• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2024 Annual Owners Meeting - Anyone Attending in Person

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I've done that as well. I don't think that means Wyndham doesn't or won't use other listing platforms.
Is there an easy way to tell if, for example an Orbitz or Priceline listing, is actually Extra Holidays?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Curious why the interest? Judging just by the many multi-million points ownerships available on ebay immediately following the elimination of VIP benefits on resale points, the bell curve would obviously shift to a lower average points ownership per owner. What difference does that make?
Well, that's what I was thinking, Does it need to make a difference in anything? Why are you such a crank?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Man, the Wyndham conspiracy theories never end. Wyndham will not even accept an owner's reservation to book as a rental during Owner Priority Dates as you confirmed in 2021, IIRC, so go ahead and search for those elusive Wyndham rentals during Owner Priority Dates (smoking guns) in "other listing platforms." Waste of time. :LOL:

We know that Wyndham will not take Owner Priority dates in Extra Holidays. I don't believe we can say that Wyndham will not post other reservations on any of the many travel websites. Wyndham has a lot of points to make reservations outside of EH. That is not a conspiracy theory, it is just an uncertainty. Unless you can say with certainty that Wyndham does not do that and can show something by way of evidence supporting that, it will remain an uncertainty.

Why are you such a crank?

Last edited:

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why? Because I'm sure the commercial use vendetta has caused a reduction in number of Wyndham owners. I know several owners that turned in their vip accounts to certified exit as they were not able to afford the MF. They grew older, stopped traveling as much, and their kids are not interested. They used to rent the extra, but can't any longer. In theory, those old VIP memberships will be replaced with new memberships that do not include unlimited housekeeping. That's a good thing for the overall financial health I'd think. But, if the number of new memberships is less than the number getting out, that is bad for Wyndham health. The number of guests has decreased, thus reducing the pool of perspective new members that get snagged at the wristband crew. Yes, potentially more inventory available, but at what cost. Is Wyndham able to efficiently rent their own inventory? I'd suspect not. Who pays the MF for the Wyndham owned inventory?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Who pays the MF for the Wyndham owned inventory?
Wyndham pays that. The place where it gets messy is delinquent owners who haven’t been foreclosed on yet. That’s a cost born by the HOA, which ultimately means all the remaining owners.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you can say with certainty that Wyndham does not do that and can show something by way of evidence supporting that, it will remain an uncertainty.
That is not the way it works in America, where there is the presumption of innocence. If there is no pattern of reservations during Owner Priority Dates in Extra Holidays or any other rental platform, then it is certain Wyndham is not renting out reservations during Owner Priority Dates.

Plus, why would Wyndham use other rental platforms and not their own Extra Holidays? Is there some implied, baseless Wyndham conspiracy theory lurking there?

I think the renters and ex-renters simply do not want to acknowledge that Owner Priority Dates do exactly as intended -- prioritizing timeshare owner reservations by limiting access by non-owners, including guest reservations, during peak travel dates.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is not the way it works in America, where there is the presumption of innocence. If there is no pattern of reservations during Owner Priority Dates in Extra Holidays or any other rental platform, then it is certain Wyndham is not renting out reservations during Owner Priority Dates.

Plus, why would Wyndham use other rental platforms and not their own Extra Holidays? Is there some implied, baseless Wyndham conspiracy theory lurking there?

I think the renters and ex-renters simply do not want to acknowledge that Owner Priority Dates do exactly as intended -- prioritizing timeshare owner reservations by limiting access by non-owners, including guest reservations, during peak travel dates.

We're not in a court of law.

Very simple answer. Listings on EH are visible to everyone. If members can't list Owner Priority weeks on EH, then any listings there would have to be from Wyndham. Other listing sites aren't like that. You can't tell who created the listing.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Small nit because I have no bone in this argument either way as this all predates my entry into the timeshare world, but the presumption of innocence is a trial presumption in criminal cases. It really has nothing to do with how we should view the business practices of people we choose to go into business with. Always presuming good faith on the part of those you transact with can be a recipe for disaster in my experience.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If not Wyndham, who is posting all these rentals on Travelocity, and Expedia, America Express Rewards and Wyndham Rewards, etc? For rewards programs (like AMEX and Wyndham Rewards - surely they would only deal directly with Wyndham)?

Owner Priority throws smoke and mirrors on this. Forget Owner Priority - why do people think mega renters are so bad and yet are perfectly fine if it's Wyndham doing all the rentals (EH and otherwise)? It's still non-owners staying at the timeshares that's intended use is for owners and their families. More ironic - Wyndham shut down all these mega-renters, took their contracts back via certified exit, and now are renting on various platforms as they please. Why is that so different than mega-renters?

To answer the question, why would they use other rental platforms? For more exposure to the market.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If members can't list Owner Priority weeks on EH, then any listings there would have to be from Wyndham. Other listing sites aren't like that. You can't tell who created the listing.
Owner Priority throws smoke and mirrors on this.
As I posted, renters and ex-renters simply do not want to acknowlege Owner Priority Dates (see post #12 where this thread went off-topic) are putting more owners on vacation.

Show us the Owner Priority Dates available on rental platforms. If it is onesies-twosies (are there any?; that has not even been established :ROFLMAO:), then it must be individuals. If Wyndham is renting Owner Priority Dates, there will obviously be bulk availability. If there is no pattern of Owner Priority Dates with bulk availability, then Wyndham is certainly not the source.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
As I posted, renters and ex-renters simply do not want to acknowlege Owner Priority Dates (see post #12 where this thread went off-topic) are putting more owners on vacation.
What you smoking there CO?

Never EVER have I suggested not acknowleging Owner Priority Dates. I suggest to all to be acutely aware of Owner Priority Dates and follow the rules to the letter. Always, no exceptions. You have a knack for posting snippets and misconstruing what people say. Welcome BACK to my ignore list. Phew, thanks for that feature TUG.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Social media is a court of public opinion. Why should the rules be any different?
There are no rules in your social media court of public opinion.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily assume good faith, but I don't assume bad faith either---something all too common in these parts.

Instead, I apply Hanlon's Razor: Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. And, turning that on its head: Wyndham is demonstrably incompetent in its application of IT. The chances that they managed to build a system that forwards only their owned but restricted bookings to other sites and not also to EH seems...unlikely.

A much simpler explanation is that they aren't doing that at all. And, that's where the other Razor comes in--good ol' Occam.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never EVER have I suggested not acknowleging Owner Priority Dates.
What a very short memory. Read what you posted three posts earlier (#59) and quoted in #60. Nothing in my reply suggesting renters ignore Owner Priority Dates.

Or perhaps I should have been more specific, except I thought I was specific in post #56

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going forward, whenever the renters and ex-renters want to hijack a TUG Club Wyndham forum thread, as was done in post #12 in this thread (though, the hijacking is not as bad as it was 8+ years ago), this will be my go-to, linked post and reply to all the baseless Wyndham conspiracies in this Club Wyndham forum (with some emphasis added, as appropriate):

I don't think most folks are blaming the megarenters per se, but as you pointed out, Wyndham owns the system, Wyndham makes the rules, and we're all playing on Wyndham's field in Wyndham's game. When those advantages that you're referring to that legacy owners learned about and used many years ago now, are subsequently removed or curtailed because Wyndham chose to change the rules of the game, and a very small subset of legacy owners that ran commercial businesses were targeted with cease and desist letters and then experienced suspended accounts resulting from rental activities, despite any outrage we can muster, there's really nothing anyone can do about it here on TUG or anywhere else, short of filing lawsuits to fight back. A few brave souls have actually filed suits that were categorized in that "megarenter" class - and they lost those lawsuits or settled with Wyndham under NDAs and cannot discuss any aspects of their settlements.

I agree wholeheartedly that Wyndham upsold many VIP owners using points rentals as a reason to do so. Heck, some sales reps still do this today! We all know that Wyndham practices quite a bit of cognitive dissonance, duplicity, and plausible deniability with respect to their legendarily bad sales practices (daze and confuse type approach). None of this is good. The bottom line to me is, at the end of the day, Wyndham is going to do whatever Wyndham decides to do. It's useful to make observations and to connect dots and openly discuss what we're seeing. Please let's do that.

Bigger picture, with respect to the whole commercial rental topic, I would much rather have the TUG Wyndham forum talking about topics that actually impact the vast majority of owners - that is what I've always tried to encourage. In turn, I'd like to see us not continue to discuss topics that represent an extremely small subset of the ownership base. In a way, I think this is what @rickandcindy23 is addressing. The TUG Wyndham forum isn't what it used to be, at least in some ways. That's likely true - and I'd argue - it's actually a good thing. I want this forum to focus on topics that impact the vast majority of owners, such as the crappy website user experience, the problems experienced when calling into the vacation hotlines, the stories people are told when attending sales updates, and education about how best to use the system within the rules for the system - by and large for personal vacations. This likely means that some may yearn for the "good old days" and I can certainly more than understand this desire, but if we want more net new Wyndham owners coming here on a regular basis for good advice, what we don't want is to have this forum overly represent topics surrounding commercial timeshare business aspirations like in times past. I think this is the change we've seen play out here on the TUG Wyndham forum since I've joined and subsequently became this forum moderator. I think this makes a lot of sense when we all know that Wyndham itself has done a lot to discourage commercial rentals over the past few years.

Change is the only constant in this world - let's do whatever we can to encourage new Wyndham owners to come to the TUG Wyndham forum and share their ownership experiences taking vacations and dealing with Wyndham corporate in the process. I hope this makes at least some sense.

This post really should be a "stickie" in the TUG Club Wyndham forum for ease of reference.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
Not to open a can of worms, but based on some Facebook posts today it looks like Wyndham has just unleashed another round of nastygrams. I'm posting about it here to keep track of it and not because I come down strongly on one side or the other of it.

RENTER

Reaction score
Not to open a can of worms, but based on some Facebook posts today it looks like Wyndham has just unleashed another round of nastygrams. I'm posting about it here to keep track of it and not because I come down strongly on one side or the other of it.
I am curious if anyone who joined the Airbnb/Wyndham partnership received one. I have heard about this new wave of letters. but no one I know who is a member of the partnership received one in this wave.

Again, there was another example of someone who was not renting getting the letter. She was using the guest passes for her family.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rather than take this thread further off-topic in a completely different direction, would it not be better to just create a new thread dedicated to this subject, instead of burying this (valuable?:shrug:) information deep within this thread? Especially if you want to "keep track of it" into the future?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
What FB group are you seeing these in?
One is in the Club Wyndham Owner Group (the group run by Club Wyndham). The other I think was in Wyndham Timeshare Owners, and it seems like it may have been deleted. That was the woman who said she was simply using guest certificates for her children.

9969hi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still having trouble using ARP at Beach Street Cottages and Old Town Alexandria , say I don't have enough points and I do ,VCs say I should have the reservations , but I have ticket number and no results , this is after 10 plus calls and hours of hold time, these are resale contracts with high maintenance fees.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance these are converted fixed or floating weeks? That can constrain how you use the resulting points. For example, I have a converted float week that can only be used to book the owned unit size and view during ARP.

9969hi

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Beach Street Cottages all the units are 1 Bedroom except 1, and the point value for the the unit I am trying to reserve is a one bedroom , so even if it was a converted week it should still work for ARP. At Old town Alexandria I am only trying to make a partial week reservation since I do not owe enough points for a whole week. I get a message saying I don't have enough points at the property to make the reservation. It seems when I had owner care make a reservation at Beach Street they used some of my resale Old Town Alexandria points and didn't use my resale points at Beach Street. I don't have time to be on hold for hours while they try to figure out the problem.