• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introducing HGV Max — Our New Membership Program (Official announcement from HGVC)

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
@HuskerATL, what were the MFs listed in this contract?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
@HuskerATL, what were the MFs listed in this contract?

About $1600. It is for a platinum Kohala Suites 2 bedroom Premier. I am away from the house but can look when I get home for the exact number. It was just a little less than my two gold Blvds combined which is about $1,800. I would have went from 16,000 points to 15,360.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
About $1600. It is for a platinum Kohala Suites 2 bedroom Premier.

OK, thanks. It looks like it should be around $1758.93. I don't see this as being a trust. The MFs being stated (@HuskerATL, check when you get home) are for deeded HGVC property. I see this as being an exchange program between HGVC and DRI (with a required purchase in order to be included in this exchange program).

Kohala Suites / All 2BR units (from out 2022 MFs Sticky).

2022 Operating Fee $1,203.75
2022 Reserve Fee $398.71
2022 Real Estate Tax $80.96
2022 Hawaii GE Tax $75.51

Total $1758.93

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, thanks. It looks like it should be around $1758.93. I don't see this as being a trust. The MFs being stated (@HuskerATL, check when you get home) are for deeded HGVC property. I see this as being an exchange program between HGVC and DRI (with a required purchase in order to be included in this exchange program).

2022 Reserve Fee $398.71

Total $1758.93
You are correct. It is for a deed not into a trust. I don't think the trust/point system is rolled out yet.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I just did a owner’s update at Parc Soleil today. Mainly wanted to get info on the Max program but not expecting to make any moves. As a background. I became Elite Premier (36,600 old points, 58,560 new) in October 2021. Of course that was mere months before the program went into effect, lol. I also have resale deeds (26,250 old, 42,000 new). The vast majority of my ownership is purposefully New York-based (HCNY, West 57th, The Quin). My current ownership would be HGV Max Premier Plus in the new system. Things that I clarified:
  • Retail points only will count towards the Max Elite tiers. However once you are in, the total number of points (including resale) are usable in the Max program. I clarified that twice. Future resale deeds be added to the usable point total.
  • There are surprisingly a number of ballers who are shelling out $500k++ to get to Centum.
  • You can choose not to ever go into the Max program and use existing ownership. However all future properties (including the Embarc properties) and upcoming bHC locations will only be available if you are part of Max.
  • The $7k entry without a purchase is the lowest “introductory” price possible and dependent upon what deeds you own (including number of deeds). I have 7 deeds. They said bHC ownership will be well over $10,000 to convert if no purchase is made. I should’ve hammered that point down a little more with them.
  • Apparently within Max, there will be legitimate benefits/discounts in terms of cruises, other travel, special events as well as access to Quintess collection of properties. Though I’m highly suspicious since none of their prior perks have been worth the hassle or the hullabaloo.
  • Future properties will be in a trust and points-based, not deed-based. Maintenance fees will be more for those.
The Offer
I have 3 resale W57 weeks (2 studio plus platinum on one deed and 1 studio plus gold). After declining various offers, they offered to take back the gold week and upgrade to a platinum week for $15,000. MF would be the same. Equity from the gold is $31,000. I paid $760 on eBay in 2019. This would enroll me in Max for close to what I would have to pay to enroll with no purchase. This would also “legitimize” one of my resales to retail, giving me almost 67,000 points to count toward Centum (though I cannot ever see myself getting to that level). [Edit: offer also included 25,600 bonus points]. I went ahead and did it. I’ve invested so much into this program already, it doesn’t make sense to not be available to access future opportunities, even though at this time, I am not interested in the other Diamond properties (other than Embarc). As with everything, YMMV.

Sean

Last edited:

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
22 cents per point

ROTFL! My average $0.10 MFpp is laughing.

And that's also the reason why MVC made zero sense to me. No reasonable ROI on either retail or resale purchases. With HGVC, no ROI on retail, but resale was only 1-2 years to break even - and later on full profit.

The same applies to HICV. A ridiculous acquisition price aside, their trust points maintenance fees buy you less compared to good HGVC deeds.

I only compared HGVC, HICV and MVC. Neither could beat resale HGVC.

2. HGVC Max Elite Search Requests all properties 10 months out

I highly doubt this will be a case. If anything, it will ONLY auto-book Max inventory, and not non-Max weeks inventory.

With this Max program existing elite members are the losers along with resales.. after spending all that cash being promised a better club with more destinations, they benefit zero from the merger!
Yes, but did resale owners contribute to the merger? No, we didn't pay ridiculous retail prices, which is what generates profit and can be put towards mergers. Resale owners pay pennies to HGVC for deed transfers, and pennies in annual fees. Retail buyers however, contributed to the merger but got nothing out of it, that is 100% true.

they offered to take back the gold week and upgrade to a platinum week for $15,000
Same MFs, but how many annual points did you give up and how many annual points were you given?

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a person in the FB group who had a small 3400 deed and upgraded for $7k and that got her in. She basically paid $7k to go from a biannual to an annual of the same size and got Max so there is a big range that they will do it.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I just did a owner’s update at Parc Soleil today. Mainly wanted to get info on the Max program but not expecting to make any moves. As a background. I became Elite Premier (36,600 old points, 58,560 new) in October 2021. Of course that was mere months before the program went into effect, lol. I also have resale deeds (26,250 old, 42,000 new). The vast majority of my ownership is purposefully New York-based (HCNY, West 57th, The Quin). My current ownership would be HGV Max Premier Plus in the new system. Things that I clarified:
  • Retail points only will count towards the Max Elite tiers. However once you are in, the total number of points (including resale) are usable in the Max program. I clarified that twice. Future resale deeds be added to the usable point total.
  • There are surprisingly a number of ballers who are shelling out $500k++ to get to Centum.
  • You can choose not to ever go into the Max program and use existing ownership. However all future properties (including the Embarc properties) and upcoming bHC locations will only be available if you are part of Max.
  • The $7k entry without a purchase is the lowest “introductory” price possible and dependent upon what deeds you own (including number of deeds). I have 7 deeds. They said bHC ownership will be well over $10,000 to convert if no purchase is made. I should’ve hammered that point down a little more with them.
  • Apparently within Max, there will be legitimate benefits/discounts in terms of cruises, other travel, special events as well as access to Quintess collection of properties. Though I’m highly suspicious since none of their prior perks have been worth the hassle or the hullabaloo.
  • Future properties will be in a trust and points-based, not deed-based. Maintenance fees will be more for those.
The Offer
I have 3 resale W57 weeks (2 studio plus platinum on one deed and 1 studio plus gold). After declining various offers, they offered to take back the gold week and upgrade to a platinum week for $15,000. MF would be the same. Equity from the gold is $31,000. I paid $760 on eBay in 2019. This would enroll me in Max for close to what I would have to pay to enroll with no purchase. This would also “legitimize” one of my resales to retail, giving me almost 67,000 points to count toward Centum (though I cannot ever see myself getting to that level). I went ahead and did it. I’ve invested so much into this program already, it doesn’t make sense to not be available to access future opportunities, even though at this time, I am not interested in the other Diamond properties (other than Embarc). As with everything, YMMV.

Sean
This, along with what @HuskerATL posted, provides great clarity. Except you stated all points go into Max, and it seems @HuskerATL indicated they can pick and choose. Regardless, of the 1,000,000+ threads on HGV Max, this has been the most informative for me.
We need the equivalent on the DRI forum (though I suspect it almost all applies).
Help me with the following scenario: existing owner purchases new and joins Max what is the disadvantage of having all points in Max? Does it really matter (beyond credit toward elite) if the previous purchases were resale prior to April 4th?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@HuskerATL indicated they can pick and choose.

Just to clarify. I don't know. I just saw the $199/contract fee and wondered if we get the option of deciding which go in. We probably don't. It is probably an all or nothing deal so my 8 contracts would cost me $1,600 plus the $281 plus the $7k.....I suspect.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
The Offer
I have 3 resale W57 weeks (2 studio plus platinum on one deed and 1 studio plus gold). After declining various offers, they offered to take back the gold week and upgrade to a platinum week for $15,000. MF would be the same. Equity from the gold is $31,000. I paid $760 on eBay in 2019. This would enroll me in Max for close to what I would have to pay to enroll with no purchase. This would also “legitimize” one of my resales to retail, giving me almost 67,000 points to count toward Centum (though I cannot ever see myself getting to that level). [Edit: offer also included 25,600 bonus points]. I went ahead and did it. I’ve invested so much into this program already, it doesn’t make sense to not be available to access future opportunities, even though at this time, I am not interested in the other Diamond properties (other than Embarc). As with everything, YMMV.

