• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I have committed a horrible crime / Women Wanted!

alanraycole

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I spent the whole afternoon at the beach in Hanalei.

It was lively with sunbathers, surfers, a volleyball game, and even a football game. I don't know which I like better, an active beach or a private beach. Both suit me at different times. Yesterday, was the first beach active day. Ke'e beach was mildly active the other day, but not so much. Anini the other day was surprisingly quiet as well. I haven't yet decided which beach I'll visit today.

Today, in about an hour, I'm going to hear the latest on Wyndham at Bali Hai Villas. I guess I just like talking about timeshares... and the $100 bucks for dining. So far, I haven't been too happy with the restaurants this trip. I've eaten at the Kalypso, Polynesian Cafe, Hanalei Gourmet, the place at Hanalei Colony Resort, and Tappas. The only two that were a treat based on my most recent visit was the place at Hanalei Colony Resort and Hanalei Gourmet. At the Hanalei Gourmet, I had an ideal Reuben. At the Hanalei Colony Resort, I enjoyed a vegetarian dish. I have eaten at the Polynesian Cafe dozens of times in the past and have always loved their food. This time, however, the chicken was tough and I suspect reheated or maybe even a leftover from a previous day. With my Wyndham bucks, I plan on eating at Seville's (or whatever it is now called) and Postcards. Those two places have always been great... but I'll let you know if that has changed.

Well, gotta jet. Gotta wash up for my date with Wyndham!:eek:

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not worth it to listen to Wyndham's spiel although they were less swarmy than the past few times. Eat in Kapaa or Lihue, although Hanalei Dolphin is nice.

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Restaurant on Kauai!

The critics were right! I ate at the second time at the Mediteranian Gourmet at the Hanalei Colony Resort. This time I noticed the sign that read, "Voted Best Restaurant on Kauai, 2008." The food was genuinely delicious. The view is great as well. The ocean waves aren't much farther than right outside the window.

I ate at Hanalei Dolphin yesterday. It was OK... but keep in mind, I am not a seafood fan. Most others consider it one of the best.

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ke'e Beach at Sunset

KeeBeachSunset3_small1.jpg

This to commemorate the last night of my first week. Tomorrow, I go from the Shearwater to the Lawai.

Last edited:

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
First Day at the Lawai Beach Resort

Another Resort, another crime! This place, too, is too nice to be here by myself in a large 2 bedroom unit... the "Executive Suite."

LawaiRoomView_small.jpg

Below is just beyond the pool looking up to the room.

LawaiViewToRoom_small.jpg

Yes, it is ocean view!

LawaiDiningView_small.jpg

This monk seal, pictured on Lawai Beach today, is the only gal who has wanted to take me up on my offer to share my vacation with a lovely lady.

LawaiMonkSeal.jpg

hibbert6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a Singles Scene

Brother, I feel your pain!

15 years ago, when I was still single, I went to Maui with my folks. After dinner each night, I went to clubs and such. During the day I did activities, went snorkeling, etc. Saw LOTS of people, but very few single women. It was depressing (well, as depressing as the islands can be, anyway...). And Maui is much more "happening" than Kauai.

But now for the "up" side - the restaurant across the street from your new place, called "Roys", is excellent, and expensive.

So, in the meantime, look for the upside. You're at the ideal place to meditate on all the good stuff you have, and be awed by God's creation.

Gotta go with the upside....:D

Dave

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
The restaurant across the street from Lawai Beach Resort is the Beach House, and yes, it is very expensive!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
The Beach House often requires a reservation.

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Beach House is expensive and VERY crowded!

I ate without a reservation in the bar area amongst a constant throng coming and going and jumping onto empty stools a split second after the last person got up.... just a little toooooo popular!

You would think that a place that connot properly accommodate its literally overwhelming customer numbers would expand its hours to both spread the demand out and reap even more rewards for having great food in a great location. Not expanding hours is like leaving found money on the ground.

Here is the Beach House from my Lanai at the Lawai.
LawaiLanaiBeachHouseView_small.jpg

Last edited:

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am already subscribed to two dating sites.

Perhaps you should list your offer on Craigs List

I have regular communication with a half dozen women on one of those sites... eHarmony... but, nothing has come from it. It most certainly has a lot to do with the distance away of all my "matches." I have had an open invitation in my profile for all matches to join me on my trips. I have, a couple of times, given personal invitations as well. No takers... reason given... too risky. Ironically, I have no idea how we are ever likely to meet if not on a vacation. Let's face it, if they aren't willing to join me in Hawaii, they aren't likely to join me in the middle of nowhere Ohio. Likewise, I don't really want to risk going to generic locations in TN, WI, TX, etc. to meet them in their home towns. What if we don't hit it off after meeting? After traveling all that way, just turn around and go home? Rather, I would like to meet distant "matched" women in a vacation destination. That way, if we don't hit off, we just enjoy our vacations apart... makes since to me anyway. Just like on here, I have suggested that they bring gal pals, so they won't be meeting a stranger alone. Practically risk free, as I see it. The biggest risk is that they might have to find their own lodging if they find no interest in me... they could even start that way... each having our own lodging, just in case we don't hit it off. The other obvious reason women would have for meeting meeting me in a vacation spot is the myriad of activities available to enjoy together... so we can get to know each other.

To all even slightly interested women... speaking of getting to know each other, I live in Lake Waynoka. I manage my parents furniture store, Cole Furniture, in Mount Orab, Ohio. (They are now retiring at age 70, with 52 years of the happiest marriage I have ever observed, and after 35 years in business.) I am also on Facebook and MySpace... I am not a mystery... at least I try not to be.

So why post this here? This is the only forum that I visit regulary... which is to say the only forum I visit more than once a year. The reason for posting here and my somewhat frequent activity on TUG is that this site suits me. This site is all about travel and I like travel. Travel is my major hobby/interest/diversion, well, except my three dogs. I like talking to people who like talking about travel. What a better place to find a kindred spirit?

Last edited:

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we move this to off-topic now? I'll leave the rest of my comments to myself, been laughing pretty hard already.

missmarie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep up the internet dating

!st , let me say that when I stayed at Lawai, it never looked that awesome. Good for you. 2nd...I know a lot of people, including myself that have met really neat people on the online dating services.(marrying my internet date in March) I don't know about services that hook you up with women that may not even speak english, sounds like they are looking for a sugar daddy, until they acclimated to the U.S. , then split!
I think those sites are for those guys that want someone that will be obligated to them, and in turn let them control them. Watch the movie "Cowboy De Amor".

Best of luck

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
To all even slightly interested women... speaking of getting to know each other, I live in Lake Waynoka. I manage my parents furniture store, Cole Furniture, in Mount Orab, Ohio. (They are now retiring at age 70, with 52 years of the happiest marriage I have ever observed, and after 35 years in business.) I am also on Facebook and MySpace... I am not a mystery... at least I try not to be.

So why post this here? This is the only forum that I visit regulary... which is to say the only forum I visit more than once a year. The reason for posting here and my somewhat frequent activity on TUG is that this site suits me. This site is all about travel and I like travel. Travel is my major hobby/interest/diversion, well, except my three dogs. I like talking to people who like talking about travel. What a better place to find a kindred spirit?

Alan I am going to have to refer this to an Admin. for review - it may violate the TUG "no advertising rule." ;) Have you considered posting an Ad in the TUG Classifieds? :D

Good luck with your love life and the rest of your vacation!

(And yes, I am KIDDING!) :hi:

evanalan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Alan,
I've also been reading the communication, and doing some laughing, and I, too, am happily married with two sons (tug id).

How can you possibly be single?
You sound like a great guy. From my perspective, though, here is my two cents worth...

One of your photos shows blue? tinted glasses. Tinted glasses are effective in hiding your very important eyes to a prospective mate. Tinted glasses come across as saying "go away", or "I don't want you to know who I am".

It sounds like you love to eat good (as do I), but that you have very high expectations in the quality. But what if your soul mate wants to serve KD once in awhile? Maybe she won't make your high grade. How to turn that into a positive? Take a cooking class back in Ohio. I am sure lots of single women take them. A man who knows how to cook looks very good to a prospective mate.

We just bought our first timeshare on Kauai, and that's why I am on this site. Hope to see you paired up soon.
Best of Luck
Arlene

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One of your photos shows blue? tinted glasses. Tinted glasses are effective in hiding your very important eyes to a prospective mate. Tinted glasses come across as saying "go away", or "I don't want you to know who I am".

Arlene: don't forget about the snake. Maybe I've got the wrong impression through the years, but I think most of the women I've met don't see a picture of a guy with a snake and think to themselves, "A snake!!! Just the man I've been waiting for!!!" Or course, I do have to admit that I haven't had much contact with herpitoligistresses in my life.

Herpitologistress??? Sounds like something you might encounter in an alley near Times Square, or through a Craigslist classified, doesn't it??? Or maybe in the Rolodex of a New York elected official.

Last edited:

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want to give the wrong impression!

Since I have given off at least a couple wrong impressions, for better or for worse, here are some clarifications...

I am ultimately looking for the kind of woman who would prefer living in a cozy beach cottage rather than the most extravagant mansion in the most exclusive neighborhood of any given city. I am looking for a simple life submerged in love and nature. I'm also looking for the woman who, if she had millions of dollars, would not be surrounded with diamonds and gold, but with the people she's helped.

I am looking for a woman happy with herself and who is not needy or demanding. She finds happiness in adventure and the man with whom she shares it. She does not need pampering and to be spoiled with gifts of THINGS to feel loved, respected, and appreciated. She knows she is loved, respected, and appreciated when she and the man she loves are both smiling and occasionally burst out into joyous laughter as they admire each other. Of course, she savors his company and knows he loves and enjoys hers by just the look in his eye. I am looking for true love, not a series of love-proving tests.

How can you possibly be single? You sound like a great guy.

In the interest of a fuller disclosure, I'll admit to a few faults... I work too much, I am not Mr. Fixit, I am generally unconventional, I don't like seafood, and in my daily life, I live very simply. Although I live in a gated community, the neighborhood has a very wide range of house values ranging from maybe $50K to $500K. I like my daily life nice and simple, so mine is about at the bottom of that range. I moved there for the rec center, the lake, and the big yard.

About the snake... I was walking in Miami's South Beach from dinner back to my HGVC condo when a guy asked me if I wanted my picture taken with his snake for $20. I had never held a large snake before, so I grabbed the opportunity... with one condition... he had to take two pictures... one with his Polaroid and one with my cell phone, so I would have a digital copy. It happened to be one of the few pictures of myself on my computer, so I used it. That is the beginning, middle, and end of the snake photo story.

I wear tinted glasses because one of my dogs chewed up my regular glasses. Instead of buying a new pair, I have just been wearing my prescription sunglasses. I'll eventually get around to buying a new pair of regular glasses, I promise. To tell you the truth, it doesn't even cross my mind until someone comments on it, like has just been done.

It sounds like you love to eat good (as do I), but that you have very high expectations in the quality. But what if your soul mate wants to serve KD once in awhile? Maybe she won't make your high grade.

The groceries in my house are more likely to be canned soup, peanut butter, jam, bread, and ice cream than anything else. The restaurants around work and home are limited to fast food. Usually, I eat at them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Therefore, while on vacation, I enjoy making up for the deficiencies in good food that I face the rest of the year. That can generally be said about all vacation related issues. I love to live large in lodging, food, and fun on vacation. At home, there are very few people who live any simpler than I. My vacations for me are true breaks from reality.

Last edited:

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arlene: don't forget about the snake. Maybe I've got the wrong impression through the years, but I think most of the women I've met don't see a picture of a guy with a snake and think to themselves, "A snake!!! Just the man I've been waiting for!!!" Or course, I do have to admit that I haven't had much contact with herpitoligistresses in my life.

I think it would have to depend on what kind of snake, Steve.

Seriously. Any potential friend or mate wouldn't care about snakes or sunglasses. They would care about if he was serious and what his values are.

But yeah, there's always first impressions.

There's always www.plentyoffish.com as a free site for American women, I guess. Good luck with that, Alan.

-David

taffy19

Reaction score
I have regular communication with a half dozen women on one of those sites... eHarmony... but, nothing has come from it. It most certainly has a lot to do with the distance away of all my "matches." I have had an open invitation in my profile for all matches to join me on my trips. I have, a couple of times, given personal invitations as well. No takers... reason given... too risky. Ironically, I have no idea how we are ever likely to meet if not on a vacation. Let's face it, if they aren't willing to join me in Hawaii, they aren't likely to join me in the middle of nowhere Ohio. Likewise, I don't really want to risk going to generic locations in TN, WI, TX, etc. to meet them in their home towns. What if we don't hit it off after meeting? After traveling all that way, just turn around and go home? Rather, I would like to meet distant "matched" women in a vacation destination. That way, if we don't hit off, we just enjoy our vacations apart... makes since to me anyway. Just like on here, I have suggested that they bring gal pals, so they won't be meeting a stranger alone. Practically risk free, as I see it. The biggest risk is that they might have to find their own lodging if they find no interest in me... they could even start that way... each having our own lodging, just in case we don't hit it off. The other obvious reason women would have for meeting meeting me in a vacation spot is the myriad of activities available to enjoy together... so we can get to know each other.

Alan, have you thought about walking your dogs in the park or along the lake? ;) Two of my best friends met their future husbands walking their dogs because they had an interest in common. One of them had a dog so they walked together with the two dogs and the other friend met a man, who admired her dog, and they also started walking together on the beach. Besides that, walking is good for you and for the dogs.

I am surprised to read that eHarmony doesn't get you a good match as I know another lady who got her husband through them but they are expensive. Her marriage didn't last but my other two friends are still married after almost 50 years! :)

How much longer are you staying in Kauai?

BSgueglia1

Reaction score
You sound like a really great guy..

but I want to point out that women LOVE confidence. Not cockiness, but confidence. The things you have written don't tell me you are confident. My heart goes out to you and I say this in the kindest way possible, but I think it will be hard to find a respectable woman when you are begging for a date. Nobody wants to give attention to a desperate man.

My suggestion to you would be to make a list of all the great things about yourself and believe it. Wake up every morning and say those affirmations in the shower. Sit on your lanai and say those affirmations. Affirm yourself, build up your confidence in yourself! You can't convince anyone else about how great you are if you don't believe it yourself. A confident man takes good care of himself, eats well, stays fit and carries himself with his shoulders back and his head high.

You must believe that you deserve a good woman before you will find one. A woman needs to believe that she is getting a man she deserves because she works hard to be a good person and not because there are no other takers. the mere fact that you have been wearing those AWFUL glasses because you havent gotten around to chaging them says you dont value yourself as much as a woman would want you to. Take good care of you. Treat yourself the way you would treat the woman of your dreams and I'll betcha you'll find her. If you don't treat yourself well, I think women subconsciously believe you will neglect them, too.
Course, Im 30 and have been happily married for 10 years. I don't know who I think I am to tell you what you should be doing..LOL! But, I am a younger woman who has friends who still date and have the same ol needs every other woman does. I am also successful in my career and believe that being confident is key to success in life. Take it or leave it, but your post reached out to me and I thought I'd give you my thoughts. I'll be praying that God sends you a companion who deserves you. Best wishes to you!!

Last edited:

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
Good luck Alan!

Quote "My heart goes out to you and I say this in the kindest way possible, but I think it will be hard to find a respectable woman when you are begging for a date. Nobody wants to give attention to a desperate man."

