• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We adopted our week 30 Innseason Pollard Brook through the TUG Marketplace via an ad by Timeshare Nation.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave away my friend’s two Wyndham points contracts. i sold, for less than $1000 on TUG Marketplace, an off season Marriott’s Desert Springs.

lifesabeach101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
River Point, Napa, CA 2 bedroom.

Ocean Landings sleep 2 (2 weeks).
Three for free from the bargin basement.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi
We got a timeshare resale from a TUG Member at Orange Lake, we gave it away after a couple of years to a friend.
Bought a resale for Fitzpatrick’s Castle in Ireland from a Tug member, been using it to do TUG exchanges.
We bought a week at Calini Beach Club in Sarasota , from a tug member and gave it away To a TUG member.
Did the same for Holly Tree in Yarmouth, MA. Bought from TUG member gave to a tug member.
We do a lot with TUG Marketplace I find dealing with TUG members is the easiest way to buy, sell, rent or give away timeshares.
We had 7 timeshares but now we have 3.
Going to hang on to them as long as possible.
Silentg

ASlak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
I tried to give away a Landing at Seven Coves week for months on end on TUG last year - no takers. Finally paid the resort to take it back late last year. In light of the current travel environment, I would be shocked if anyone is able to give away their Timeshare weeks. If you've got the available free time and the inclination, now is probably a great time to accumulate desirable free timeshares.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
i gave away an EOY Hyatt Pinon point bronze and paid closing costs of $400. The transfer started before CV19 and ended after it hit in mid-March.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
About a month ago, we picked up a 3 BR Oceanside unit at the Redington Ambassador in Redington Beach Florida for closing costs. Thank you TUG marketplace!

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
We just gave a timeshare away to a lovely TUGGER. The process went very smoothly, and there was some trust that had to be given on both sides. Because of the TUG community, and we are both longtime members, we were able to trust each other enough to pave way for the transfer of a standing reservation in addition to the deed. TUG rocks!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have adopted a Wyndham. I tried to adopt a Worldmark, but the offer was rescinded as they changed their mind.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

JonnyScott

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Sapphire
I just gave away my 154,000 point Wyndham timeshare (November 2021). I had it listed for 7 weeks in TUG Bargains until the deal was closed. (I had a bite a week after originally listing, but he backed out.) I got a North Carolina (the timeshare location is in North Carolina) warranty deed form from the Internet for $10, had my signature notarized at my credit union, and mailed the deed to the proper county in North Carolina for recording. The recorded deed and Wyndham transfer fee was sent to Wyndham 7 days after the buyer contacted me. The buyer paid for the $26 deed recording fee and the $299 Wyndham transfer fee. The sale finished early enough so the new owners were able to deposit my 2021 Wyndham points into RCI before they expired. (Wyndham points expire at the end of the year unless deposited by March. Any RCI points disappear when a timeshare is sold.)

Tee

Reaction score
I just gave away my 154,000 point Wyndham timeshare (November 2021). I had it listed for 7 weeks in TUG Bargains until the deal was closed. (I had a bite a week after originally listing, but he backed out.) I got a North Carolina (the timeshare location is in North Carolina) warranty deed form from the Internet for $10, had my signature notarized at my credit union, and mailed the deed to the proper county in North Carolina for recording. The recorded deed and Wyndham transfer fee was sent to Wyndham 7 days after the buyer contacted me. The buyer paid for the $26 deed recording fee and the $299 Wyndham transfer fee. The sale finished early enough so the new owners were able to deposit my 2021 Wyndham points into RCI before they expired. (Wyndham points expire at the end of the year unless deposited by March. Any RCI points disappear when a timeshare is sold.)
Congratulations! Remarkable for its rarity.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure all were on the Bargain Deals Forum as it was many years ago,, but I did give or sell 3 to other Tuggers, The Casablanca in Mesquite, NV: Peppertree by the Sea in North Myrtle Beach, SC; and my MROP Week. All were either free or for no more than a couple hundred dollars...

George

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
I adopted a Hilton Bay Club by Waikoloa 8400 points every year. The deed is in our name, waiting for Hilton. All-in, will cost right at $1k after all fees are paid.

jd121212

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
We just gave away our Vacation Village at Parkway timeshare (92,500 points - biennial odd)
which we had purchased on eBay in 2014.
It was posted in the Marketplace and went very quickly; entire process took about 7 weeks.
Everything went very smoothly with LT Transfer.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Since my last post, we have another timeshare. Enchanted Isle in Hollywood, FL bought it sight unseen. Thanks to TUG. We only paid maintenance fee. We went there in March, it was nicer than expected! I wrote a review.