• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Belaire Golf Resort and Spa

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visit to the Belaire today!

Wow! Now that was an experience! We followed both Karen's and Bruce's advice (who have now become our new best friends :cheer: ) and delivered our letter to Jonathan and Marcos personally at the Belaire. Both Jonathan and Marcos were just fine to deal with but then we met Antonio, who we were told is one of the partners of the project! Incredible!!!! He is actually Jonathan's father and is best described as the "godfather of the property ". We hadn't met him on Saturday. Antonio spent time insulting both of us, called us "stupid" on two occasions for not being visionary and not smart enough to know how to make big money. He mentioned all of his connections to important people and properties in Las Vegas, Mexico, Dubai and Sicily and that he is a multi-millionaire who retiried at age 37. He wasn't happy when I asked him if he was retired why he was there working which encouraged him to continue with his "lovely"comments.
After he finally walked out after approximately 40 minutes, we met with Marcos, a new young salesperson Michael who also is a nice young man and Chris a gentleman who interviewed us again about why we rescinded. We finally recieved a letter from Carlos stating that our total payment would be refunded to our visa account within 15 days. I gave them copies of the rescission letter, copies of the instructions they provided in our contract for rescinding and copies of the other signed documents. We let them know that we've sent the same to PERFECO and also to our U.S. Consulate here in PV. We met with a representative from their accounting department who said that we had to give them back the original contract they issued to us so that the company wouldn't have to pay tax on the money from us. We did give them the originals but also let them see we had copies of everything.
We also filed a "dispute" with our credit card company so they have a record as well. We will be sending the credit card company copies of our letter of rescission and all other documentation. We will keep you posted to let you know if our money is credited within the fifteen day period they've promised.
In terms of building...Antonio guaranteed us that Phase one, the first tower would be completed by February 09. His other employees said March 09. There were only three men on site "working." One was literally up to his armpits in water in a large hole where the first tower is to be built. We were told by Antonio that this project wasn't cheap work such as the construction at the Peninsula which he says sunk over 8 feet after the completion of their first tower. We can tell you that we saw numerous men working today at the Peninsula project, the ICON project and the new building at the NH Krystal which currently is over 5 floors high in less than a year's time. Not completed, but the majority of the framework is done and they are putting in the interior walls.
I will be returning here on business at least two more times this fall and winter and will again let everyone know what I see at that time. Today, sadly was very discouraging. Again thank you to all for your advice and you will see as as members shortly! Just as soon as I can use my credit card again in the next 48 hours!:whoopie:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Snappy Sam, thanks so much for posting again and sharing your experience. I'm so glad you found TUG and rescinded in time.

Please keep us informed about getting the charge taken off your credit card, and welcome to TUG.:)

fidji

Reaction score
you sound like you work there one of the closers maybe? did antonio inspired you to come here and write a false review? or do you get a spiff= special performance incentive fund for that
and for your info if you are not registerd with the asociation its fine but i bet you guys belair are not even registerd with profeco which makes all your contracts illegal as i said its a big scam ,and coming up here and sayng that you can make 300k form 150k original purchase price i am sure you work for belair ,and yes i am a competitor but one who is legal and one where the clients get what they buy we dont have any reason to mislead any customer our product works ,and also it sounds like you are planting a seed here for owners to be prepered to get brooke beacuse they bought preconstrucion
have a nice day

Buying pre-constuction can be gut churning. Many people that purchased Belaire were not familiar with the ups and downs. Just like a penny stock, the company has no earnings now or maybe ever, you can make a heap of money if they become profitable or loose if they do not. Most people will not purchase pre-construction and only buy after they can see what they are buying. Thats why people can buy for $150,000 and sell for $300,000 when the project is done without ever taking possession. :whoopie:

fidji

Reaction score
call credit card company cancle the paymant,go to profeco office behind sams club get them to write you a cancelation letter with your contract in hands and go back they refund your money no questions asked let aslo profeco call them
gl

Count us in as those who forgot that "if it is too good to be true..."
We bought a 1/12th (four week) package yesterday and found your website today...obviously a day too late. We plan to rescind tomorrow (Monday) first thing and skip our dinner with Marcos tomorrow night! No progress from what we saw yesterday on site compared to the April photos. And no workers, lthough you probably wouldn't expect many on a Saturday.
WE NEED ADVICE!!! What do we do first , second, third? Fortunately our deposit was by credit card so we will call them but our paperwork says we won't receive our $1700 "closing cost" back. Has anyone else had that happen?

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we help while we are in PV?

We are going to be in PV until Friday and wondered if anyone needed any help from us while we are here. We'd be happy to help if there is anything we could do for anyone.
We won't know if we actually will have our visa account reimbursed from Belaire for at least two weeks but fortunately we do have lots of people here in PV who can help us after we leave.
Let me suggest to all of you who continue to have questions/concerns/dfficulties with Belaire to notify your country's consulate's office in PV as well as any federal officals in your home country. If you are a U.S. citizen, we do have a consulate office here in PV.
Does anyone know the spelling of Antonio's last name? I've seen a couple of spellings now including Copela, Copola, Coppola and also his son's last name which is Tomasello. Who ARE these people? Anyone have actual names for these people?

TimeShare Junky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Belaire PV Investigation

I had purchased this timeshare 1.5 yrs ago and would like to investigate the authenticity of it's intent. The individuals who are guests I ask that you do not respond since your intent is in question. I would like to seek information on how we can investigate this issue and confront the result.

In the 1.5 yrs. this project has been going on for, I would have expected to see a multiple operations to finish ASAP. I have been promised an II membership and they had said this has been changed to the Registry Collection. Aithough, I have no memership number. An Attorney has offered with a 2000.00 retainer to investigate this issue. As a user group are you willing to support this activity ? This I hope would put this issue to rest. We would send the funds directly to the attorney.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would like the address to the PERFECO office.
The correct spelling of the office is PROFECO. Maybe Snappy Sam can get the Puerto Vallarta Profeco office address and contact information for you before he leaves PV.

Here's a helpful brochure from Profeco that might have some information you can use.

Last edited:

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Belaire PROFECO registration #

Some of you might need the following info now and certainly there will be those in the future who unfortunately will probably need it:
World Resort Marketing Enterprises S. de R.L. de CV represented by Jonathan James Tomasello signs the contracts "on Behalf of Belaire Golf Resort & Spa"
In cased you missed it previously, Jonathan is the son of ONE of the partners of Belaire, Antonio Copela (Sp?).
The good news is they are registered by PROFECO with the number 772-2008 dated 10/03/2007 according to the information they provided on their contract with us. I am not sure if that means they registered in October (10) or March (03) as I don't know if that date lists the month or day first. We will check that out today with PROFECO when we visit their office and verify that information. And of course will share what we learn with all of you.

zara

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Timeshare Junky

I do belong to TUG, and have the very same concerns. The question is-if nothing ever gets done, and we are way past the rights of recision, what recourse would we have? Did the attorney give you any info on that? They obviously are doing something at Belaire, which is evidenced by the video, so some people are on the payroll. I certainly hope we have not been ripped off. Thanks for your willingness to look into the issue and not just banter this back and forth.

TimeShare Junky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please excuse the unwillingness to search threads. However, what will their registration with PROFECO buy us as far as them being reliable to their intent.

fidji

Reaction score
i really doubt that contracts such as thoose from belair would be aproved by profeco check it out but highly unlikely

Some of you might need the following info now and certainly there will be those in the future who unfortunately will probably need it:
World Resort Marketing Enterprises S. de R.L. de CV represented by Jonathan James Tomasello signs the contracts "on Behalf of Belaire Golf Resort & Spa"
In cased you missed it previously, Jonathan is the son of ONE of the partners of Belaire, Antonio Copela (Sp?).
The good news is they are registered by PROFECO with the number 772-2008 dated 10/03/2007 according to the information they provided on their contract with us. I am not sure if that means they registered in October (10) or March (03) as I don't know if that date lists the month or day first. We will check that out today with PROFECO when we visit their office and verify that information. And of course will share what we learn with all of you.

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
PERFECO Experience re Belaire

We went to the PERFECO office in PV yesterday morning and filed our complaint. Today we made a short stop back at their office to make sure we had an active file. We do.
We did find out that PERFECO has had numerous complaints filed about Belaire.
They kept copies of our Notice of Rescission, copies of our contract, visa receipt and a copy of the notice we received from the accounting dept. at the Belaire which states that our membership has been cancelled. Two different people from PERFECO have assured us that we will receive a full refund within 15 days. Probably one of the most important things to have is the notice from Belaire confirming cancellation.
I highly suggest to anyone still having difficulities with Belaire to report your situation to the Mexican embassy or consulate in your area. It really helps to have them on your side.
We looked at the Belaire construction site one more time this morning so we could report to all of you that VERY LITTLE is happening while other projects in the area are very busy.
Again, we will keep you posted.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Again that is "PROFECO" so be careful it is spelled right when doing any searches

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Blondie

OOPS! Was hurrying out the door and I did mispell PROFECO again! Blondie is right!!!Thanks for helping out.:clap:

If you go to their office it is on the second floor at the front of the building and the hours are 8:30AM- 3:30PM.
I don't know if it helps or not that Belaire is registered but at least it's good to know that PROFECO knows there is definitely a problem.

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great News for us!

We are on our way home from PV and the first thing we did back on U.S. soil was to join TUG (just 20 minutes ago). Then we looked on our credit card on line statement and lo and behold....Belaire credited our payment in full! :clap: Now that was fast!!
We made the purchase last Saturday , went to the Belaire with our rescission letter that Karen and Bruce our fellow TUG members helped us with on Monday, went to PROFECO (Blondie, I'm finally spelling it correctly :) on Wednesday and Thursday and received the credit to our account today."Do you think it has something to do with TUG positive vibes? WE are convinced it does! And are so glad we have joined.
Again, a big thank you to all of you who took your time to help us. Count on us to do the same for any of you when ever possible.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are on our way home from PV and the first thing we did back on U.S. soil was to join TUG (just 20 minutes ago).
Welcome to the TUG family! So glad to have you join us and so very glad things worked out for you so well to rescind and get your money back. I love it what that happens!:D

One more thing you need to do: Change your profile status from "guest" to "member." Here's how to accomplish that.

fidji

Reaction score
i am happy for you you should send a big thank you email to profeco they dont mess around they get things done
have a nice day

We are on our way home from PV and the first thing we did back on U.S. soil was to join TUG (just 20 minutes ago). Then we looked on our credit card on line statement and lo and behold....Belaire credited our payment in full! :clap: Now that was fast!!
We made the purchase last Saturday , went to the Belaire with our rescission letter that Karen and Bruce our fellow TUG members helped us with on Monday, went to PROFECO (Blondie, I'm finally spelling it correctly :) on Wednesday and Thursday and received the credit to our account today."Do you think it has something to do with TUG positive vibes? WE are convinced it does! And are so glad we have joined.
Again, a big thank you to all of you who took your time to help us. Count on us to do the same for any of you when ever possible.

JoeG9100

Reaction score
We have not heard anything from Belaire. It has been more than a month since we sent in the recension letter. so we are still disputing the charges on the credit card. When we sent them the email before they got the letter they tried to smooth things over by sending us copies of the deed and other papers. They even sent s build schedule. I can say this it looks like that they are already behind on that. From reading tings on TUG nothing has changed since we were there in June.

Good luck to all tying to get money back! thanks to TUG for alerting us.

Joe

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joe, have you contacted Profeco yet? If not, it might help to send them copies of your rescission information and see if they can do anything to help you get your deposit back.

Snappy Sam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescission for Joe

After our experience with the Belaire, we agree with Karen's advice wholeheartedly! When we went to the PROFECO office in PV the first question they asked us is when we purchased. They wanted to know if we were in the five day limit as required by Mexican law.
However, there was information in their office that gave information about those who were beyond that period of time. So I am quite sure they will be able to advise you.
Only one person in the office spoke English so you'll need to be patient when you write. Or better yet, find someone who speaks Spanish in your local community to help you. If you are near a university that might be a good place to check or even your local high schools for a Spanish teacher.
But don't wait!!! Get busy ASAP!!! The complaints are piling up about Belaire and you'll want to get any money back quickly. We could be wrong, but I wouldn't count on them being around forever!