• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Recent email announcement: Your Club Wyndham Website Update Is Coming

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot access RCI through the Wyndham site. I get a
405 Method Not Allowed
error message.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'm retail only, and it's showing the same thing for me. But it really doesn't matter, as you can't book Worldmark directly from the website anyway, you have to call. You can't even check availability from the website. But it's always been that way. Any time you want to use club pass you have to call.
One of the features of this website release was supposed to be the ability to check Club Pass availability (but still have to call to book). But if it tells you it's not available for your membership type, obviously that's not entirely working.

troy12n

Reaction score
This just got me thinking, what order things will be delivered in.

If there's an existing reservation which a VIP owner has an upgrade request for, would a waitlist request supersede it?

Would VIP owners potentially lose an upgrade opportunity to fulfil a waitlist request?

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
My guess is that is why the waitlist only lets you make requests 60 days or more out. Inside that window the inventory goes to VIP upgrades.

troy12n

Reaction score
One of the features of this website release was supposed to be the ability to check Club Pass availability (but still have to call to book). But if it tells you it's not available for your membership type, obviously that's not entirely working.

Yeah, i'm full retail, and have used club pass before, so I know i'm entitled to it, so something must be wrong.

I didn't know we would have the ability to check Worldmark availability, that is nice if/when they make it work

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Questioning their method here as I just set up a waitlist for SeaWatch in a 3 or 4 BR presidential (of which there is only one of each) for next Memorial Day, and it also ranked it a 1.

What leads you to believe that is incorrect? Until we have a sample of data to test, it is perfectly plausible (as are my two waitlist requests for New Orleans during Mardi Gras weekend that both are ranked with a 1).

;)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
The drop-down list to choose a resort for the waitlist is only kind of alphabetical, and kind of random. And I can’t find Ocean Ridge and I don’t know if I’m just skimming past it or if it’s not on there. :ROFLMAO:

It seems like there are some resorts that aren't on this list without a doubt. I will make a note - let's start to create an itemized list for reporting purposes.

Website FunctionReported issueNotes/Description/Remediation recommendation
WaitlistNot all resorts appear in the drop-down list. Is this by design? Ocean Ridge doesn't appear in the list for example.Provide documentation if not all resorts are participating in the Waitlist function and/or ensure all resorts are actually listed
MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login even after clearing browser caches and across multiple browsers/devices - receiving a "account is not active" or "something unexpected happened" dialog boxes - in some cases these errors appear to be intermittentInvestigate the intermittent nature of these reported issues and resolve
MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login such as "password not valid" even when using the same password their account has always utilized
RCI access issueSome users are reporting an Error 405 Method Not Allowed when attempting to launch into the RCI website from the Owner DashboardInvestigate and fix the RCI launch mechanism
Reservation DetailsReservation details no longer displays which points bucket - developer vs resaleRegression bug - restore the identifier for the points type used to fulfill the reservation
Monthly Availability CalendarFor hybrid VIP owners - Resale - while in the drop-down list - cannot be selected - owners are therefore unable to book resale transactions for any resorts via the monthly availability calendar functionRegression bug - restore the ability to actually choose "Resale" and make online reservations for hybrid VIP owners
Points ProtectionThe step when booking a reservation for Points Protection should be opt-out by default. The current default is now opt-in - the checkbox is enabled by default.
Club Pass - Worldmark Monthly Availability Calendar When using the new Worldmark monthly availability calendar - you must choose an explicit room type from the drop-down list and there is no "All Suites" option that Club Wyndham monthly availability calendars offer. Not having an "All suites" option makes searching for general availability at a Worldmark resort tedious and time consuming - especially for resorts that have a large number of room types to choose from.

Just reply to my post here and add to the table above and we'll keep this going for reported issues...I'll take care of wordsmithing anything before sending this along to Wyndham IT of course.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links

If there's an existing reservation which a VIP owner has an upgrade request for, would a waitlist request supersede it?

Would VIP owners potentially lose an upgrade opportunity to fulfil a waitlist request?
They will never tell us the order or the timing. If the waitlisted item becomes available inside the upgrade window, my gut tells me that the waitlist will be processed before any upgrades. It seems that Wyndham has done just about everything possible to take benefits away from VIP's. There will come a point, when no one will want to be an owner of developer or VIP points.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The website update screwed my account up. Customer Care isn't any help. I'm suppose to wait and see if it fixes itself.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting is the term "Pro Tip". Perhaps the new verbiage for loopholes
If Wyndham publishes it, by definition it's not a loophole. It's similar to the way it works in RCI, to modify an ongoing search while keeping your place in line. The issue here is that it appears one must call to do it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not all resorts appear in the drop-down list. Is this by design? Ocean Ridge doesn't appear in the list for example.

Looks like the FAQ addresses the missing resorts. However, it would be nice if they properly alphabetized the resorts (to match the order on p348-49 of the directory). It's obvious the waitlist of resorts was preexisting and done manually, as Grand Palms is alphabetized where Plantation would have been lol.

The information is out there. This link will answer some of these questions. Interesting is the term "Pro Tip". Perhaps the new verbiage for loopholes

troy12n

Reaction score
@HitchHiker71 I would also add the issue (which may or may not be an actual issue) of Worldmark properties showing up as "Not available for this membership type" for some Retail owners

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You would ONLY waitlist if there was NO inventory available. WL is not available if unit type/dates are available already. Is WL priority based on Date of request that WL was placed. I assume so.

Clearly if WL was created in the first place, NO units had to be available for the unit type/dates you requested. So what needs to change on Priority on WL handling when cancelled inventory gets added back in.

It would logicially make sense to me, IMO, that priority would be to fill Waitlists over Upgrades. Based on time and date of WL request. You request during SRP you pay SRP prices, you request during ERP discount window for VIP and you get matched you pay prevailing point priced offered at time of request placement. However WL are processed in order of date/time request was made. So just because you request in ERP it could match with someone who requested in SRP, and they would get.

Again in my opinion, the Upgrade function should happen AFTER the WL process is run. The intention was to give away upgrades when there was no demand for that unit type. WL creates a demand. So Any unit type/dates not needed by WL go back into the process of potential Upgrades, if no upgrades match, then they go back into Inventory.

However WE KNOW the current automatic upgrade process is NOT working as advertized, so I don't expect much hope for the WL process. But wyndham decided to cut off waitlist at the 2 month mark, so that eliminates rying to figure out if a discount applied or not, or trying to rejig unit upgrade batch that is NOT working right today.

Business Rules folks, You have to have them all thought out and written in order for IT to automate them. Not a wyndham strong point with some topics.

Generally today I book 75% of my reservations during ERP discount window. Today that inventory is available, If there was a WL on it, it would not be available so NO WL requests are not going to take out of inventory reservations that I would otherwise be targeting.

Haven't tried it yet, just watched the quick video. Does it let you have to select ANY 2 BR or can you specific the TYPE of 2 BR you will only accept?

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It seems like there are some resorts that aren't on this list without a doubt. I will make a note - let's start to create an itemized list for reporting purposes.

WaitlistNot all resorts appear in the drop-down list. Is this by design? Ocean Ridge doesn't appear in the list for example.Provide documentation if not all resorts are participating in the Waitlist function and/or ensure all resorts are actually listed
MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login even after clearing browser caches and across multiple browsers/devices - receiving a "account is not active" dialog box
MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login such as "password not valid" even when using the same password their account has always utilized
RCI access issueSome users are reporting an Error 405 Method Not Allowed when attempting to launch into the RCI website from the Owner DashboardInvestigate and fix the RCI launch mechanism

Just reply to my post here and add to the table above and we'll keep this going for reported issues...I'll take care of wordsmithing anything before sending this along to Wyndham IT of course.
Can't book with resale points (can call and do so).
Booked with developer points and transaction history and points summary shows resale points were used (and since I didn't have any 2022 resale points, my resale point balance is negative).

troy12n

Reaction score
Regarding automatic upgrades not working, I recently got two of them in the past month. A 1BR suite upgraded to 2BR DLX at SeaWatch, and a 1BR DLX upgraded to 2BR DLX at Governors Green. Both were NOT instant upgrades, I got them between a week and 2 weeks after booking. I have also had several recent instant upgrades.

I know it seemed like they were not working for a while, but i've had at least 4 this year, more often than not.

Most of my bookings too are inside the discount window, and most of my upgrades ARE instant upgrades.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Instant Upgrades always worked, it was the background update process that had been very unpredicable @troy12n .

I would welcome news that it is working better, but I have seen too many situations were I had a unit with a request to upgrade and there was in inventory a larger unit yet I did not match. So maybe someone else matched, but why was that unit even showing up in inventory at all.

I would be happy if there was improvements, I just have been tracking it or seen enough of it happening consistently to say it is fixed, and working as expected.

troy12n

Reaction score
There are some resorts that the upgrade algorithm seems like it needs some help. For instance my automatic upgrade at SeaWatch, I actually tried to do it manually through a rebook and get an instant upgrade, and it wouldn't let me, even though there was clearly a room available in the timeframe I wanted. I have seen this happen with 2BR LO's before, but not a 2BR DLX. Anyway, out of the blue a few days later it automatically upgraded me... no clue sometimes.

But I would definitely agree that the instant upgrade method has always been more reliable.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Instant Upgrades always worked, it was the background update process that had been very unpredicable @troy12n .

I would welcome news that it is working better, but I have seen too many situations were I had a unit with a request to upgrade and there was in inventory a larger unit yet I did not match. So maybe someone else matched, but why was that unit even showing up in inventory at all.

I would be happy if there was improvements, I just have been tracking it or seen enough of it happening consistently to say it is fixed, and working as expected.
Last time an upgrade I qualified for sat for a few days, not necessarily the same room, but upgrades I would have been happy to have. When I was within 15 days there was an opportunity for an instant upgrade. Again, my room sat without getting upgraded. And at that point I couldn't cancel my original reservation. So I called to see if they'd let me do the instant upgrade and cancel the original and give me my points (they've done that before as they understood it was a system issue that the upgrades weren't working properly).

The first person I talked to transferred me to Owner Care who said sometimes rooms aren't made available for upgrades unless there are surplus (as determined by inventory management). Nothing is more frustrating than VC's (or any employee) that makes stuff up. This is someone considered to be a supervisor, so very frustrating.

So I called back and luckily got a VC who has been there for years (I've spoken to him many times and he is very competent). He totally understood what I was asking. He also has been there a long time and does have the ability to do more than most (even though he is a VC and not owner care). He took care of everything, no problem, and in record time (for a Wyndham call/transaction).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I cannot get a 100% clear answer, but from what I've been able to ascertain by reading between the lines - the answer is basically yes - Waitlist will supercede Auto-Upgrade prior to the discount window. That said, just remember that you cannot create a waitlist request within the discount window. Screenshot below for reference - this prevents the two processes from stepping on one another - so essentially auto-upgrade runs within the discount window - and waitlist runs outside of the discount window. This is my personal assessment - and not official - but after seeing how the waitlist is not available within the discount window - this is my assertion as to how this is going to work.

1665690129661.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
They will never tell us the order or the timing. If the waitlisted item becomes available inside the upgrade window, my gut tells me that the waitlist will be processed before any upgrades. It seems that Wyndham has done just about everything possible to take benefits away from VIP's. There will come a point, when no one will want to be an owner of developer or VIP points.

From what I can tell - the waitlist function will not work within the discount window. The fact that I cannot choose to create a waitlist within the 60 day discount window tells me that this process isn't going to run within this window - that's when the auto-upgrade process will run. Again, I could be wrong, but that's my sense of it based upon what I'm seeing at present.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other reason not to run waitlists in the 60-day window: it potentially resurrects cancel-rebook. If I can figure that out in about 10 minutes of thinking about it, surely someone at Wyndham did too.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Can't book with resale points (can call and do so).
Booked with developer points and transaction history and points summary shows resale points were used (and since I didn't have any 2022 resale points, my resale point balance is negative).

I just booked with developer points earlier today - without any issues - I'll try to repro this item later today and I'll add it to the list at that time. Are you saying you cannot choose the resale bucket at all? Or that when you click on the Book icon it fails at some point after launching into the booking process? Thanks for reporting this issue - keep 'em coming. :cool:

Last edited:

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score

MFA configurationSome users are reporting issues not being able to login even after clearing browser caches and across multiple browsers/devices - receiving a "account is not active" dialog box

I get this when trying to sign in. Guess I will call in now and see what can be done. sigh!

ARE YOU A CLUB WYNDHAM OWNER?
Let's get you on vacation

There was an error retrieving your account details. Please contact a Club Wyndham representative at 800-251-8736.