• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Changes

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Just as important they also all were recognized at Hilton and posted at 14X for HH points.
Also worth noting that even HGVC locations that don't generate the Aspire credit W. 57th, for example, also register as Hilton for 14X.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I did notice my most recent Aspire statement they now provide a link to a webpage showing exactly which hotels should trigger the resort credit, effective Aug 1st, 2024.

That should remove some of the confusion from the older link that just covered "Hilton Resorts" and be easier to lookup.

I did use my surpass card to pay for a HGV reservation fee, and that did trigger the credit within a few days.
is it just me or is Maui Bay Villas not on this list?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Also worth noting that even HGVC locations that don't generate the Aspire credit W. 57th, for example, also register as Hilton for 14X.

Cheers.
Any Hilton should earn 14x. It's the resorts that qualify for Aspire credit that are limited.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
is it just me or is Maui Bay Villas not on this list?
Thats interesting, but I don't see MBV on that list either. Not sure of its an oversight or intentional omission.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
I can confirm that MBV charges did not trigger the Aspire credit. A stay at the Hilton Grand Naniloa in Hilo after my MBV stay did trigger the credit (and is on the list).

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
that really surprises me but is good to know for our upcoming visit. i was going to do her aspire at maui and mine in november at Lagoon.

Will instead prepay MFs at Paradise in Dec and hope those still fly.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
that really surprises me
That resort isn't even finished yet, and when it is, it still has some downsides compared to what a typical Hilton resort experience provides. I'm not surprised Hilton (not HGVC) doesn't want to promote it as a resort on their website.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
So I verified the United Travel Bank credit for me on Aspire - do they use normal fiscal quarters, so the next one should be Oct 1st? It's kind of annoying to have to calendar it 4x a year lol.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
PSA Q3 ends in a week. Please remember to do the following:

ASPIRE Q3: $50 Flight credit
SURPASS Q3: $50 Hilton Credit (use for any Hilton Room or MF)

ASPIRE 2H Resort Credit: Plan for how you will spend your 2H $200 Resort Credit limited to rooms and room charges at specified resorts or MF.

Chase SAPPHIRE: Quarterly $15 Door Dash Food Credit (Quarterly rollover credit of $5 each month)
Monthly $10 x 2 DoorDash Grocery Credit (IMO this benefit sucks because you pay it in DD Fees and Delivery Tips unless you find a pickup grocery like 7/11)

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
We will see if others, that aren't on the list, still work. I will be very surprised if that list is 100% accurate for credit

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I thought since last year Elara hasn't been able to trigger the credit because the way the MF charge is coded.
I received the credit for my Elara MF payment, though I do recall someone mentioning they did not receive the credit for Elara. So conflicting data points for you...

With the new list of eligible resorts published, it will be interesting to see if they added any new controls on the backend that might impact MF payments that are technically made to the HOA instead of a folio / front desk charge. I don't see any language about that, so hopefully everything continues to work as it has.