• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will you be going out to eat?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No dining plans after 8pm because restaurants must be closed after 8pm starting today.:bawl:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I was looking forward to eating out at one of my fav restaurants. I know they are offering take out but not the same w/ 5 screaming kids wanting to share.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Food service workers throughout the nation will be hurting financially.

I wasn't trying to be prophetic. I just learned my son in NYC just worked his last night for who knows how long. He is a bartender. :(

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Also consider the impact on weddings. Talked with my parents last night. My cousin is supposed to be getting married in a week or so up in Ontario. Doubtful that it will happen as the groom's family is from Europe and won't be able to travel now as Canada implemented restrictions similar to the US. Many facilities are offering to move dates for couples, so that may be a good thing. We indicated that we wouldn't be able to attend back when they sent out invites, I truly feel bad for them. They have been planning this for a long time.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Also consider the impact on weddings. Talked with my parents last night. My cousin is supposed to be getting married in a week or so up in Ontario. Doubtful that it will happen as the groom's family is from Europe and won't be able to travel now as Canada implemented restrictions similar to the US. Many facilities are offering to move dates for couples, so that may be a good thing. We indicated that we wouldn't be able to attend back when they sent out invites, I truly feel bad for them. They have been planning this for a long time.
My nephew and his wife own a wedding venue in Missouri. I asked my sister if they had been impacted. She said not yet as their season hasn't really started yet. I'm sure they have weddings, and large ones, booked for the next few months. I don't think Missouri is under a lot of the restrictions as other places.....................yet.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Decent crowd at Texas Roadhouse tonight, but noticed some changes...
They collect menus for wiping, instead of leaving 'em on the table.
The same for salt & pepper shakers, and steak sauces.
Also, no pails of roasted peanuts, only sealed little bags.

Fortunately, the margaritas are still just as good.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Decent crowd at Texas Roadhouse tonight, but noticed some changes...
They collect menus for wiping, instead of leaving 'em on the table.
The same for salt & pepper shakers, and steak sauces.
Also, no pails of roasted peanuts, only sealed little bags.

Fortunately, the margaritas are still just as good.

They should just go to paper printed one time use menus. That is what many of the cruise lines did before they shut down.

Wiping down menus, again doing what they always should have been doing. Those things are often gross.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the news reports, most of the restaurants in Wisconsin have had a sharp downturn. Fearing that all the restaurants would be forced to close very soon given that Illinois and Ohio had taken these steps (see note below), we went out to a favorite local restaurant Sunday night thinking it would be our last night out for a while. Our across the street neighbors went to the same restaurant Saturday night and said it was packed and they were put in a side room not normally used except for meetings. (The tables and chairs are a definite downgrade.) As we walked in, they were setting up a bunch of tables for reservations. Talking to the bartender and owner whom we often talk to, they both said that they were far ahead on the usual number of reservations for a Sunday night and that the last two weeks had been very, very busy. We got the usual menus, but the owner said they would be switching to one time use paper menus the next night. Hopefully, they will have continued success.

The announcement from the governor about restaurant closings came the next day. They could stay open but only seat 50 customers or half of what their seating capacity is, which ever number is less.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Jax just announced bars and nightclubs closed completely for the next 30 days...whew.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
No mandatory shut down of restaurants in Santa Fe (or New Mexico). However restaurants must operate at 50% capacity and tables must be 6 feet apart. There were two articles in today's paper about how mid-range and high end restaurants in Santa Fe are dealing with this. Several mid-range have gone to take out and delivery only, with several offering a curb side pick up. There is one high end that is setting up their small private dining rooms with just one table, one seating per evening. Who knows, this may become a new thing.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
We can no longer sit down and dine in a restaurant in Toronto, after an order from Toronto Public Health. The provincial government has made the same "strong" recommendation for anywhere in the Province of Ontario, but not yet made it mandatory. Under the order only take-out or drive-through is permitted. Many restaurants are now offering free delivery service by waiving or absorbing any delivery charges. We will try to support some of our favourite, local restaurants through this difficult time by ordering delivery from them, since we can no longer go there to dine. We were not intending to in any case, since we are trying to stay mostly in the house during this critical period.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Live in North Jersey. Only Take out until further notice

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
OH MY GOSH! That is way too long. Way too long to close restaurants. How many are going to stay open after this paranoia is over?
It may depend on how many are successful with going to a delivery and pick up service only. I can see that working for restaurants, but bars???

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Vermont restaurants closed.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our country club had the big meeting yesterday and we got the announcement today. The 2 sports and social clubs will be closing for 2 weeks for now. Golf course will remain open and the cart guys will no longer clean our clubs. They will sanitize the club's golf carts more thoroughly between players. For those of us with private carts, we can request the guys to sanitize our carts. No more outside playing guests at all. Restaurant will remain open but sitting will be reduced to increase distance. Serving procedures will also be changed, whatever that means. 3 evenings of curb pick up service will be added. Our restaurant only opens 2 nights a week.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Uh oh...
If it's an Italian wedding there will be more than 50 people just in the bridal party ;).

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We went out for lunch today ($10 coupon), and while there...
Florida's Governor closed bars for 30 days and limited restaurants to 1/2 capacity.

They took stools away from the bar and put up "Closed due to Coronavirus" signs.
They put the same sign on every other table.
Our waiter said, "This means half of us won't be working."

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Our country club had the big meeting yesterday and we got the announcement today. The 2 sports and social clubs will be closing for 2 weeks for now. Golf course will remain open and the cart guys will no longer clean our clubs. They will sanitize the club's golf carts more thoroughly between players. For those of us with private carts, we can request the guys to sanitize our carts. No more outside playing guests at all. Restaurant will remain open but sitting will be reduced to increase distance. Serving procedures will also be changed, whatever that means. 3 evenings of curb pick up service will be added. Our restaurant only opens 2 nights a week.
Oh, how will you survive? ;)

Kurt

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can no longer sit down and dine in a restaurant in Toronto, after an order from Toronto Public Health. The provincial government has made the same "strong" recommendation for anywhere in the Province of Ontario, but not yet made it mandatory. Under the order only take-out or drive-through is permitted.
The above is also true for San Diego County (mandatory) and the state of California (strongly recommended).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Pot roast for dinner. Rick is cooking it, since the palms of my hands have a rash or something. I guess it's eczema. I might have gotten some hand soap that disagreed with me, maybe allergic. I threw a bottle away days ago, but the rash is still an issue. I take Benadryl, which helps, but I can only take it at night, or I am sleepy all day long.

I still don't get the paranoia over this illness because H1N1 was such a scare, but you never had closures, and it wasn't hyped like this. I hope the curve becomes a flat-line soon. I feel badly for retailers, restaurants and all small businesses that will suffer. Sadly, this is just going to be devastating for them.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
No place to eat out in either OH or CO so the question is moot:(

Cheers

geekette

Reaction score
Pot roast for dinner. Rick is cooking it, since the palms of my hands have a rash or something. I guess it's eczema. I might have gotten some hand soap that disagreed with me, maybe allergic. I threw a bottle away days ago, but the rash is still an issue. I take Benadryl, which helps, but I can only take it at night, or I am sleepy all day long.

I still don't get the paranoia over this illness because H1N1 was such a scare, but you never had closures, and it wasn't hyped like this. I hope the curve becomes a flat-line soon. I feel badly for retailers, restaurants and all small businesses that will suffer. Sadly, this is just going to be devastating for them.
The response was swift, the virus was contained. This time, response sluggish, testing nearly non-existent so tracing /quarantine didn't happen, late containment failing, people not heeding instructions. This is not going to be a flat line. We are well past any kind of happy outcome. It's coming. The disaster has not yet hit, even tho most states declared emergency a week or more ago.