• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frustrated with my other half, I just can’t get him to understand the risks

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If you cannot come to agreement to carve out separate spaces and bathrooms, that's disappointing. I would look for an AirBnB or VRBO single family home close by that you could rent by the month. They will be happy to rent to you.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Basically staying away from him. I locked the bedroom door, he slept in his man cave but as soon as I came out he ran in and used that bathroom. There are two others, one in his man cave. There is no way I can limit him, he won’t listen.

Wow. Just Wow. Sounds like he is doing this to irritate you. I am sorry to hear you going through this. Hang in there.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband would do the same thing if he could still drive. This is probably happening everywhere. What will the world be like when this is over. My husband is losing all socialization, which helps slow the progress of his disease. I could send him off to,play golf tomorrow, but he would ride shoulder to shoulder with someone who might not have been careful

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Basically staying away from him. I locked the bedroom door, he slept in his man cave but as soon as I came out he ran in and used that bathroom. There are two others, one in his man cave. There is no way I can limit him, he won’t listen. I can only stay away from him and wipe anything before touching. Air Droplets I have no control. Staying home is the best option right now.

The least he could do is respect your boundaries about bathrooms. I would lay down the law and tell him to use his in bathroom, that yours is off limits. Maybe you should ask him to rent an AirBnB until this is over if he will not at least try to adhere to some basic safety precautions and home guidelines. But on the positive side, most people will not get Covid-19 and those who do will have no symptoms or mild symptoms. I understand you may have some underlying conditions, though, that might put you at greater risk.

P.S. I just saw a preview of 60 Minutes and they will be reporting on an anti-viral drug tonight.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Wow. Just Wow. Sounds like he is doing this to irritate you.
Thoughts and prayers I don't know you obviously, and do not mean this next comment personally at all. As part of Canada's response the govt has funded extra abuse centres and beds as health experts are predicting an increase in spousal abuse from spending so much time together.

I'm currently on my annual winter snowbird timeshare trip. With occupancy at 10% max, plenty of tp, toiletries, etc locations close to outdoor activities , they are awesome places to be.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The least he could do is respect your boundaries about bathrooms. I would lay down the law and tell him to use his in bathroom, that yours is off limits. Maybe you should ask him to rent an AirBnB until this is over if he will not at least try to adhere to some basic safety precautions and home guidelines. But on the positive side, most people will not get Covid-19 and those who do will have no symptoms or mild symptoms. I understand you may have some underlying conditions, though, that might put you at greater risk.

P.S. I just saw a preview of 60 Minutes and they will be reporting on an anti-viral drug tonight.
I have tried all the boundaries stuff. He will not leave. I accepted that this is how it is.

imo he is much more at risk then me. I had the flu and was able to recover as well as possible a mild case of the virus now looking back. He always struggles with respiratory illnesses and has a 24/7 irregular heartbeat.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Basically staying away from him. I locked the bedroom door, he slept in his man cave but as soon as I came out he ran in and used that bathroom. There are two others, one in his man cave. There is no way I can limit him, he won’t listen. I can only stay away from him and wipe anything before touching. Air Droplets I have no control. Staying home is the best option right now.
I’m so sorry your going thru this. With this being a stressful time in and of itself, it’s sad that he will not be considerate of you and your health.
I’m hoping that things get better

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thoughts and prayers I don't know you obviously, and do not mean this next comment personally at all. As part of Canada's response the govt has funded extra abuse centres and beds as health experts are predicting an increase in spousal abuse from spending so much time together.

I'm currently on my annual winter snowbird timeshare trip. With occupancy at 10% max, plenty of tp, toiletries, etc locations close to outdoor activities , they are awesome places to be.

I would say ignored is my problem as he has his head in the sand.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you not tell him which is your designated bathroom and draw the line in the sand that if he does not respect your wish, then he does not respect you and your marriage is in jeopardy?

I am sorry. I would threaten divorce if my husband disrepects me.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I did a google search (using “couples coping covid 19”) and found the following articles, hopefully one of them will help you and anyone else having a difficult time.
  1. Social Distancing Gone Wrong: Couples in Corona Crisis - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...istancing-gone-wrong-couples-in-corona-crisis
  2. “You Want to Do What?” COVID-19 and Relationship Coping - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...want-do-what-covid-19-and-relationship-coping
  3. Quarantine can test any relationship. A couples therapist explains how to cope - https://www.vox.com/culture/2020/3/...and-wife-roommate-family-couples-therapy-cope
  4. Winning an Argument with a Difficult Intimate Partner - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...7/winning-argument-difficult-intimate-partner
  5. How to handle coronavirus tension with relationships and roommates - https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/how-to-handle-coronavirus-tension-with-relationships-and-roommates/
  6. Quarreling during quarantine: How to keep the peace with your partner - https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ionships-healthy-fights-solutions/5074960002/
  7. How to stay married through coronavirus - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-21/how-to-stay-married-through-coronavirus/12073778

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I would say ignored is my problem as he has his head in the sand.
We're all with you on this

