• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's from II for 2009 Marriott deposits

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just purchased MMC in March 08 and were also anticipating the AC. We'll be keeping our reserved week at MMC this year also unless things change. We have already deposited our MGV 1bd/lockoff, so that's enough II fees for now. And as we all agree, MMC is a great place to stay.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Waiohai is limited on AC offers from II

Waiohai is ONLY being offered AC's from II for deposit's of weeks between April 16, 2009 and September 16, 2009.

Terry

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairway Villas?

I had never even heard of an AC until I joined TUG. Now I'm jealous and want one! Do they ever offer ACs for Fairway Villas? If so, when would be the best time to request for my reservation with Marriott so as to be offered an AC by II when I deposit?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
This is a strange situation IMO ... I was on the phone today with II and asked if July4 week at MMC would get an AC. He said 'no'. So I asked about MBP for President's Week and he said 'no' again. If July 4 in Williamsburg and President's Day in Fort Lauderdale won't get an AC, what will?

He did say that 'no' doesn't mean they won't make them available at some time, but did say that II doesn't always offer AC's. I said I wouldn't deposit with him until they do.

II is very strange this year ... they aren't getting the trades as I've had a request in for BeachPlace 2 bdrm about 13 months beforehand -- and they say they've not had any deposits for the weeks I wanted. What do they expect -- if they don't give the incentives for prime prime weeks?

I wonder if II and MVCI are having some problems getting along -- the threat of MVCI starting their own internal trade system might be the cause.

Brian

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if II and MVCI are having some problems getting along -- the threat of MVCI starting their own internal trade system might be the cause.

Brian

I thought that might be the case too. If Marriott is pulling out to an internal system next year then they might not want a lot of Marriott AC in the system sopping up the inventory from the other members next year.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My take on this.

I do not think the lack of AC's has anything to do with a planned internal trading system. I think it is a matter of reaching an equilibrium of supply and demand with certain timeshares/locations.

Truth is, Marriott must have deposits to keep the sytem working, and they will do whatever it takes to get the necessary amount of deposits needed. There's nothing like owning MLE or MGV and getting that great trade to Hawaii or Aruba, and Marriott sales timeshares by speaking about trades like this.

I do believe it is possible that Marriott is pushing the limit a bit this year but all will return to normal soon. Don't forget last year owners of Grand Chateau were making similar claims about their lack of AC's. Soon enough MMC, MBP & MPB owners will be depositing their weeks just as they did in the past, whether or not they receive AC's. After all they must do so if they want to trade into Hawaii or Aruba. IMO

Terry

rdh1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to deposit the 1 bdrm portion of our MSE (week of June 27, 2009) in order to see if we would get an AC. I had not thought of a possible II vs Marriott conflict. I see our May Swallowtail week merits an AC, but a test of our Monarch for the same May week fails to get an AC. Interesting?

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that might be the case too. If Marriott is pulling out to an internal system next year then they might not want a lot of Marriott AC in the system sopping up the inventory from the other members next year.

This is exactly my thought too, although it seems inconsistent. Branson getting them while other more "marquis" properties do not seems to defy logic.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with this.

To add, I believe that a lot of people are NOT requesting trades via II for the short and medium term due to the economy in gereral and fuel prices specifically. People are taking fewer vacations, especially those who don't get paid time off. I don't have any proof from a timeshare perspective, but tourism is down as much as 25% in some areas. If my hypothesis is correct, there is a much lower quantity demanded and thus fewer ACs.

I do not think the lack of AC's has anything to do with a planned internal trading system. I think it is a matter of reaching an equilibrium of supply and demand with certain timeshares/locations.

IMO

Terry

Last edited:

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with this.

To add, I believe that a lot of people are NOT requesting trades via II for the short and medium term due to the economy in gereral and fuel prices specifically. People are taking fewer vacations, especially those who don't get paid time off. I don't have any proof from a timeshare perspective, but tourism is down as much as 25% in some areas. If my hypothesis is correct, there is a much lower quantity demanded and thus fewer ACs.

hmmm, my july 4th mmc still as no ac offerred but i know of six polo towers' weeks that are offered ac's for 2009. granted polo ac is worth less in terms of what it can trade into but still

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Winger,
it's not just Manor Club. There are lots of weeks that got ACs on a regular basis that aren't getting them.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the main reason for no AC's yet is because people aren't requesting for next year, mainly next summer yet. People like to get through the summer before making plans for the next summer, so I am sure the ac's will be offered soon for summer weeks if they haven't already.

armstrl

Reaction score
AC for MCV

We originally bought our MCV unit (one Plat and one Gold) to trade (we never go thre). This year we reserved the week of Memorial Day weekend for our Plat unit, deposited it right away in the last week of May and received an AC from II shortly thereafter. We also receive "offers" from II all the time for AC's if we deposit the MCV units, but by the time we get them we've usually traded them. Never disappointed with our trades.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Got Mine!

I exchanged my Ko Olina for an 2009 AC and received it for a 2 bedroom. Next time I will lock it off for the additional week. I did have to remind them about the AC before they gave it to me. However, I have the 5 year contract as well.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
A couple of weeks ago when I talked to II they said that Waiohai would receive an AC for any 2009 week. We had just exchanged our Mountainside lockoff for Waiohai for this October, so since we have Easter Week reserved at Waiohai, we think we will deposit rather than go again.

On the other hand, we have never rented it and assume that would be a good week to try rent. II said we could still deposit it unitl 60 days out. We still have lots of Shell points to use up, but still would sort of hate to give up that deposit and the AC if we rented.

Reaction score
Low Inventory

Are the AC's the reason that there is such low inventory on II for Aruba ? On my AC I see that Sept. and Oct. are available for Aruba, but not too many other options. I already booked airfare but can't find a week! Back in July there was plenty of inventory and even last year I remember seeing a ton avail. for the fall. What's going on with II and Aruba!?

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just talked to the Marriott desk and I asked about Manor Club. She said no ac yet, but that was subject to change. I guess I will wait a little longer.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago when I talked to II they said that Waiohai would receive an AC for any 2009 week. We had just exchanged our Mountainside lockoff for Waiohai for this October, so since we have Easter Week reserved at Waiohai, we think we will deposit rather than go again.

On the other hand, we have never rented it and assume that would be a good week to try rent. II said we could still deposit it unitl 60 days out. We still have lots of Shell points to use up, but still would sort of hate to give up that deposit and the AC if we rented.

If you are going to deposit your week, you need to do so NOW. If you wait you will give up trading value of your week. You are now at the six month time table to where you start losing trading value quickly.

Are the AC's the reason that there is such low inventory on II for Aruba ? On my AC I see that Sept. and Oct. are available for Aruba, but not too many other options. I already booked airfare but can't find a week! Back in July there was plenty of inventory and even last year I remember seeing a ton avail. for the fall. What's going on with II and Aruba!?

Exactly what dates are you looking for? Are you looking for Fall 2008? If so, I see tons of availability at Aruba Surf and Ocean Clubs - even many 2BR units.

Terry

JAKEANDERIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yippie! II offering A/C for Gold Aruba Ocean Club

Good- I was worried there for a while. I thought II was just offering AC for Platinum weeks but now they are offering them for Apr- Sept 16th. So I just booked for the week of Sept 6....but I'll wait till just before the 6 mo point to deposit it so I can put off the clock starting to tick on the AC....I'm relieved, cause I was starting to worry about the desireability of the Ocean Club, due to the "no sharing policy" with the Surf Club facility wise....

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received AC's for both my Shadow Ridge March 09 and my Timberlodge Jan 09 deposits.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Just spoke with Interval International again, and they said I would get the AC for Waiohai April 10-17 (that's Easter week), and just had to deposit 60 days ahead of our April 10, 2009 check in date. Of course we won't wait too much longer to decide, but we will be back at Waiohai in a couple of weeks, and will decide then whether we want to go again so soon. I asked again about the AC, and she assured me that we would get it no matter how close we were to the 60 day limit. We don't really want the AC to expire a year from now, so have been holding off for that too, as we have Shell points to use up this year too.

Didn't ask her how much depositing close to the 60 day date would affect trading power. We have usually gone right back to Waiohai if we deposited, but this year may trade elsewhere. Our Mountainside has been a great exchanger no matter when we deposited. However, perhaps if we had deposited earlier, Mountainside would qualify for an AC? Think we have received a notice from II saying that one time, but we had already deposited without being offered an AC.

Now that we are TUG members, we are becoming much more aware of the possibilities! Thanks!

Ann

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
No ACs for prime summer Horizons Branson anymore?

Hi,

After waiting for some months my Horizins Branson week bought resale was transferred and I finally have it registered in my II account.

As it was reported here that summer weeks at Horizons Branson would receive ACs I tried to deposit a July 2 (Thursday) checkin week in the bigher lockoff 1 BR.

This is the text the website showed:

"Deposit Type: If you choose to deposit this unit now, you can request an exchange week from today to two years after the date the home week begins and Interval International will have immediate use of this week. Your deposit expiration date will be July 9, 2011. You will have until your expiration date to complete your travel."

Does not look like this would get an AC, right? There should be additional text talking about the AC, correct?

Has someone else realized they where not offered ACs for prime summer Horizons Branson weeks?

Or can it be that there are no ACs with Interval International Europe (Germany) at all?

Thanks!