Sean

I totally forgot to include the 25,600 bonus points in my initial draft. That translates to about $2500 that I can use towards maintenance fees. So really my cost was closer to $12,500. Sorry for the late addition.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
This, along with what @HuskerATL posted, provides great clarity. Except you stated all points go into Max, and it seems @HuskerATL indicated they can pick and choose. Regardless, of the 1,000,000+ threads on HGV Max, this has been the most informative for me.
We need the equivalent on the DRI forum (though I suspect it almost all applies).
Help me with the following scenario: existing owner purchases new and joins Max what is the disadvantage of having all points in Max? Does it really matter (beyond credit toward elite) if the previous purchases were resale prior to April 4th?
I wouldn’t look at it as the HGVC club points suddenly become HGV Max points. I think it’s merely the existing points now have a bigger inventory to search through. But the points don’t get converted or separated into buckets or anything like that.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I wouldn’t look at it as the HGVC club points suddenly become HGV Max points. I think it’s merely the existing points now have a bigger inventory to search through. But the points don’t get converted or separated into buckets or anything like that.
Yea, mostly agree with this...at the 6-month point (as well as any new resorts added in the future).

ETA: if that is part of what you "gain", what's the downside (outside of no access to this inventory and having to pay for reservations) of not converting existing ownership to Max (or buying a resale that doesn't qualify)?

Last edited:

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club

Keeping with the old points (which to me is far easier) my 3750 West 57th Studio Plus Gold week was upgraded to 5250 Studio Plus Platinum week. Net gain of 1500 points. No change in maintenance fees. Cost of platinum is $46,000 and gold is $31,000. These were the identical prices that I remember back in 2010 When I first bought in at W. 57th.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Keeping with the old points (which to me is far easier) my 3750 West 57th Studio Plus Gold week was upgraded to 5250 Studio Plus Platinum week. Net gain of 1500 points. No change in maintenance fees. Cost of platinum is $46,000 and gold is $31,000. These were the identical prices that I remember back in 2010 When I first bought in at W. 57th.
OK, so you got:

- Max
- next Elite level
- extra 1,500 old / 2,400 new points for the same MF
- 25,600 bonus points of $2,560 value in MF credits.

Effectively, paying $12,350.
Hope it works out well for you.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I totally forgot to include the 25,600 bonus points in my initial draft. That translates to about $2500 that I can use towards maintenance fees. So really my cost was closer to $12,500. Sorry for the late addition.

They offered me 12,500....

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Smclaugh99 Very helpful. So your existing two resale 5250 W57 deeds that you did not convert can also be used in Max as points to reserve DRI right?

Lastly, you have full access to HGVC inventory, not just HGVC deeds opted onto Max as separate inventory? If so do you use HGVC portal same as today and then go into Max portal to book DRI inventory with same points?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

2022 Reserve Fee $398.71

Total $1758.93

Just looked in the contract and the Assessment Fee, is $1,683.42, exclusive of club dues, excise taxes, and the nightly Transient Accommodation Taxes so a bit more if you add in the taxes...$1,839.89. I wonder if it is a little more because it is the 2BR premier? Either way, I am glad that I didn't do it and went with the Scotland.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

agreed but it sounds like it will be a different portal though but you are right, it will probably be the same bucket of points.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
agreed but it sounds like it will be a different portal though but you are right, it will probably be the same bucket of points.
I think I saw it referred to as a "micro site" or something like that. I agree it'll be a different portal; it'll likely collate the inventory from the different systems based on the time from checkin.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I believe the portions below show HGVC’s true intentions on a la carte HVC Max Pricing.

There is little to no intent to actually sell the upgrade.

They simply have priced it that way as a tool to make developer purchases look more valuable.

• …….After declining various offers, they offered to take back the gold week and upgrade to a platinum week for $15,000. …….

This would enroll me in Max for close to what I would have to pay to enroll with no purchase.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Yea, mostly agree with this...at the 6-month point (as well as any new resorts added in the future).

ETA: if that is part of what you "gain", what's the downside (outside of no access to this inventory and having to pay for reservations) of not converting existing ownership to Max (or buying a resale that doesn't qualify)?
I only own one resale legacy deed, if I had to turn it in to have the points become Max points the downside would be MFpp no? Mine are now 8 cents a point, Max are 22cents! Even if I buy pure Max points to get in my blended rate goes up.

I will be happy just to keep my legacy deed and stay at the legacy resort thank you very much, at my age I've got about 12 more years of travel then I'm selling.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
@Smclaugh99 Very helpful. So your existing two resale 5250 W57 deeds that you did not convert can also be used in Max as points to reserve DRI right?

Lastly, you have full access to HGVC inventory, not just HGVC deeds opted onto Max as separate inventory? If so do you use HGVC portal same as today and then go into Max portal to book DRI inventory with same points?
Yes - once enrolled in Max, all points (including the resale) can be used just like normal across the HGVC properties. Not sure about the portal yet. Will take a bit of time for me to see the updates in my profile.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned