, fear is their #1 sales tool and the vast majority of owners will get burned by it like moths flying into a flame

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I’m not sure I’ve seen an estimate. About the only truth or fact is Hilton backing up the sales staff saying current new purchases will get MAX included. After that, it’s anyones guess what’s really real and what’s sales staff embellishment. After all, fear is their #1 sales tool and the vast majority of owners will get burned by it like moths flying into a flame
Supposedly a Q3 update is coming according to the sales rep last week.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
If I want Embarc regularly ie annually, best way is to buy Embarc, right? Not about to do that, i don't have the inclination to learn a whole new system, but buying HGV to get access to Embarc seems illogical.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

What we have seen might be all we will see unless you buy in and actually start using Max in a practical sense. We may see announcements of new resorts when they come online as HVC, but that might be the extent of it. Timeshare companies often lack transparency. They won't publish how they manage Max inventory behind the scenes. What we have is probably all we will get.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What we have seen might be all we will see unless you buy in and actually start using Max in a practical sense. We may see announcements of new resorts when they come online as HVC, but that might be the extent of it. Timeshare companies often lack transparency. They won't publish how they manage Max inventory behind the scenes. What we have is probably all we will get.
First there has to be a website for them to log into, which doesn't exist yet. There are people who are "in" Max right now but can't log into anything other than what we have now. This is either a very sloppy rollout or an intentionally vague process to drive sales.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
First there has to be a website for them to log into, which doesn't exist yet. There are people who are "in" Max right now but can't log into anything other than what we have now. This is either a very sloppy rollout or an intentionally vague process to drive sales.
I suspect the latter. But aside from a website for Max owners, I doubt non Max owners will be given many more details except what they find out at a sales presentation.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK. I’m usually pretty good at technology but I’ve never used that app. I think I did it right. Link below.

Thank you for doing this. I still can't read the fine print at the bottom. I wanted to see if there is a statement saying, "this is all BS and we really don't know yet what will be in the Elite Max program". :)

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is
Thank you for doing this. I still can't read the fine print at the bottom. I wanted to see if there is a statement saying, "this is all BS and we really don't know yet what will be in the Elite Max program". :)
Here is the fine print

First Photo;
*HGV Max Benefit available late 2022. Existing Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members retain current Hilton Honors Conversion.
**Proposed HGV Max features. Availability may vary based on product ownership. Timing of availability for all Members not currently available.

Second Photo;
*HGV Max Benefit available late 2022. Existing Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members retain current Hilton Honors Conversion.
**Proposed HGV Max features. Availability may vary based on product ownership. Timing of availability for all Members not currently available.

Third Photo;

Fourth Photo;
*HGV Max Benefit available late 2022.

Fifth Photo; Fine print is cut off

Sixth Photo;
*HGV Max Benefit available late 2022.
1. Complementary guest certificates will be provided as part of the bundled fee (depending on tier) and additional certificates will be available for purchase at select resorts.
2. At inclusive events, members will receive benefits such a s preferential seating, VIP treatment, etc., Including exclusive Elite Experiential offers, also includes invitation only partner events and intimate events that bring together small groups to bond over special interests (e.g., Games Beard foundation dinners, tour of the Tiffany's archival vault)

Seventh Photo; No fine print or cut off.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Proposed HGV Max features. Availability may vary based on product ownership. Timing of availability for all Members not currently available.
This is the legalize of what I said could be there. :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many of the 400,000 DRI Owners understand what is going with the Hilton acquisition of DRI?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
So it appears:

1) The first two slides are for HGV Conversions "HGV Member enhanced tiers"
2) Slide 3 "Future state" may be items they are working on but not official for HGV owners (hence, could be BS)
3) Slides 4 - 5 "The CLUB Enhanced Tiers" appear to be what DRI owners get
4) Slide 6 "Future State" I surmise but it is not stated, is for DRI owners since it follows "The CLUB" slides.

Thank you @Smclaugh99. This is more information in writing than HGV has given to date. :(

We are hoping to attend a presentation in the next few months so it helps to be informed so we can make an educated decision as to whether this makes sense for us.

In the meantime, we are going to enjoy our legacy ownership and our inexpensive resale points.

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So it appears:

1) The first two slides are for HGV Conversions "HGV Member enhanced tiers"
2) Slide 3 "Future state" may be items they are working on but not official for HGV owners (hence, could be BS)
3) Slides 4 - 5 "The CLUB Enhanced Tiers" appear to be what DRI owners get
4) Slide 6 "Future State" I surmise but it is not stated, is for DRI owners since it follows "The CLUB" slides.

Thank you @Smclaugh99. This is more information in writing than HGV has given to date. :(

If you look at the language from the contract that I posted, "The Club" is HGV Max.

1650212817408.png

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If you look at the language from the contract that I posted, "The Club" is HGV Max.

View attachment 52175

Ugh! Good point. DRI also known as "The CLUB"? (and of course not to be confused with "By Hilton Club" or HGVC!)

"The CLUB" slide categories are almost a repeat of the first two slides but in different order e.g. "Larger Brand Resort Portfolio" on the CLUB page has added wording "Additional...HGV and Hilton Club locations." which I surmise is targeted to DRI owners because that wouldn't make sense for HGV Legacy.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ugh! Isn't DRI also known as "The CLUB"? (and of course not to be confused with "By Hilton Club" or HGVC!)

"The CLUB" slide categories are almost a repeat of the first two slides but in different order e.g. "Larger Brand Resort Portfolio" on the CLUB page has added wording "Additional...HGV and Hilton Club locations." which I surmise is targeted to DRI owners because that wouldn't make sense for HGV Legacy.
THE Club that HGV Max will be using is operated By Diamond Resorts International. I have a great suspicion that Max is just going to be using the exact same club that exists today under DRI. They aren't creating anything new except the 6 month booking window for Max reservations.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
How many bHC/HGVC members were there before the merger with DRI?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Maybe everyone else could read the sales floor language better than me. The details were a blur for me.

How does the limited number of 10 month requests work for elites? Is the number allowed a total for a year or how many can be used concurrently at any given time.

I have accused RCI of being fee hungry, but on the points side everyone has free unlimited OGDs once prepaying the exchange fee. In platinum ($100 per year or whatever) it is unlimited without a requirement to prepay.

It appears that Max doesn't change any of this for you except a minor risk if you book a popular unit during club season and Max Elite 10 month requests take all the units (low probability for the next 5 - 15+ years). Why? Because:
  1. We know the number of Elite's is small
  2. The number of Max Elites will be even smaller (how many will pay $10k+ to buy in?)
  3. The odds of Max Elites using their limited loyalty requests
    1. For your exact unit (n out of n units need to be reserved via loyalty request e.g. 10 out of 10 units odds)
    2. On the same dates (1 out of 52 weeks odds)
is even smaller.

Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy your vacations!

If you want DRI access MAX is one avenue, but you have to evaluate if spending more to get it is worth it vs. renting or trading RCI. (probably not in your case).

Just to clarify, the MF is not .22 cents. You would be trading into a new retail deed with the MF attached to that. Eventually when they transition to a points trust program like MVC's the MF is expected to be .22 cents per point for new buyers at sales offices. The trust points program has not been announced. Deeds/resale are the most cost effective and safest way to go.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@HuskerATL and @dioxide45 Great observations! So it appears that Max gives HGV owners rights directly into existing inventory for DRI "The CLUB" via a mini-portal. This suggests this an exchange system between the two inventory programs and not a separate inventory pool like MVC's DP deed enrollment program. (So Max is superior to MVC's DP program because you get access to all inventory available at 6 months at HGV DRI approved resorts not the subset of weeks that MAX owners deposit).

Now we need to understand if HGVC MAX owners continue to have rights to all existing HGVC inventory once the portal is launched. If DRI contracts are a mirror of this wording but for HGVC, then this confirms this is an exchange program.

No wonder they are having difficulties with integrating Embarc! Embarc owners rejected The CLUB via legal action so cannot legally combine. In the fall Embarc owners accepted HGVC so HGV has no choice but to:

1) Integrate Embarc into HGVs Legacy pool (Yes, please! but would be a mini exchange since Embarc is points vs. deeds) How would The CLUB Max owners access?)
2) Set up a third access pool in MAX to Embarc (expensive and complicated by adding another inventory pool to sync points usage and reservation holds across 3 systems.)
3) Keep Embarc entirely separate and try to upsell Embarc owners to HGVC or the CLUB. Hard to do.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score