• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's from II for 2009 Marriott deposits

ronmhjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday and spoke with the customer service department. It was a NO GO!! Just as you have all described they had no dates for the issuance of MMC or MSE ACs. I asked for a manager to call me back. I'm still waiting....:zzz:

Marylyn,

When you talk to the manager, could you ask if you have already deposited a week and AC becuase available for the week already deposited do you still get an AC. I was told yesterday when I deposited my MSE week that I would still get it, if one became available.

Thanks!

Ron

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I got an A/C for my 2009 Waiohai week. I deposited August 2nd.(is that Sat next year).

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an A/C for my 2009 Waiohai week. I deposited August 2nd.(is that Sat next year).

couldn't you deposit a June 2009 week for me? :D

I have been waiting forever for my trades to come through and still no joy. :(

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still trying to understand Marriott's system and II's. I own a gold MMC week. What is the best time for me to deposit? Can I expect an AC?

Thanks for any feedback?

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
couldn't you deposit a June 2009 week for me? :D

I have been waiting forever for my trades to come through and still no joy. :(
Oh... Shoot... I didn't even think of that. I would have too. Man... I'm so sorry... Hope you forgive me.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh... Shoot... I didn't even think of that. I would have too. Man... I'm so sorry... Hope you forgive me.

No worries, if they don't come through, we will probably change it to 3 weeks in Oct, I am sure we will have no trouble getting that, or FF seats. We just won't have folks joining us as we would have originally though since one is a teacher. Oh well, too bad for them.

leskiw

TUG Member
Reaction score
ACs for Grand Vista?

I think it would be interesting to see if any Marriott resorts are being offered AC's for 2009 weeks. If there are currently no AC's being offered, keep checking with II and let everyone know when an AC is offered for your resort.

There sure seemed to be fewer AC's offered for '08, according to Tuggers, than in previous years. Just trying to see if this trend is continuing into 2009.

As of now, according to my search, no 2009 AC's are being offered at:

Waiohai,
Legends Edge,
Grand Vista,
BeachPlace Towers,
Ocean Pointe,
Villas of Doral

My test was using Mid-Jan, Mid-Feb, and Mid-March. weeks. :D

Note: I am asking about 2009 weeks only.

I am thinking about buying platinum grand vista, do any of you know the history of whether or not it has received an AC in the past? How about this year so far? II seems to be really stingy about offering ACs this year. :(

leskiw

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC for MMC

Still trying to understand Marriott's system and II's. I own a gold MMC week. What is the best time for me to deposit? Can I expect an AC?

Thanks for any feedback?

Early in the thread we were talking about this, those of us with Platinum weeks can't even get an AC for July-August yet, II said to check in Oct-Nov and then MAYBE they would be offering an AC for July-August. :mad:

Dave

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any feedback?

II offers ACs for high demand weeks as incentive to deposit. Gold at MMC is March and November, off season and not very high demand, so I doubt II will ever offer an AC for gold MMC weeks.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marylyn,

When you talk to the manager, could you ask if you have already deposited a week and AC becuase available for the week already deposited do you still get an AC. I was told yesterday when I deposited my MSE week that I would still get it, if one became available.

Thanks!

Ron

Hi Ron,

I was told the exact opposite. I was told if I deposit my MMCs and my MSE weeks now that I will NOT get an AC when they issue them. If you can, please check again, get a manager's name, and let us know. Talking to clerks has not helped one little bit-- and the manager, predictably, never phoned me back. What a way to run an airline!!:annoyed:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ron,

I was told the exact opposite. I was told if I deposit my MMCs and my MSE weeks now that I will NOT get an AC when they issue them. If you can, please check again, get a manager's name, and let us know. Talking to clerks has not helped one little bit-- and the manager, predictably, never phoned me back. What a way to run an airline!!:annoyed:

This is the policy. They dont give ACs for deposits made before the offer. However,this doesnt mean that if there is an offer for an AC after your deposit that you cant ask for one and possibly still get one.

jesuis1837

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well... i wont get an AC this year with my MMC but i'm happy as i've made a request first as suggested here and got the exchange we want last night! :whoopie: Marriott Horizon with the pirate boat for my boys July 4th-11 ! :D Surprise to see II with no AC yet this year for MMC but nonetheless i'm glad i had the exchange i was looking for!;)

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well... i wont get an AC this year with my MMC but i'm happy as i've made a request first as suggested here and got the exchange we want last night! :whoopie: Marriott Horizon with the pirate boat for my boys July 4th-11 ! :D Surprise to see II with no AC yet this year for MMC but nonetheless i'm glad i had the exchange i was looking for!;)

Funny I deposited that week into II three weeks ago. I was handling someone else's account at the time and acting as her consultant. Some consultant:annoyed: it took well over an hour and I got a big Bubkus for pay. She's my doc's wife so I figured I'd help out, but her account was a mess and before I knew it, an hour and 20 minutes had passed.

Reaction score
I just got an AC yesterday when I deposited my March 09 week at Mountainside. I've never used an AC before - what's the deal with them? Are there any fees to redeem, and I assume the properties available are fairly limited. Is it really just a free week?

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an AC yesterday when I deposited my March 09 week at Mountainside. I've never used an AC before - what's the deal with them? Are there any fees to redeem, and I assume the properties available are fairly limited. Is it really just a free week?

See the FAQ section of the Marriott forum. Dave explains the AC process.

To answer your question, the weeks cost $$ depending on the size unit you select and the travel dates are restricted to lowseason. If you like to book late minute travel (59 days till checkin), ACs would be perfect.

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I'm still surprised that Nov - Thanksgiving, and March - Easter, aren't considered high demand weeks worthy of an AC by II.

Guess I'll try request first and hope for a great exchange.

BTW, do I have to select a Gold week first before requesting first, and will II tell me which weeks are the most sought after?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
....Guess I'll try request first and hope for a great exchange.

BTW, do I have to select a Gold week first before requesting first, and will II tell me which weeks are the most sought after?

Yes, you need to reserve a week first, either online or by calling Marriott. You may call II and ask about demand, but basically it is the same as the "demand index" link located to the right side of your resort's description on the II website.

Terry

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any ACs for Manor Club yet??

Just checking---Did anyone get an AC for their platinum Manor Club weeks? I check periodically. I'm thinking I must deposit them soon.

S

Steamboat Bill

Just checking---Did anyone get an AC for their platinum Manor Club weeks? I check periodically. I'm thinking I must deposit them soon.

I gave up and simply deposited...better luck next year.

SBtraveler

Reaction score
No AC online but it was available by phone

I am really glad I read this thread. I saw an AC when I checked earlier this summer for a 1 bedroom at Ko Olina for July 4th, 2009. I was waiting to deposit until the end of summer. When I checked back on Aug 30th, the AC didn't show up online. I decided read-up on this issue on TUG. Then I called II, yesh, they had one for me. I almost deposited it online without calling.
Thanks folks

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I gave up and simply deposited...better luck next year.

Well I will be keeping my week this year and going to MMC if no AC is offered.

For me an AC is the incentive I need to deposit. Without an AC I do not want to trade and pay a fee. If AC's stop all together I may cancell my II membership and try one of the independent companies when I want to trade.

Ray

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I will be keeping my week this year and going to MMC if no AC is offered.

For me an AC is the incentive I need to deposit. Without an AC I do not want to trade and pay a fee. If AC's stop all together I may cancell my II membership and try one of the independent companies when I want to trade.

Ray

So what will you do with your MMC week if you did not intend on going to MMC provided II had offered you an AC?

Just wondering.

Terry

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
So what will you do with your MMC week if you did not intend on going to MMC provided II had offered you an AC?

Just wondering.

Terry

I have many places on my list; Custom House, Disney, East Coast Beach Locations, Newport Coast, NYC... I have only had a timeshare since Jan 2006, so far I have traded every year and gotten an AC. I look forward to going to Manor Club, but since I have many places on my list to go, as long as they give AC's I will most likley trade it through II to get a second week of timesharing each year.

If no AC I will save my membership and exchange fees and enjoy Manor Club.

Ray