• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC Website Reservation Tech Issues?

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
I’m yet another Chairman’s Club member facing huge website issues, and after hoping the weekend’s updates would improve my situation, have found that it’s only worse.

For years, I would mostly book online, especially since I can’t make phone calls when sitting amongst others at my kids’ sports practices. During this swim season however, despite the literal hundreds of tries made each day I’ve tried, I believe I completed only 3 reservations on my own. I’d just refresh again and again until temporary holds timed out, back out, or log in and out, and repeat variations of the process for hours each week (during practices mostly, but also at odd times throughout the day or night), before calling reservations in during “found time” over the next few days.

What was new to me Monday, was finding that the super slow and regularly failed loading of my future reservations page is now consistently faster, but absolutely wrong. The resulting page states that I have no points based reservations, when I have dozens in reality. And, today still, the six week string of summer ‘23 reservations (booked by phone yesterday) is also missing from list of weeks reservations. I’ll have to make/find time to call again, just to get the info necessary for depositing some into interval. Ugh.

BTW clearing caches, using various browsers, and various devices hasn’t helped, and while the Chairman’s line phone reps are sympathetic, they can’t do much more than log my complaints and tell me to call “anytime” I encounter website issues… as if they’re open, and available without a wait, whenever I’ve got a moment.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
Doesn’t work for me when I refresh I then get a blank screen and I’ve tried many many times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have the same issue with both the DC and AP sites?

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don’t hit the back button, instead hit the refresh button, and that has worked to get by that screen. A CC member.

That worked for me for every reservation I made for the last few years, but stopped working 12 April, since then the time BEFORE I receive the error message seems to have reduced sharply, from 2-5 minutes right down to what I'd guess is now about 30 seconds, and now hitting refresh simply brings up the same error page again.

I have had zero success booking online for the past month.

Just to clarify, I'm an IT professional, I've used multiple machines, multiple ISPs, multiple browsers Multiple OS'es and tablet, phone and PC, with the same experience on them all.
Similarly on the same devices, access to my CC level MVC AP account is very snappy, and works perfectly,

Finally, access to a friends MVC account (accessed with his permission) for comparison purposes on the exact same devices works perfectly and responds quickly.

The issue is therefore - in my opinion - indisputably related to the account, and it seems likely that problems are experienced by any account (typically Chairman's club accounts) which have a long history, multiple holdings, multiple reservations or some combination thereof.

Last edited:

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
Doesn’t work for me when I refresh I then get a blank screen and I’ve tried many many times!

I’ve tried Firefox browser and that works well.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
The issue is therefore - in my opinion - indisputably related to the account, and it seems likely that problems are experienced by any account (typically Chairman's club accounts) which have a long history, multiple holdings, multiple reservations or some combination thereof.

You’ve described my account and experience well!

Yesterday’s rep mentioned that their engineers wanted to try deleting my account, and create me a new one, but I didn’t have time to take them up on that (attempt at a) fix. If I can get through quickly on the phone, and have them first email me details on my actual historic and future bookings, I might just let them try.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’ve described my account and experience well!

Yesterday’s rep mentioned that their engineers wanted to try deleting my account, and create me a new one, but I didn’t have time to take them up on that (attempt at a) fix. If I can get through quickly on the phone, and have them first email me details on my actual historic and future bookings, I might just let them try.
That's great news!
That is exactly what I was planning to ask them - i.e. could they create a whole new account for me, which would perhaps work. So I think it's great that they offered it to you.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's great news!
That is exactly what I was planning to ask them - i.e. could they create a whole new account for me, which would perhaps work. So I think it's great that they offered it to you.
Sadly, I just got off the phone with a second rep at MVC, after the first call dropped, and they both said that that “fix” hasn’t worked for anyone who had tried it thus far, so I didn’t push.

What we did instead was go through (just) this year’s points-based reservations, so I could record points sources for each, one by one. Both reps said they only have the ability to email the same info (resort name, dates, and room type) as I can easily pull up on my bonvoy app, and to their credit, were very patient and clear in communicating the needed info.

I may still have MVC try to reset my account, after I’ve had a chance to digest/tweak this year’s reservations, AND recorded the details re. all of my ‘23 reservations, if they don’t resolve the issues first.

** If anyone has not yet done so, the reps have been asking that owners send screenshots and complaint emails directly to owner.services@vacationclub.com so their tech team can get a feel for the volume of complaints the reps have had to manage.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
That worked for me for every reservation I made for the last few years, but stopped working 12 April, since then the time BEFORE I receive the error message seems to have reduced sharply, from 2-5 minutes right down to what I'd guess is now about 30 seconds, and now hitting refresh simply brings up the same error page again.

I have had zero success booking online for the past month.

Just to clarify, I'm an IT professional, I've used multiple machines, multiple ISPs, multiple browsers Multiple OS'es and tablet, phone and PC, with the same experience on them all.
Similarly on the same devices, access to my CC level MVC AP account is very snappy, and works perfectly,

Finally, access to a friends MVC account (accessed with his permission) for comparison purposes on the exact same devices works perfectly and responds quickly.

I agree, I manage several accounts, and booking on NON chairmans works fine, but Chairmans (even one or two accounts with only a few reservations also creates the error. Its SUPER frustrating to think they can not fix it.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just received the email below. I sincerely hope that they really can supply me with all of my upcoming reservations detail by email afterall, since I didn’t want to keep the rep on the phone any longer than I did, when taking down the details re. my 2022 reservations.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacation Club and taking the time to reach out regarding our website.

I am sorry to hear that you cannot view your upcoming reservations online; I know this is frustrating. It is our goal to provide all Owners the utmost in quality service, and it is only by your essential feedback that we can continue to do so.

I have reported your issue to our Website Development Team.

While this is being investigated, my best suggestion is to contact us via online chat or phone if you have any questions regarding your upcoming reservations. If they are linked to your Marriott Bonvoy account, you also may be able to view them on the Marriott Bonvoy app.

These are only workaround suggestions since I cannot provide an ETA of a fix.

We can also provide a report of your upcoming reservations anytime via email if that would be helpful.

Upon review of your account, I show you have the following Vacation Club Points:
  • Xxxx Vacation Club Points in a Holding Account that expire on January 1, 2023
  • Xxxx Vacation Club Points in a Holding Account that expire on December 16, 2023
  • Xxxx Banked Vacation Club Points that expire on January 1, 2024
  • Xxxx Banked Vacation Club Points in 2023 that expire on January 1, 2024
  • Xxxx Annual Vacation Club Points in 2023, eligible to be banked by August 31, 2023
Have a wonderful day, and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. You can reply to this email, or you may visit our website www.marriottvacationclub.com.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve had problems in the past two weeks with both Vacation Club and Bonvoy websites, not able to complete reservations. We are CC but not sure that’s the issue. Had to call to get t reservations handled. Arghh….

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Anyone else not showing any points reservations in their MVC account? We have six and it says we have none-including two checking in tomorrow. They are all still showing in Marriott.com. MVC website is so annoying sometimes. I am waiting to chat to confirm.

[Moderator Note: Threads merged.] <-- SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Mine are not showing either. Just a big "You currently do not have any upcoming reservations" message. That's not concerning at all! :eek:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Given all the website issues yesterday, this is not surprising.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
MVC chat reported this as a known issue-being worked on.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to not being able to see my upcoming reservations, this morning, I cannot search for availability. When I click on "Book Vacation Club Points," I get the following:

We Apologize for the inconvenience

We're sorry, there was a problem loading this page.

• For maintenance fee payments, please wait 24 hours for payment to post. If the payment has not posted, please try again.
  • For reservation requests, we are unable to confirm this transaction. You may wish to request the vacation again. If the problem persists please contact us.

20-5-001
WDC-1-20-5-001

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
In addition, Marriott.com (hotel site) is not able to find hotels to make reservations right now. I'm trying to make a reservation in June, put in my search criteria and it says the system is not able to process the request at this time, try later.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
It finally happened...haven't had any problems for quite a while....just tried to log on to the MVC website and the.......Sorry for the inconvenience message appeared....:rolleyes:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
1652376304556.png

Can't even check availability anymore :(

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also book using points has been offline since late yesterday.

edit - sorry, late to the game :)

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, both the MVC website and app are showing weeks and points bookings again today.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Anyone having trouble logging into MVC site today?…its saying site is down for maintenance.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Anyone having trouble logging into MVC site today?…its saying site is down for maintenance.

Yes I’m getting the same all day!