• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Former Wyndham Sales Rep Answering Questions

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Sounds like a good one; I wonder how that would work when I check in with my wife. Guess I could just tell them she's my girlfriend.... ;)

I've done that at Glacier Canyon.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
@RowdyRiner in your opinion how much does Wyndham corporate really know about what goes on at the resort level?

What is the best and fastest way to shut a sales person down if you have no intention of buying and just want the free gift?

What's the best and fastest way to shut down a parking pass Nazi....I mean concierge, if you do not want to deal with the back and forth about why you do not want to go to a presentation?

I was one of the lucky ones who got on the Do not sell/solicit list before they started telling people no when they asked. I have have been asked twice to go in the past couple of years.

If we want to report a sales person for deception or illegal practices, who is the best place to go to? REC? States Attorney? Owner care? BBB?

FYI, Wyndham publicly defines commercial use as advertising a rental. This applies to Facebook AirBnB, Redweek, VRBO, etc. So regardless of whether you report your income in your taxes, they will send you a nasty gram if you advertise rentals. I do know of one person who didn't advertise anything but got the letter. I'm wondering if it was because they were an admin of a large Facebook group that specially promotes renting. None of the rest of us got that letter, so I am not sure if that is the case.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions and satisfying our curiosity.

So I had an issue where a credit card was applied for without my signature directly after a sales presentation. I also was hugely disrespected and felt like they were trying to con me. I sent one of those emails to the guy at corporate and escalated it a few times. I forgot I asked to never be bothered again. I was trying to figure out why when I had a sales question and contacted them directly that I wouldn't get call backs. I totally forgot about it until last night. We will put it to the test for spring break and forward to see if anybody asks me, or if I got put on the list at the corporate level for pitching a huge fit and telling them I wanted the names of the salesman and manager so I could file a police report :)

Time will tell!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a chart of the increasing ownership in WorldMark over the past few years. I could post another chart that shows a decrease in the number of members during this time. If timeshares, and WorldMark in particular, are so "evil," why do loyal WorldMark owners keep increasing their average holdings in the Club? Why does anyone own a timeshare, if timeshares are so "evil."

btw - WorldMark timeshare owners now collectively own 3,867,766,000 credits.View attachment 68125
What is the average credit for a one night stay or a seven (7) nights stay?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You're asking how many credits for a week at a WorldMark resort? It varies. Newer resorts are credited higher. Older resorts are extremely reasonable. For example, a Dolphin's Cove 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom for 7 nights is 10,000 credits, or about $840. A 3 bedroom is 12,000 credits, so only about $168 more than a 2 bedroom. Those are incredibly nice, especially after the major update of last year.

Estes Park is pretty reasonable, too, and so is Yellowstone, but the newer resort in Granby is pointed higher and not really all that great.

I love WorldMark as a product, but we bought it to use it and it's not turned out that way.

Tropicgirl13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin, Maui (for 6 days),
How long did it take you to size someone up on their knowledge?

I went to a presentation once and the guy told me a few minutes in "It's obvious I'm not going to sell you anything, but let's just chat for a bit and I'll let you guys out early". Sadly, I think my account got blacklisted because I have never been invited back.
I think I have been black listed as well...... After purchasing one in Hawaii, only to cancel 6 days later.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am now making my 2023 resolution to get blacklisted!
Become a mega renter, and you will accomplish that goal! They hate us.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're asking how many credits for a week at a WorldMark resort? It varies. Newer resorts are credited higher. Older resorts are extremely reasonable. For example, a Dolphin's Cove 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom for 7 nights is 10,000 credits, or about $840. A 3 bedroom is 12,000 credits, so only about $168 more than a 2 bedroom. Those are incredibly nice, especially after the major update of last year.

Estes Park is pretty reasonable, too, and so is Yellowstone, but the newer resort in Granby is pointed higher and not really all that great.

I love WorldMark as a product, but we bought it to use it and it's not turned out that way.

THANK!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The median credits required for all resorts are 8,000 for 7 nights in a 1 bedroom and 10,000 credits for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom. At the average ownership level of 17,000-18,000 credits, that is less than $800 for the 1 bedroom week and less than $1,000 for the 2 bedroom week. I think these costs will hold true in 2023 even after the 7.9% increase in maintenance fees.

On a nightly basis, Friday and Saturday nights are twice the credit cost as Monday through Thursday nights, which is why I avoid Friday and Saturday nights whenever possible (90% of the time for me).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The median credits required for all resorts are 8,000 for 7 nights in a 1 bedroom and 10,000 credits for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom. At the average ownership level of 17,000-18,000 credits, that is less than $800 for the 1 bedroom week and less than $1,000 for the 2 bedroom week. I think these costs will hold true in 2023 even after the 7.9% increase in maintenance fees.

On a nightly basis, Friday and Saturday nights are twice the credit cost as Monday through Thursday nights, which is why I avoid Friday and Saturday nights whenever possible (90% of the time for me).
Thanks, that is the answer, I was searching for.

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
@RowdyRiner in your opinion how much does Wyndham corporate really know about what goes on at the resort level?

What is the best and fastest way to shut a sales person down if you have no intention of buying and just want the free gift?

What's the best and fastest way to shut down a parking pass Nazi....I mean concierge, if you do not want to deal with the back and forth about why you do not want to go to a presentation?

I was one of the lucky ones who got on the Do not sell/solicit list before they started telling people no when they asked. I have have been asked twice to go in the past couple of years.

If we want to report a sales person for deception or illegal practices, who is the best place to go to? REC? States Attorney? Owner care? BBB?

FYI, Wyndham publicly defines commercial use as advertising a rental. This applies to Facebook AirBnB, Redweek, VRBO, etc. So regardless of whether you report your income in your taxes, they will send you a nasty gram if you advertise rentals. I do know of one person who didn't advertise anything but got the letter. I'm wondering if it was because they were an admin of a large Facebook group that specially promotes renting. None of the rest of us got that letter, so I am not sure if that is the case.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions and satisfying our curiosity.
Wyndham Corporate knows all and does not care as long as they're making money. The best way to shut down Salesman and Marketing (Concierge) is to say you're going through bankruptcy or you're in a Lawsuit to Cancel Ownership. As far as complaining, you can call Owner Care but that hardly does anything. Lawyers won't mess with it without money, and the REC wants proof prior, so a recording or screenshots of some sort. Also, to clarify. I pay taxes on all my income, people were just being annoying and it was too easy to elicit a response.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I'm here. Sorry for delay. Holidays and death in the family so I haven't checked in until today.

So sorry to hear about a death in your family. Sincerest condolences on your loss. :cry:

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know about Wyndham but there was a day that I worked on 100% commission and was a w-2 employee, with benefits, health care, a pension plan and 401k
Well yes with Wyndham you are still 100% Commission because you pay the Draw back and yes you get benefits.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
but the newer resort in Granby is pointed higher and not really all that great.
I spent 4 nights (Monday through Thursday) over New Years right after the 4 Bedroom Casitas opened at WorldMark Granby. It was like having our own million dollar mountain cabin! Private hot tub on the deck (it was so cold our hair collected icicles, but we just cranked-up the temperature and drank some wine). It was wellllll worth whatever credits we paid.

Any other timeshares -- Marriot, Hilton, Vistana -- have stand alone 3 and 4 bedroom mountain cabins with private hot tubs in their systems?

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here. Sorry for delay. Holidays and death in the family so I haven't checked in until today.
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss in your family. It is never a good time to lose a family member or a friend.

Please take care of yourself and your family.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent 4 nights (Monday through Thursday) over New Years right after the 4 Bedroom Casitas opened at WorldMark Granby. It was like having our own million dollar mountain cabin! Private hot tub on the deck (it was so cold our hair collected icicles, but we just cranked-up the temperature and drank some wine). It was wellllll worth whatever credits we paid.

Any other timeshares -- Marriot, Hilton, Vistana -- have stand alone 3 and 4 bedroom mountain cabins with private hot tubs in their systems?
Sound liked a penthouse.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
This isn’t in the mountains, but it simply wonderful, the Worldmark at Deer Harbor on orcas Island. Each unit has a hot tub on the deck. There is one each of a three bedroom and a two bedroom right on the harbor front. We’ve been to orcas five times and it’s one of our favorites, although it is getting rather crowded or such a small island. for the first time we have snagged the three bedroom next summer. Which will be great if family can come, although for ourselves, the studios are just awesome best studios in the system.