• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My son‘s family was leaving San Jose for Maui this afternoon (11/24). TestIng done through Kaiser Permanente. Tests did not get back on time. As you all know, first day of the new rules from the governor. Don’t you just love it when the rules change! A lot of disappointment in that household.

HGVC Lover

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and HGVC Paradise
The Safe Travels Hawaii program is probably going to be come very unrealistic rapidly as the Covid-19 surge continues and testing centers and hospitals become overwhelmed on the mainland.

It is just mind boggling the predictions that are suggested after the Thanksgiving holiday of Covid-19 cases and deaths in the US.....probably best not to travel to Hawaii in the near future....

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 34,35 and 49,50), DSV 2 (red)
The Safe Travels Hawaii program is probably going to be come very unrealistic rapidly as the Covid-19 surge continues and testing centers and hospitals become overwhelmed on the mainland.

It is just mind boggling the predictions that are suggested after the Thanksgiving holiday of Covid-19 cases and deaths in the US.....probably best not to travel to Hawaii in the near future....
Agree...It is going to be much harder to get results back within the 72 hour window with all the Covid-19 cases and tests being done. It is going to be especially crazy after the Thanksgiving surge. We are supposed to take our tests the Wednesday after Thanksgiving for a departure on Saturday...probably the worst time to try to get a test done and hope for results. With 4 of us going, we are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Keeping our fingers crossed that we can get our results back before departure. MabelP, sorry to hear your son could not go.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My son‘s family was leaving San Jose for Maui this afternoon (11/24). TestIng done through Kaiser Permanente. Tests did not get back on time. As you all know, first day of the new rules from the governor. Don’t you just love it when the rules change! A lot of disappointment in that household.
Can they push back their flights until the test results come in?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I’m confused as to which test is acceptable. On the Walgreens Covid website, they mention three tests. Does anyone know which one would qualify?

Available tests

Diagnostic Lab Test (PCR)
Results in 72 hours

Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)
Results in less than 24 hours

Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW)
Results in as little as 1 hour

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
CVS used Quest. They were serving just as a collection site, and then the swabs were sent to Quest. It makes sense they can't participate either, now that Quest pulled out.

echino

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Can they push back their flights until the test results come in?

If they push back the flights, they will likely be outside the 72 hour window and the test results will not be accepted.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
The American Airlines site mentions CareNow clinics as a place to get COVID tests in the Dallas area. They are not listed on the Trusted Traveller site, but AA says they can provide the necessary test:

AA Also mentions the Lets-Get-Checked test: https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/american-airlines/, also not listed as a Trusted Partner.

I live near Austin, and we have CareNow clinics here too. However, they don't show up if you go through the www.aa.com site. I still haven't been able to get an answer whether the clinics here would work. The local clinic says of course they can provide the test, but I'm not sure if it will be accepted.

So far, I'm intending to use Vault. I'll report back next week how it goes.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they push back the flights, they will likely be outside the 72 hour window and the test results will not be accepted.
D'oh. :D

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m confused as to which test is acceptable. On the Walgreens Covid website, they mention three tests. Does anyone know which one would qualify?

Available tests

Results in 72 hours

Best to go through the Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners page. They have a very specific list.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Available tests

Results in 72 hours

These 2 are the only accepted tests for Hawaii.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jedimasterjem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR, AKL; Grandview Las Vegas; SVV - Bella; MGC
Wanted to give an update since we landed today in Oahu I bought three vault kits they came in by Thursday we did the test Saturday 60 minute plus wait to see a supervisor but ultimately without 45 minutes UPS deliver the kit Monday morning my wife’s kits got tested at 4 AM mine was tested at 7 AM and my daughters finish today at 5 PM.

Overall the process was not stress-free it was actually really stressful because all three came in at different times. If I were to do it again I would go through the airline because at least you know it will be within the 36-48 hour mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

And this is making travel to Hawaii almost impossible.

I bought tickets to Oakland and out of Oakland. First off, it was to be free. Now it is no longer free. Secondly, the cannot do the rapid test when Hawaii was clear that if you did a drive-thru test you would leave with results in hand. And the clock does not start until the lab receives the specimens from FedEx. So if Fedex delivers the next day and it takes 48 hours worse case scenario, everything falls apart.

CVS and Walgreens cannot turn tests around fast enough.

I don't think Hawaii will be open for travel much longer.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was your daughter's 5pm test available to you before you boarded your flight? Didn't the requirement to have the test result before the flight take effect already?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch

Available tests

Results in 72 hours

echino

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Still no official info on Canadian testing partners, despite an announcement.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx

Available tests

Results in 72 hours

When I last read through the details on the Hawaii site the following was my understanding:

PCR - okay with Trusted partners
ID NOW - okay with Trusted partners
BinaxNOW - this only determines if you already have antibodies in your blood - - not applicable to getting into Hawaii AKAIK.

I would go with ID NOW as you'll get results quicker.

But double check to make sure that I am not accidentally misleading you.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had friends use carbonhealth, so will update our experience with them. Going this Tuesday with our flight on Friday.

beachgirls67

Reaction score
We just returned from Hawaii 2 weeks ago. We are from the Northeast and there was not many test sites close to us. Testing was very stressful. First we had appointments set at Walgreens 72 hours prior and the morning of the test they sent us email cancelling appointment. Then we scrambled and found a quest center 2 hours away. We drove out there and got tested. Results not back before we left. We flew out of Newark and had a stop over in Dallas. American Air had a testing center in the airport terminal. Since our tests results were still not in we didn't want risk it so we spent $250 a piece to get tests results at airport. It was great we had results back in 15 minutes. If we ever go again this is how I would do it. Although it could have been risky if we tested positive but we were confident we were not.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
We just returned from Hawaii 2 weeks ago. We are from the Northeast and there was not many test sites close to us. Testing was very stressful. First we had appointments set at Walgreens 72 hours prior and the morning of the test they sent us email cancelling appointment. Then we scrambled and found a quest center 2 hours away. We drove out there and got tested. Results not back before we left. We flew out of Newark and had a stop over in Dallas. American Air had a testing center in the airport terminal. Since our tests results were still not in we didn't want risk it so we spent $250 a piece to get tests results at airport. It was great we had results back in 15 minutes. If we ever go again this is how I would do it. Although it could have been risky if we tested positive but we were confident we were not.

what was your layover time in Dallas? Elapsed time in testing line? Is testing inside the security perimeter?

looking at backup plan for us in late Jan also.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vault is a mail order test over Zoom. I already have the test kit in hand.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
beachgirls67,

When I looked at the American Airline sites, the only appointments it seems to offer are before 9:00 am. My flight doesn't get there until 9:20.

What time did you get there? Were you able to just walk up to the center and get tested?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Vault is a mail order test over Zoom. I already have the test kit in hand.

that's interesting, when I try and order it tells me not offered in Texas.

We are unable to process tests for your state at this time
Unfortunately, we are unable to process tests in your state at this time. We are working quickly to get testing available to patients in all 50 states. Click below to get an email notification when we have tests available for your state.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you go through https://learn.vaulthealth.com/state-of-hawaii/? It still seems to go through the process, though I didn't try to actually enter my information to order again.

I do notice now that Tuesday and Wednesday flights are grayed out now. They probably can't meet the turnaround time due to the UPS pickup/delivery times.

Last edited: