• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I have committed a horrible crime / Women Wanted!

alanraycole

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed two near perfect days in the sun!

After Thursday and especially Friday, I was wondering whether I would ever see the sun again... well, not exactly... but the rain was a bummer. According to noaa.gov, the rest of my week is probably going to be like my last two days! :clap:

Yesterday, I spent the day at Kealia and Anini Beaches. Today, I spent the whole day at the beach at Hanalei Bay. It's one of my favorites, and maybe my favorite, considering that it is probably the only Hawaiian beach where I can arrive at dawn and not even think of leaving till dusk... except to eat. At lunch and dinner I enjoyed quaint Hanalei, definitely my favorite Hawaiian town. I enjoyed Hanalei Gourmet and the Polynesian Cafe. Yesterday, I ate a nice breakfast at the Olympic Cafe and between my visits to the the two beaches, I ate lunch at the Lighthouse Bistro... one of my most enjoyable meals this visit.

Last edited:
V

Vacation Dude

Thank you for this refreshing advice. This contrast with the references in this thread to "impressing" women. If something I am or have or do happens to impress a woman, so be it. But, I find it offensive to do it on purpose. There is a line somewhere between correcting blemishes in character, looks, habits, career titles, etc. and doing something with the strict intention of impressing a woman. I think it is proper to avoid offense, but I would find it distasteful to cross that line into being something that I am not to impress.

Don't take this the wrong way but - Perhaps you are using the wrong "bait" or need to modify your "courtship behavior"

I hate to inform you that that "courtship" is the "way of the world" and the general order of natural selection in the animal world.

Just watch Animal Planet or Discovery Channel and you will see marvelous animal adaptations simply to court their mate.

Here are some interesting reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtship

http://reference.aol.com/planet-earth/discovery/animal-courtship

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761595481/Animal_Courtship_and_Mating.html

Here is a great example of someone trying to impress the ladies

DKMMNature-Bird-Peacock-Courtship.gif

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but - Perhaps you are using the wrong "bait" or need to modify your "courtship behavior"

I hate to inform you that that "courtship" is the "way of the world" and the general order of natural selection in the animal world.

Just watch Animal Planet or Discovery Channel and you will see marvelous animal adaptations simply to court their mate.

Here are some interesting reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtship

http://reference.aol.com/planet-earth/discovery/animal-courtship

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761595481/Animal_Courtship_and_Mating.html

Here is a great example of someone trying to impress the ladies

DKMMNature-Bird-Peacock-Courtship.gif

Great post, and rather fitting for this thread.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I loved your subject header...one of the best ever on TUG! So, here's my idea...use those 2 brs to spread out your stuff all over the place...be a MAN! My husband could tell you about how I try to get him to keep his dirty socks in one area and place his shoes in a closet or under a coffee table so I won't trip over them. Etc etc. Being on your own, with two bedrooms all to yourself, you can spread out with no apologies! Enjoy yourself! :whoopie:

V

Vacation Dude

I loved your subject header...one of the best ever on TUG! So, here's my idea...use those 2 brs to spread out your stuff all over the place...be a MAN! My husband could tell you about how I try to get him to keep his dirty socks in one area and place his shoes in a closet or under a coffee table so I won't trip over them. Etc etc. Being on your own, with two bedrooms all to yourself, you can spread out with no apologies! Enjoy yourself! :whoopie:

ok...I will one-up your suggestion, assuming the second room is still empty.

Use the second room as ---- THE NAKED ROOM

Remember the ending of the movie "Failure To Launch" when Terry Bradshaw takes over Mathew McConaughey bedroom and converts it into his Naked Room...hilarious.

V

Vacation Dude

According to noaa.gov, the rest of my week is probably going to be like my last two days! :clap:

Alan, you have not updated us this past week. I am thinking this is one of two possibilities:

1. The timeshare you are in has no Internet
2. You got lucky!!!!

Inquiring minds want to know what's happeneing

V

Vacation Dude

Alan, you have not updated us this past week. I am thinking this is one of two possibilities:

1. The timeshare you are in has no Internet
2. You got lucky!!!!

Inquiring minds want to know what's happeneing

Wow...this story has really gone cold.

Any updates?

V

Vacation Dude

What a big let down on this story. All of that buildup to this...nothing.

According to Alan's User Profile - Last Activity: February 1, 2009 09:00 PM

Therefore, he has been logging in, but not posting as his last post was January 19, 2009

Dear Alan - I know things are probably busy for you at the furniture store after your several week trip to Hawaii, but we TUGers want to read a conclusion to your story.

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot about this thread until your post Dude. Give us some updates Alan, your adoring fans await!

alanraycole

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Final Week

Although no women joined me, I enjoyed North Shore beaches every day of my last week. Fortunately, the sun was my friend. I usually enjoyed two beaches a day... one in the morning that varied from day to day and then Hanalei Bay in the afternoon. One exception was a tour to the rice mill and tarro farm Wednesday morning. I usually ate at one of the Hanalei restaurants for lunch and dinner.

I spent more time on beaches this trip than on any previous trip. The more I visit Hawaii, the more that it seems that enjoying the beaches and the coast in general is almost all that matters... or, maybe, it was just the way I felt this trip.

Last edited:

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you had a good time. While it's wonderful to share a vacation with someone else, it's also nice to be able to come and go and do exactly as you please, with no compromises as to your daily itinerary. Both scenarios are wonderful in their own ways.

Enjoy which ever situation you find yourself in.

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with beach time in Hawaii. Great to hear you had fun Alan.