• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do escrowed eBay Sellers make money?

Rachman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking to purchase a timeshare on eBay and see the bid for a few ideal Timeshares were only $1. In addition some are offering gift cards and closing costs paid in full. What is in it for these unattached sellers/brokers (ex. J&J Timeshare & Timeshares4U) who have no affiliation with the resorts they resale?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Some sellers are also unloading timeshare trade-ins. THey get paid by the developer that is sending them the timeshare from the trade-in. THe developer made their money on the new sale.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I know one fellow who charges 2 k to sell the timeshare plus transfer and resort costs. You pay nothing until it sells. He tells me he makes an average of 15 k a month selling timeshares on eBay. The 2k charge plus transfer fees are due right when the purchase contract is signed. No payment from the seller means he offers another, better timeshare to the buyer that is in the same location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I know one fellow who charges 2 k to sell the timeshare plus transfer and resort costs. You pay nothing until it sells. He tells me he makes an average of 15 k a month selling timeshares on eBay. The 2k charge plus transfer fees are due right when the purchase contract is signed. No payment from the seller means he offers another, better timeshare to the buyer that is in the same location.

If people only knew they could do this themselves for less than a hundred bucks!

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
If people only knew they could do this themselves for less than a hundred bucks!

Yup!

He has an average of 50 timeshares to sell and more every day. Seller is responsible for all fees like MF until the transfer is complete. He pockets the bid price too. He says that ranges from 1 dollar to his highest price received on a Hyatt Maui which was 9500.00. He says he has had only 2 sellers not pay his fee and they were dumped. He has a good thing going and no shortage of sellers.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yup!

He has an average of 50 timeshares to sell and more every day. Seller is responsible for all fees like MF until the transfer is complete. He pockets the bid price too. He says that ranges from 1 dollar to his highest price received on a Hyatt Maui which was 9500.00. He says he has had only 2 sellers not pay his fee and they were dumped. He has a good thing going and no shortage of sellers.

Hope he is a licensed real estate agent.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Hope he is a licensed real estate agent.

He is and a licensed transfer agent. He used to be a real estate agent selling homes but moved to this as it was more lucrative for him and less cost (marketing, transporting clients, etc)

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Both are legit Ebay resellers. JJ has listings on the Bargain Basement and I purchased my annual SDO from Timeshares4U.

I can also vouch for both. I know JJ makes his money the same way my friend does. The seller covers his end. He’s a good, honest guy to deal with.

In another thread, I said I am glad resorts are finally giving those who want out options. It is nice to see that there are more good services in this space. TUG and redweek were the early birds to the party and still provide a super option for people too.

For those who want in, they benefit greatly on pricing too. It’s a win win. I suppose the only loser here is the developer who wants to charge very high prices and has to work harder to get retail. The resort itself wins as their main goal is to have as many paying maintenance fee owners as possible.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I can also vouch for both. I know JJ makes his money the same way my friend does. The seller covers his end. He’s a good, honest guy to deal with.

In another thread, I said I am glad resorts are finally giving those who want out options. It is nice to see that there are more good services in this space. TUG and redweek were the early birds to the party and still provide a super option for people too.

For those who want in, they benefit greatly on pricing too. It’s a win win. I suppose the only loser here is the developer who wants to charge very high prices and has to work harder to get retail. The resort itself wins as their main goal is to have as many paying maintenance fee owners as possible.

So I shouldn’t pick up a third timeshare? Lol

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
So I shouldn’t pick up a third timeshare? Lol

For some reason I thought you were from NY with multiple TS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
For some reason I thought you were from NY with multiple TS.

Not too many, sold one last week and signed two different contracts today on two more. Hopefully another one or two this week then I’m finished. Trying to get Vistana mandatory deeds to go to Vistana properties. Don’t care much about a joint MVC program.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not too many, sold one last week and signed two different contracts today on two more. Hopefully another one or two this week then I’m finished. Trying to get Vistana mandatory deeds to go to Vistana properties. Don’t care much about a joint MVC program.

I just bought two within the last month and considering it a decade unless a Wyndham Canterbury opens up.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
W
I just bought two within the last month and considering it a decade unless a Wyndham Canterbury opens up.

which two did you buy this week

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
W

which two did you buy this week

DRI South Bend, EY, Floating Red, 1BR/1BA, $ 1 although I am paying closing and transfer costs ($400)
Williamsburg Plantation, EY, Week 15 (my bday week), 4LBR/4BA, $1, seller paying closing and transfer costs and $250 gift card

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
O
DRI South Bend, EY, Floating Red, 1BR/1BA, $ 1 although I am paying closing and transfer costs ($400)
Williamsburg Plantation, EY, Week 15 (my bday week), 4LBR/4BA, $1, seller paying closing and transfer costs and $250 gift card

oh wow. You’re stacking them up!!