• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New-future Westin/Sheraton Resorts

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Westin/Sheraton has converted three resorts from hotels to TS resorts. I assume this is to inflate their Flex program offerings. The newest being renovated in puerto Vallarta Mexico. While I know it’s a long shot, does anyone have any intel on future Westin or Sheraton resorts either being developed or converted? Kinda bummed Grand Cayman was never converted.

I thought I read about a new westin being built in Anaheim? Hotel or TS I. D.o.n.t know.

I feel like they need resorts in their flex programs. Westin St John cannot be booked with Westin Flex from what I understand. Mexico resorts are also in their own separate program called Westin Aventura? And can’t be booked with Westin flex on a resale. Obviously developer purchases still have star option capabilities for all resorts in network.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wouldn't expect anything new on the Vistana or even Marriott front until after they have a combined program. Then who knows, they may just build out new properties under the Marriott brand. I don't think the current license agreement that Vistana has with Marriott International allows them to add new resorts without going back to them and updating the agreement. It seems that the Marriott license agreement is more flexible.

I wouldn't buy StarOptions with the plans of traveling beyond already announced properties.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I wouldn't expect anything new on the Vistana or even Marriott front until after they have a combined program. Then who knows, they may just build out new properties under the Marriott brand. I don't think the current license agreement that Vistana has with Marriott International allows them to add new resorts without going back to them and updating the agreement. It seems that the Marriott license agreement is more flexible.

I wouldn't buy StarOptions with the plans of traveling beyond already announced properties.
Agreed, I want more options to go to my favorite resorts more often. I was just hoping for another Westin in a different location than Mexico or Hawaii

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Hilton has properties now on every Hawaiian Islands. Our 2nd purchase was The Bay Club, an HGVC affiliate.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Hilton has properties now on every Hawaiian Islands. Our 2nd purchase was The Bay Club, an HGVC affiliate.
That’s great! Hawaii does nothing for me. It’s. 12 hour flight from nyc. I’d rather keep going and get to Asia :)

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We are CA so it’s a quick flight relatively.
HGVC has a host of Japanese properties as well.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We are CA so it’s a quick flight relatively.
HGVC has a host of Japanese properties as well.
That makes complete sense then. I’m always looking for more Caribbean since it’s so quick here. Vistana having Atlantis and St John are good for me, plus trading into Aruba in MVC works for me. Mexico is close too but I have no desire for Mexico tbh, maybe puerto Vallarta will be nice I hear good things.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will ever be a new property in SVN. MVC can't add new sheraton or westin TS under their crrent agreement, while thy can add as many using the Marriott name as they like. They're just selling flex, so if they need more inventory than they can get from deedbacks they can build more phases at SVV or WDW.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I doubt there will ever be a new property in SVN. MVC can't add new sheraton or westin TS under their crrent agreement, while thy can add as many using the Marriott name as they like. They're just selling flex, so if they need more inventory than they can get from deedbacks they can build more phases at SVV or WDW.
Does that count converting older Westin or Sheraton properties into TS and putting them into the VSN? I would agree that they wouldn’t build new.... why would anyone spend the money and buy into flex? You’re stuck with the resorts that are there.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I read they sold off the land at SVV so no new phases would be coming.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I read they sold off the land at SVV so no new phases would be coming.
Do you have a reference for this? We know that VAC sold the undeveloped land at Harbour Lake, but I haven't seen any reference to the land at SVV. I think the undeveloped land at SVV is rather undesirable. It is landlocked to the current SVV phases and any access would probably require access through the current property.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Does that count converting older Westin or Sheraton properties into TS and putting them into the VSN? I would agree that they wouldn’t build new.... why would anyone spend the money and buy into flex? You’re stuck with the resorts that are there.

The only former Westin and Sheraton hotels that have been converted into timeshare properties are hotels that were owned by ILG. That ownership was derived as part of the spinoff of Starwood Vacation from Starwood Hotels. That pipeline is now dry.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The only former Westin and Sheraton hotels that have been converted into timeshare properties are hotels that were owned by ILG. That ownership was derived as part of the spinoff of Starwood Vacation from Starwood Hotels. That pipeline is now dry.
See. You learn so much here lol. Got it. So no more new resorts ever coming. Maybe it’s worth it to pick up another week in MVC, or just rely on interval exchanges.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Do you have a reference for this? We know that VAC sold the undeveloped land at Harbour Lake, but I haven't seen any reference to the land at SVV. I think the undeveloped land at SVV is rather undesirable. It is landlocked to the current SVV phases and any access would probably require access through the current property.
To be honest , it may have been something I read here. Most def could have been speculation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be honest , it may have been something I read here. Most def could have been speculation.

That was me guessing based on their investor info, but dioxide corrected me and concluded it was harbour lake.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
That was me guessing based on their investor info, but dioxide corrected me and concluded it was harbour lake.
Lol. So it’s all your fault!! Lol

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Hilton has Oahu, Big Island, and is building on Maui. I'm not aware of any plans for HGVC on Kauai.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
You are correct. HGVC isn’t on Kauai. I checked the portal.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Different locations is why HGVC and Vistana complement each other so well. That's why we own both. SOs and HGVC point systems are similar too. Hope MVC doesnt mess up Vistana.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Optimist! Of course they will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was thinking. I do hope they keep them separate but let’s face it. They will expect us to buy into something else in order to use our points. As a pessimist, I don’t think anything that great will evolve without an increase in cost, or a loss of a benefit somewhere.