• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Did you go through https://learn.vaulthealth.com/state-of-hawaii/? It still seems to go through the process, though I didn't try to actually enter my information to order again.

I do notice now that Tuesday and Wednesday flights are grayed out now. They probably can't meet the turnaround time due to the UPS pickup/delivery times.

I cycled through it again and Texas comes back with same question. I may call and see what the deal is. Right now, it's probably Walgreen 72 hr and 24 hr test as primary. Though may try Costco product, though a lot of complaints on that one.

I'll be there long enough to quarantine if test results come late, assuming I can get on the plane, but need to get my wife cleared to make two weeks worthwhile.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Still no official info on Canadian testing partners, despite an announcement.
I don't think it comes into effect until Dec. 1.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll post back what happens next week. I need to take the test on Monday.

beachgirls67

Reaction score
what was your layover time in Dallas? Elapsed time in testing line? Is testing inside the security perimeter?

looking at backup plan for us in late Jan also.

We had a 2 hour layover. There was one person ahead of us on line. We waited less then 5 minutes to be tested and had the results back in 15 minutes. I was very impressed. We still had 1 1/2 hours to spare.

beachgirls67

Reaction score
We had a 2 hour layover. There was one person ahead of us on line. We waited less then 5 minutes to be tested and had the results back in 15 minutes. I was very impressed. We still had 1 1/2 hours to spare.
And yes testing was inside the security area in terminal D I believe

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
What time was your test? Did you have an appointment or did you do the web check-in mentioned when you go through the AA web site?

That web check-in only offers appointments at 7, 8 and 9 am.

beachgirls67

Reaction score
What time was your test? Did you have an appointment or did you do the web check-in mentioned when you go through the AA web site?

That web check-in only offers appointments at 7, 8 and 9 am.
We did not have an appointment and got to the testing area around 9:20 am.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I cycled through it again and Texas comes back with same question. I may call and see what the deal is. Right now, it's probably Walgreen 72 hr and 24 hr test as primary. Though may try Costco product, though a lot of complaints on that one.

think I found the disconnect. If you select Medicare or Medicaid in the questionnaire Texas is excluded, and possibly other states. So leave that out and assume self pay and should be good to go.

Medicare/Medicaid Patients: At this time, we may not provide testing services to participants of Medicare/Medicaid in all states. During the order process if you see that testing is not available to order in your state, it may be because you indicated participation in Medicare or Medicaid. We are actively expanding our testing coverage; please check back periodically to see if we can offer testing in your state.”

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carbon Health experience.

1) We scheduled our appointment for today, well in advance(easy online booked several weeks ago)
2) test site was just outside PDX Airport, departure area across from Alaska airlines, in a little tent booth
3) maybe 5-10 minutes to be checked in
4) easy test, a 10 second swirl swab on inside front of each nostril
5) got text that results were in as we were driving back from test site, within 20 -30 minutes
6) we were both negative
7) tried to upload to Hawaii site but only one was accepted showing negative test results but one of us showed “results pending” so need to call tomorrow
8) cost for Alaska airline passengers was $135 each
9) would definitely use this service again.

Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
So carbon health test results sent do not show the time taken (just the correct date) which was uploaded but on their website it does, so even though my official PDF test results don’t show the time but Website does, Will we be ok (Avoid quarantine) when we can verify the time in Hawaii by showing the time on the website once we arrive, since it is an authorized testing provider and on the authorized testing Providers website or app?

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Going through the Maui airport check-in process last week, they have a big white board saying arrivals on this date must have test from that date. They are not checking time of day for the test. My Worksite Labs test (Hawaiian Airlines) has only a date on it.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot find the answer to this question. I called the HI Health deparment last night only to be #166 in the queue. Thirty minutes later I had only advanced by ten numbers.

So CVS says that the rapid test does not qualify for Hawaii entry. Is this what Hawaii is saying? Hubby just took a test and the CVS employees are definitely saying that it is NAAT and it does count for Hawaii.

My original plan was to fly to the West coast and test in CA. Of course I have to negative test before I leave the East coast as to not get stuck in CA. But now there is a mandatory quarantine for my arrival in CA. If I have to get a negative Covid to fly, I am jumping on the first flight that gets us to that last leg to HI.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My original plan was to fly to the West coast and test in CA. Of course I have to negative test before I leave the East coast as to not get stuck in CA. But now there is a mandatory quarantine for my arrival in CA. If I have to get a negative Covid to fly, I am jumping on the first flight that gets us to that last leg to HI.
I'm honestly not sure about the type of test that you need. I know that when we traveled last month there was definitely a rapid test that qualified but I am not sure if something has changed. We didn't take that test for fear of a false positive which is apparently possible with that test.

As far as the snip quoted above, travelers passing through are not subject to the quarantine, just people arriving at their final destination. Were you planning on staying overnight? If so, I would change that to just a layover.

Good luck on this.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I cannot find the answer to this question. I called the HI Health deparment last night only to be #166 in the queue. Thirty minutes later I had only advanced by ten numbers.

So CVS says that the rapid test does not qualify for Hawaii entry. Is this what Hawaii is saying? Hubby just took a test and the CVS employees are definitely saying that it is NAAT and it does count for Hawaii.

Walgreens is the only rapid test allowed

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
The test American Airlines offers in Dallas Terminal D is also a rapid test that is allowed. I think the Care Now clinics in the Dallas metro area are allowed, but not sure if they are rapid tests.

The list of providers that comes up when you want to upload your test results to the Safe Travels web site is longer than the list of Trusted Partners at the same site.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Data point...took Walgreens "72 hour" test on Thursday 145pm for 1045am flight today. Results came in this morning and 115am. Uploaded and approved automatically in the safe travels page. Would definitely recommend doing the 24hr if possible, waiting for the results was stressful (I have a first flight to SFO and really didn't want to risk getting a result back after that flight that was positive).

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Getting my test thru Kaiser next Wednesday 12/16 and departure out of sfo Saturday 11 AM . Hopefully I can make to Oahu. Wish me luck.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update to post #59:
WorkSite labs (Hawaiian's partner near SFO) will provide a detailed bill to submit to insurance.

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I made an appointment with Walgreens to take the fast test. There was only one location in Austin that administered the test for quick results. We made the appointment 3 days before for a time that fell within 72 hours of our departure from sfo. We arrived at Walgreens on our scheduled appointment day about 1 hour early and was able to immediately get tested. We live about 45 minutes from test site and we're home by the time of our scheduled appointment time and received our negative results about an hour later or about 2 hours after test was administered. Loaded results in Hawaii safe travel document on their website, received a code and within 24 hours of our departure time went back on website and entered our code and received another code to show on arrival in Kona, Hawaii. Showed our code at agent at gate and was cleared to go to get baggage and rental car. Did not have to be tested again on arrival as we thought would happen. Had to show negative test results at car rental before renting car and again upon checking into Kona Coast Resort. It's good to have paper copy of the safe travel acceptance code and negative test results.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I made an appointment with Walgreens to take the fast test. There was only one location in Austin that administered the test for quick results. We made the appointment 3 days before for a time that fell within 72 hours of our departure from sfo. We arrived at Walgreens on our scheduled appointment day about 1 hour early and was able to immediately get tested. We live about 45 minutes from test site and we're home by the time of our scheduled appointment time and received our negative results about an hour later or about 2 hours after test was administered. Loaded results in Hawaii safe travel document on their website, received a code and within 24 hours of our departure time went back on website and entered our code and received another code to show on arrival in Kona, Hawaii. Showed our code at agent at gate and was cleared to go to get baggage and rental car. Did not have to be tested again on arrival as we thought would happen. Had to show negative test results at car rental before renting car and again upon checking into Kona Coast Resort. It's good to have paper copy of the safe travel acceptance code and negative test results.
Very good to hear. Seems like rapid is definitely the way to go.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your post, cowboy. I have a friend that wants to come over from Austin, and the Walgreen's rapid test sounds a lot less stressful than the Vault test I took. The Vault test worked for me, but I only got my result about 30 minutes before I had to leave for the airport. My wife got it the previous evening, which was what I was expecting.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived Kona on Sunday and they seemed to be retesting everyone before leaving the airport - our AA flight and a United flight arrived at the same time. In line for quite some time, but everyone was good about keeping distance as best they could.

Walgreens in Arizona was testing at no charge. No need to show insurance. Guessing it was paid for by the state. We drove 3 hours to Phoenix for the test. Only 2 or 3 Walgreens locations were doing the ID Now NAAT test, all the other locations only had the 72 hour one.

You need to watch their website for a few days before your 3 day window to get a feel for when you can first log on to book. The appointments get booked up very rapidly. Had our Results in 24 hrs (normally much faster, but there was a network glitch slowing their uploads).

Totally worth all the effort to get here!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Hawaiian's partner Worksite Labs has opened a new location at the San Jose, CA airport (SJC).

That's great news, they promise 36 hour turn around. We are flying HA in early Feb to Maui out of San Jose, and had been planning to go up to SF for Hawaiian testing, this will be easier.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Hawaiian's partner Worksite Labs has opened a new location at the San Jose, CA airport (SJC).
We just flew Hawaiian specifically because of Worksite Labs turn times. The drive to SFO for us was not horrible but SJC is only 10 minutes. Even though we just got back last weekend I'm thinking of when I can book my next trip. Now if only Hawaiian will implement the pre-clear same as Alaska. I know what other people said about getting through quick but we were in that line for 2 hours.

Last edited: