• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's from II for 2009 Marriott deposits

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to see if any Marriott resorts are being offered AC's for 2009 weeks. If there are currently no AC's being offered, keep checking with II and let everyone know when an AC is offered for your resort.

There sure seemed to be fewer AC's offered for '08, according to Tuggers, than in previous years. Just trying to see if this trend is continuing into 2009.

As of now, according to my search, no 2009 AC's are being offered at:

Waiohai,
Legends Edge,
Grand Vista,
BeachPlace Towers,
Ocean Pointe,
Villas of Doral

My test was using Mid-Jan, Mid-Feb, and Mid-March. weeks. :D

Note: I am asking about 2009 weeks only.

Last edited:

seatrout

Reaction score
I think purpose of AC is to entice deposits and get rid of excess inventory.
I noticed in 2005/6 was that Getaway used to cost slightly more and AC easier to get. It may be that II has difficulty getting rid of Getaway inventory with this methods.

So this year and last-- Getaway is cheaper-- and AC harder to get. Just my 2cent. I used to count on AC for MGV and OP. Not anymore.

Thinze- I am heading to Vegas during the Valentine week. Please post an update on your vegas post on adult shows- Right now we only have purchased the LOVE shows.

Delicate Arch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that the Waiohai purchase (at least if you bought from Marriott) guaranteed an AC when deposited. Am I remembeing this incorrectly?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a guaranteed AC. II decides what weeks it will give an AC for. That decision is not one that Marriott controls.

I can believe that a sales person might say "You're guaranteed to get an AC every year." You likely will, but there is no way to be sure.

Note that guarantees/promises are only valid if they are part of the written purchase contract. I'll "guarantee" that the promise of an every-year AC wasn't in your purchase contract!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think purpose of AC is to entice deposits and get rid of excess inventory.
I noticed in 2005/6 was that Getaway used to cost slightly more and AC easier to get. It may be that II has difficulty getting rid of Getaway inventory with this methods.

So this year and last-- Getaway is cheaper-- and AC harder to get. Just my 2cent. I used to count on AC for MGV and OP. Not anymore.

Thinze- I am heading to Vegas during the Valentine week. Please post an update on your vegas post on adult shows- Right now we only have purchased the LOVE shows.

You are the first that I have heard this from. Maybe you're on to something.

P.S.
We have only bought Love tickets as well. I'll post if we do anything different.
We'll be there this Friday thru Monday.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that the Waiohai purchase (at least if you bought from Marriott) guaranteed an AC when deposited. Am I remembeing this incorrectly?

When we toured Maui about six years ago, my wife and I were told the same thing, "You will get two weeks every year." Because I was a green horn, I came home and researched II and MVCI. When I contacted II and asked about the "bonus week" every year, the II rep. said "absolutely not." We then realized that we had been lied to buy a smooth talking salesman.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a guaranteed AC. II decides what weeks it will give an AC for. That decision is not one that Marriott controls.

I can believe that a sales person might say "You're guaranteed to get an AC every year." You likely will, but there is no way to be sure.

Note that guarantees/promises are only valid if they are part of the written purchase contract. I'll "guarantee" that the promise of an every-year AC wasn't in your purchase contract!

Actually I did have it in my contract that I was guaranteed an AC for every Waiohai deposit for 5 yrs from the date of purchase. Granted, for every other year usage, it means only 2 deposits, but I was guaranteed it.

It is also Hawaii so I would imagine I would get it anyway.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Such a written guarantee would really surprise me! Also, your statement conflicts with some of your posts back in 2006 and 2007 wherein you hoped to get an AC for depositing your Waiohai week. Here is one example.

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually I did have it in my contract that I was guaranteed an AC for every Waiohai deposit for 5 yrs from the date of purchase. Granted, for every other year usage, it means only 2 deposits, but I was guaranteed it.

It is also Hawaii so I would imagine I would get it anyway.

So if you deposited a February 2009 week you would receive an AC?
When I try it, nothing comes up. :shrug:

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's in my Ko'Olina contract as Exhibit G

I just went through the sales pitch at Ko'Olina and it is still part of the purchase contract.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not have 2009, but theoretically I should. I did try various timeframes last year and for some it did not say an automatic AC, I guess I would have to argue it with them if that situation came up.

But I have been trying to get decent weeks for trading purposes. Imagine my surprise when we were just about through with the weekend after July 4th last year when I went online, there was still July 4th week available, granted it was for a Sunday check in.

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am using full 2 bedroom again in 09 so I don't know but my contract says I get one for 5 years so I assume so.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
AC's now available!!

I just checked, and II is now offereing an AC for all dates through May of 2009 for a Waiohai deposit. :banana:

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
I own a Ocean Watch Gold in MB and I just checked a few weeks in April and I would receive an AC if I deposit the week. Last year April weeks did not qualify for and AC. In 2009 they do.

Vicki

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing for Shadow Ridge Plat this year
Got AC in the past

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What exactly is an AC? I have tried to search for a thread explaining it, but to search you need at least 4 letters ... AC** does not work. ;-(
Many questions related to
Marriott timeshares can be answered by the FAQs for this Marriott forum - located at the top of the list of topics for the forum. Here is the link that explains what an Accommodations Certificate is, how to get one, how to use it and how much it costs to use it.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I had the same guarantee for my Waiohai unit too. An AC with every deposit but I never deposit it. I think, my 5 years are up this year because I bought back in 2003. And, yes it is written into my contract it even states that you cannot trade back to Hawaii or a Colorado Ski week. My friends who bought Maui got the same guarantee but it didn't have a location restriction. The other thing to note in the contract it is called a bonus week not an AC. I'm not sure if they are one of the same but they might be.

Good luck on all your ACs...

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just deposited my 2009 NCV Easter week with II and received and AC.

Nice! Is Easter week platinum, gold or silver at NCV?

I just checked. Still no AC's being offered for BeachPlace Towers or Ocean Pointe.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked today for MSE and was told no ACs for any dates--try back in a month. :(

JimH

TUG Member
Reaction score
To clarify on the 5 year AC guarantee. I bought in the new tower at MOC, got the written guarantee of AC for 5 years. I actually used it, locked off and deposited my 2007 usage. When I deposited with II I got a two bedroom AC from II. A day or two later I received a one bedroom AC and a studio AC. Called II to clarify, the one bedroom and the studio are issued by Marriott, nothing to do with II. So for my 2007 usage I received an exchange of the one bedroom into a two bedroom at Kauai Beach Club, exhanged the studio for a Ko'Olina studio. Managed to tie these two exchanges on to the 2008 President's week I managed to book in Maui. Used the AC's to go to Manor Club, Lawrence Welk Palm Springs and Fairmont (just down the road in British Columbia)! Will probably deposit my 2009 usage as well.