I don't agree that Alan has come across as a desperate man. He has been very honest with all of his friends here on TUG and I find his honesty very refreshing. I believe countless people have been disappointed and shocked when they finally meet up with their online
friend; only to discover that the person looks nothing like their pictures. Apparently, there are some people on online dating sites that post fake pictures.:eek: Talk about a bait and switch eh?
Could this be the reason why those possible matches that you have been in contact with have not met up with you Alan?

My single friends complain to me all the time about how hard it is to meet people and when they do meet someone, that they are not the ONE. I think its awesome that you have not settled for just anybody.

Wishing you the best of luck Alan! :cheer: :cheer:

How about we move this thread to the TUG LOUNGE?

Last edited:

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found very interesting matches on eHarmony.

Alan, have you thought about walking your dogs in the park or along the lake?

I am surprised to read that eHarmony doesn't get you a good match.

How much longer are you staying in Kauai?

I have several women in the "open communication stage," which is the last stage before you move on to offline. However, they are all beyond my immediate area. The closest one is about 60 miles away. The others are hundreds of miles away. We just reached the "final stage" right before my trip. She is one of the ones who declined to join me. I will, of course, drive the 60 miles to meet her and see where it leads. The others are just too far away unless they are willing to meet me on a vacation to see if we hit it off in the real world.

I do walk my dogs, usually several times an evening. One of the three is quite bossy. When she wants something, she will stand about two feet away and bark at me. If I reach out, she will back up... that is how I know she wants me to get up. She won't stop until I do. When I do get up, I follow her to see what she wants. If she leads me the sink, she wants water. If she leads me to either her pan or the frig, she wants something to eat. If she leads me to the middle of the room, she wants to play. If she leads me to the door, she wants to go outside. Neither of the other two dogs even come close to that degree of communication. I guess they leave it up to her to speak for them. Two or three times an evening, she leads me to the door... so I take them for a walk two or three times an evening. Haven't met anyone that way though.

I will be leaving late evening on Jan 23.

alanraycole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I HATE to admit that many people who know me personally....

would say I tend toward the opposite extremes in both confidence and desperation.

The things you have written don't tell me you are confident. Nobody wants to give attention to a desperate man.

Most, if not all, of my friends and even family would say that I am far too picky when it comes to women... I am afraid to admit that for fear of driving the perfect one away who may read that and as a result not even write me. I would say that every other month someone is trying to fix me up with a woman. I suppose it is a great compliment that more than one of those who have tried to fix me up with a woman in the last few years were attempting to fix me up with their mothers. Virtually all of these women I know enough about to know they aren't for me. Also, on MySpace, women virtually throw themselves at me every now and then. But, none have been my type, yet.

If anything, walking into the condo at the Sheawater all by myself and seeing the view unfold before me was a wake up call that I have probably been too picky for my own good. It was truly a profound moment in my awareness that there might be a genuine problem. When I started this post, I wrote that I had commited a horrible crime. That crime was against myself and the woman who could have been. I got what I deserved for being too demanding... nobody!

To tell the truth, I probably overreacted to my arrival alone in paradise. If someone would have taken me up on my offer, I may have found myself in a very awkward situation. I would have been much more comfortable if a group of women had taken the offer. That way the expectations would not have been obvious. For better or for worse, I have a well defined dream of the woman who will be the love of my life. I was not looking for a vacation fling, but I acted as though I was. It was a reaction to a true shock to the psyche. Undoubtedly, I was also affected by an obviously loving couple in the seats ahead of me on the flight over. The couple was a reminder of the best, yet missing, gift of life, love.

Offer revision... I invite a group of women, with none singled out, to join me for my remaining time on Kauai... there are still 12 days left!

The mere fact that you have been wearing those AWFUL glasses because you havent gotten around to chaging them says you dont value yourself as much as a woman would want you to. Take good care of you. Treat yourself the way you would treat the woman of your dreams and I'll betcha you'll find her. If you don't treat yourself well, I think women subconsciously believe you will neglect them, too.

Alright, already. I don't see the glasses being such a big deal. But, you all aren't the first to question my blue glasses. I'll make an appointment when I get home.

Last edited: