• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone been able to change a check in day on a Wyndham RCI exchange?

mayamart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stardust Resort, Vacation Club, South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Xcaret , Mexico Destination Club, Playa del Carmen
An RCI exchange has come up for the resort we would like to visit. Problem is, the exchange check in date is 1 day after we arrive.

Has anyone ever had success in booking an RCI exchange and been able to move the check in day by one day??

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
RCI can only give you what they get for deposit. RCI can't change the checkin day.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That isn't going to be possible. You ca
RCI can only give you what they get for deposit. RCI can't change the checkin day.
and Wyndham won't adjust the dates either.

mayamart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stardust Resort, Vacation Club, South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Xcaret , Mexico Destination Club, Playa del Carmen
Talked with RCI. They said that I could request a late check in date (1 to 2 days after scheduled check in) directly with resort, but check out date would remain the same as scheduled. This would simply mean forfeiting those unused 1 or 2 dates.

Can anyone confirm this, from experience?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can always arrive late to an exchange. Meaning if the checkin on the reservation is for a Friday, you can show up on Saturday or Sunday. The checkout still remains the following Friday though. This is not applicable to your situation. You need to be able to checkin a day before the confirmed exchange.

troy12n

Reaction score
All RCI weeks available are deposited fixed weeks (or dates someone like Wyndham deposits, as weeks, into their inventory), the dates are the dates. I'm sure you have some flexibility on when you arrive, but you won't be able to adjust the stay past whatever end time you have. Some timeshares also only check in / allow arrivals on certain days of the week, so that could potentially be a problem.

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked with RCI. They said that I could request a late check in date (1 to 2 days after scheduled check in) directly with resort, but check out date would remain the same as scheduled. This would simply mean forfeiting those unused 1 or 2 dates.

I’ve done this. I called resort on checkin day and told them I wouldn’t get there until the next morning. Then when I got there the next morning, had to wait a couple of hours for condo to be ready. Checkout date was as reserved, which I expected.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So as others are saying, arriving late not a problem but they won't adjust check out day. Arriving early they won't adjust the check in day to make it early.
If it were a small independent resort in the off season you might have a small chance. Wyndham regardless of time of year or resort will not adjust your stay to a day earlier even if they had a unit available. You are welcome to find out how much they would charge for that unit for a day but I would expect $150-$350 or more depending on the resort and the size of the unit.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I had a Wyndham RCI exchange booked for this May at a resort where I also own. We decided not to travel at least until this fall and the resort was happy to reschedule it themselves for next year without going back through RCI. Not sure if there are any contractual limitations between the resorts and RCI, so I won't mention the resort name, but I've seen others post about having the same experience doing that. It no doubt varies from resort to resort, of course.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes I have done this many times. You must call and let them know you will be arriving late.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

But from your original post it sounded like you wanted to check in a day early- which would be a totally different situatioin. Checking in a day or 2 later is usually not a problem but it usually is best to inform the resort to let them know.