• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We just flew Hawaiian specifically because of Worksite Labs turn times. The drive to SFO for us was not horrible but SJC is only 10 minutes. Even though we just got back last weekend I'm thinking of when I can book my next trip. Now if only Hawaiian will implement the pre-clear same as Alaska. I know what other people said about getting through quick but we were in that line for 2 hours.
What time did your flight arrive. We are fying Hawaiin next week

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Hawaiian's partner Worksite Labs has opened a new location at the San Jose, CA airport (SJC).
Worklabs at SJC was easy, I was in and out less than 5 minutes, no line, Carbon Health is in SJC too, next to Worklabs tent. Kaiser on Skyport (SJ), was a mess. The line about 100 cars in front of me. Kaiser told me 3 to 5 days to get my result and Worklabs 36 hours.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Worklabs at SJC was easy, I was in and out less than 5 minutes, no line, Carbon Health is in SJC too, next to Worklabs tent. Kaiser on Skyport (SJ), was a mess. The line about 100 cars in front of me. Kaiser told me 3 to 5 days to get my result and Worklabs 36 hours.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 13
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 13

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
What time did your flight arrive. We are fying Hawaiin next week
SJC direct OGG arrived 12:55pm local time. That was on a Sunday, after our Saturday flight was canceled, because they said Saturday is the slowest day. Our return flight 2 weeks later on Saturday put us at the airport about the same time and it was the same very long line, Saturday and Sunday lines looked equally bad at that time. Hoping Hawaiian gets the same pre-clear program that Alaska has to avoid the line altogether.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
SJC direct OGG arrived 12:55pm local time. That was on a Sunday, after our Saturday flight was canceled, because they said Saturday is the slowest day. Our return flight 2 weeks later on Saturday put us at the airport about the same time and it was the same very long line, Saturday and Sunday lines looked equally bad at that time. Hoping Hawaiian gets the same pre-clear program that Alaska has to avoid the line altogether.
That's about when we arrive, on a weekday. At least we know what to expect. I expect Hawaiian Airlines will follow eventually to stay competitive

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@b2bailey
I just went to Hawaiian's site, and they do say that Worksite is exclusively for Hawaiian passengers.

@1Kflyerguy and @10spro
Thanks for mentioning that Worksite had 36 hour turnaround. What a great relief. My brother had an appt at SFO and just switched to SJC (< 5 min from his home.) He and his co-worker, along with both their families, fly out on Sun 12/27.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Worksite Labs at SJC. My brother's family of 5 and his friend's family of 6 all tested on 12/24, and received their results prior to their flight to Hawaii yesterday. They are enjoying New Year's week at Ko Olina.

j59kim

TUG Member
Reaction score
@b2bailey
I just read this on the MercuryNews website today:

But by next week, Carbon Health, the healthcare company that is providing testing for Alaska Airlines, has plans to offer tests to passengers flying on any airline.

I know the Carbon Health won't bill insurance and it's to be paid by the test taker, but anyone have success submitting to insurance for reimbursement or do we just have to eat the $170 per passenger testing fee? Wondering if insurance denies it since it's for travel but they do pay for the tests we have done at our local community testing centers...

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina Beach Club
Villas at Pu’ali, Lihue, HI
I know the Carbon Health won't bill insurance and it's to be paid by the test taker, but anyone have success submitting to insurance for reimbursement or do we just have to eat the $170 per passenger testing fee? Wondering if insurance denies it since it's for travel but they do pay for the tests we have done at our local community testing centers...
I don’t believe health insurance covers it for travel. It becomes an additional, out of pocket expense.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I understand LAX has opened a testing sight across from Terminal 6 with test results within 5-hours.

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
Just returned from Maui and had multiple family members flying in so multiple tests in different geographic locations.

Here are my Lessons Learned/Take Away’s :
Walgreens
- their drive through worked well although you need to watch the online calendar as they only open test appointments 3-4 days out. We found that if there are multiple people you can go in one vehicle which allows you to knock out 2-3 family members test at one time. Insurance is reimbursing so for many people it will be at no charge. Took between 18-22 hours and 2 days for tests results. Make sure you also loan the Walgreens app as test results appeared faster there. Print out hard copy as the Wi-Fi in the airport gets slow.

Costco/Azova- tests were purchased online you want the one with video verification because it’s the only one Hawaii accepts, current cost is $139. This is a slightly different tests as its Saliva in a tube vs Swab up the nose, but both methods are accepted by Hawaii provided you use one of their approved vendors. Our East Coast family member got great turnaround of less than 28 hours, but that maybe because Lab was in Savanah. The Colorado tests were delayed by ice storm in Louisville and UPS delays. Strongly suggest if you go with this one to drive it to the main UPS sort location to give you a better chance of no sorting delays. Also, UPS in many locations doesn't deliver on Sundays so factor this into your planning. Also, at the time we registered they weren't doing COVID-19 tests for anyone under 18. This may have changed.

American Airlines/Let’s Get Checked- we purchased their online tests through Let’s Get Checked. They know as part of your test registration that you are flying on American, and the date and time of your flight. It appeared tests results were given priority to those whose flights were rapidly approaching. We got their results in under 48 hours. We also had one member do the rapid test at the DFW Airport, Terminal D, which is limited to those flying to Hawaii. It is the most expensive option but start to finish it took 22 minutes and walked out with printed negative test results and walked 2 gates away to board the plane.

