• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's from II for 2009 Marriott deposits

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Im new to Marriott and ACs. I have not deposited my Horizon Branson 1br and studio Aug 09 weeks yet with II. They do appear in my II so that I may exchange them if I wish. Do I need to deposit these weeks first before I see the AC message?

Thanks!

Tom

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Hi

Im new to Marriott and ACs. I have not deposited my Horizon Branson 1br and studio Aug 09 weeks yet with II. They do appear in my II so that I may exchange them if I wish. Do I need to deposit these weeks first before I see the AC message?

Thanks!

Tom

On-line, for both fixed or floating weeks, you will get the message when you click on the Deposit button. The next screen (Deposit Details) has a statement to the effect that the deposit will get you a AC. You still can cancel the deposit at that point.

For fixed weeks, you will see a green icon for the week on the Deposit/Extend A Week screen.

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just before you confirm your deposit a message will appear telling you that you will receive an AC for your deposit.

I would call II and conirm before depositing if I were you.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, II does not offer ACs for studio units.

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all. You are terrific! No AC is showing up for either my 1br or studio. Looks like a call in to II is in order.

Tom

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
1br does qualify, studio not. Thanks again. I had to call this in as I mistakenly deposited my 1br unit without seeing the AC message.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Does anyone know the 2009 date ranges that II is offering AC's for Marriott Desert Springs Villas II ?

Thanks you!

I called II and the rep said there are no 2009 dates for AC's for DSV II. Anyone had any luck ?

I have been told this before by reps who don't really now how to search for AC eligibility by resorts.

I am down to the final days of Marriott recognizing me as an owner and I need to hurry up and book my 2009 Gold week.

Thx!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called II and the rep said there are no 2009 dates for AC's for DSV II. Anyone had any luck ?

I have been told this before by reps who don't really now how to search for AC eligibility by resorts.

I am down to the final days of Marriott recognizing me as an owner and I need to hurry up and book my 2009 Gold week.

Thx!

DSV II was offered AC's from December '08 through May '09.

maryk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too am new at Marriott and AC's.

I barely understand these AC's. Can someone explain how use use an AC? Is it an extra week with a time limit?

What type of unit do you get- does it match what you traded?

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is an AC?

A. “Accommodation Certificate”Interval International (II) offers an incentive bonus to owners of high-demand weeks who deposit them with II. That bonus is an Accommodation Certificate (“AC”), which can be exchanged for a week through II. Your exchange choices will be limited and generally won’t be prime season weeks. Thus, there are effectively blackout dates and blackout resorts. The restrictions for your AC will differ from the restrictions on some other ACs.

In addition, you can use your deposited week to exchange for another week.

During the last 59 days (“Flexchange”) before a week for which you would like to redeem your AC, you can see almost any week available in the II exchange system, other than those weeks restricted for various resort system (such as Marriott) internal trading preferences.

The cost to redeem an AC ranges from $199 to $299: $199 for a studio, $249 for a 1BR and $299 for a 2BR.

The AC is valid for one year from the date it is issued, which is usually soon after you make your deposit. Thus, to use your AC, you must reserve and take your additional vacation during that one-year period. That suggests some strategy, since the longer you wait before depositing, the longer you will have to use that AC once it is issued. The challenge is to balance that additional time against possible reduced trading power for your week due to delaying your deposit.

There is no guarantee that you’ll receive an AC every year you deposit your week. The demand for your week could change, possibly leading II to stop offering an AC for your week. Also, you won’t get an AC if you use the request-first method for requesting an exchange, under which you hold onto your week until you get an exchange that’s acceptable to you.

Because most available weeks that can be confirmed with an AC are off-season (except during Flexchange), ACs don’t work well for everyone. Many, many ACs go unused. However, if you don’t mind traveling in the off-season or scheduling your trip on short notice (during Flexchange), you might well be thrilled with the results.

To determine if your week currently qualifies for an AC, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your II account.

2. Select “Exchange”.

3. Select “Deposit/Extend a Week”.

4. Select “Deposit” for an eligible (1BR or larger) 2008 week.

5. Enter (or make up) your Reservation # (for Marriott owners a 8-digit Marriott “Reservation No.” starting with “8”). Also select your actual or a hypothetical “Check-in Date”. Then click on “Continue”.

