• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Aloha Friday

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Happy Aloha Friday! I'm wearing my Pau Hana t-shirt under my sweatshirt because the wind chill is 23 degrees. Still pretty cold for the Twins home opener. :cool:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Happy Aloha Friday! I'm wearing my Pau Hana t-shirt under my sweatshirt because the wind chill is 23 degrees. Still pretty cold for the Twins home opener. :cool:

Way too cold for me now.:D Happy Aloha Friday.shaka

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That sounds like a fun tradition! It's always nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the work week, and celebrating Aloha Friday by wearing an Aloha shirt seems like a great way to do that. It's great that you've continued this tradition even after moving to Hawaii, and it's cool that you've started posting pictures and memes on Facebook. It's always nice to connect with family and friends through shared interests or traditions. And adding your own personal touch by taking pictures and adding the Happy Aloha Friday logo sounds like a fun way to make it even more special. Keep up the good work!

Big Mahalo!! I'm good as long as I don't run out of pictures but I always seem to find something new. I'll get a new batch from Maui while I'm there in a couple weeks and then I'll get more Big Island photo's after my week there in May.

I should be able to keep it going for a while.shaka

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And now for this week's post.

Happy Aloha Friday!! Time for another awesome weekend. Kim has a Ukulele concert on Saturday in Kaunakakai and then we head to Hiro's for Easter Brunch.

Today's picture takes us back to Oahu on Kuhio Beach on Kalakaua Avenue, to the Duke Kahanamoku Statue. Duke is a Hawaii legend. Duke won Olympic Medals in swimming in 1912, 1920 and in 1924. He was instrumental to spread the sport of Surfing and the spirit of Aloha throughout the world. The Statue of Duke with his outstretched arms often has lei's tossed on to them. This is actually discouraged because of the acidity from the flowers on bronze material.

Enjoy your Aloha Friday and have a great weekend.shaka

2020-10-18_16-09-15_979.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And now for this week's post.

Happy Aloha Friday!! Time for another awesome weekend. Kim has a Ukulele concert on Saturday in Kaunakakai and then we head to Hiro's for Easter Brunch.

Today's picture takes us back to Oahu on Kuhio Beach on Kalakaua Avenue, to the Duke Kahanamoku Statue. Duke is a Hawaii legend. Duke won Olympic Medals in swimming in 1912, 1920 and in 1924. He was instrumental to spread the sport of Surfing and the spirit of Aloha throughout the world. The Statue of Duke with his outstretched arms often has lei's tossed on to them. This is actually discouraged because of the acidity from the flowers on bronze material.

Enjoy your Aloha Friday and have a great weekend.shaka

View attachment 75268
Before Zoom and Facetime, we used to call people while standing in front of the statue so they could see us on the Waikiki webcam. Our granddaughter who was about 8 didn't really believe she was seeing us live so I asked her to tell me to do something to prove it was live. She didn't think about it too long and asked me to pretend like I was stirring soup. I did it and gave her the proof. :LOL:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Before Zoom and Facetime, we used to call people while standing in front of the statue so they could see us on the Waikiki webcam. Our granddaughter who was about 8 didn't really believe she was seeing us live so I asked her to tell me to do something to prove it was live. She didn't think about it too long and asked me to pretend like I was stirring soup. I did it and gave her the proof. :LOL:

Cool story!! I always forget about that webcam.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cool story!! I always forget about that webcam.
I don't think it's active anymore. Next time you're in front of the statue, look up to see if there's still a camera on the street light pole.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think it's active anymore. Next time you're in front of the statue, look up to see if there's still a camera on the street light pole.

I was wondering if it was still around and I didn't see it online. There are quite a few of them around the islands though.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning. Happy Aloha Friday!!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday. Easter is behind us and now we run into the middle of April. We have a Maui vacation coming up in 9 days now.

This week's picture takes us to Kaunakakai on Molokai and the Hotel Molokai. The hotel was built in 1966 with 31 units. It currently has 55 units. It also had the first pool on the island. The distinctive roof design fits well with the Polynesian architecture. Hiro's Ohana Grill is currently inside the Hotel Molokai and is right on the ocean with beautiful views of Lanai.

Enjoy and have an awesome Aloha Friday and a great weekend. shaka

2020-07-05_16-47-34_610.jpg

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday!!!

Great weekend to all!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Happy Aloha Friday. Easter is behind us and now we run into the middle of April. We have a Maui vacation coming up in 9 days now.

This week's picture takes us to Kaunakakai on Molokai and the Hotel Molokai. The hotel was built in 1966 with 31 units. It currently has 55 units. It also had the first pool on the island. The distinctive roof design fits well with the Polynesian architecture. Hiro's Ohana Grill is currently inside the Hotel Molokai and is right on the ocean with beautiful views of Lanai.

Enjoy and have an awesome Aloha Friday and a great weekend. shaka

View attachment 75455

Thanks Jeff. Today looks like our first real day of spring. No clouds, sun is out and the weeds are popping out. The leaves from last year are finally falling off our Japanese Maple.It's asparagus season here so we might head to a farm and grab some for canning and pickling. Probably should get the yard in order.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday to everyone.
I wish everyone cruising this weekend from Fort Lauderdale, FL clear skies and no more rain.
Happy Aloha Friday !!!!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Friday! In Minnesota, even after our 3rd 80+ degree day in a row, we still have snow on the bike trails. It can't last long, and won't keep me from riding. :cool:

2023-04-12%2014.13.08-X3.jpg

2023-04-12%2014.35.26-X4.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Friday! In Minnesota, even after our 3rd 80+ degree day in a row, we still have snow on the bike trails. It can't last long, and won't keep me from riding. :cool:

2023-04-12%2014.13.08-X3.jpg

2023-04-12%2014.35.26-X4.jpg

Oh, I remember those springs well. My friends from Wisconsin are telling me that after their 80 degree day, they may have snow flurrys again this weekend.

But like you said, it won't last long. It puts me complaining about how windy it has been here in perspective. shaka

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are having our first day of sunshine for an entire day in more than a month. It might reach 60°F. The rain returns tomorrow for at least 10 days and the high temperatures drop back to the to the low to mid 50's.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are having our first day of sunshine for an entire day in more than a month. It might reach 60°F. The rain returns tomorrow for at least 10 days and the high temperatures drop back to the to the low to mid 50's.

I'll stick with my 82. :D

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if NY broke a record yesterday - busy and out most of the day. I know it reached 89. But we will be back in the low 60s next week.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! The trade winds have slowed and the weather has been great. We head to Maui on Sunday and we can't wait.

This week's picture will take us over to Kihei over on Maui. Here's the sign to The Maui Schooner. We have been coming here when we visit Maui for 10 years now. It's a great home away from home. We are both looking forward to seeing our Daughter and Son on Sunday.

Enjoy and have a Great Aloha Friday and an awesome weekend. shaka

2013-12-01_060301000_CB67F_iOS.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday! While you're in Kihei, I hope you stop by Cinnamon Roll Place. It's our favorite decadent breakfast.

62%20Breakfast%20from%20Cinnamon%20Roll%20Place-X3.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday! While you're in Kihei, I hope you stop by Cinnamon Roll Place. It's our favorite decadent breakfast.

62%20Breakfast%20from%20Cinnamon%20Roll%20Place-X3.jpg

Monday we are taking the ferry to Lanai. No strict plans after that. It's the first trip to Maui for our kids. My wife has a couple doctors appointments but they won't take long.

I'll be starting a thread like I usually do for my trips. shaka