• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will you be going out to eat?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
More likely pick up. I will be working w/ my crew at home so delivery occasionally will be a treat.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Just got back from dinner at a local restaurant. Was more crowded than expected, and manager said he didn't expect so many people.

Will report back in 2-14 days. :sick:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just got back from dinner from our favorite restaurant in San Francisco. There was only one other couple there when we arrived, but it was early. By the time we left they were just about filled up. Our waiter told us that locals are being told this is a great time for people who live in the area to do the touristy things that are usually crowded.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Yes locally to celebrate my son's birthday.
Would like to eat out several times, if we travel down to Arizona at month's end.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the end of our Couples golf tournament today, we had a buffet at the club as usual. The group is usually no larger than about 50 people and today we had about 30 people. The restaurant folks were dishing food onto our plates so that we were not touching the handles. It was a good move. It makes us re-think whether to do the St Patrick's Day event next Tuesday. If they are going to handle the food, the risk should be lower.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As this is a b'day week, I get tons of email offers from restaurants...
Tonight, I went out for $10 off + free dessert at Harry's (New Orleans style).

This week, I had these meals for Free:
-- a burger at Red Robin.
-- a BBQ plate at Sonny's.
-- a sub at Jersey Mike's.
-- a tableside grilled meal (value $22) at Yamato's.

Hard to save money at home when it's free.

Still to come:
-- Free burger or salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's.
-- $10 off at Dockside Grill (=25-30% off).

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are not big on eating out, but did have brunch out last Sunday. Once a week or two is normal. We'll probably keep up the pace. Even at that, We usually get 2 dinner salads and share one entree. Big spenders! I might grab a growler or two and head for my favorite local brewer to stimulate the economy. :)

geekette

Reaction score
We committed to self isolate.
I also have been self-isolating the past few weeks. I don't get cabin fever and have been mostly sticking around home the past few years, so it's easy for me. Also wanted to be part of flattening, as late a case as possible. I don't actually have to leave the house while other people do, so, I was early on staying out of it. I keep odd hours and have been either very early or very late for my outings to run across as few people as possible.

I don't know that I would say "committed", it's just something that made sense for me when I got back from the beach Feb 26. It wasn't clear where the illness might be lurking, and I'd talked to people in the elevator, fuel stops in different states, etc.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Denny's was quiet this morning. I think folks are staying in or hunting groceries. The Farmer's Market down the hill was apparently cancelled and folks were bemoaning that. We got a broad smile and thank you on the $10 tip on $22 worth of coffee and Super Slam breakfasts. Those working on restaurant tips will be hurting.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still eating out when I am on the run all day. Most places I've been to or just walked past have been dead during the formerly busy lunch hour. I want to keep the businesses open so as long as I don't think I've been exposed, I'll keep doing business with them.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sitting here stewing about our daughter's decision that we should not go out. I had proposed going to a place in Albany with the best prime rib around. Two hours ago I started to salivate about our dinner. Then my daughter calls up from Williamsburg and tells my wife that some local 71 Y/O died from the virus. She DEMANDED that we don't go out. Wife is now cooking her version of spaghetti and meat sauce. I am dejected. However, we did go out for ice cream this afternoon because my wife wanted to..................:bawl:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am sitting here stewing about our daughter's decision that we should not go out. I had proposed going to a place in Albany with the best prime rib around. Two hours ago I started to salivate about our dinner. Then my daughter calls up from Williamsburg and tells my wife that some local 71 Y/O died from the virus. She DEMANDED that we don't go out. Wife is now cooking her version of spaghetti and meat sauce. I am dejected. However, we did go out for ice cream this afternoon because my wife wanted to..................:bawl:
You daughter cares and loves you. Your lucky you wife knows how to cook.

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We ate dinner out Thursday and Friday night. The local diner, where we ate on Thursday, said business is down %50. The local Italian restaurant which is normally jam packed with a waiting list on Friday evening, was less than half full. We ate in tonight and plan on mainly eating in for the next couple of weeks.

School is cancelled as are our daughter's activities (well the few that aren't we're planning on keeping her home anyway). I definitely have sympathy for the local businesses, especially the smaller ones with the least resources to make it through the epidemic; however, I believe it is critical we all chip in and do our best to flatten the curve and minimize the health impacts of covid-19 as much as possible. We will undoubtedly also need to figure out ways to help community businesses recover from the losses but that will come later. We can't delay if we want to flatten the curve. The only chance of that working is if the overwhelming majority of us self-isolate as much as possible.

--Jon

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I feel like I want to go out and support these small businesses. Our son works part time at one for extra money he depends on. Yet I also know we have to limit our presence at establishments in close quarters and with large groups of people. No way to win or help with this. Really saddens me. As it is, it is such a hard business to be in. Just terrible.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I feel like I want to go out and support these small businesses. Our son works part time at one for extra money he depends on. Yet I also know we have to limit our presence at establishments in close quarters and with large groups of people. No way to win or help with this. Really saddens me. As it is, it is such a hard business to be in. Just terrible.
Maybe donate to you local food bank. I think I will mail a check in. Many families will need help.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We went to get ice cream at Baskin Robbins today. I was a little worried watching the person scoop my ice cream but it did taste pretty good. :)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I called our local pie shop on Tuesday to be sure they were serving corned beef and cabbage and was assured they'd have it all month. Will call again tomorrow just to be sure they are open and then go pick up to go meals and hopefully a key lime pie to take to my parents home. Mom and Hope spent an hour online today placing their standard weekly grocery order on Vons.com, only to get to the end and find out earliest delivery is a week from tomorrow. They are fine except for cat food for the "timeshare cats" that visit, so we'll try Petco tomorrow if the nearby grocery store parking hasn't spilled over.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
...We have been getting emails from restaurants about how they are monitoring the situation and cleaning and blah blah blah. You mean you are starting to do what you should have always been doing? After watching them sweep a table (I say sweep because most of the crumbs end up on the floor), you learn real fast that the people cleaning tables don't care. Do they care more now, are they using the same nasty cloth that they used for every other table that night. Are they even using cleaner? I haven't seen a spray bottle of cleaner used to spray the table before wiping it in a long time.

Absolutely, spot on.

My inbox has been flooded with emails similar to this and that was my thought precisely. None of those emails have moved me to return to a restaurant because they are now doing what they should have all along.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live along the shore in Old Saybrook, Connecticut.
We went out to dinner at 5:00 PM and there was a smaller but good crowd for this time of the year, about 2/3 full with many more coming in as we left.

Our population doubles in the summer.
Last night we saw a few NY cars. In the summer some refer to them as tourists, we call them taxpayers because they own the Million dollar plus cottages.
Last night when I saw a NY car I said, "It looks like the lousy taxpayers are back."
Visitors do increase our risk.

The most popular bar, Bill's Seafood, had a full parking lot. They were having their annual St Pat's celebration with a couple of large tents setup to increase the capacity.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our club has an annual st Patrick’s day party, entertainment, the whole works, reservations sell out one in about half an hour, one month in advance, limit to about 150 people. That has been cancelled but they are taking orders for corned beef and cabbage dinners, carry out.
someone in the community is collecting to help support our wait staff during this time.