Other Steps to Take in Advance:
1. You need to Register with State of Hawaii- Safe Travels and load their app onto your smartphone. The airport process is expedited if you have pre-loaded the app and QR code onto your phone. The state approval once granted in the airport shows you have been passed , do not need to quarantine, and is how you will be able to show the hotel and rental car that you have been cleared.

2. Another great resource is aloha@hawaii-guide.com, as there are answers to many questions, its frequently updated and it addresses the constantly changing rules.

3. Once the flight arrives those seated forward, Business Class and Premium Economy got queued up first and they cleared a good 30-45 minutes before those in the back of the plane. So, if possible, a seat towards the front of the plane may aid how long you are in line.

4. Remember to have some battery left on your cell phone and to take it off airplane mode so you can access the airport Wi-Fi to pull up the state of Hawaii site when you get to the counter where your documents are reviewed.

5. Also keep your mask on as you deplane and all the time in the airport

Restaurants
Yes there are limits, less are open and capacity is capped, more outdoor seating but many are opening far earlier and offering all day dining. We enjoyed several great meals at Honu and the food was as terrific as always. Staff went out of their way to provide outstanding service and to thank us for supporting them.

Yes, it’s a different process and a bit of a hassle but it was still great to be in 80-degree weather, with blue skies and whales visible. After a tough year I would gladly do all this again for the time we had in Hawaii.
Hope this information helps, as many other Tuggers have helped us over the years!
Enjoy and Aloha

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
WALGREENS FREE TESTING??? I am looking over the Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners and the only ones that seem feasible for a family with children under 18 seems to be Vault at $150/each test, CVS ($139/each test or Walgreens (free). Quest doesn't perform tests for those under 18 and the other trusted partners are for specific locations not available in the Los Angeles area. The walgreens location seems convenient but curious how their free testing works. They require Insurance info to be entered into their system and I presume they will bill insurance accordingly, but does voluntary travel qualify for insurance reimbursement?

I don't want to risk this for an upcoming trip and if necessary will pay for either the Vault or CVS test. Any tuggers here have experience with the Walgreens free testing and were the results provided within 72 hours?

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
Walgreens worked well, tested our daughter who was 17, insurance did cover tests so we werent charged and in all cases we had results in less than 48 hours, in 2 cases had results in 28 hours

Just returned from Maui and had multiple family members flying in so multiple tests in different geographic locations.

Here are my Lessons Learned/Take Away’s :
Walgreens
- their drive through worked well although you need to watch the online calendar as they only open test appointments 3-4 days out. We found that if there are multiple people you can go in one vehicle which allows you to knock out 2-3 family members test at one time. Insurance is reimbursing so for many people it will be at no charge. Took between 18-22 hours and 2 days for tests results. Make sure you also loan the Walgreens app as test results appeared faster there. Print out hard copy as the Wi-Fi in the airport gets slow.

Costco/Azova- tests were purchased online you want the one with video verification because it’s the only one Hawaii accepts, current cost is $139. This is a slightly different tests as its Saliva in a tube vs Swab up the nose, but both methods are accepted by Hawaii provided you use one of their approved vendors. Our East Coast family member got great turnaround of less than 28 hours, but that maybe because Lab was in Savanah. The Colorado tests were delayed by ice storm in Louisville and UPS delays. Strongly suggest if you go with this one to drive it to the main UPS sort location to give you a better chance of no sorting delays. Also, UPS in many locations doesn't deliver on Sundays so factor this into your planning. Also, at the time we registered they weren't doing COVID-19 tests for anyone under 18. This may have changed.

American Airlines/Let’s Get Checked- we purchased their online tests through Let’s Get Checked. They know as part of your test registration that you are flying on American, and the date and time of your flight. It appeared tests results were given priority to those whose flights were rapidly approaching. We got their results in under 48 hours. We also had one member do the rapid test at the DFW Airport, Terminal D, which is limited to those flying to Hawaii. It is the most expensive option but start to finish it took 22 minutes and walked out with printed negative test results and walked 2 gates away to board the plane.

Other Steps to Take in Advance:
1. You need to Register with State of Hawaii- Safe Travels and load their app onto your smartphone. The airport process is expedited if you have pre-loaded the app and QR code onto your phone. The state approval once granted in the airport shows you have been passed , do not need to quarantine, and is how you will be able to show the hotel and rental car that you have been cleared.

2. Another great resource is aloha@hawaii-guide.com, as there are answers to many questions, its frequently updated and it addresses the constantly changing rules.

3. Once the flight arrives those seated forward, Business Class and Premium Economy got queued up first and they cleared a good 30-45 minutes before those in the back of the plane. So, if possible, a seat towards the front of the plane may aid how long you are in line.

4. Remember to have some battery left on your cell phone and to take it off airplane mode so you can access the airport Wi-Fi to pull up the state of Hawaii site when you get to the counter where your documents are reviewed.

5. Also keep your mask on as you deplane and all the time in the airport

Restaurants
Yes there are limits, less are open and capacity is capped, more outdoor seating but many are opening far earlier and offering all day dining. We enjoyed several great meals at Honu and the food was as terrific as always. Staff went out of their way to provide outstanding service and to thank us for supporting them.

Yes, it’s a different process and a bit of a hassle but it was still great to be in 80-degree weather, with blue skies and whales visible. After a tough year I would gladly do all this again for the time we had in Hawaii.
Hope this information helps, as many other Tuggers have helped us over the years!
Enjoy and Aloha