• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Purchase Planned Tomo

Oceans82

Reaction score
Hello,

I attended a sales presentation and ended up purchasing a VIP package so that I could really spend some time doing some research to understand all the moving parts. Needless to say I'm glad I didn't buy. I'm thinking about making a purchase for $10,500 for 14K points and $2100 maintenance fee tomorrow. Does this sound reasonable? I'm looking for a few opinions. Im going to end up paying just the transfer fee if it makes it through ROFR. Will the purchase affect my package? I haven't even received any information on it yet. Thank you everyone!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I'm thinking about making a purchase for $10,500 for 14K points and $2100 maintenance fee tomorrow.

Where are you thinking of purchasing? I can not think of 14K point which match $2100 MF.

Will the purchase affect my package?
I don't see any reason why it would affect your VIP purchase. It will make the sales presentation during your usage very interest if you have already purchased resale.

Oceans82

Reaction score
It's one of Orando properties. The MF I quoted includes the annual club dues and property taxes.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's one of Orando properties. The MF I quoted includes the annual club dues and property taxes.

There aren't any 14k point units in Orlando, it sounds like you are buying two 7k units bundled together.

Hawaii has the high point units, my 14.4k points is $1650 maint fees all in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oceans82

Reaction score
There aren't any 14k point units in Orlando, it sounds like you are buying two 7k units bundled together.

Hawaii has the high point units, my 14.4k points is $1650 maint fees all in.

Yes, it's 2 $7,000 deeds bundled together with one maintenance fee. The MF is broken down as follows: $1,758.36, taxes: $422.24, and club dues: $159. How much did you pay for yours? Is $10,500 decent with seller paid closing costs?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Yes, it's 2 $7,000 deeds bundled together with one maintenance fee. The MF is broken down as follows: $1,758.36, taxes: $422.24, and club dues: $159. How much did you pay for yours? Is $10,500 decent with seller paid closing costs?
The maintenance fee is reflecting two maintenance fees. If there is an accessment in the future you will pay 2.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Im going to end up paying just the transfer fee if it makes it through ROFR

With one deed, I think that you will have one transfer fee of $399 but you will two activate fees of $560 each for your two weeks. I would discuss this with the selling agent anyway. I always like to know all of the cost upfront when making a decision. Someone else might have better insight.

So it looks like you are purchasing 2 Br platinum season at SeaWorld. Platinum season is good. MF ratio is 0.156. I would put your MFs as average or little below. Your buy-in cost are good. Others will have other opinions. There is a Sticky with MFs which list the HGVC with the lowest MFs. This may be useful for you to consider before purchasing.

Oceans82

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your feedback and support. This is very helpful.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
With one deed, I think that you will have one transfer fee of $399 but you will two activate fees of $560 each for your two weeks. I would discuss this with the selling agent anyway. I always like to know all of the cost upfront when making a decision. Someone else might have better insight.

So it looks like you are purchasing 2 Br platinum season at SeaWorld. Platinum season is good. MF ratio is 0.156. I would put your MFs as average or little below. Your buy-in cost are good. Others will have other opinions. There is a Sticky with MFs which list the HGVC with the lowest MFs. This may be useful for you to consider before purchasing.

Agree. Your purchase looks good to me. Buying 7000 points for $5250 is a good price. Maintenance fees are about as good as it gets.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

That is a good deal. I searched for a year before I found the one I wanted at a price I wanted to pay, $13k.