• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[MERGED] Recent email announcement: Your Club Wyndham Website Update Is Coming

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It is valid for both in WorldMark. 4 per account, developer or resale credits does not matter.

When one of the four slots is fulfilled or the date passes you can then replace it with another one?

With Worldmark do you get an email confirmation when you set up something on your waitlist? For the owners who aren't getting or consistently getting the emails from Wyndham when this goes live they should do a test. If they get a confirmation that they set up something on the waitlist then they should get the email when they have a match. When one of my ongoing searches in our RCI account finds something I get two, sometimes three, emails a day. It can sometimes be little annoying to get so many emails but you for sure won't miss seeing that many or forget.

I really like the idea of this but I wonder if it will work any better in our system than the VIP automatic upgrades work. You can request that your reservation upgraded but you still better keep looking if you really want and need a larger unit because our system can't be relied on to work the way it's supposed to work. How has your experience been with the waitlist in the Worldmark system? Have you noticed if it works reliably or is inconsistent?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
When one of the four slots is fulfilled or the date passes you can then replace it with another one?
Yes, four waitlists at a time, no other limit. Find a better option you want to waitlist? Cancel one of the four and enter the new waitlist. There is currently no way to check active waitlist requests other than calling in, so I maintain a super simple spreadsheet with the date the waitlist is entered and the timeframe and unit type(s) waitlisted. Much easier than calling in from time to time.

Waitlist dates may be duplicated. Statistically, it is easier to match a waitlist for 3 or 4 dates than all 7 at once, so I enter one waitlist for all 7 (a couple times I got lucky), and one waitlist for the first 3 dates and one waitlist for the second 4 nights. Most of the time I am looking for Sun. or Mon. through Thursday, so one waitlist for all 4 or 5 nights, then two waitlists for the split.

When entering a waitlist by phone, a likelihood of success from 1-3 is quoted. 1 "Likely", 2 "50-50" chance, 3 "Possible" but have an alternate reserved. Owners may cancel an existing reservation to reacquire credits to book the waitlist match. Only a couple of times have I been at a "2" level instead of "1", but I enter waitlists as soon as possible for the tough to book resorts.

With Worldmark do you get an email confirmation when you set up something on your waitlist? For the owners who aren't getting or consistently getting the emails from Wyndham when this goes live they should do a test. If they get a confirmation that they set up something on the waitlist then they should get the email when they have a match. When one of my ongoing searches in our RCI account finds something I get two, sometimes three, emails a day. It can sometimes be little annoying to get so many emails but you for sure won't miss seeing that many or forget.
There is currently no waitlist request confirmation -- only waitlist matches by email or phone, which is set up when the request is placed. Waitlist requests are entered manually, so errors get made. I usually call a couple of days after a request to confirm the waitlist request was entered correctly. There are some reports of waitlist requests "dropping"; I make a fair number of waitlist requests and have never experienced this.

I really like the idea of this but I wonder if it will work any better in our system than the VIP automatic upgrades work. You can request that your reservation upgraded but you still better keep looking if you really want and need a larger unit because our system can't be relied on to work the way it's supposed to work. How has your experience been with the waitlist in the Worldmark system? Have you noticed if it works reliably or is inconsistent?
My waitlist success rate must be better than 90%. Part of this is due to the fact that about 30% of WorldMark reservations are cancelled at some point. Quite a few waitlist matches were near the 30 day cancellation deadline. I have entered waitlist request and received an email about a match within a week.

Owners love, love, love the waitlist, because it works so well. Club Wyndham owners who spend a lot of time searching for the same reservation over, and over, and over will be amazed at the convenience.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
For the VIP members. If you put in a wait list request and the reservation becomes available within the discount Window do you get the discount when booking at that date

auntiepen

Reaction score
Can you book worldmark property in new Wyndham website? Im not Worldmark owner.
I have to call but I was told with new websites I should be able to. I tried but nothing new still said I have to call.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Can you book worldmark property in new Wyndham website? Im not Worldmark owner.
I have to call but I was told with new websites I should be able to. I tried but nothing new still said I have to call.
The new website isn't active yet - sometime in October. The email states that owners will be able to search for Worldmark availability, but will still have to call to book it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The new website isn't active yet - sometime in October. The email states that owners will be able to search for Worldmark availability, but will still have to call to book it.

Plus it says "Looking ahead, the option to book a Club Pass reservation online is expected to become available in late 2023".

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plus it says "Looking ahead, the option to book a Club Pass reservation online is expected to become available in late 2023".
Ah yes. I'll be interested to see if this update finally gives the ability to "only show resorts I can book" and screen out Worldmark. I know I've been told resale is not a "membership type," but at a certain point they're going to have to prevent me from seeing or booking them no matter what terminology they use to describe my non-retail account.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Whatever they have done over the last few days, I cannot see my second account with my log-in, but our daughter can see it with her log-in. I don't know how to fix that. It was not a good time for them to ask me to take a survey. I was beyond frustrated, and the payment system doesn't work for me either. The paymentus website remembers me as a Shell owner and will not log me into the Wyndham site.

I was trying to see my point balances. This is ridiculous.

Snippy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
@HitchHiker71 Do you know or are you able to find out if this is a complete system change? Or, it is an "update" to the system already in existence? Asking to get my expectations in order. Complete new system means we should expect nothing at all to work in Oct and Nov. Update to the system we are currently using means we should expect issues, but most website tasks should proceed as they are now.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
@HitchHiker71 Do you know or are you able to find out if this is a complete system change? Or, it is an "update" to the system already in existence? Asking to get my expectations in order. Complete new system means we should expect nothing at all to work in Oct and Nov. Update to the system we are currently using means we should expect issues, but most website tasks should proceed as they are now.

It's just product enhancements to the existing website if that's what you're asking. Wyndham just rolled out this current website in 2020 and are still in the process of moving Worldmark, Shell, and their other timeshare systems to this new system - so it's not going anywhere for a while unless they decide to give up and head in an altogether different direction of course. The only reason Wyndham is able to provide Club Pass online availability lookups like this is because they recently moved the Worldmark website to the same underlying website system and back end systems (the website itself is running on the Adobe SaaS web/cloud services). The Worldmark website release notes page was changed yesterday as follows:

1663275768860.png

Oddly enough I don't see this update on the Worldmark Release Notes webpage today - perhaps they pulled it back again - but it was there and the tracking system I'm using snapshotted the changes per the above listed screenshot. I'm sure it'll be posted again soon - but point being - this Club Pass online availability searching is being implemented for both Worldmark and Club Wyndham owners.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
shoot it would just be nice if we could get emails from them. so in other words I think I will also just keep checking availability

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's all about the $$$$$$$$

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
It would be nice if VIP received some number of free waitlist transactions annually.
Also, it would be nice if the upgrades process was run before granting wishes, when inside the 60 day window. What would be REALLY nice if they'd tell us when the batch processes are run so that we can be aware of new availability. Like happens every night at midnight ET.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder if the wait list will be valid for both developer points and resale points?
Developer only, I hope. Those with developer points deserve priority.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That seems reasonable to me. I've always thought of the upgrade as "no one would use this, so you may as well have it."
It should be run after the upgrades are processed. Remember, each upgrade is a net 0 with regard to inventory. I get a 2br and I give up a 1br. Net 0.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, it would be nice if the upgrades process was run before granting wishes, when inside the 60 day window. What would be REALLY nice if they'd tell us when the batch processes are run so that we can be aware of new availability. Like happens every night at midnight ET.
We don't even really know how priority is determined for VIP requested upgrades. I know that prior to implementation it was stated that they were first-come, first-served...but are they actually? It would be nice for Wyndham to spell out how these waitlist fulfillments fall in relation to that, but I'm not holding my breath. Also remember that waitlist requests will be able to be filled anytime at least within the SRP (I don't know about ARP - I'd think technically they could, but I don't know if they will). That means a lot of the time, they won't impact VIP upgrade requests at all.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Developer only, I hope. Those with developer points deserve priority.

And why is that? Maintenance fees that operate the resorts are exactly the same for resale as developer.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And why is that? Maintenance fees that operate the resorts are exactly the same for resale as developer.
I agree, although I admit I'm biased. The things that resale points are restricted from are effectively separate programs - VIP, Club Pass, PlusPartners, etc. When it comes to booking Wyndham resorts with resale points, I'm exactly the same as a non-VIP retail owner.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree, although I admit I'm biased. The things that resale points are restricted from are effectively separate programs - VIP, Club Pass, PlusPartners, etc. When it comes to booking Wyndham resorts with resale points, I'm exactly the same as a non-VIP retail owner.
Excellent explanation. I'm biased, the other way since I'm 100% developer and VIP. But, your point is very well taken.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE
It should be run after the upgrades are processed. Remember, each upgrade is a net 0 with regard to inventory. I get a 2br and I give up a 1br. Net 0.

But is the plan now to not release any new or canceled inventory until after the mid-October changeover? To me it really looks like that is happening. So if you are looking to book something in the next month, too bad so sad for you.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I hope Hitchhiker is able to get us some answers about which takes precedence in regards to the waitlist and the automatic upgrades.

Does anyone believe that the block on adding guest names to reservations in the owner priory lists if the owner has used their two exceptions is going to work accurately and reliably? Some owners are already saying they think the system is going so screw this up big time if you've had guest names on reservations while you were also staying at the resort. There are some owners who already keep a notebook or spreadsheet of all their reservations. I think that's something more of us should start doing. It might come in handy if you have to call Owner Care when the system tells you you've already used your two exceptions. It's going to be a nightmare for Owner Care to go back through all the reservations when there is an issue so I strongly suspect we'll get a scripted b.s. answer from them. Just like we do when we call in about the automatic upgrade not working for a reservation. It would be a very good idea to add a guest name to anything on the owner priority lists well before the check in date just in case the system does screw up like we can expect that it will.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be nice for Wyndham to spell out how these waitlist fulfillments fall in relation to that,
I don't think it matters. Earlier can't hurt, so there's no reason to wait to place a request. If there are more people waiting than units that come available, and I don't get one, that's how it goes.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope Hitchhiker is able to get us some answers about which takes precedence in regards to the waitlist and the automatic upgrades.

Does anyone believe that the block on adding guest names to reservations in the owner priory lists if the owner has used their two exceptions is going to work accurately and reliably? Some owners are already saying they think the system is going so screw this up big time if you're had guest names on reservations while you were also staying at the resort. There are some owners who already keep a notebook or spreadsheet of all their reservations. I think that's something more of us should start doing. It might come in handy if you have to call Owner Care when the system tells you you've already used your two exceptions. It's going to be a nightmare for Owner Care to go back through all the reservations when there is an issue so I strongly suspect we'll get a scripted b.s. answer from them. Just like we do when we call in about the automatic upgrade not working for a reservation. It would be a very good idea to add a guest name to anything on the owner priority lists well before the check in date just in case the system does screw up like we can expect that it will.

this-is-going-to-be-our-finest-hour.jpg