• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Southcape Resort

Sou13

Reaction score
Barnstable County Capeview Internet Access

Now that I've finally figured out how to make use of the Barnstable County Capeview Internet Access I'm getting into the legal issues that Cliff Hagberg refuses to discuss here. I'm hoping to have enough info by next Saturday to be able to ask some hard questions if given the chance to be heard at the meeting.

One of the things I'm learning is that when Barth & Woods were selling timeshares they were selling them for $2,000!

Bk-Pg:14907-346 Recorded: 03-08-2002 @ 3:35:15pm Inst #: 21857 Chg: Y Vfy: N Sec: N

Pages in document: 3
Grp: 1
Type: Time Sharing Deed Doc$: 2,000.00
Desc: UNIT 43 TIME 42

Town: MASHPEE Addr: ROUTE 28

Gtor: BARTH, VINCENT J (AS TR) (Gtor)
Gtor: WOODS, ROBERT P (AS TR) (Gtor)
Gtor: SOUTHCAPE TRUST (BY TR) (Gtor)
Gtor: BARTH, V J (AS TR) (Gtor)
Gtee: CHEEK, FRANCES A (Gtee)

Return addr: FRANCES A CHEEK
2900 OPTIMIST FARM ROAD
APEX NC 27502

Recording Fee: 25.00 State excise: 11.40 Surcharge: 20.00

From the meeting minutes that I was able to find and share I hope that owners who are planning to attend the meeting will email either rcassidy@southcaperesort.com or email NEVMSLLC at the address in his TUG profile and let the board know that you are planning to attend the meeting and wondering where to park. Also express your hope that the owners will be able to hear and be heard (an amplification system may have to be rented for the occasion).

Since Cliff Hagberg either did not form an owners advisory group prior to the meeting, as he had told me he was hoping to do, or else he has decided not to include me in that group, it may be better if all Southcape owners who are following the discussion here get in touch with the resort prior to the meeting.

Last edited:

Fig

Reaction score
Return addr: FESTIVA RESORTS ATTN CATHY BRADDOCK
ONE VANCE GAP ROAD
ENVELOPE
ASHEVILLE NC 28805

Recording Fee: 200.00 State excise: .00 Surcharge: 25.00

For the record, Cathy Braddock is a paralegal at Festiva http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/cathy/braddock. Cliff made reference to several attorneys reviewing the deal...Cathy is clearly not one of them, but maybe Festiva's legal dept is doing some of the work? Wonder who is looking out for the HOA on the legal side?

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the record, Cathy Braddock is a paralegal at Festiva http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/cathy/braddock. Cliff made reference to several attorneys reviewing the deal...Cathy is clearly not one of them, but maybe Festiva's legal dept is doing some of the work? Wonder who is looking out for the HOA on the legal side?

HOA at Southscape equals Trustees. Trustees at Southscape equals Cliff, NEVS, Outfield Marketing, and Festiva. The legal dept is looking out for all of the above.

The real question is if there is anyone looking out for the owners. Unfortunatelly I think the answer to that question is that no one is legally protecting the owners.

Russ45

Reaction score
Excuse me if this has been posted before, but could someone tell me what time the owner's meeting is at this Saturday. Better yet, has an agenda been established?

Sou13

Reaction score
Are you planning to attend?

Excuse me if this has been posted before, but could someone tell me what time the owner's meeting is at this Saturday. Better yet, has an agenda been established?
"Change rarely occurs without an element of trepidation. Understandably, many of you have expressed a certain discomfort with regards to the ending of a 20-year relationship with Mr. Barth & Mr. Woods, and their replacement with new trustees. However, the transition has been a smooth one, and the new trustees are eager to meet all of you. The upcoming annual meeting, which will be held this year on May 16, at 12:00 noon, here at the resort, will provide an opportunity for you to meet the new trustees and to discuss the future of the resort with them. We hope to see you there.

"Regards,

"Rosaleen Cassidy

"Resort Manager"

Sou13

Reaction score
Barnstable County Capeview Internet Access

I've been perusing the Barnstable County Capeview Internet Access and finding some troubling deeds from owners who may have been foreclosed and had their weeks deeded back to Southcape Resort. What troubles me is, who now owns those weeks? According to public records, these weeks were deeded back to the "Southcape Resort & Club Community Association, Inc." prior to the sale of the "developer rights" to NEVS. I started my search at 01012007 and found three entries, then went back to 01012006 and found 10! What's been going on and who holds these weeks? Is it possible to deed your week back to the Southcape Resort & Club Community Association, Inc. and have the proceeds from sale or rental of the week go to the Association, not to NEVS?

SOUTHCAPE RESORT & CLUB COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC (Gtee)
MORRISSETTE, PATRICIA UNIT 20 TIME 48
Time Sharing Deed Mashpee
01-16-2008 22608-244

SOUTHCAPE RESORT & CLUB COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC (Gtor)
SAMUELS, BRAD H (&W) UNIT 20 TIME 48
01-16-2008 22608-246

MANDEVILLE, PAUL (&O) UNIT 1 TIME 17
03-18-2008 22760-114

SOUTHCAPE RESORT & CLUB CONDOMINIUM I NOMINEE TRUST (BY TR) (Gtee)
BODAY, MICHAEL J (&O) UNIT 19 TIME 33
05-02-2008 22879-96

MARTINEZ, MARIO (&O) UNIT 41 TIME 10
09-04-2008 23137-98

KELLY, WILLIAM S (&O) UNIT 41 TIME 46
09-04-2008 23137-100

DOUGHERTY, JOSEPH (&O) UNIT 45 TIME 12
09-04-2008 23137-102

BOWER, CHARLES H (&O) UNIT 49 TIME 23
09-04-2008 23137-104

COTE, HERBERT A (&W) UNIT 51 TIME 10
09-04-2008 23137-106

MURPHY, JOHN P (&O) UNIT 38 TIME 16
09-04-2008 23137-108

AMARAL, LEONEL C (&O) UNIT 2 TIME 52
09-04-2008 23137-110

BROOM, MARTIN L (&O) UNIT 4 TIME 6
09-04-2008 23137-112

DUFFY, JAMES (&O) UNIT 6 TIME 40
09-04-2008 23137-114

PASQUALE, MARK F UNIT 22 TIME 4
09-04-2008 23137-116

GARD, COLLEEN (AS AD) UNIT 41 TIME 43
09-04-2008 23137-120

FLYNN, ANN UNIT 24 TIME 41
09-04-2008 23137-123

HUDSON, MARY V UNIT 19 TIME 1
09-04-2008 23137-126

DIBONA, LEONARD F UNIT 17 TIME 4
09-04-2008 23137-129

SPILLANE, ELAYNE S UNIT 30 TIME 49
09-04-2008 23137-132

BUNCH, DAN (&O) UNIT 14 TIME 40
09-04-2008 23137-134

ROBERTS, ELIZABET (&O) UNIT 54 TIME 51
09-04-2008 23137-137

HAGGERTY, JUDITH D UNIT 53 TIME 6
09-04-2008 23137-139

CROSSLEY, JOHN W (&O) UNIT 51 TIME 9
09-04-2008 23137-141

KAMM, CHARLES UNIT 50 TIME 51
09-04-2008 23137-143

MUZZY, WILLIAM (&O) UNIT 38 TIME 11
09-04-2008 23137-145

SALVUCCI, LOUIS L (&O) UNIT 47 TIME 15
09-04-2008 23137-146

PAPPAS, MICHAEL L (&O) UNIT 49 TIME 4
09-04-2008 23137-148

KIMBALL, WILMA C (&O) UNIT 29 TIME 50
09-04-2008 23137-151

CABRAL, MANUEL T (&O) UNIT 49 TIME 45
09-04-2008 23137-153

SOUTHCAPE RESORT & CLUB COMMUNITY ASSOC INC (Gtee)
ALLARD, DAVID C (&O) UNIT 23 TIME 16
09-04-2008 23137-117

The power of attorney didn't officially pass from Barth & Woods until 09-04-2008. From that time on the "Southcape Resort" entries contain legal documents that I am unable to access from a public computer. Can anyone help me here?

Last edited:

Sou13

Reaction score
TERMS AND CONDITIONS now posted

For Southcape owners and anyone else being contacted by Outfield Marketing I have now posted the "Terms and Conditions" for membership in the Festiva Adventure Club at http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=719708&highlight=Terms+Conditions#post719708
The "Public Offering Statement" has been published at http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=687123&highlight=Public+Offering+Statement#post687123

Anyone who needs to download a copy of these documents can copy and paste it from these TUG posts.

Sou13

Reaction score
capeguitarguy

A TUG member who requested to be added to my Southcape Owners elist as of 3/24 has turned out to be Cliff Hagberg and his posts cannot be found on TUG. Subsequently NEVMS began posting on 3/27.* Now I know why my sixth sense told me not to trust Cliff Hagberg. It looks as though Saturday's meeting will be interesting to put it understatedly.

If any Southcape owners have not been receiving email from me and have questions to be brought to the meeting, you can email Rebecca a proxy and post your questions here.

Last edited:

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A TUG member who requested to be added to my Southcape Owners elist as of 3/24 has turned out to be Cliff Hagberg and his posts cannot be found on TUG. Subsequently NEVMS began posting on 3/27.* Now I know why my sixth sense told me not to trust Cliff Hagberg. It looks as though Saturday's meeting will be interesting to put it understatedly.

If any Southcape owners have not been receiving email from me and have questions to be brought to the meeting, you can email Rebecca a proxy and post your questions here.

I look forward to hearing about your meeting, but this is not Cliff's first rodeo. I am sure he will deflect, dodge, and ignore questions with relative ease. You will probably not be recognized from the podium but once, and the meeting will end with many hands in the air.

Good luck and get every name,e-mail address, regular address,and phone number of every owner you can at the meeting. If you ever need to hire legal counsel the more owners you can split the retainer between the better. I know this from personal experience. I started an owner's group that sued our timeshare's HOA to stop them from rebuilding after Katrina. The majority of owners didn't want to rebuild but the board said that they had the power to rebuild without taking a vote because the by laws authorized them to rebuild. They wouldn't give us a list of owners and they shut down the resort's web page so that we couldn't communicate to each other and get new plaintiffs. It was a long hard fight and I hope to never do it again. I spent days, nights, and weekends working on the game plan, writing e-mails to our plaintiff group, and trying to get the rebuilding stopped. We finally prevailed but it cost me a lot of money, time, and energy. I will contribute money to fight Festiva's activities at my resort, but I will not head the fight again. I have spent a year and a lot of money fighting an HOA in the recent past and I am willing to pay to help fight and give my torch and support to whoever decides to lead the fight against Festiva.

Sou, this is your fight. It will take money, time, and a lot of effort. You will get sick of it, but someone has to do it or they win. They get paid salaries to fight you, you have to pay with your personal funds to fight them. Their lawyers are paid with your MF's to fight you while you pay with your money to hire a lawyer to fight them. It is not right that you have to fight so hard, but if you don't fight they win. The crooked developers succeed because people complain and gripe, but the owners never want to spend the time or money needed to actually fight them. I had people e-mailing me all the time asking me how things were going, but when we went to court few bothered to show up even though our lawyer said the more plaintiffs that showed up the better it would look for the judge. I drove to the resort repeatedly at my own expense and missed many days of work. I paid for my own meals and rooms. I worked my tail off. In the end we won and instead of being assessed about $6000 per week I owned I received $2500 per week in insurance proceeds. This all happened because of the hard work of myself and another owner and thanks to the 30 owners who paid $500 per week owned to retain legal counsel.

Sou, good luck to you. I can tell from your e-mails that working hard to fight them is not a problem. The annual meeting is the time to find owners willing to help you in your fight.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Sou, this is your fight. It will take money, time, and a lot of effort. You will get sick of it, but someone has to do it or they win. They get paid salaries to fight you, you have to pay with your personal funds to fight them. Their lawyers are paid with your MF's to fight you while you pay with your money to hire a lawyer to fight them. It is not right that you have to fight so hard, but if you don't fight they win. The crooked developers succeed because people complain and gripe, but the owners never want to spend the time or money needed to actually fight them. I had people e-mailing me all the time asking me how things were going, but when we went to court few bothered to show up even though our lawyer said the more plaintiffs that showed up the better it would look for the judge. I drove to the resort repeatedly at my own expense and missed many days of work. I paid for my own meals and rooms. I worked my tail off. In the end we won and instead of being assessed about $6000 per week I owned I received $2500 per week in insurance proceeds. This all happened because of the hard work of myself and another owner and thanks to the 30 owners who paid $500 per week owned to retain legal counsel.

Sou, good luck to you. I can tell from your e-mails that working hard to fight them is not a problem. The annual meeting is the time to find owners willing to help you in your fight.

Tombo,

Thanks for sharing that experience with us. No wonder you are so passionate about the issue. Kudos for carrying the torch. Hopefully your fellow owners bought you a couple of rounds after all was said and done.

In round numbers could you share with us what percentage of the insurance proceeds the law firm received after all was said and done? Or what the legal bill was?

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tombo,

Thanks for sharing that experience with us. No wonder you are so passionate about the issue. Kudos for carrying the torch. Hopefully your fellow owners bought you a couple of rounds after all was said and done.

In round numbers could you share with us what percentage of the insurance proceeds the law firm received after all was said and done? Or what the legal bill was?

Our total legal bill was about $30,000. The lawyer only got what we paid him because we were only suing to stop the board from rebuilding. One owner owned 10 weeks which accounted for $5000 in legal fees and another owner owned 8 weeks which was another $4000. The remaining $21,000 came from owners paying their $500 per week owned. We could have gotten more owners to join us if we had ever gotten access to the list of owners.

We really got screwed because we wanted our lawyer to get the insurance company to reimburse our legal fees and he never did it for us. When we got our share of the insurance money we each received the same amount of money that every other owner received. So thanks to the owners who invested $30,000 and time to fight the board, every owner received about $2500. Of course those of us that hired the lawyer received $2500 less our $500 in legal fees. The owners who did nothing received $2500 thanks to us.

If we hadn't have fought the battle we would have been assessed about $6000 per week to rebuild. Someone had to organize the fight, a lot of people had to pay to fight, and all (including people who did nothing) benefitted from our battle.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Our total legal bill was about $30,000. The lawyer only got what we paid him because we were only suing to stop the board from rebuilding. One owner owned 10 weeks which accounted for $5000 in legal fees and another owner owned 8 weeks which was another $4000. The remaining $21,000 came from owners paying their $500 per week owned. We could have gotten more owners to join us if we had ever gotten access to the list of owners.

We really got screwed because we wanted our lawyer to get the insurance company to reimburse our legal fees and he never did it for us. When we got our share of the insurance money we each received the same amount of money that every other owner received. So thanks to the owners who invested $30,000 and time to fight the board, every owner received about $2500. Of course those of us that hired the lawyer received $2500 less our $500 in legal fees. The owners who did nothing received $2500 thanks to us.

If we hadn't have fought the battle we would have been assessed about $6000 per week to rebuild. Someone had to organize the fight, a lot of people had to pay to fight, and all (including people who did nothing) benefitted from our battle.

Did it go to court or was it a settlement?

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did it go to court or was it a settlement?

It went to court. The first time in court the judge stopped them from spending anymore of the insurance money and froze the timeshare's assets. Then the lawyers got together. The board's lawyer agreed with our lawyer that they couldn't rebuild after depositions, etc, etc, etc. Our lawyer signed a summary judgement without informing the plaintiffs which from what I understand stopped any further action by us. After the Summary Judgement we were not allowed to fight for money we felt was misspent or to get reimburesed our legal fees. This is the first and hopefully last law suit I will ever have to be involved in.

I feel like their lawyer screwed us, and I feel like our lawyer screwed us too. But in the end rather than paying $12000 in assessments for my 2 weeks to rebuild our timeshare (which as we all know would actually be worth about $1000 a week or less after rebuilding), I received about $5000 in insurance proceeds. That is one heck of a swing. Pay $12,000 or cash a check for $5000.

Last edited:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
As to foreclosed weeks, these should go to the HOA, not the developer. It was the HOA's lien for m/f's that was foreclosed. Normally they would appear at the sale and bid in that amount plus foreclosure costs. If the developer wanted the week, he should then bid more but the HOA would not care at that point as it got its bill fully paid.

Now I have seen a number of strange goings on with some t/s m/f foreclosures, and given the flagrant conflict of interest between the developer and HOA, I would look into this very, very closely. Pull the whole foreclosure files at the courthouse and look at all the details, not just the deeds that are online. I have seen some lawyers handling t/s foreclosures pull some stunts they could get nailed for.

Sou13

Reaction score
And I fell for it!

I have no one to blame but myself for falling for this one. I was so pumped up over the request to be on my elist that I didn't check the guy out and promptly added him.

Now he can't be found, but the message I received was from TUG:

This is a message from capeguitarguy at Timeshare Users Group Online Community Forums ( http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php ). The Timeshare Users Group Online Community Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email capeguitarguy, you can use this online form:
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=35211

OR, by email:
mailto:capeguitarguy@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hi

Been following the posts about Southcape. I own a float week and wondering about assessment. Can you add me to your mailing list? Thanks

Is it possible to unsubscribe from TUG? Why can't I find this guy?

I guess I didn't make myself clear about why this is a problem. I'm surprised that tombo didn't catch on. Yesterday there was a message in my Inbox from "Cliff hagberg" <capeguitarguy@gmail.com>! Either Cliff Hagberg or someone with a wry sense of humor was out to push my buttons! Whoever "capeguitarguy" really is, he informed me that he'll be at the meeting. Will he be strumming a guitar?

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Well how did the owners meeting go yesterday. Even though I did not purchase a unit a Southcape, it has been interesting reading.

Sou13

Reaction score
A quick update on the annual Southcape owners' meeting

This is the first installment on what happened at Southcape Resort on Saturday, May 16th from an UNHAPPY owner:

I arrived at the resort before 11 a.m. armed with my big 3-ring binder and lots of good intentions. I wasn't the first TUG Southcape owner to arrive but was the first to sign in.

Upon arrival I checked in at the check-in desk and found coffee and muffins ready and waiting for us. I put faces to names at the front desk and now know who "Cathy" and "Patty" are. I asked about those comment cards upon which the trustees supposedly based their demands for a special assessment and learned that those are done through the exchange program, not the resort.

I then went to the patio area outside the indoor tennis courts to find Al and Betty and nancyt, who hadn't yet signed in and found the coffee and muffins. These were the first TUG Southcape owners to arrive. We met and exchanged some documents with owners who soon began joining us at the new outdoor tables.

We soon ran out of documents to pass out and I hope I got to meet everyone who has been posting to this discussion but I didn't get to introduce them to one another as more and more owners arrived. I met Jane but lost track of her. Rebecca arrived with her parents and then I met Russ45 and those were all the TUG Southcape owners I was expecting to meet.

By the time we were seated inside we had situated ourselves apart rather than together around the seating area. (This was unplanned, it just happened that way.) Rebecca and her parents were right in front of the management table and I was in the second row on the right end. Russ45 was in the third row on the left side and Al and Betty were in the fourth row. I don't recall where Jane was sitting, and nancyt was in either the fifth of sixth row on the left. I tried to count how many unhappy owners had turned out for the meeting and believe there were more than 200.

Someone reported a rumor that capeguitarguy had tried calling in sick or didn't want to show his face to me(?) or to us(?) It was the other two "trustees" who made excuses for not being there.

We all were given an agenda and financial reports which I will scan tomorrow. It wasn't long before an adjustment had to be made to the agenda so that the questions and answers to matters not on the agenda could be officially included as part of the meeting. We found that Cliff Hagberg was willing to make the adjustment and the adjournment became a 20-minute recess instead. We had bottled cold drinks on ice to sustain us but by the time we broke for recess the drinks were warm but the meeting continued until nearly 4 p.m.

I lived up to my confession that I'm not good at organizing, and must now apologize especially to Jane but also to nancyt who wasn't around when we finally adjourned. I, too, must sign off now but will return tomorrow, hoping than one of the other Southcape owners will have added to this report by then.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sou13 - thanks for the update. Come back and post soon.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dying here. Apparently you are the only one that went Sou13, except Cliff. And I think we will have a Republican President before we see Cliff again. With a meaningful post that is. We know he still visits the board.

Last edited:

molzahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I attended the meeting (in the front row, Soul13) and stayed for the entire meeting. I counted roughly 120-130 people present (18 seats per row, 7 rows plus extra seats in the back). I was pleased that we were sitting on our patio chairs rather than rented chairs.

I was more optimistic after leaving the meeting than I had been when I arrived. We all benefited from the concerns and questions raised by many who brought a lot of expertise- business people, economists, real estate lawyers, etc., as well as several longterm owners, who spoke of their experiences as Southcape owners for the past 20-25 plus years. The experience and comments of those who had attended past annual meetings was also beneficial.

Cliff Hagberg led the meeting, which quickly became a Q & A format. He hung in even with the difficult questions. He seemed to offer balanced answers. The complete agenda was addressed as well.

I left feeling more optimistic that things will improve under the new ownership... so long as we owners continue to remain involved.

I, too, look forward to other attendees' reactions.

Jane

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
The relationship with Festiva / Outfield, however remains a dagger pointed at the heart of your timeshare. You need to achieve homeowner control and the more weeks they scam people out of the more control they have.

Russ45

Reaction score
I was only able to stay for 2 hours, but there was a lot of Q&A during the meeting during the agenda, some of it really not necessary either, but it's to be expected. I have attended a few town coucil meetings as part of what I do and I can tell you that it's pretty similar. A few people who have kept up on the information and know what they're talking about, people there to just listen, and a few people that ask uninformed questions. I thought the presentation was overall OK, a lot of questions were answered informatively. One area which was a complete circular argument was the election/appointment of board members. "Why aren't there trustee elections?" The Association lawyers are looking at conflicting documents and I can't comment, but you can't be in touch with the lawyers either.

So at this point there appears to be no owner recourse for trustee actions and no accountability. There is not even a concrete answer on when board elections, or what circumstances board elections may happen.

Sou13

Reaction score
Give us a break, Eric!

Dying here. Apparently you are the only one that went Sou13, except Cliff. And I think we will have a Republican President before we see Cliff again. With a meaningful post that is. We know he still visits the board.

Give us a break, Eric! It was a long meeting and I had to come on earlier than usual today to try to catch up with emails such as this one:

Ele,

Nice meeting you on Saturday. So how did the rest of the meeting go? Any discussion on the election of a board?

Russ

There were owners who had come across our discussion but hadn't signed on to be able to post, and from my above you were supposed to connect the dots:

By the time we were seated inside we had situated ourselves apart rather than together around the seating area. (This was unplanned, it just happened that way.) Rebecca and her parents were right in front of the management table and I was in the second row on the right end. Russ45 was in the third row on the left side and Al and Betty were in the fourth row. I don't recall where Jane was sitting, and nancyt was in either the fifth of sixth row on the left. I tried to count how many unhappy owners had turned out for the meeting and believe there were more than 200.

I don't know to this day whether "capeguitarguy" is really "Cliff Hagberg" but chose not to make an issue of it then and there. I feel it's better addressed here and put more effort into attracting new viewers to the discussion, where we can continue to air our grievances and concerns. I just hope I won't be the only one who has the time and energy to do it!

From now on I'll be referring to "Cliff Hagberg" as "capeguitarguy" and the explanation for this is given above. But where is tombo in all this? I want to hear from tombo!

Sou13

Reaction score
Agenda

This isn't a copy and paste, I'm doing this manually in the hope of helping others recall and fill in where my recollection is fuzzy. If you're new to TUG please help me so we'll get different perspectives. Here, then, is the
AGENDA​

Welcome - Cliff Hagberg, NEVMS (12:08 p.m.)
Approval of Minutes from last year's meeting
Financial Report - Rosasleen Cassidy - GM
Management Report - Cliff Hagberg
  • What we found when we took over management
    Delinquent owners
    Computer system
    Wireless internet
    Web site
    New resort affiliations
    Maintenance update
    Exterior Renovations
    Interior Renovations
    Septic update
    Parking lot
    Owner Rentals
    Owner's Advisory Committee
    Annual Meeting date
Questions and Answers on agenda
Adjournement (Changed to "Recess" by request of owners) (1:50-2:10)
Owner question and answer session