• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham vs. Worldmark Resale Values

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the home resort advantage specific to the resort or the state? I guess I am thinking of Shell.

It is contract based, most are specific to one resort. Some may cross several in the same area, or 2 or 3 in different area. And their new retail purchase will has cross more.

And lastly, if it is specific to the resort, which of the Wyndham is the best property?

Depends on your creteria of best. It usually depends on
1) if management company really know what they are doing and willing to perform
2) if POA think in the same page as the management company
3) The local area economic
4) how many TS are built around there
5) the view and the place the TS
6) the bless from nature

I will say the one in your driving distance is the best

Jya-Ning

luckybunny

Reaction score
If you want to stay at Royal Vista, Palm Aire, Santa Barbara or Sea Garden which are in the Pompano and Deerfield Beach areas, then Wyndham is the way to go.

If you want to stay at the Marriott Beach Place Tower in Fort Lauderdale Beach or Marriott Ocean Pointe on Singer Island in Palm Beach Shores, then WorldMark is the way to go since both of those resorts are so easy to get (except for Winter) through II. In general, Florida Marriott's are all fairly easy to get via II using WorldMark.

Personally, I stay in either Beach Place Tower, Ocean Points or Royal Vista all the time. I think my favorite of the 3 is Royal Vista.

I also like the Bluegreen Resort in North Miami Beach called Solara Surfside. It is also Ocean front. Further south is the Hammocks at Marathon which is in the Florida Keys. All these resorts are great.

Royal Vista it is then!

I specifically need week 51 & 52 almost EVERY year in Fort Lauderdale area. If Marriott is hard to get during Winter then its no good to me. I also do need week 1-4 and sometimes 5-6 for my parent (golf) but I usually had very good luck with RCI last call and they are happy with VV at Weston.

I guess I will need a 300k points package for 2 weeks 2 bdrm in Royal Vista? How is the 1 bdrm?

BTW: If golf is more important, how is Palm Aire compared to Royal Vista? I mean in terms of quality and location. And is there an advantage in green fee for owner? Can you get the prefer green fee if you stay at other Wyndham property?

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will need a 406,000 pt package for 2bdr/2ba Royal Vista for week 51 and 52. And book at the 13th month mark. And FULL week reservation as it is PRIME time - no 4 day weeks.
:D

luckybunny

Reaction score
Can I buy a biennial contract and rent the additional points that I need? I rather not commit to MF with the way things are going now.

Suppose I buy a biennial odd year points package, would I be able to rent points from other Royal Vista owners to use in even years?

Also, if I am staying in Royal Vista, can I golf at Palm Aire for lower green fee? Is this benefit for owner only or guest too? And does anyon know what the discounted green fee is at Palm Aire?

Last edited:

photosmike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I buy a biennial contract and rent the additional points that I need? I rather not commit to MF with the way things are going now.

Suppose I buy a biennial odd year points package, would I be able to rent points from other Royal Vista owners to use in even years?

Also, if I am staying in Royal Vista, can I golf at Palm Aire for lower green fee? Is this benefit for owner only or guest too? And does anyon know what the discounted green fee is at Palm Aire?

You can rent the additional points you need, but ARP will only apply for the points you actually own. When points are transferred to/from another owner, the points lose all ARP rights.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score

Palm Aire has Golf, but that resort really isnt' very good. If you need 2 weeks in week 51 or 52 you really need to purchase 406000 points deeded at Royal Vista to get ARP. It will be pricey since the maintenance fees and taxes are so high. But, it will be worth it. I love that resort.

luckybunny

Reaction score
What about Santa Barbara? This resort is getting top reviews on Tripadvisor.com and recently renovated..

It also requires lower points per stay

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about Santa Barbara? This resort is getting top reviews on Tripadvisor.com and recently renovated..

It also requires lower points per stay

What is you trying to achieve? And what you plan to do when you don'e want to visit there during the prime time, and what you plan to do when you can not use your point?

Jya-Ning

luckybunny

Reaction score
What is you trying to achieve? And what you plan to do when you don'e want to visit there during the prime time, and what you plan to do when you can not use your point?

Jya-Ning

As I mentioned earlier, 4 years out of 5, I need week 51 AND 52 in Fort Lauderdale area. I don't want to try to exchange any more and rather have those two weeks locked in by either owning a fixed week or Wyndham where I can have home resort advantage. My parent travels with me and they stay on for another month but I always manage to find last minute RCI week for them so week 1-4 is not a problem.

I am looking at Wyndham precisely for that odd year when I don't go to Florida then I can try and use it elsewhere.

I just bought a fixed week 51 in FLL area which happens to be a RCI Points unit as well. I need another week and I don't mind if they are not the same resort as variety makes the vacation interesting.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
RV is on the beach, SB is across Rt 1 to the beach, if that is any decision factor.

RV is UDI unit, so if you bought there, at 13 month, it is fair game to owners that bought points there, but you will need to call in at 13 month for week 51 & 52.

SB is week only. Which means you will buy only a week. Some of the week maybe converted to the points, but from 13 month to 10 month, you can only get the underline week. So if you want that, you need to looking for point contract that says the underline week is 51 or 52 on that resort and 2 BD if that is what you want.

I don't see that type of contracts either for RV or SB often. So you need to be patient

Jya-Ning