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did a google search (using “couples coping covid 19”) and found the following articles, hopefully one of them will help you and anyone else having a difficult time.
  1. Social Distancing Gone Wrong: Couples in Corona Crisis - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...istancing-gone-wrong-couples-in-corona-crisis
  2. “You Want to Do What?” COVID-19 and Relationship Coping - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...want-do-what-covid-19-and-relationship-coping
  3. Quarantine can test any relationship. A couples therapist explains how to cope - https://www.vox.com/culture/2020/3/...and-wife-roommate-family-couples-therapy-cope
  4. Winning an Argument with a Difficult Intimate Partner - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...7/winning-argument-difficult-intimate-partner
  5. How to handle coronavirus tension with relationships and roommates - https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/how-to-handle-coronavirus-tension-with-relationships-and-roommates/
  6. Quarreling during quarantine: How to keep the peace with your partner - https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ionships-healthy-fights-solutions/5074960002/
  7. How to stay married through coronavirus - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-21/how-to-stay-married-through-coronavirus/12073778
So much to read, maybe it will help

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am lucky. My DH and I are not quarreling. We do not fight all that much. We had a brief argument over why he convinced me to move forward with the house purchase given the coronavirus crisis when I wanted to back out. Now we are backing out but all contingencies have already been lifted so we are losing a high 5 figure deposit. We are hoping the seller will split the deposit with us since half the deposit would probably cover his expenses for at least 6 months until he can sell it. My agent said he is getting legal counsel so I suspect he will not agree. I was blaming my DH for this last night and he reminded me why we made the decision and he said it is not worth ruining our marriage over. I agreed and we stopped arguing.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Panina, I know this is not much comfort, however if you are in good health, get your rest and keep your immune system strong, in the event you contract SARS-CoV2 the odds are with you that it will be mild. People most at risk are smokers, persons with compromised immune systems and those with chronic circulatory and respiratory diseases. Be Safe.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, I know this is not much comfort, however if you are in good health, get your rest and keep your immune system strong, in the event you contract SARS-CoV2 the odds are with you that it will be mild. People most at risk are smokers, persons with compromised immune systems and those with chronic circulatory and respiratory diseases. Be Safe.

And remember the percentage of people in China who have died from covid-19 is 0.00%. It is such a small percentage that it does not register.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
And remember the percentage of people in China who have died from covid-19 is 0.00%. It is such a small percentage that it does not register.
Are you using the total China population as the denominator? or the Wuhan quarantine population as the basis? The latter would be more realistic since they walled off the quarantine area so other regions would not have been fully exposed to the virus.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've tried not to comment on this again but this post makes me so angry for you. Please forgive me for saying this but your husband is being a passive-aggressive ass. I don't know why, but he is. He is putting not only his own health at risk but yours, as well. In addition, he is putting everyone else's health at risk that he comes into contact with. Why? Just to prove that you can't tell him what to do? You're a lot nicer than I am obviously because I would have packed a bag for him and pushed him out the door. I won't say the rest of what's on my mind but I will tell you I am praying for you and hope that you will stay safe and well. God bless you, Panina. I wish there was some way I could help.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you using the total China population? or the Wuhan quarantine population as the basis? The latter would be more realistic since they walled off the quarantine area so other regions would not have been exposed to the virus.

Total population since that is how countries are measuring this. There were 2100 deaths in Wuhan (pop = 11 million) out of the total of 3200 in China. The death rate in Wuhan is 0.02% based on population. So if we use this percentage to extrapolate for the USA, we will have up to 70,000 deaths but probably much less since we also have cases concentrated in epicenters so it would be incorrect to multiply by the total US population. I suspect in the end that Covid-19 will be like a bad flu in its death rate.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for all your support. Just having you all to vent to helps. I don’t feel alone. I know I cannot be the only one, just the one who is exposing myself. I never give up hope. I am taking care of myself now with sleep, eating well and exercising. ❤️

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First of all you can't believe what China is saying. Their lies, denials and coverups created this mess. Second, we need to keep it in perspective, unless you have a chronic illness this is likely to be mild if you get it. It is deadly to people in high risk categoriges and they should take precautions. The bigest threat now is the impact it will have on social order.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for all your support. Just having you all to vent to helps. I don’t feel alone. I know I cannot be the only one, just the one who is exposing myself. I never give up hope. I am taking care of myself now with sleep, eating well and exercising. ❤
When this is over, find somebody that deserves you. You certainly deserve better.

geekette

Reaction score
Door locks.
I've tried not to comment on this again but this post makes me so angry for you. Please forgive me for saying this but your husband is being a passive-aggressive ass. I don't know why, but he is. He is putting not only his own health at risk but yours, as well. In addition, he is putting everyone else's health at risk that he comes into contact with. Why? Just to prove that you can't tell him what to do? You're a lot nicer than I am obviously because I would have packed a bag for him and pushed him out the door. I won't say the rest of what's on my mind but I will tell you I am praying for you and hope that you will stay safe and well. God bless you, Panina. I wish there was some way I could help.
I would also have changed the locks.

Someone that enjoys your being scared out of your mind doesn't deserve to come back in.

geekette

Reaction score
First of all you can't believe what China is saying. Their lies, denials and coverups created this mess. Second, we need to keep it in perspective, unless you have a chronic illness this is likely to be mild if you get it. It is deadly to people in high risk categoriges and they should take precautions. The bigest threat now is the impact it will have on social order.
The poster's perspective is from being HIGH RISK. Why do you think she is frightened?? I'm sure she appreciates your adding the word deadly. That's as helpful as her husband, refusing to take precautions.

The biggest threat Is Not impact on social order. It's DEATH. Do you for sure know which set of stats you will land in? None of us do.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Door locks.

I would also have changed the locks.

Someone that enjoys your being scared out of your mind doesn't deserve to come back in.
If it was that easy. One could break into their home or call the police easily to get back in.