• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham View From the Balcony

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham/ Worldmark Lake of the Ozarks. 101-A

Even on the first floor the view is pretty darn good. And the 4-bedroom prez unit is absolutely HUGE.

Attachments

• IMG_3584.jpeg
    IMG_3584.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 26

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham/Worldmark Lake of the Ozarks. 203-A

Even better from the 2nd floor.

Attachments

• IMG_3586.jpeg
    IMG_3586.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 29

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Newport, these were some of our views from Inn at the Harbor... I'll show you 2 views...One was ours (beautiful) and the one with seagull droppings on the roof, my sons. No complaints, just saying, you never know! (Now I'm thinking I may have gone up on to the rooftop deck to take that 2nd picture, but it is the same view as he had out his window, pretty much). The seagull droppings picture includes a view of Newport Onshore where my daughter stayed - it's that close! The circled van is theirs (and you can tandem park up to 3 cars there), the arrow points to where her room was. A very easy walk from Inn on the Harbor to building 4 of Newport Onshore.

3rd picture -- I had one thrilled 4 year old grandson, looking daily for sharks... these are off the wharf in front of Inn on the Harbor. I think they live under the wharf, not sure what they do at low tide. Must go out to sea with the tide? I wish I could post the video, a still picture does it no justice. But might help you know what to look for?

Attachments

• Inn on the Harbor - Nice View 406.JPG
    Inn on the Harbor - Nice View 406.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Newport Inn on the Harbor - Poop View 410.JPG
    Newport Inn on the Harbor - Poop View 410.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Baby Shark off Inn on the Harbor wharf.jpg
    Baby Shark off Inn on the Harbor wharf.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 49

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Club Wyndham Westwinds, North Myrtle Beach, 809:
IMG_0494.jpeg

Balcony is a wraparound, quite large.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wow. Maybe we need to start a thread for terrible views from the balcony. That photo just might win a competition.

I nominate my post #173

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Bentley Brook, Unit #2433. Two from the balcony and two of the balcony.

Attachments

• BB1.jpg
    BB1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 55
  • BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 61
  • BB4.jpg
    BB4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 65
  • BB3.jpg
    BB3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Bentley Brook, Unit #2433. Two from the balcony and two of the balcony.
Oops, the chair! Don't sit there! We love Bentley Brook. Great staff and always something to do, any time of year. Enjoy!!!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it is a birds nest, resulting in the crap on the patio chair.
Yes, the chair is strategically placed directly under the bird's nest.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, the chair is strategically placed directly under the bird's nest.
Out of curiosity, what did you do when you encountered that? Did you call the front desk and ask them to have maintenance do something? Did they?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, nothing but I should have. I just didn't sit there!

We're going back there Saturday. I'll mention it then,

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers' Notch, Owls #19

Smuggs1.jpg
Smuggs2.jpg

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, nothing but I should have. I just didn't sit there!

We're going back there Saturday. I'll mention it then.
We checked in yesterday afternoon. I told the girl who checked us in about the bird's nest and poop coated chair. She kind of giggled and said they couldn't do anything about the nest if there were eggs or chicks in it. (She's a bit of a dingbat.) I doubt anything will be done at all.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Great pictures, including the one of the bird poop. Unless the bird is an eagle, the bird nest should be removed and the balcony cleaned.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Great pictures, including the one of the bird poop. Unless the bird is an eagle, the bird nest should be removed and the balcony cleaned.
A quick Google search turns up that, in many states, this is not true. It may very likely be illegal (and not cool) to remove an active birds nest. There can be exceptions if the bird is an invasive species.

“A person shall not take, disturb or destroy a nest or eggs of any bird except an English sparrow, crow, jay or starling.”

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How did you like Smugglers Notch? It's been years since we've been, but I've always shied away from it. I thought the Smuggs Pass was confusing and wasn't sure if only owners got it, or certain types of owners, or if you still had to pay to use some things. I had a hard time getting straight answers and kind of threw my hands up. We were there during ski season and didn't pay anything for anything we did (shuttle to the slopes or use the pool by us), but it was hard to know what we needed and I think we almost bought a pass before finding out we didn't need to.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've enjoyed Smuggs every time we've been there but I have to admit, the array of extras is daunting. We've never bought (or received) Smuggs passes and never missed it. I don't know what a Smuggs pass does. Nor do I know what one can do without a Smuggs pass as an owner or non-owner.

We tend to do things off-site.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
19th floor, South Tower, Ocean Walk. High tide this morning!
IMG_0657.jpeg

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Great photo! Very close to monochromatic. And those clouds!
Thanks, Jim. It was a beautiful scene. Here are a couple more pics. I love sunrise at the beach!
IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned