• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

kyaustin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hesitantly say the site is quite noticeably faster than last week or the weeks prior, so far anyway...

Update 1100 PDT: I guess the speed burned the site out, now kicked out of it and getting the same internet not working page as we've seen all week. I'm sort of amazed they can bring it up, but can't keep it up - the website that is.

Last edited:

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
Just tried searching with points and keep getting “fatal error “
Weeks calendars still load excruciatingly slow.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only, Maybe Marriott Vacation Club needs to ask 100 owners to volunteer to test their system before it goes operational to all their owners.
Agree! Actually, I suggested this to them a number of years back, and even volunteered to be a tester (a job I used to do when I worked). But there was never a response.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Suggestion only, Maybe Marriott Vacation Club needs to ask 100 owners to volunteer to test their system before it goes operational to all their owners.
I would prefer they hire their own QA testers to get it right before they roll it out to owners. I am certainly not going to volunteer for them. Now if they want to pay me a consulting fee, I might consider it.

dj_drf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Customer Services and was told that the added properties were supposed to become available with the failed update of this week. So, it is uncertain when they will make another attempt.

Also, I was told that when these properties become available, reservations can only be made for 2023, not for the remainder of 2022 - something that was new to me at least.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
When I log in with my trust account, I get this when booking with points option:
1659740926558.png

When I logged in with my non-trust account, I was able to see points inventory at Timber Lodge and it seemed to be working as expected. Am I the first to have success?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When I log in with my trust account, I get this when booking with points option:
View attachment 61784
When I logged in with my non-trust account, I was able to see points inventory at Timber Lodge and it seemed to be working as expected. Am I the first to have success?
There is a separate thread about this and this pre-dates the website issues. You need to have a personal web profile for yourself and/or your spouse. I would not try creating that right now though.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
After I logged in there was a link on the website home page for "Upgrades to Your Website " I clicked it the following message displayed:

Dear Owners,

We are excited to bring the Marriott Vacation Club®, Sheraton® Vacation Club, and Westin® Vacation Club products together in the coming months. Unfortunately, this work has required scheduled, and at times unexpected, outages of your website.

Although additional updates may be required, we believe most of the significant work is now complete. We expect fewer disruptions going forward and will continue to keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ron Essig
Senior Vice President, Global Owner Services
Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Last edited:

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
After I logged in there was a link on the website home page for "Upgrades to Your Website " I clicked it the following message displayed:

Dear Owners,

We are excited to bring the Marriott Vacation Club®, Sheraton® Vacation Club, and Westin® Vacation Club products together in the coming months. Unfortunately, this work has required scheduled, and at times unexpected, outages of your website.

Although additional updates may be required, we believe most of the significant work is now complete. We expect fewer disruptions going forward and will continue to keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ron Essig
Senior Vice President, Global Owner Services
Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Has anyone ever attempted to communicate to one of these executives via LinkedIN.
That might be a direct way to give them a valuable opinion!

Last edited:

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of my searches today are resulting in "Fatal Error Searching Availability. Please check the logs" or "Outside Booking Window." What DID they do all week???

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
When I got a fatal error message yesterday..I just clicked on the search tab again..it worked

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
That did work yesterday; today is a different story for me. Cannot get a single search through on Chrome or Edge. Using Safari on iPhone works most of the time.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just logged in. It kinda works. Was able to view account and reservations. Searches using points timed out and gave no results.

This is pretty incredible, all this time, and no real progress.

I am praying that they will not have to start from scratch with a newer infrastructure and database to achieve a usable system.
I am not worried about the cost.
The corporation can afford to take a profit hit for as long as necessary to build out a new internal database structure.
It is the time. I am totally unfamiliar with current timeframes necessary to port over the records, set up the necessary queries, etc.etc., but it may be the only choice MVC has.
Should we push the Board to consider this option??

trippka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection, Diamond Resorts Cabo Azul Collection, Grand Colorado Peak 8, Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Vidanta, Westin Lagunamar, Palace Resorts, Hard Rock, Marriott Aruba Surf, Marriott Kauai Beach
Site is back up, but no change. All of our information is accurate - bookings, ownership, etc.
My points history has been deleted. It says I have never had a transaction. I have a case number, but no progress to report.

trippka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection, Diamond Resorts Cabo Azul Collection, Grand Colorado Peak 8, Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Vidanta, Westin Lagunamar, Palace Resorts, Hard Rock, Marriott Aruba Surf, Marriott Kauai Beach
But no Westin/Vistana resorts. Thought that was the point???
I asked yesterday in a chat why I wasn't seeing my Vistana ownership. (I own Aruba Surf Club, Kauai Beach Club + Vistana Mexico). She told me that there was no expectation I would be able to see both until much later.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever attempted to communicate to one of these executives via LinkedIN.
That might be a direct way to give them a valuable opinion!
I am surprised there is no article in the media about it yet. That would make them move their rears pretty fast.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess the system has now reached its user capacity. Simple search result (one destination, one night in August):
Fatal Error Searching Availability. Please check the logs
I just got the same thing. I was happy to get in but then when trying to book something got this message. I tried the weeks side and it seems to be working - but no points. Then of course the live chat was not available. If anything, they need to extend the hours of owners services to help everyone that can't get it - if they can even get in.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would prefer they hire their own QA testers to get it right before they roll it out to owners. I am certainly not going to volunteer for them. Now if they want to pay me a consulting fee, I might consider it.
Maybe they can pay the maintenance fees for the system testers. Bet they would get a lot of takers then.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Weren’t the new properties supposed to be the reason for the shutdown? I don’t see them.
I wonder if they had to "back out" their software changes and they are still running on the old software?

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they had to "back out" their software changes and they are still running on the old software?
I’m ignorant as to IT. But, I do notice when sites change. Or not. Kind of gives Waiting For Godot a 21st century meaning. Did Beckett foresee the tech age? Have noticed that my MVC sales rep - whom I like - hasn’t contacted me to sell the new product. They’ve got to know what a cluster this is.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am surprised there is no article in the media about it yet. That would make them move their rears pretty fast.
Meh the news cycle won't get eyeballs on timeshare corporate website failures. Crippling Air Travel, Violence, other political stories get the headlines.
We are just fools here for buying into timeshares in the first place! :alien:

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the bright side MVC successfully did another round of stock buy backs on August 1. Good for those of us with shares, I guess. Not me.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Site not working now for me either on Chrome or Edge.