• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changes coming to VIP

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The changes are coming

The note at the top of my Wyndham page has changed ..where it used to say
Welcome ...Club Wyndham Plus VIP Owner

now it says

Welcome Ronald J Parise
CLUB WYNDHAM® Silver Owner

Deeper in the site is the same chart with new numbers that come into effect in October

also there is this note

New! VIP Merchandise Collection
Access to purchase a variety of logoed merchandise to show off your VIP status.
Yes

New! CLUB WYNDHAM VIP Now Benefits Yes

So it looks like I can buy coffee Mugs with the Wyndham logo andWe still have to learn what the VIP Now Benefits are

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... The changes are coming ... in the site is the same chart with new numbers that come into effect in October

also there is this note

Yes

New! CLUB WYNDHAM VIP Now Benefits Yes

Called Owner Care today, they are still not releasing what the new benifits are or new point levels. Where did you find the information above?

When you are on hold for reservations and Owner Care, they are both giving a message that the bar for VIP member will be raised.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online learning looks to be updated with the new naming but same point values as before.

Also listed under VIP silver.

New! VIPeek
New! CLUB WYNDHAM VIP Now Benefits

*VIPeek participants are randomly selected.

Jason

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
... But it is interesting that they appear to be making it more difficult for sales folks to use...

I think going forward this makes it easier for sales to use for someone starting out of the gate. Currently it is easy for them (in relative terms) to get someone to VIP gold status. Initial buy of 154. Next purchase of similar to get you to VIP silver. After that it takes 200 to get you to VIP gold but then it will take a 500 point purchase to get you to platinum or more likely 2 - 250k purchases with one of those giving you no added benefit. So most people probably stop at the gold level.

Now you get the initial buy in of 200 with bonus points to show the wonderful world of VIP next you get a 200 purchase to get them to VIP status then you need 2 - 300 point purchases to get them to platinum. It evens out the steps a little more to get them to the top tier. From Wyndham's perspective with the new system you give yourself a greater chance to get a 4th sale and more likely to get an extra 500,000 points in sales resulting in a $60,000-$100,000 in extra sales dollars.

Jason

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
More playing up the VIP ego while likely taking away any real benefits.

"Pay us for a VIP Coffee Mug or Shirt and let the riff raft know YOU are truly special! Yup, you alone (or anyone foolish /unlucky /uninformed enough to believe what we spew) can spend tens of thousands for the exact thing your fellow owners got for a $1 or less. You'd better feel superior or you wasted a ton of money to pay for our fancy cars! On sale today just $45 + annual fee of $50 for washing"

VIP is a total crock. Don't ever buy Wyndham Retail now or you WILL regret it.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
The changes are coming ...
The VIP Line is releasing information on the VIP Changes. They advise of the following:
Existing VIP Status Grandfathered in.
VIP and VIP Gold are the only two points levels changing.
VIP 400,000
Gold 600,000

The upgraded VIP features are:
Perks by Club Wyndham Automatic Renewal
Quarterly CEO Update E-Mail
Merchandise Collection
Annual VIP Cruising through Travel Department

Just found the on-line description of the new VIP changes:

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/member/services/benefits/program_benefits_vip.do

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The changes are coming ...
The upgraded VIP features are:
Perks by Club Wyndham Automatic Renewal
Quarterly CEO Update E-Mail
Merchandise Collection
Annual VIP Cruising through Travel Department

Just found the on-line description of the new VIP changes:

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffr/member/services/benefits/program_benefits_vip.do

These "upgraded VIP features" seem (to put it diplomatically) very limited

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was nothing on the page describing any enhancements to the VIP program. It seems very odd just to announce the point levels being raised.
Doug

persia

Reaction score
Cruising the Good Life – annual cruise for CLUB WYNDHAM Gold and Platinum Owners – (cruise is cash only)

CRUISE IS CASH ONLY, we don't take those point thingies here...

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cruising the Good Life – annual cruise for CLUB WYNDHAM Gold and Platinum Owners – (cruise is cash only)

Now VIP Gold owners can experience what the rest of us resale owners do. Being the bottom of the barrel.

"Oh your only VIP gold...And under the old point system! The Horror. The Horror. I didn't even know they let your kind on here!"

*Ok so that might be a little over dramatic but still funny...

Jason

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
They now will automatically take $49.95 a year out of your credit card for Perks by Wyndham membership, providing them with a steady income stream....

Is that what a newspaper delivery to your front door costs?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Vaguely Interesting Payer

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I purchase resale (3 weeks) Fixed weeks then converted to points, but also did some PICs, and an equity trade for a resort with a huge SA and then purchased from Wyndham 160K all in one transaction to get VIP Platinum. So it was calculated cost but worthwhile for me. Can't do this anymore because of the change in rules, but I am glad I did it when I did it.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I purchase resale (3 weeks) Fixed weeks then converted to points, but also did some PICs, and an equity trade for a resort with a huge SA and then purchased from Wyndham 160K all in one transaction to get VIP Platinum. So it was calculated cost but worthwhile for me. Can't do this anymore because of the change in rules, but I am glad I did it when I did it.

Congratulations on it working out. The good news for re-sellers in Wyndhamland is that if Wyndham keeps taking back fixed weeks or converted fixed weeks bought re-sale and gives equity trades for them for VIP Status, that, over time, would tend to decrease the pool of re-sale units on the market. This would hopefully increase the value of re-sale units.

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe with the new program they are handing out VIP Memberships for free!

I just got this email from Franz. It is says how he wants "me" to get the most out of my VIP membership. The only problem is I bought resale so I am approximately 300,000 points away from VIP. Did anyone else (non VIP types) get this?

Jason

VIPLetter.JPG

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
I just got this email from Franz. It is says how he wants "me" to get the most out of my VIP membership. The only problem is I bought resale so I am approximately 300,000 points away from VIP. Did anyone else (non VIP types) get this?

Jason

View attachment 1066

I got this same email- What's up?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are VIP Platinum and got it cheaply. I know how to do it, they are still doing it, and it's a great value. So yes, I did buy from the developer, and no, I am not a negative person about VIP Platinum, when you do it cheaply.

I wouldn't tell anyone to rescind a purchase with VIP Platinum going the way we did. I have posted it here in the past, and people have pooh-poohed my way, saying it isn't possible anymore, but I know it absolutely is possible. The salespeople only push this path to VIP in one resort area that I know about, but there may be others.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I got this same email- What's up?

One of the enhancements the VIP line indicated was going to be a E-Mail from the CEO Quarterly. If I remember from the last Annual Owners Meeting, they were going to do E-Mails up to four times a year anyway. This is probably why it went out.

antjmar

Reaction score

Jason

View attachment 1066

I got it too, but I would be vip if I hadnt bought resale.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are VIP Platinum and got it cheaply. I know how to do it, they are still doing it, and it's a great value. So yes, I did buy from the developer, and no, I am not a negative person about VIP Platinum, when you do it cheaply.

I wouldn't tell anyone to rescind a purchase with VIP Platinum going the way we did. I have posted it here in the past, and people have pooh-poohed my way, saying it isn't possible anymore, but I know it absolutely is possible. The salespeople only push this path to VIP in one resort area that I know about, but there may be others.

What way? What path? What resort?

can you post a link to your prior posts on this topic?

persia

Reaction score