6. If you are lucky, the next screen (“Deposit Details”) will have two paragraphs. The first paragraph will explain how long you will have to complete an exchange if you deposit the week. The second paragraph, the one you hope to see, will read something like the following:

Deposit this unit and you’ll earn a Bonus Week Certificate that’s good for an additional one-week accommodations at an Interval member resort (certain fees and restrictions may apply). Once your unit is verified for deposit, the certificate will be issued so come back to IntervalWorld.com soon to check on the status of - and to start planning - your bonus vacation.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
One more piece of advice: At that “Deposit Details” screen, do not click on “Deposit” unless you really want to deposit it!

korndoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just deposited my Desert Springs Villas I on the phone with Marriott. I did not talk with an II advisor nor did I do this on line. I was talking to the Marriott counselor at the Marriott phone number and I was just asking some questions. He said he could make the deposit for me, so I let him.

This was for the New Year's week #52, for 2009. How can I find out if I should have gotten an AC? Is it too late since I deposited to II through Marriott rather than directly through II?

Jeff

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I just deposited my Desert Springs Villas I on the phone with Marriott. I did not talk with an II advisor nor did I do this on line. I was talking to the Marriott counselor at the Marriott phone number and I was just asking some questions. He said he could make the deposit for me, so I let him.

This was for the New Year's week #52, for 2009. How can I find out if I should have gotten an AC? Is it too late since I deposited to II through Marriott rather than directly through II?

Jeff

The actual deposit was to II, so if the week was eligible you would still receive the AC. You can call II directly and check if that week received AC's and. of course if it did, request one.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Jeff

I have week 52 reserved at DSV II, and II is NOT yet offering AC's for that week. Only weeks through May '09 are getting them. I was told that II did offer AC's for week 52 last year and still may do so for '09 later on, but due to changes in the economy, I wouldn't count on it. :(

soob

Reaction score
Its worth calling II to ask if they want your unit

I phoned II to see if they would like my Orlando Platinum week at Cypress Harbour in return for an AC! They said they would so I deposited my unit and had to call back again and eventually spoke to a superviser who has now given me an AC but it was a hard job.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Talked to II on Sunday March 29 regarding deposting one of my Manor Club MMC 2 bdrm reservations for the July 4th week and mentioned I was holding off until they were giving AC's for it ... she said they were not giving AC's for MMC this year for sure. I told her I'd advertise on Ebay instead and II wouldn't get it, but she still wouldn't budge. This is the first time in my history that II hasn't offered an AC for an MMC platinum. Odd thing is that she said they had absolutely no MMC availabilities for that week so it does make you wonder who is pulling the strings right now as it's gotta be costing them business.

Brian

jesuis1837

TUG Member
Reaction score
MMC hasnt given up any AC at MMC for 2009 but what about 2010? Are you saying your July 4 2010 wont pull, AGAIN, any AC?:( :eek: Or maybe were you talking about july 2009...:doh: :doh: Anyhow, it looks like MMC isnt as beneficial as before...:(

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Sorry for the confusion ... my week is for July 4th week of 2009 - this year. I've been holding on to it in case II made a late decision to offer AC's. Have no idea what they are going to do for 2010 and suspect they don't either.

I suspect this AC situation has some relationship to the 'rumour' that Marriott is going to start their own exchange program.

Brian

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Brian- What I don't understand is that if Marriott does actually start its own internal exchange system, then any Marriotts in II would become more valuable, wouldn't they? I would think that II would be trying to get as many as they could now (and therefore be offering more AC's) if they were concerned about a possible internal exchange system.

In this market, I would be surprised if Marriott rolled anything new out. Too much uncertainty and too much manpower, at a time when they are trying to cut costs.

It is possible that II is just getting a lot of deposits given the economy and doesn't need to offer incentives to get more. Last year timeshare owners were using vacations that had already been paid for, but may be hesitant or unable to book new airfare, etc., depending upon their circumstances, so they may just be depositing for future use.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do agree somewhat about availability as there are plenty of summertime units still available today at various resorts and times in Williamsburg. However, we started seeing this trend last year when resorts in places like Vegas were getting AC's while the Marriott Grand Chateau owners were not. Same holds true for many summer units in Colorado. That makes no sense at all.

I wonder if any Williamsburg units got AC's for 2009.

I just wish that if Marriott is truly going to a points/internal trading system, that they would hurry up and do it. I am getting tired of hearing about it. ;)