• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked to a CSR, yesterday. Poor guy. He's getting all the abuse and he has no answers on this website debacle. Guaranteed even when it goes up, there will be bugs galore. As incompetent as IT and the Executives are, let's spare a thought for the reps. They do their very best with little help from HQ.

dj_drf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I found a link to send a message to the Board of Directors:

I sent them a polite note regarding my long-standing frustrations with their web site performance, with this being only the latest, though greatest example of ineptness. Within an hour, I received a phone call - all the things you'd expect, including recognition of my complaint, acceptance, apologies. The caller also used the words embarrassment, as well as acknowledging this has been a problem for years. The caller also acknowledged the high level of complaints. For anyone else wanting to register their voice, I'd suggest this avenue.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I found a link to send a message to the Board of Directors:

I sent them a polite note regarding my long-standing frustrations with their web site performance, with this being only the latest, though greatest example of ineptness. Within an hour, I received a phone call - all the things you'd expect, including recognition of my complaint, acceptance, apologies. The caller also used the words embarrassment, as well as acknowledging this has been a problem for years. The caller also acknowledged the high level of complaints. For anyone else wanting to register their voice, I'd suggest this avenue.
Thank you for providing this link. I just sent my own message to them.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Part of a July 18, 2022 article. Are you inspired in a very meaningful way? Name change Lori gastroenteritis

According to Lori Gustafson, executive vice president and chief brand and digital strategy officer at Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Probably more than anything, our business, the timeshare vacation ownership business, has been a traditionally face-to-face sale, which we understand the power of. But as we think about our investment in our digital strategy over the years to come, we really are placing bets in a more digital and data-driven future and expect that you as a consumer and every owner would be able to do all searching, booking, buying and being inspired in a very meaningful way online.

Al Savage

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband was a senior systems architect at Marriott headquarters (now passed away) but problems there back then were due to promoting people from within to jobs they were not qualified for.

Ah, the The Peter Principle, I know it well. "In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence."

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Normally I’m a somewhat patient person when it comes to upgrades and understand these things have glitches, take time and there will be set backs. However, this has to be one of the biggest examples of corporate incompetence I’ve seen I a very long time. It’s becoming obvious that someone at the top sent down an edict that was likely unreasonable and not practice.

Several years ago I worked part time in an E-care medical facility. We were electronically connected to remote hospitals and provide monitoring and advice in areas in areas of expertise that was often lacking in smaller communities. One hospital was having issue higher if qualified people to watch cardiac monitors. We had that capability BUT, we needed fiber optic cable to carry enough signal to watch all of their monitors. As it was, we could only watch six at a time.

We tried over and over to explain the issue to administration. Their answer was, “ Get some fiber optic cable.” They couldn’t comprehend what that meant and they were convinced it was an “easy” fix. The remote hospital was 200 miles away across three or four counties.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Day 5 of a 15 hour shutdown…..impressive….NOT

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
However, this has to be one of the biggest examples of corporate incompetence I’ve seen I a very long time. It’s becoming obvious that someone at the top sent down an edict that was likely unreasonable and not practice.

You obviously haven't seen Wyndham's IT department in action. ;)

That being said, this is a bit ridiculous that they didn't just restore/roll back, and then figure out what happened and how to correct it in a development sandbox.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
So I can sign in- finally. But still slow! On a non- reservation time I tested the refresh for the calendar and it was a “speedy” 17 seconds. It used to be 2 or 3 until recently. Every page takes forever to load.

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
So I can sign in- finally. But still slow! On a non- reservation time I tested the refresh for the calendar and it was a “speedy” 17 seconds. It used to be 2 or 3 until recently. Every page takes forever to load.
Same for me.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it finally here???

qsoqrwevr5ml5v74zfxf.jpg

PARDON OUR DUST
Your Owner website will be offline starting 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time on August 1, 2022, for a scheduled system update. We expect the website to be unavailable for approximately 15 hours.
There continues to be many behind-the-scene improvements as we bring together multiple vacation options for you to explore and enjoy. This important update will enhance your vacation planning and online experience.
Thank you for your patience during
this extended outage.
For Weeks Owners, any inventory scheduled to be released on August 1st will be moved to 9:00 a.m. on August 2nd. later.
Suggestion only, Maybe Marriott Vacation Club needs to ask 100 owners to volunteer to test their system before it goes operational to all their owners.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working very well for me so far. I have run multiple searches, including several with 15 destinations selected (the max), and not a single Fatal Error or Outside Booking Window error message.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working very well for me so far. I have run multiple searches, including several with 15 destinations selected (the max), and not a single Fatal Error or Outside Booking Window error message.
Guess the system has now reached its user capacity. Simple search result (one destination, one night in August):
Fatal Error Searching Availability. Please check the logs

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
The Vacation Gods have granted me the privilege of successfully getting on the MVC site and making a ressie....:)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to logon this morning and found the MVC website (dare I say it) peppy!?!. Also, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I was able to see my upcoming reservations and point balance on the first try. Fingers crossed...

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weren’t the new properties supposed to be the reason for the shutdown? I don’t see them.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Weren’t the new properties supposed to be the reason for the shutdown? I don’t see them.
They never said the reason for the outage beyond generic language about enhancing your vacation planning. Presumably since no changes are noticeable to the user, this was likely a background migration of some sort that will allow them to build and launch Abound at a future date (soon, we hope!) and that feature will contain the new properties once it launches.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
They never said the reason for the outage beyond generic language about enhancing your vacation planning. Presumably since no changes are noticeable to the user, this was likely a background migration of some sort that will allow them to build and launch Abound at a future date (soon, we hope!) and that feature will contain the new properties once it launches.
Clearly, this is not an exercise in corporate communications.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to logon this morning and found the MVC website (dare I say it) peppy!?!. Also, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I was able to see my upcoming reservations and point balance on the first try. Fingers crossed...

I banked some points. Didn't find it any peppier myself.

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
Working well for me, albeit somewhat slow. Looks like all my upcoming reservations and ownerships (including points) are correct. Using Safari on my MacBook.

Last edited: