• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Contracts now segregated by Developer and Resale

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received 216,550 points to use next year and they work like developer points. It's roughly about 35% of my total points combined with my resale points and developer points under a VIP Gold membership.
Interesting. On last night's zoom call with Wyndham we were told the complementary points will be awarded by the end of the month. When did you receive yours? We were told the amount will be based on your current VIP level. My account is still screwed up as all my resale points are still being recognized as VIP developer points. I tried to start a chat during the zoom meeting concerning the matter but didn't receive an acknowledgement.

gregb61

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you share where you see these and how they show up?
They just showed up Monday (correction) night in my available points and they have not been labeled resale or developer points. But, I played around with them and they act like developer points.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
They just showed up Wednesday night in my available points and they not labeled resale or developer points. But, I played around with them and they act developer points.

How does this show up in your Tx history? As a goodwill points grant?

VacayKat

Reaction score
They just showed up Wednesday night in my available points and they not labeled resale or developer points. But, I played around with them and they act developer points.
Interesting - so does that mean for 2022-2023 use year you are showing an excess avaialable over the contract allotment where it shows points available versus granted?

gregb61

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. On last night's zoom call with Wyndham we were told the complementary points will be awarded by the end of the month. When did you receive yours? We were told the amount will be based on your current VIP level. My account is still screwed up as all my resale points are still being recognized as VIP developer points. I tried to start a chat during the zoom meeting concerning the matter but didn't receive an acknowledgement.
Wednesday (correction) night. I'm VIP Gold. I did receive 35% of my total points. Which would be equal to the points discount amount. I would have thought it would be 35% of just the resale points. But, it's more than the number of resale points I have.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The complementary point are suppose to show up as developer points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
They didn't show up in transaction history at all.

Greg, if it's not in your Tx history - I'm going to say this wasn't the complimentary points grant that you think it is. I would contact the dedicated support line to validate - but we also have to remember that we've seen changes to our buckets almost daily since this all started, and that there was a large outage window last night during which more account level changes were processed due to all of the reported issues since the retroactive transaction changes were implemented last week. For example, I also saw bucket changes to my account overnight to my future use year - but that doesn't necessarily equate to the complimentary points grant itself. Based upon what I'm seeing - I don't think the changes I saw are related to the complimentary points grants - as my understanding is that these points grants will be reflected in our Tx history once granted. I would therefore not make the assumption and advertise this as related to the complimentary points such until and unless Wyndham has actually validated this assertion, as doing so is going to promote confusion. I'll follow up with my Wyndham IT contacts now to validate whether any complimentary points grants have been processed as well.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still see no sign of complimentary points in my account.
On the Zoom call we were to by the end of the month. Give it another week.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
On the Zoom call we were to by the end of the month. Give it another week.

We had also been told we would not be charged for online reservation transactions in the month of August. They never mentioned it would be because we couldn't make any reservations with our resale points, though. Little things matter.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
LOL, After all this work trying to manage your Wyndham accounts, you all need a vacation!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
For those who may not be tracking the other thread on resale reservation issues - we believe we have reproduced the reported issue and identified the problem which has in turn been reported to Wyndham now that we've been able to identify and reproduce the specific issue. It is specific to using the monthly availability calendar when attempting to make a reservation using the resale points bucket. We cannot reproduce the problem when using the other date-range based availability search mechanisms - so please use the date-range based search mechanisms for the time being - such as the date-range search via the Explore Resorts area or the same search function via your My Dashboard area. There's more info available on the reported issue on the resale reservation thread.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I saw some changes to my account late last week, after the initial overhaul, but it has been stable for the last few days. I am VIPF with resale as well.

Here is an example that makes no sense - which report do I believe?

Reservation details states resale. Transaction History states Developer.
View attachment 38823View attachment 38826View attachment 38824

View attachment 38825

Why do I care? IF this really is developer, then I will cancel it. And, book again using available resale. Essentially swapping the designation. If this is resale, Wyndham already decremented my account with an RT for this reservation and I would loose another by cancelling and booking again.

After the additional outage window last week - does this reservation still show as mismatched when viewing the Reservation Details vs the Transaction Details/history? Asking for a friend. ;)

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
The 2 I was watching never changed. Reservation detail showed Resale while transaction data showed Developer. I cancelled both of them this morning and the points went to Developer (following the transaction data). The transaction data from the cancel did not show up immediately. Checked after about 2 hours and the transaction data was now appearing.

troy12n

Reaction score
For those who may not be tracking the other thread on resale reservation issues - we believe we have reproduced the reported issue and identified the problem which has in turn been reported to Wyndham now that we've been able to identify and reproduce the specific issue. It is specific to using the monthly availability calendar when attempting to make a reservation using the resale points bucket. We cannot reproduce the problem when using the other date-range based availability search mechanisms - so please use the date-range based search mechanisms for the time being - such as the date-range search via the Explore Resorts area or the same search function via your My Dashboard area. There's more info available on the reported issue on the resale reservation thread.

This doesn't affect me because I have all developer points, but they better not use this issue as an excuse to get rid of the monthly calendar... I would venture to guess most people use this method to book

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
This doesn't affect me because I have all developer points, but they better not use this issue as an excuse to get rid of the monthly calendar... I would venture to guess most people use this method to book
Something I can actually agree with you on. I wrote many a message to Wyndham leadership when the new system came out sans calendar. Thanked leadership when it was returned. I don't think people realized out important the calendar was until it was gone.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Richelle and I and many other TUG folks were instrumental in bringing the monthly availability calendar back in June 2020 not even 45 days after the initial release of the current website. Trust me, it's not going away any time soon - if anything it'll get better over time via gradual improvements.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Y'all make Wyndham sound like such an wonderful resort network. I can see how they help you relax and be reinvigorated. Where do I sign up? ;)

troy12n

Reaction score
Richelle and I and many other TUG folks were instrumental in bringing the monthly availability calendar back in June 2020 not even 45 days after the initial release of the current website. Trust me, it's not going away any time soon - if anything it'll get better over time via gradual improvements.

Thank you, that was my chief complaint with the new website when it initially launched. Lack of monthly calendar made it completely unusable for me. Good thing it was during COVID and I wasn't looking to travel. I don't know how an omission like that was able to get out of QA testing to be honest.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thank you, that was my chief complaint with the new website when it initially launched. Lack of monthly calendar made it completely unusable for me. Good thing it was during COVID and I wasn't looking to travel. I don't know how an omission like that was able to get out of QA testing to be honest.

The answer is that the old website didn't really have any ability to track usage metrics for the various features. They ran some focus groups to attempt to get a sense of what features "normal" owners used frequently during the development phase of the now current website - but obviously they had a big miss on the omission of the monthly calendar view. It is my general understanding that the new cloud based website platform has usage metrics inbuilt that deliver much better visibility into the usage patterns for the website and the features available within the site.

VacayKat

Reaction score
The answer is that the old website didn't really have any ability to track usage metrics for the various features. They ran some focus groups to attempt to get a sense of what features "normal" owners used frequently during the development phase of the now current website - but obviously they had a big miss on the omission of the monthly calendar view. It is my general understanding that the new cloud based website platform has usage metrics inbuilt that deliver much better visibility into the usage patterns for the website and the features available within the site.
Oh gosh - focus groups alone? No wonder they got skewed data. Wonder if they would consider a focus group with people who value functionality over pretty and simple.