• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2024 Annual Owners Meeting - Anyone Attending in Person

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
I would like to learn more about Sports Illustrated Resorts and more candor around what RCI can do to be more competitive with II
With regards to RCI, I personally feel that not only are they more expensive than II. I feel more and more resorts are going to II (Examples: Disney, Hilton / Diamond are more so in II than RCI, Grand Pacific Palisades). RCI needs to be more competitive.
The round table end discussion had a soft ball RCI question around "How do you transfer points to RCI?" rather than share what they are doing to keep RCI completive
I'm going to guess part of the reason these weren't addressed is these are technically not "Club Wyndham" things, and this was specifically a Club Wyndham meeting. They fall under other areas of Travel + Leisure Co.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I guess total points ownership is a thing for Wyndham. Why did total points ownership decrease? Was it mostly a lot of defaults due to Covid?

I'd like to see a bell curve showing the distribution of account size. And if they have the same thing from whenever it was that Wyndham started its crusade against owner-renters (I think Owner Priority was the first step).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I think the only truly new thing I learned was a confirmation that an actual app is on the way. Along with the app, they're adding the ability to do regional searches, and to save searches. I don't know if those capabilities will be app-only or also on the website.
Both. @Richelle and I have been participating in periodic Wyndham app reviews over the past several months - however we signed NDAs that prevented us from sharing anything until the app is released. Suffice it to say much of the feedback we've shared is largely based upon the collective feedback gathered from the FB Wyndham groups and TUGGERs over time. I believe it's tentatively supposed to be released in late 2024, but wouldn't be surprised if it slips into 2025 timeframe.
They touched on VacationShare, and in the Q&A confirmed that the only main differences between it and Extra Holidays is the user-directed web experience, vs. the phone agent-involved experience with EH.

I found it interesting that in the education session, one of the scenarios included using RCI Gift of Vacation, which is a pretty deep cut that I assume isn't very well known.

In the financial presentation, they noted that the number of points owned by members is finally back up above 2019 levels.
Good info - thanks for sharing.

WManning

Reaction score
There is no block. Guests are allowed to be there. It’s just that owners are limited to the number of guest certificates they can use during owner priority period, when they are not traveling with an owner. This policy has been in place for a few years now. I saw on social media that is got a lot of positive feedback. Most of people who didn’t like it were those who were renting their timeshare for profit. They are the reason for the policy. So I don’t expect it to be talked about much. I personally like that policy. I know a lot of people who do.
The policy helped owners booking for personal use. It was cheaper to rent then to own a few years ago. Owning is better value now without all the cheap rentals that were advertised for 20-50%below a non VIP owners cost.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The policy helped owners booking for personal use. It was cheaper to rent then to own a few years ago. Owning is better value now without all the cheap rentals that were advertised for 20-50%below a non VIP owners cost.
I wonder how much it helps Wyndham sales - you want to stay here - you need to be an owner.

WManning

Reaction score
I wonder how much it helps Wyndham sales - you want to stay here - you need to be an owner.
Eliminating the cheap rentals forced me to pickup a low maintenance fee ownership. The price on resale deeds is probably at a all time low. The market was flooded when VIP owners dumped millions of points. I'm sure Wyndham also benefited with certified exit providing them with free inventory to sell.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Eliminating the cheap rentals forced me to pickup a low maintenance fee ownership. The price on resale deeds is probably at an all time low. The market was flooded when VIP owners dumped millions of points. I'm sure Wyndham also benefited with certified exit providing them with free inventory to sell.
To sell and to keep for rental purposes through their own and contracted agencies.

WManning

Reaction score
To sell and to keep for rental purposes through their own and contracted agencies.
Never thought Wyndham would be taking back inventory for rental purpose. At $250 per thousand I figured it was for resale use only. I wonder how profitable they are on renting their own inventory? Even if Wyndham rents for $12/1000. They only make At best case $6/1000 after paying maintenance fee for the ownership. Sounds pretty hypocritical of them if they are renting after stopping owners from doing the same thing. I wonder if Wyndham uses the VIP discounts and upgrades on inventory that is taken back from owners through certified exit. Would certified exit inventory recieve the VIP discounts and upgrades if Wyndham is owner?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Never thought Wyndham would be taking back inventory for rental purpose. At $250 per thousand I figured it was for resale use only. I wonder how profitable they are on renting their own inventory? Even if Wyndham rents for $12/1000. They only make At best case $6/1000 after paying maintenance fee for the ownership. Sounds pretty hypocritical of them if they are renting after stopping owners from doing the same thing. I wonder if Wyndham uses the VIP discounts and upgrades on inventory that is taken back from owners through certified exit. Would certified exit inventory recieve the VIP discounts and upgrades if Wyndham is owner?
Questions we may never know the answers to. My guess is Wyndham's first choice is to re-sell acquired inventory. In the meantime, they play the rental market and they play it however they want.

A while back, one of the guys at Extra Holidays reeled off the websites where EH lists. There were a bunch of them -- every travel site I'd heard of and two or three that were new to me. There's no reason to think that Wyndham corporate does any less.

It's hard not to be cynical, isn't it?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I wonder if there is a more sophisticated department than EH that handles renting the 'available' inventory (such as unsold contracts (however points were acquired by Wyndham)). Just yesterday, I was surprised to see Wyndham Timeshares offered as a Wyndham Rewards option. I've seen them offered in American Express travel using American Express points.

Amazing marketing / strategy on behalf of Wyndham. All the while targeting the mega-renter and the psychology in play pitting owners against owners and blaming mega-renters.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I wonder if there is a more sophisticated department than EH that handles renting the 'available' inventory (such as unsold contracts (however points were acquired by Wyndham)). Just yesterday, I was surprised to see Wyndham Timeshares offered as a Wyndham Rewards option. I've seen them offered in American Express travel using American Express points.

Amazing marketing / strategy on behalf of Wyndham. All the while targeting the mega-renter and the psychology in play pitting owners against owners and blaming mega-renters.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
If you mean being able to use the WR program to make reservations at Club Wyndham resorts with either cash or points, that’s been around for years now. Oftentimes when we cannot find availability within Club Wyndham I’ve been able to find availability via WR using WR points instead.

The only downside is you’re more likely to experience the “overbooking” issue and end up not getting the room you actually booked with WR points, or worst case end up at another location. Club Wyndham owners are always prioritized over third party programs like WR, even if you are also a CW owner.

WManning

Reaction score
If you mean being able to use the WR program to make reservations at Club Wyndham resorts with either cash or points, that’s been around for years now. Oftentimes when we cannot find availability within Club Wyndham I’ve been able to find availability via WR using WR points instead.

The only downside is you’re more likely to experience the “overbooking” issue and end up not getting the room you actually booked with WR points, or worst case end up at another location. Club Wyndham owners are always prioritized over third party programs like WR, even if you are also a CW owner.
I wonder if the profit they make on rentals is a priority over owner reservations? Do the Wyndham financial reports break down rental income since they squeezed out owners renting to cover maintenance fees 🤔 creating owner priority dates.
Does Wyndham only get 2 guest reservations per ownership like other owners? Some things all owners should be asking. Was the priority dates to help owners or Wyndham?

WManning

Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks paxsarah, I guess that answers my question. Seems like a complex web to navigate. The timeshare industry overall is just a slippery slope to try and understand. 2 Guest Certificates @ & Priority dates for owners reservations but Wyndham and their rentals this rule doesn't apply. Very interesting 👌
The developer creates the documents that govern the program. They can basically do what they want. If the documents don't support it, they can amend the docs so they can do it. It is a one sided sandbox that we are given the privilege to play in.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 Guest Certificates @ & Priority dates for owners reservations but Wyndham and their rentals this rule doesn't apply. Very interesting 👌
You are more than 3 years late to the "Owner Priority Dates are to benefit Wyndham through Extra Holidays" parade of posts. And your conclusion is completely wrong, according to what was posted in TUG at the time.

eta: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/w...er-dates-locations.316220/page-3#post-2582332

Let us know when you find the "smoking guns" to support your conclusion; i.e., Owner Priority resorts/dates with availability through Extra Holidays. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

WManning

Reaction score
You are more than 3 years late to the "Owner Priority Dates are to benefit Wyndham through Extra Holidays" parade of posts. And your conclusion is completely wrong, according to what was posted in TUG at the time.

eta: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/w...er-dates-locations.316220/page-3#post-2582332

Let us know when you find the "smoking guns" to support your conclusion; i.e., Owner Priority resorts/dates with availability through Extra Holidays.
What is Extra Holidays? Read my post again it was a general question. Looking for competent answers not a smoking gun. Do you know if Wyndham only gets 2 GC's for rentals during Priority dates?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is Extra Holidays? Read my post again it was a general question.
Never thought Wyndham would be taking back inventory for rental purpose.
Extra Holidays is the rental arm of Wyndham Destinations.

Do you know if Wyndham only gets 2 GC's for rentals during Priority dates?
Whether Wyndham gets 2 Guest Certificates, or not, for rental during Priority dates, Wyndham does not rent out reservations during Owner Priority Dates. That was determined in TUG posts when the policy was introduced in 2021.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Whether Wyndham gets 2 Guest Certificates, or not, for rental during Priority dates, Wyndham does not rent out reservations during Owner Priority Dates. That was determined in TUG posts when the policy was introduced in 2021.
This can be confirmed by anyone pretty easily. Go to www.extraholidays.com and try to book a resort during an owner priority date. In my experience you won’t see availability.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a bell curve showing the distribution of account size. And if they have the same thing from whenever it was that Wyndham started its crusade against owner-renters (I think Owner Priority was the first step).
I as well. If all of us data driven people asked, do you think Wyndham would share?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This can be confirmed by anyone pretty easily. Go to www.extraholidays.com and try to book a resort during an owner priority date. In my experience you won’t see availability.
I've done that as well. I don't think that means Wyndham doesn't or won't use other listing platforms.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done that as well. I don't think that means Wyndham doesn't or won't use other listing platforms.
Man, the Wyndham conspiracy theories never end. Wyndham will not even accept an owner's reservation to book as a rental during Owner Priority Dates as you confirmed in 2021, IIRC, so go ahead and search for those elusive Wyndham rentals during Owner Priority Dates (smoking guns) in "other listing platforms." Waste of time. :LOL:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I as well. If all of us data driven people asked, do you think Wyndham would share?
Curious why the interest? Judging just by the many multi-million points ownerships available on ebay immediately following the elimination of VIP benefits on resale points, the bell curve would obviously shift to a lower average points ownership per owner. What difference does that make?