• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Contracts now segregated by Developer and Resale

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Interesting that it will let you add resale points to a developer points booking, which the FAQs indicated was forbidden. Could you start with resale points and see if it lets you add developer points, which was supposed to be allowed?
The example I gave is with Resale adding Developer to make up the difference. I'll see what happens if I try to add Resale to a Developer reservation, Express Window.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting that it will let you add resale points to a developer points booking, which the FAQs indicated was forbidden. Could you start with resale points and see if it lets you add developer points, which was supposed to be allowed?
I could not do that. If I start with Developer, it would only let me add Developer from FUY.

Interesting that I tried the same reservation with Resale and it let me make up the difference with FUY resale and CUY Developer.

Seems that if you start with Resale, you have all types of options inside the Express Window to gather up the points needed.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Thanks; thought on your first post you said you started w/developer points.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Ok, going through the booking process for me this is what happens.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1 BR Deluxe 4/2-9/2022 166K booking attempted. Cost of final night 33K

Starting from availability calendar with 127K FUY resale points available and resale chosen - result is amount needed 39K with option to rent - no option to use FUY developer points available. This does not follow the important information that had been provided saying that we could borrow from developer points for a resale transaction. This also exceeds the limitation on renting points in the SRP because it would allow me to rent 39K while the cost of the final night is only 33K (Page 249 of the directory refers).

Starting from availability calendar with 131,050 FUY developer points available and developer chosen - Ooops! Something unexpected just happened! :rolleyes: (Twice - am a glutton for punishment!)

Starting from map with 131,050 FUY developer points available and developer chosen - Ooops! Something unexpected just happened! :rolleyes: (Just once - I trust that it is in fact hosed up.)

Starting from map with 127K FUY resale points available and resale chosen - result is amount needed 39K with option to rent - no option to use FUY developer points available. This does not follow the important information that had been provided saying that we could borrow from developer points for a resale transaction. This also exceeds the limitation on renting points in the SRP because it would allow me to rent 39K while the cost of the final night is only 33K (Page 249 of the directory refers).

Club Wyndham Orlando International 11/6-13/21 154K

Starting from map with 127K FUY resale points available and resale chosen - result is amount needed 154K 0 available, options to borrow developer or resale or to rent. Checking either borrowing option shows the correct amount of FUY points available.

Starting from map with 131,050 FUY developer points available and developer chosen - result is option to borrow FUY developer or rent.

At least for my account, the system seems to be set up interpreting the use of the term "borrow" to mean the same as when it is used for bringing FUY points to the CUY as implemented for resale and developer points in the ERP. In the SRP, trying to book an FUY stay the system doesn't seem to interpret "borrow" to allow anything, which would match the use of the term for bringing FUY points to the CUY. I can't test an SRP booking with either developer or resale CUY points insufficient to cover as I moved all my points to FUYs. @HitchHiker71, do you have any good POCs that would know how this policy was actually intended to be implemented? We're all in the situation of trying to interpret the words they used to describe what we should be able to do by testing what the system allows us to do - that's really only a good indicator of their meaning and intent if (1) they told the development team in sufficiently clear terms what the system should allow us to do, and (2) the development team accurately translated that direction into the system implementation in a manner that would allow it to reliably accomplish what it is supposed to. The one thing I'm certain of is that the system does not reliably accomplish the function of booking, so I can't tell how it is supposed to really behave.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I check the use developer points button and then added the 29300 from CUY developer points. I took the reservation to step 4 but did not submit. Is this the test you were wanting to see?
View attachment 39551

Just to confirm, you said that you chose Developer points when starting the reservation process correct? If so, wondering why it says resale in the screenshot. Or did you choose Resale when starting the search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I’m wondering if this was due to the ERP window…

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to confirm, you said that you chose Developer points when starting the reservation process correct? If so, wondering why it says resale in the screenshot. Or did you choose Resale when starting the search?

I checked the use developer points option on the Reservation Balance screen. I started with resale.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deleted.

Last edited:

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
On the resale side, does it cost a reservation transaction to add a guest certificate?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
On the resale side, does it cost a reservation transaction to add a guest certificate?

NO, it costs a Guest Cert fee or one of your comped ones.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
TUGGERs, I wanted to share what I feel is some really good news coming soon to a theatre near us. The inability for hybrid VIP owners to combine resale/retail points for SRP/ARP reservations has finally been acknowledged and reproduced by Wyndham. It has been intermittent which was been a major part of the challenge. Some hybrid VIP owners have been able to book using combined resale/retail points in the SRP/ARP, others have not been able to do so. I fall in the latter bucket myself. The Wyndham DT team was able to reproduce the reported issue(s) and identify the required code fixes. This fix is currently slated for the mid-January code release sprint - though there's an outside chance we may see this fix in mid-December - but I'd estimate January to be on the safe side.

Overall - point being - the problem of hybrid VIP owners not being able to combine resale/retail points in the SRP/ARP reservation windows, unlike non-VIP hybrid owners who can do so without any issue - is going to be resolved! :cool: This has been a long time coming for those of us who are hybrid VIP owners.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Some really good news to share resulting from the two outage windows this week - it does appear that the fixes were implemented for hybrid VIP owners to borrow developer points when performing a resale booking transaction in the SRP. I cannot test via ARP since I don't have like contracts in the ARP window - but SRP has been tested per the screenshots below and is working now at least for me. :cool:

1639760616547.png

1639760672096.png

Paul112

Reaction score
Or the actual experience of resale owners, who...just stay at Wyndhams with their resale points and feel it's a generally good value.

I understand that Wyndham appears to have made this and next year's bucket assignments haphazardly and it's kind of a mess. But it seems the plan for moving forward with points that haven't been booked yet (basically 2023 forward) is pretty logical. If you don't feel like they're worth the hassle in the transitional years, I get it. But resale points are worth what they've always been worth in terms of booking vacations, which is pretty useful, especially if you have a low-MF deed. If you'd take the vacations, they're worthwhile. If you wouldn't, then they're not. For resale, it all comes down to are the MFs worth the vacations you'll get with them?
Hi
Thanks..very well put